Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour (14458 Views)

Obasanjo: I Made A Mistake Picking My "Number Two" In The 1999 Election / No INEC Officials Or Materials In Obasanjo’s Polling Unit (PHOTO) / EFCC Begins Probe Of Suspects In Obasanjo’s $16bn Electricity Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by nairavsdollars(f): 6:55am On Aug 13, 2020
* Says He Won Election With 1.2 Million Votes

* Blames Senator David Mark

Chief Olu Falae, a former Min­ister of Finance and Secretary to the Government of the Fed­eration (SGF), said on Wednes­day that fear of probe was pri­marily responsible for why the military foisted former Pres­ident Olusegun Obasanjo on Nigerians in 1999.

Falae, who said he won the presidential election, claimed that the military hierarchy who organised the election then preferred one of their own to win in order to protect their interests and shield them from investiga­tions.

According to the result re­leased by the Independent Na­tional Electoral Commission (INEC), Obasanjo, who ran on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), de­feated Olu Falae, who was the joint candidate of the defunct All Peoples Party (APP) and the Alliance for Democracy (AD).

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Daily Inde­pendent in his Akure home, Falae said, from available records, he won the election with over 1.2 million votes as most of the votes allocated to Obasanjo were fictitious.

According to Falae, his then lawyer, the late Chief Godwin Olusegun Kolawole (GOK) Ajayi, SAN, was able to come up with overwhelm­ing evidence that he defeated Obasanjo in the election.

He said: “First of all, all that is now history but facts are facts. I knew for a fact that I won that election and even Obasanjo himself knew that he didn’t win.

“I believed I won so I went to the tribunal and my lawyer, the late GOK Ajayi, produced overwhelming evidence to show that the votes assigned to Obasanjo were fake, exag­gerated, and fictitious.

“For example, I still have here results that showed that in virtually every state in the North and in the East, Obasanjo scored more votes in many constituencies than the total number of registered voters in places where I too won some votes.

So, it is mathematically impossible for one out of two candidates to earn more votes than the total number of hu­man beings registered and available to vote. When that is the case, you cancel the result of the election.

“If that had been done, I would have won the election by 1.2 million votes. That was what GOK Ajayi demonstrat­ed in the court.”

Falae, who said he had overwhelming support across the country, also said a state­ment credited to David Mark, a former Senate President, that a sergeant in the army is better than a university grad­uate who is a civilian went a long way in influencing the decision of the military to rig Obasanjo in.

“The truth was that the military knew whom they were going to handover to".

“Even though they pre­ferred Obasanjo before the election, there was some hes­itation on their part.

“From what I was able to put together by hindsight, there was some point when they thought they could hand over to me and that I won’t do them any harm.

“But having worked with them for five years, they had seen what I was capable of doing, they thought I had the competence, commitment, pa­triotism, and the broad-mind­edness to preside over a coun­try like Nigeria with a good outcome".

But later, other opinions within the military differed from that.

“Later, one of them ver­balised it openly in the news­papers by saying a sergeant in the army is better than a university graduate who is a civilian.

“He said only the military can govern Nigeria properly; no civilian is capable of lead­ing the country.

“I think that opinion later prevailed. So, they went back to their former boss and they started manipulating the re­sults even though the entire nation had voted for me mas­sively.

“The day I went to Jos, it took my motorcade three and half hours to drive from the airport to the city of Jos.

“That is a journey that nor­mally takes half an hour. The same happened in Kano and Kaduna where I was met with shouts of ‘no more soldiers’.

“Clearly, I won the election but the military wanted an ex-military man to hand over, believing that they were safer in his hands and that he will not probe them,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/fear-of-probe-made-military-manipulate-1999-poll-in-objs-favour-falae/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by helinues: 6:56am On Aug 13, 2020
from available records, he won the election with over 1.2 million votes as most of the votes allocated to Obasanjo were fictitious.

That must be from the cloud server results... grin cheesy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 13, 2020
instead of talking about better thing. nah 1999 election this one dey yarn

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 13, 2020
Olu falae still Pained abt the past..

Set awon useless elders...

Wetin concern us with 1999

We shud find a way to the problem we created

It is destroying everything in Nigeria... We need a better president in Nigeria...

The way this country is going, it's bad..

I don't mind if we go our separate ways to achieve this development

Lzaa imhotep IgbalodeRaymond

I am not an enemy of Biafra, trust mi....

If separation will give us what we need, then so be it..

Forget my online rants, I wish we can have a separate entity too..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by anonimi: 7:00am On Aug 13, 2020
Falae needs to zip it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Joshmodest(m): 7:00am On Aug 13, 2020
Falae really thinks he won obasanjo.?.
I don't see anyway he would have done that...Obasanjo was well known as a former head of state who once gave power to the civilians ...it was only normal to give him power...I don't like him but he earned 1999 election ..its not up for debate !!
Maybe Falae is trying to end today on a "high"
??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Enoch07: 7:01am On Aug 13, 2020
so what do you want us to do about it now after so many years?? oga abeg we get other national issues I beg

14 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Beremx(f): 7:01am On Aug 13, 2020
Medicine after death. You didn’t say this since 1998?
Expecting Obasanjo’s response and Fayose’s bomb attack. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by iamyemiakins(m): 7:01am On Aug 13, 2020
Boom
Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Slawormir: 7:01am On Aug 13, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

WiseAnt:

Be a real niggarrr
Remember my grandfather will always say
Son the past is a stepping stone to the future

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 13, 2020
Seems plausible

2 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by TheGooodMan: 7:02am On Aug 13, 2020
Are you sure you aren't living in delusion sir?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by RapistOnBail: 7:02am On Aug 13, 2020
grin

Lying bastards. Make una carry una crude oil. Legit benefit boys know watsup! cool
Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by anonimi: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2020
Beremx:
Medicine after death. You didn’t say this since 1998?
Expecting Obasanjo’s response and Fayose’s bomb attack. grin

Continuous drama to keep the 200 million mumus entertained as the political class loots our destiny

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2020
And it took you 21 years to say this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Baawaa(m): 7:03am On Aug 13, 2020
AD then was a regional party, S/W
Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by rkumije: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2020
Baba ooo...well, we can't say an elderly man is lying
Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Factfinder1(m): 7:03am On Aug 13, 2020
More cans will be opened soon

1 Like

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by illicit(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2020
Baba, that one don pass
Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Mo3891: 7:04am On Aug 13, 2020
cool

George Bush also rigged his election against Al Gore in 2000.. heaven didn't fall

2 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by darocha1: 7:04am On Aug 13, 2020
Though it is history, some truth needs to be mentioned once in a while

6 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 13, 2020
WiseAnt:

person wey dey craze cheesy
Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by EdmundChidera(m): 7:05am On Aug 13, 2020
Why are they bringing it up now

I'm a professional business consultant and our service is exceptional. Check my signature for your proper consultancy.
Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Goalnaldo(m): 7:05am On Aug 13, 2020
cool
Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by nairavsdollars(f): 7:05am On Aug 13, 2020
I think that was why they frustrated Awolowo and Abiola too. Dont say you will probe them if you win. Keep it in your mind like PMB

8 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by bolaayenimo: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Did Senator David Mark actually say that a sergeant is better than a university graduate? I can't believe it.

3 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by odinnie: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2020
and who runs the military till today.. your answer is what make the south with all their sophistication still remains stupid

3 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Chai sorry sir. Till next life
We all know that Obasanjo was the origin and grand patron of election rigging in Nigeria. Now I know where the problem is coming from.

2 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by ChiefOloye(m): 7:07am On Aug 13, 2020
if Nigeria had gotten it right with the reintroduction of Democracy in 1999, we probably wouldn't have been where we are today, Obasanjo was a mistake

7 Likes

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by Lagbaja01(m): 7:07am On Aug 13, 2020
There are things in life one cannot change....The best decision is to just move on. It's disgusting if one hears a 40 yrs old man complaining about how his parent didn't raise him with wealth.

1 Like

Re: Falae: Fear Of Probe Made Military Manipulate 1999 Election In Obasanjo's Favour by wildlife9999(m): 7:08am On Aug 13, 2020
darocha1:
Though it is history, some truth needs to be mentioned once in a while

Just help Guy I want to receive package from US which address should I use the lady is asking me for my trusted address and phone number should in case something went wrong. Should I use my office address. Or what about the post code I'm currently chatting with her now.
DHL near my office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Produces Binance Executive In Court For Arraignment / I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha / Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.