Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,034 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha (14461 Views)

Ministerial Appointments: S/east ‘ll Still Be Shortchanged — Rep Nwonu / Race For Ibo Presidency -president Rochas Of APC Or President Peter Obi Of PDP / I Will Fix Nigeria If Elected President- Rochas Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 19, 2012
After two previous attempts, Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha last week put back on track his presidential dream, urging the electorate to evaluate the second term ambitions of serving governors within the context of performance. He spoke in Owerri, the state capital, on Tuesday while hosting a team from The Sun Publishing Company Limited, publishers of The Sun titles. The team comprised the Managing Director/ Editor-In Chief, Mr. Tony Onyima, Daily Editor, Mr. Steve Nwosu, Political Editor, Mr. Chidi Obineche, and the South-east Bureau Chief, Mr. Chidi Nnadi.

Okorocha said he would use his current position as a launch pad, because “I am here to demonstrate my vision and leadership skills.” Stretching further his desire for the presidential diadem, Okorocha, who described himself as an unconventional governor said: “If I am going to contest for president in 2015, then my one term ends. If I am going to contest for president in 2019, then it is better to face what I am doing. But the truth is that my ambition to run for the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is not cancelled.” He criticised the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for not putting performance as a benchmark in the quest for second term by public office holders.

“I remember that the issue of second term is not a right for anyone who has been a governor. Whether you have done well or not, you’re entitled to a second term. Let whatever you have done speak for you. I have argued that with the leaders of the PDP. It is wrong.” The governor, who is of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), also relieved his ordeal when he was a member of the PDP. He accused the PDP of failing him at critical points in his political career, and lacking the basic tenets of internal democracy; vowing not to ever have anything to do with the party again.

Through all my political life, PDP has failed me. First, I wanted to be governor under the PDP. It was taken away from me. I wanted to be a senator, I went under PDP and won, but they denied me the ticket. I came to run for president under the PDP, and I came second. Then, I wanted to be the national chairman, it was not possible. I wouldn’t have achieved my political ambition under PDP. If I had gone for the governorship under PDP in 2011, Ohakim would have stopped me at the primary. That’s to tell you my odyssey in PDP. I have paid my dues in PDP, thinking that the PDP has internal democracy. The party has a problem of internal democracy.”

He declared his intention to reposition APGA as a strong national party with vision. Although, he acknowledged his newness on the platform, he said the current crisis plaguing it was not as much the issue as the loss of vision and communication. Restating its vision, he said: “If it is just an addendum to the PDP, then it is not growing. Our vision for it is to make it a strong national platform, completely independent with its roots in Igbo land; we can quickly reach out and be strong in other parts of the country.

“We are going to strengthen the party, reorganize it. The issue of leadership is even an infinitesimal part of the problem as compared with vision. Yesterday, every Igboman believes APGA is their party. You can’t win election in the South-east without their support.” On the challenge of running the affairs of Imo state, he said it was daunting but surmountable, saying he met a state that was not doing well, with poverty, debts, lack of trust, corruption and deceit dotting the landscape.

http://sunnewsonline.com/article/i-%E2%80%99ll-still-be-president-%E2%80%93-rochas-okorocha

2 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by okosodo: 7:17am On Jul 19, 2012
there is nothing wrong with dreaming

4 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 19, 2012
i dont think he is only dreaming but working towards it..depends on how he handles imo state...so far so good though

6 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Super1759: 8:09am On Jul 19, 2012
I know this man gat plans.mayb 2015

3 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by PaulJohn1: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2012
I wish him good luck. But in this present Nigeria politics, it's not about how hard working you are but you knowing the right people.

1 Like

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Kolade9(m): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2012
of NFF?
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by femmy2010(m): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2012
It is not impossible if he keeps up his good deeds.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Neoviper147: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2012
Super1759: I know this man gat plans.mayb 2015
[size=16pt]Maybe in future but not 2015.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by slimyem: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2012
see person wey wan run wen him never begin walk...cheesy
okah nah...we go dey here dey look!
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by MrGlobe(m): 8:42am On Jul 19, 2012
I think he is currently the best candidate of ndiigbo. that's if this Nigerian project is not dismantled.

4 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Ayoobscom(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2012
Irrespective he's not from my tribe and faith...I will gladly vote for Rochas...he's living for people..he's a hero

12 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2012
This guy should forget presidency in 2015 and focus on an all-round improvement and development of his state. I only hear of his exploits in the education sector. What of roads,jobs creation,worker's working condition? Work on your state and leave PEOPLES DESTRUCTIVE PARTY and ACN/CPC Alliance to fight for 2015 presidency.You got leadership quality though so do GEJ.We dont need a good leader but fearless one unlike Mr dummy GEJ

2 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2012
Impossibility exist only in d dictionary of a fool...keep the good work goin and hopefully u wil get dere sumday....

3 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by trigar12(m): 8:46am On Jul 19, 2012
Lets wait and see. 2015 no far again
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by supereagle(m): 8:47am On Jul 19, 2012
Most people in Imo are not talking good of him. He has performed within one yr in office. But he talks too much .
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by edicolove: 8:50am On Jul 19, 2012
I told y'all that this man and Oshiomole will be back to the PDP. He knows what he is saying. He knows he can't be president under APGA or ACN or CPC. I said it long ago before the 2011 elections that this man just needed to join APGA to unseat Ohakim since Ohakim won't let him go past the primaries.

He is wrong on one one thing though. Its not just the PDP internal democracy that denied him the governorship ticket. Its the electoral act and the governors have been fighting against any change that will ensure a level playing field. It has to be modified to allow a level playing field. The incubent governors are too powerful.

I have said it also that the most performing governors will always be 1. Those that have big future ambitions and 2. Those who have very strong oppositions in their state.

2 Likes

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by namfav(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2012
in his dreams
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by mrkels(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2012
Trust Me, Nigerians would never allow this man be president...I mean even with his good works half his state hate him, trust me, I served in imo state...Am not saying he's not trying, the hell he is way better than ''let's do More'' ikedi ohakim, just that he's methods are allienic. Anyways in my opinion Oshiomole stands better chance if he ever wishes to go down that road...
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 19, 2012
Kolade9: of NFF?
... Lwkmd, he z a gud leader nigeria needz bt d fact z dat i dnt see an igbo man rulin nigeria... God help igbos

1 Like

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2012
Kolade9: of NFF?

grin grin grin grin
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by tonymariao(m): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2012
has not cordinated his state well talking about our great nation...Mstcheeew
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by oluchi557(f): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2012
maryjames9: This guy should forget presidency in 2015 and focus on an all-round improvement and development of his state. I only hear of his exploits in the education sector. What of roads,jobs creation,worker's working condition? Work on your state and leave PEOPLES DESTRUCTIVE PARTY and ACN/CPC Alliance to fight for 2015 presidency.You got leadership quality though so do GEJ.We dont need a good leader but fearless one unlike Mr dummy GEJ
jealousy run in ur blood

1 Like

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Super1759: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2012
Neoviper147:
[size=16pt]Maybe in future but not 2015.[/size]
...remember he told imolites dat he wil jus be a gov for one tenur.so with all this his plans,don't you think he is eyeing 2015?
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by vykte(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2012
I dae laugh in bokoharam style
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by jude33084(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2012
chuks01: i dont think he is only dreaming but working towards it..depends on how he handles imo state...so far so good though

Thank Ɣ☺Ʊ for that comment. To be candid abt τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊, τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ guy has tried. So far so ƍöôϑ and H̲̅€ should try to sustain it cool
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by miteolu(m): 8:56am On Jul 19, 2012
[size=15pt]WHERE IS THE FREE UNIVERSITY HE PROMISED?[/size]
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by senben(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2012
U gat my support and my vote only if de PDP virus does not infect U b4 den.
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Ibangap(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2012
Hopefully. lipsrsealed
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Super1759: 8:58am On Jul 19, 2012
tonymariao: has not cordinated his state well talking about our great nation...Mstcheeew
...what do you mean by that.who is complaining unlike abia and other states..nonsense talk
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by tonymariao(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2012
he has not cordinated Imo well begin dream again...Mstcheeew
Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by Onasa22: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2012
Ride on! By God's grace u wil be there. Nobody can stop u

1 Like

Re: I ’ll Still Be President – Rochas Okorocha by gegee(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2012
rochas nothing do u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S. To Expand Drone Attacks To Nigeria Says Leon Panetta, U.s. Defence S / Kogi: Supreme Court Gives Reasons For Faleke, Wada's Appeal Dismissal / EFCC Arrests Bala Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.