Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,032 members, 7,828,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) (21793 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Arsenal: 48% (73 votes)
Barcelona: 46% (70 votes)
Draw: 4% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

PSG Vs Chelsea : UCL (2 - 1) On 16th February 2016 / Preston Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 3) On 16th February 2015 / Arsenal Vs Everton Fc On Tuesday Feb 1st, 2011 (2-1 Final Score) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by omo9ja1(m): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2011
I still can't believe this result but well done to the boys
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Jaylone(m): 9:36am On Feb 17, 2011
fstranger3:

Are you the guy from Mushin who claimed to be living in America?

eya poor guy cry cry
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by omo9ja1(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2011
funny lol

Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by omo9ja1(m): 9:41am On Feb 17, 2011
funny lol

Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by king65(m): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2011
it was an interesting game and let's hope arsenal capitalises on the no puyol and pique pair in the return leg to take them out of the competition. Hurray ARSENAL
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by bollyn: 10:13am On Feb 17, 2011
grin kiss shocked angry grin******* grin cool/////[[[[]]]]]]]]]]///////////********** cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin wink wink shocked

up gunners, am always pround to be a gunners cos be have gun Barcelona down by our gun  poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[img][/img]
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Lagosboy: 10:34am On Feb 17, 2011
Gunner for life!!!

Yesterday was amzing for me, i watched the game in Spain with barca fans present , oh my God for 75 mins they were taunting me like hell, i felt like shit then suddenly Clichy passes a ball to VP and the rest is history.

I just hope we beat them again at nou Camp to make the world acknowledge the birth of a new team that will dominate world football. The boys have indeed become Men , Wilshere is a testament to that.

grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by king65(m): 10:38am On Feb 17, 2011
@ lagosboy, u were lucky not to have ur head or anyoda part of your body broken that's if you were actually at spain to see the match.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by UyiIredia(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2011
they had it in them >>> and they delivered well cool UP GUNNERS !!! cheesy
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Lagosboy: 11:08am On Feb 17, 2011
king65:

@ lagosboy, u were lucky not to have your head or anyoda part of your body broken that's if you were actually at spain to see the match.

Boy i was lucky because i was in Madrid and not Catalonia, but where i watched it had barca fans present , the marid people like to support barca opponents as well. However for 78 mins the barca fas kept taunting though. Had the last laugh!!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Ranoscky(m): 11:13am On Feb 17, 2011
I actually taught that someone would hide his head in shame after the match and guess what?. . .I was right! grin
Someone said Arsenal is the only big team in England that has never beaten Barca, but to their greatest surprise, Arsenal disgraced them when they were at the finest best form of their lifes, what a shame to the haters.

GUNNERS FOR LIFE !!!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Tokotaya: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2011
Gr8 game to watch. Surprised at the outcome tho.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Nkemika(f): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2011
grin just as i had predicted on VConnect fan page last night http://www.facebook.com/vconnectnigeria
i am certain all barca are sleeping now,  tongue
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by kodylicky(f): 11:51am On Feb 17, 2011
like i said " Barca wont know wat hit them"

congrats gunners

Gunnersss4lyf
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by delimit(m): 11:52am On Feb 17, 2011
What a gr8 game arsenal vs barca
Arsene wenger really proof to the world that he merit the award given to him by FIFA because of the substitution he made between song and arshavin
uuuuuuupppppppppppppp GGGGGUUUUUUNNNNNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSS
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Ibomade1: 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
What a game. Hope Arsenal can keep it up in Camp Nou
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by dammizz(m): 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
Gunners can boast 4 all I care, buh b careful wit ur ostentatious words else they r used against u on ur downfall after d second leg. Ma 10 cents
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Nkemika(f): 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2011
yes ooo, let dem haters b on their knee, but i would had made a cool cash if i had done a bet, cos i was certianed of a 2-1 by arsenal to barca, i even dropped my prediction on[b] VConnect[/b] fan page last night http://www.facebook.com/vconnectnigeria grin

now i believe that Wednesday is my lucky days  grin smiley
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Lagosboy: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2011
dammizz:

Gunners can boast 4 all I care, buh b careful wit your ostentatious words else they r used against u on your downfall after d second leg. Ma 10 cents

Let us enjoy the moment buddie  wink we have waited a while for this victory. 2006 CL final still hurts !! We know it is a game of 2 legs but we shall enjoy the moment.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by ideylaff: 1:20pm On Feb 17, 2011
Let us enjoy the moment buddie   we have waited a while for this victory. 2006 CL final still hurts !! We know it is a game of 2 legs but we shall enjoy the moment.

Hmmmmm that still hurts to as well. I sat in Stad de France for a complete 30 minutes starring at what could have been , Hurt me so so so bad especially since we held on well @ 10 men, b4 Almunia opned his near side like a clown,

But hey we need to focus @ CampNou, Already dusted my top and scarf, 4 the return leg (1 - 2 ) to us,  wink, we need to believe and then we put that into action,

The atmosphere @ The Groove was grand last night, "we rocked the whole stadium" , but Cesc looked a bit emotional 4 me after the game,
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Ogwuma(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2011
To think that some ppl are talking about d return leg in 3wks instead of celebrating arsenals break of barcas unbeaten run, is d definition of 'hating', we d gunners are saying ''bring on barca again'', up scyzny, up wilshere, van p, fab, up gunners!!!!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by underscore: 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2011
All you fake football pundits and false prophets will be amazed at the result of the return leg.
Will Arsenal go there with crippled players to give Barca (who will be without their central defensive pair) a chance to qualify at their expense?
Are Barca going to use another set of players aside the ones that tasted defeat yesterday?
Will Arsenal Wenger fold his hands and believe he has qualified or cook up some other tactics before their next meeting?
TALK is CHEAP! Infact, FREE!!!
The haters spoke about Barca beating Arsenal blue-black at the Emirates and lost out (with Barca).
Now their focus is at Camp Nou!
Let's see if they will take steroids to match Arsenal's pace at the Nou Camp!
Barca ko, Ragga ni!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by OWOLAYEMO: 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2011
With sustained  failure, modest success could be misconstrued as miracle. Nonetheless, we should all join hands to celebrate the remarkable achievement of ARSENAL last night. At least, the Arsenal guys, to a large extent, have succeeded in exorcising the Barca ghost that have tormented them for so long.

Now that the team has achieved its most critical target for the year by beaten the Barca Team, one can not but  support the Gunners and its over optimistic supporters but with the caveat that this is not yet Uhuru!

As for the 2nd leg, the whole wide world is looking up to Arsenal and its under-performing boys to dedemystifyaBar cafterall, the Team is made up of men and with determined performance, they could be beaten.

As a friend rightly put it, the current BaBar caeam are bunch of Aliens sent by gods to torment other clubs on earth. That you agree with me or NOT, is your damn business!!!!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by OWOLAYEMO: 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2011
With sustained failure, modest success could be misconstrued as miracle. Nonetheless, we should all join hands to celebrate the remarkable achievement of ARSENAL last night. At least, the Arsenal guys, to a large extent, have succeeded in exorcising the Barca ghost that have tormented them for so long.

Now that the team has achieved its most critical target for the year by beaten the Barca Team, one can not but support the Gunners and its over optimistic supporters but with the caveat that this is not yet Uhuru!

As for the 2nd leg, the whole wide world is looking up to Arsenal and its under-performing boys to demystify Barca afteralll, the Team is made up of men and with determined performance, they could be beaten.

As a friend rightly put it, the current Barca team are bunch of Aliens sent by gods to torment other clubs on earth. That you agree with me or NOT, is your damn business!!!!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by cbjonstage(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
>>>>> the courage we had 2 confront barca's gave us the audacity 2 prove stuffs we're made up >>>>>>>>>> !-_-!

to all d beefer's, its already 2012  grin grin grin  cheesy cheesy
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by 234GT(m): 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2011
when graudiola removed villa and brought in keita, wenger removed song and brought in bendtner. at that point, i knew the game was going to change dramatically. graudiola made that substitution because he thought they had beaten arsenal. that is what overconfidence can do to a team.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by underscore: 2:16pm On Feb 17, 2011
If you choose to dwell in the dark ages, that"s your own cup of coffee.
Once you've done something before, you have the courage/confidence/determination to do it again; regardless of the location!
Whether you believe it or not, it is doable. It has been done once and it will be done twice!
Some people are not even Barca fans but are envious of the achievement(s) of the young gunners.
Na so una go dey till una intestines twist out of jealousy!
Shame to bad belle people!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by lekyar(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2011
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1384108.html

Would do well if the fans could keep their focus on the big picture. Congrats to Arsenal. Barca are sublimal. Best team in the world lose or win my money is on them
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by ddippset(m): 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2011
mother luck has smiled on arsenal. messi should have been 2-0. its absurd to see a home team celebrate a 2-1 victory. anyway this would only make the eventual outcome more glorious.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Ranoscky(m): 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2011
underscore:

All you fake football pundits and false prophets will be amazed at the result of the return leg.
Will Arsenal go there with crippled players to give Barca (who will be without their central defensive pair) a chance to qualify at their expense?
Are Barca going to use another set of players aside the ones that tasted defeat yesterday?
Will Arsenal Wenger fold his hands and believe he has qualified or cook up some other tactics before their next meeting?
TALK is CHEAP! Infact, FREE!!!
The haters spoke about Barca beating Arsenal blue-black at the Emirates and lost out (with Barca).
Now their focus is at Camp Nou!
Let's see if they will take steroids to match Arsenal's pace at the Nou Camp!
Barca ko, Ragga ni!
Lolz . . .Na real "ragga" ni. grin

Don't mind em haters, I don't know why they just like hating! Maybe when we conquer the return leg at Nou camp, they'll say it's b'cos, Gerrad Pique did not play the match, they should all go to hell.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by ddippset(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2011
Ranoscky:

Lolz . . .Na real "ragga" ni. grin

Don't mind em haters, I don't know why they just like hating! Maybe when we conquer the return leg at Nou camp, they'll say it's b'cos, Gerrad Pique did not play the match, they should all go to hell.
funny how u talk about barca hating on arsenal.arsenal won alright but talking about hating is like saying a limo is hating on a motorcycle or a lion is hating on a dog, or an eagle is hating on a chicken! enjoy your victory but barca might hate on arsenal someday but just not yet. damn!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by switch47(m): 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ddipset the difference between arsenal and barcelona is not dat of lion to dog or benz to bicycle .arsenal is to barcelona what BENZ IS TO BMW. They are both great teams!! And either of them can qualify!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

FA Cup: Manchester United Vs Wigan Athletic (4 - 0) On 29th January 2017 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 14th January 2018 / FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Peterborough (4 - 1) On 8th January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.