Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,429 members, 7,853,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval (1500 Views)

Wike Bars Usage Of Public Schools For Political Rallies Without Approval / Makinde To Officials: Don’t Appear On TV, Radio Without Approval / Saraki Has No Right To Circulate My Song Without Approval, Says K1 De Ultimate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by Ctorch: 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
Throwback: Peter Obis' action when 60 traditional rulers travelled without state government approval

In 2013, on 20th April, about 60 traditional rulers from Anambra state attended a wedding ceremony in Lagos on the invitation of Ifeanyi Ubah (Capital Oil).
The wedding was that of Ubah's younger sister, Vivian Uju at Assumpta Catholic Church Falomo, Ikoyi, Lagos.
After the weeding, Ifeanyi Ubah hosted the Igwes and took them to facility tours of his investments in Lagos. He equally gifted them with $3,000 each.
This happened when Ifeanyi Ubah was looking for an endorsement before governorship election. Election was near, scheming was on and Obi was the Governor in a different camp with Ubah.
When these traditional rulers came back from Lagos, Peter Obi organized a seminar for them in their Secretariat in government house, blamed them for traveling without approval, he didn't suspend them.
He was quoted as saying if himself as governor cannot travel outside the country without informing Mr. President.

Two months later, in June,2013, Peter Obi donated Innoson SUV's to all traditional rulers in Anambra State, including those who received 3000 dollars from Ifeanyi Ubah.
He may have been influenced by Ifeanyi Ubah's generosity to ndi igwe and had to manage the crisis. His media aids and advisers navigated him away from the trouble.
Today, Election scheming is on and we should be guided in advising Government as community leaders and opinion moulders.

The actions or inactions of the incumbent may affect us in many ways, therefore if given opportunity, make peace with the suspended traditional rulers with the Governor instead of criticism.
Very important, support your Igwe, pay tributes to them. Some of the igwe who went to Arthur Eze may not have been there because of politics.

Sam K. Oguagbaka

Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
Every qualities to be a leader this man has it..

He organized a seminar for them, explained their actions to them and even went to further to put himself in their shoes in a situation that if he needs to travel out he must get president approval...

No intimidation or suspension whatsoever in trying to bend them to his political will...rather he allowed them to reflect and make their decisions.

If we don't respect the traditional institutions, who will?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by Amotolongbo(f): 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
Everything na politics
Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by donbachi(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
He had second tenure to consider.
Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by gangstarmonk(m): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Wow!!! I never knew this. I'm impressed by hiss actions and level of maturity.
Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
donbachi:

Pure lie.

That was when he was leaving office.

That was during his second term already. So he has nothing to lose but had to play mature.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by HarunaWest(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
donbachi:
Nah your wrong, he was already 3 years into his second term.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by slivertongue: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
the igwes should be dethroned. period

1 Like

Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by honeyB2018: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
The situation in the two cases, varies.
It may look like Peter Obi, brought maturity into play here, when nothing was seriously at state.
But in the case of Gov. Obiano and the 12-13 traditional rulers, it's the case of my enemy, becoming the enemy of my friends, or my friends enemies, becoming my enemies.
There's a supposedly power contest between Obiano and the billionaire business man. Eze(hope I'm right). Going to Abuja, under the influence of the business man, qualifies them as one of Willie Obiano's enemies, and need to be treated like that.
Remember the laws of power.
Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by potent5(m): 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
There's no comparison between Peter Obi and Obiano.
Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
honeyB2018:
The situation in the two cases, varies.
It may look like Peter Obi, brought maturity into play here, when nothing was seriously at state.
But in the case of Gov. Obiano and the 12-13 traditional rulers, it's the case of my enemy, becoming the enemy of my friends, or my friends enemies, becoming my enemies.
There's a supposedly power contest between Obiano and the billionaire business man. Eze(hope I'm right). Going to Abuja, under the influence of the business man, qualifies them as one of Willie Obiano's enemies, and need to be treated like that.
Remember the laws of power.
And ifeanyi uba was obi friend ?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by BlowYourMind: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Coup plotting and wedding attending are quite different, the suspended igwes are antagonists
Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by honeyB2018: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

And ifeanyi uba was obi friend ?

You did not understand my point. Anyway, did Ifeanyi Ubah, undermine the power, position and authority of Obi as governor in Anambra State as Arthur Eze is doing now?
Re: Peter Obis' Action When 60 Traditional Rulers Travelled Without Approval by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
honeyB2018:

You did not understand my point. Anyway, did Ifeanyi Ubah, undermine the power, position and authority of Obi as governor in Anambra State as Arthur Eze is doing now?
Oga he did

(1) (Reply)

BBNaija: “DJ Switch Kept My Family Dancing For 2 Hours Nonstop” – Gov. Wike / BREAKING: Tompolo Is Back / Please Read! The Dream I Had Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.