Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Surviving Cultism - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Surviving Cultism (2152 Views)

I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect / Youths Take Oath In A Shrine After Denouncing Cultism In Lagos (Photos) / Why I Joined Cultism; Former Eiye Confraternity Leader In Lagos Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surviving Cultism by Belial06: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
There is this notion I see here on this forum that most people believe all confra guys or as they are called cult members are killers , or have killed people, are armed robbers , are rapists and criminals generally?

Pls it is not so.. alot of us who joined back then in school joined out of fear of being oppressed by another cult group or some joined by mistake (yes it happened!)

Anyways my point is I just want to start a thread here for guys like me who ended up in confra not by choice like the deviants who everybody knows but by being at the wrong place at the wrong time..

Anyways if you are in school and fall into this category here are some tips for surviving

Now the disadvantages of being a confra member are just too many and has been written and publicized on every medium thinkable ..

But what if I told you for nerds like me back then there was some advantages.

I was being beaten up daily by eiye guys and was so afraid to even drive to my faculty to attend lectures at some point .. to cut a long story short the guys who helped me scare these guys off bammed me .. so that's how I became one

I nearly died in the initiation and had to be hospitalized afterwards... But hey I knew in my heart afterwards that I had no intention of ever making this a life style so I found a formula that worked for me

Okay you just survived initiation and you are thinking you have just made the worst mistake of your life right ?
Yes you did but don't worry all is not yet lost. The trick is to remember that you can out smart them.

1. Never ever attend meetings...I always avoided them and found a reason ..usually i explain that lectures and such kept me away or some family issue that took me off campus , so I just never ever attended meetings.. infact it was so bad that at regime changes those who knew me had either graduated it left or if they had extra years where too busy to even come around so at one point I was a ghost.. grin

2. Don't make every member your friend! Find those whom you share similar back ground with and who also plan to graduate..

3. Never make friends with members who aren't students . You will know them , even if they are in your school you will knows these ones aren't really students by their manners and behaviour..

4. Never ever let them know where you house is , your address or that of your relatives ...NEVER! use fake addresses for everything. If possible tell them you live in a state at the other side of the country from where you campus is located. For example if your campus is in calabar tell them your home is in Gombe..

5. Have a second number they never know and this should be your most active number .. give them a number you can switch off anytime. If they ask for passport photograph keep stalling .. they are only interested in your dues never give the passport photograph..

6. Stop sleeping regularly in the room where they know you stay.. if possible move off campus. They will pressure you to know your address give them any wrong one. And when they ask why your number this always off when you aren't on campus give them excuses .

7. Never rep your confra colors .. I mean never ever .. if you meet them on campus in your faculty you can sit with them then pretend to have a lecture and bounce.

8. If you are somehow forced to attend an event while there never let them know when you are leaving , give them a scope like maybe you want to buy cigarettes then bounce.. but I strongly suggest you never attend any confra events , none whatsoever

9 never let them know your friends or family members if you have any in the same school...

10. Remember when I said you can only relate with few who have similar back grounds like yours and who also want to graduate? These are the guys you keep tabs with to know what's going on, but even at that never let them know your house instead go to their house for visits if you must .

11. If possible Never ever sit in a group with them in your faculty , I never ever did not once so even when there was a war no one knew I was one .. grin

12. Never ever take part in any gang up on anyone , or when they are obtaining anyone or war or fight or oppressing anyone or even planing any mending of anyone or rape or looting or any crime at all !! Keep your hands clean !! Never give advise or even help support with a smile !! If you are there where they are gathering to beat up someone go and do as if you are looking for a stick to use and join the beating and leave there immediately.

If you are where you see your fellow members being beaten up , bend down and sneak away.. you can come back later and pretend you just got there ..

If you see your members moving in a group some where if they see you greet them and if they ask you to accompany them tell them one fantastic story (get creative ) for me it was smy HOD just summoned me about my result that I will come and meet them now now .. my guy discharge and switch off your phone ..

See if you are determined not to be part of or support any evil you can scale through your University days unstained

I remember some Jus I was told by force to give OT. (That's to prepare then for initiation) .. I took them out of campus and threatened them... These where jambites who wanted to join our group .. I warned them that if I ever saw them join any group I would kill them , I told them to go and read their books ..

Never be part of initiating anyone or bring anyone to be initiated. If you follow my tips no one will even know you are one and come to you for initiation.

Let me tell you one thing .. yes you may be labelled a runaway soldier and all that .. but who cares

Do you really want to have evil on your conscience??

Cultism is the worst mistake you can make. It's best to be safe and avoid joining. Not everyone might be lucky like me or disciplined enough to keep off the rubbish they do.

I hope this post helps someone

Mynd44

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Surviving Cultism by anthonyuncle(m): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
nice.
something thoughtful to end da day
Re: Surviving Cultism by yean1(m): 1:19am On Aug 15, 2020
Hmmmm. Nigeria youths
Re: Surviving Cultism by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 15, 2020
Thanks for sharing. Hope you won't be uncovered and reunited when you become a public figure in the future..?

1 Like

Re: Surviving Cultism by obyrich(m): 6:52am On Aug 15, 2020
Belial06:
There is this notion I see here on this forum that most people believe all confra guys or as they are called cult members are killers , or have killed people, are armed robbers , are rapists and criminals generally?

Pls it is not so.. alot of us who joined back then in school joined out of fear of being oppressed by another cult group or some joined by mistake (yes it happened!)

Anyways my point is I just want to start a thread here for guys like me who ended up in confra not by choice like the deviants who everybody knows but by being at the wrong place at the wrong time..

Anyways if you are in school and fall into this category here are some tips for surviving

Now the disadvantages of being a confra member are just too many and has been written and publicized on every medium thinkable ..

But what if I told you for nerds like me back then there was some advantages.

I was being beaten up daily by eiye guys and was so afraid to even drive to my faculty to attend lectures at some point .. to cut a long story short the guys who helped me scare these guys off bammed me .. so that's how I became one

I nearly died in the initiation and had to be hospitalized afterwards... But hey I knew in my heart afterwards that I had no intention of ever making this a life style so I found a formula that worked for me

Okay you just survived initiation and you are thinking you have just made the worst mistake of your life right ?
Yes you did but don't worry all is not yet lost. The trick is to remember that you can out smart them.

1. Never ever attend meetings...I always avoided them and found a reason ..usually i explain that lectures and such kept me away or some family issue that took me off campus , so I just never ever attended meetings.. infact it was so bad that at regime changes those who knew me had either graduated it left or if they had extra years where too busy to even come around so at one point I was a ghost.. grin

2. Don't make every member your friend! Find those whom you share similar back ground with and who also plan to graduate..

3. Never make friends with members who aren't students . You will know them , even if they are in your school you will knows these ones aren't really students by their manners and behaviour..

4. Never ever let them know where you house is , your address or that of your relatives ...NEVER! use fake addresses for everything. If possible tell them you live in a state at the other side of the country from where you campus is located. For example if your campus is in calabar tell them your home is in Gombe..

5. Have a second number they never know and this should be your most active number .. give them a number you can switch off anytime. If they ask for passport photograph keep stalling .. they are only interested in your dues never give the passport photograph..

6. Stop sleeping regularly in the room where they know you stay.. if possible move off campus. They will pressure you to know your address give them any wrong one. And when they ask why your number this always off when you aren't on campus give them excuses .

7. Never rep your confra colors .. I mean never ever .. if you meet them on campus in your faculty you can sit with them then pretend to have a lecture and bounce.

8. If you are somehow forced to attend an event while there never let them know when you are leaving , give them a scope like maybe you want to buy cigarettes then bounce.. but I strongly suggest you never attend any confra events , none whatsoever

9 never let them know your friends or family members if you have any in the same school...

10. Remember when I said you can only relate with few who have similar back grounds like yours and who also want to graduate? These are the guys you keep tabs with to know what's going on, but even at that never let them know your house instead go to their house for visits if you must .

11. If possible Never ever sit in a group with them in your faculty , I never ever did not once so even when there was a war no one knew I was one .. grin

12. Never ever take part in any gang up on anyone , or when they are obtaining anyone or war or fight or oppressing anyone or even planing any mending of anyone or rape or looting or any crime at all !! Keep your hands clean !! Never give advise or even help support with a smile !! If you are there where they are gathering to beat up someone go and do as if you are looking for a stick to use and join the beating and leave there immediately.

If you are where you see your fellow members being beaten up , bend down and sneak away.. you can come back later and pretend you just got there ..

If you see your members moving in a group some where if they see you greet them and if they ask you to accompany them tell them one fantastic story (get creative ) for me it was smy HOD just summoned me about my result that I will come and meet them now now .. my guy discharge and switch off your phone ..

See if you are determined not to be part of or support any evil you can scale through your University days unstained

I remember some Jus I was told by force to give OT. (That's to prepare then for initiation) .. I took them out of campus and threatened them... These where jambites who wanted to join our group .. I warned them that if I ever saw them join any group I would kill them , I told them to go and read their books ..

Never be part of initiating anyone or bring anyone to be initiated. If you follow my tips no one will even know you are one and come to you for initiation.

Let me tell you one thing .. yes you may be labelled a runaway soldier and all that .. but who cares

Do you really want to have evil on your conscience??

Cultism is the worst mistake you can make. It's best to be safe and avoid joining. Not everyone might be lucky like me or disciplined enough to keep off the rubbish they do.

I hope this post helps someone

Mynd44
Why join in the first place if you have to do all these to mask your identity?

6 Likes

Re: Surviving Cultism by Passionate888: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2020
Your group scared away the eiye guys that were constantly 'beating' you? Don't you think those guys know that you've joined a rival frat?

6 Likes

Re: Surviving Cultism by EagleNest(m): 8:24am On Aug 15, 2020
Very smart ideas, only useful to those who get sense. Unfortunately many of them lack sense.
Re: Surviving Cultism by 007sledge: 8:38am On Aug 15, 2020
Me wondering how these will work

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Cultism by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:50am On Aug 15, 2020
From what you typed, you never had a business joining cult. If you were intimidated and felt joining cult is the best option then you made a big mistake.

There are many others who never joined and graduated very fine. I am one of them. Did you care to ask them or learn from them?

1 Like

Re: Surviving Cultism by StrikeBack(m): 9:29am On Aug 15, 2020
Say no to cultism.

In my own little world Cultist don’t exist. I can’t have any association with any cultist

I live my life like they are no cultist
Re: Surviving Cultism by oluwaseyi0: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
I just laugh at all what you wrote there grin grin grin grin grin

You must really think all cult has foolish members like your cult

THE ONLY OPTION IS NOT TO JOIN Nothing more is sensible

You can't avoid your fellow cult for four years, they may even think you've joined rival cult or worse still you are just a mole in their group

I'm sure the rival group that is disturbing you have never made you to be admitted in hospital but the one that's claiming to protect landed you in medical facilities for days in the name initiation

Cult is worse than Ebola, Corona and HIV all combined, no one should join for no reason whatsoever

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Cultism by Exmilitant(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
OP, your message no clear. You bammed up to escape beatings from the Eiye group and you begin to avoid your saviours?
Re: Surviving Cultism by austine4real(m): 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
It will end in premium tears if u go join cult
Re: Surviving Cultism by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dodos!

1 Like

Re: Surviving Cultism by Chienex24(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
Thrash!! Thrash!! Thrash!!! : : angry angry angry

Better not to think of joining at all!!

Place your life in God's hands and be prayerful!!

Because I rather die than join any rubbish yeye cult group

Re: Surviving Cultism by Emyzoloye5(m): 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
lolz...all these tips are almost impossible
talking out of experience...best thing na to change school

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Cultism by 4reala(m): 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
This is a good write up. and insightful
Re: Surviving Cultism by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Op you feel say e easy as you take talk am lol
Confra no be bobo juice oh
Re: Surviving Cultism by Olabode971(f): 12:56am On Aug 16, 2020
No join cultism na hin be d koko omo olodun..

After all, You Only Live Once; #Yolo
Re: Surviving Cultism by Lothbrok(m): 1:21am On Aug 16, 2020
You think say na normal eyes your rival go take find you.

Just wait make their jazz indicate that you are a rival. .Then you go understand the evil side of cultism.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Cultism by Belial06: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2020
Emyzoloye5:

Bros it is very possible

Talking from experience
Re: Surviving Cultism by obonujoker(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2020
Better not the join...

I remember when one of the cultist clowns was advising I and a friend to join, and then we'd begin to fly.... grin... Our responses were, "but guy, you never begin fly yourself na, how you wan take carry us fly"....?? Lol...

Mind your business in school, even if they obtain you, let it go.... Cultism isn't worth it... You have prolly 4 or 5 years in school and all those will pass away... I was obtained, I and a friend on your way to fellowship, it pained me o, but should I join cult... Lol... God forbid...

Look today, how time flies... Now what the Lord has blessed me with can't even remember the obtaining or that, even the cultists clown in my department then, till now still respect me..
Re: Surviving Cultism by kingthreat(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
If you mistakenly or forcefully became a cultist, the only solution is to change location.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Cultism by supercase1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
Emyzoloye5:

Nearly all are impossible grin talking about passport what of if them con force take your picture wetin you go do grin
Re: Surviving Cultism by supercase1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
Belial06:

Bros it is very possible

Talking from experience
How can u be in a cult and they don't have your picture and passport
How can u be in a cult and avoid their meetings for four whole years even the rivals tormenting u will stop tormenting u wen they know that u joined another confra.infact been active or inactive u will be gunned down and use to count scores wen kasala burst
Re: Surviving Cultism by NENGIsmells: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
bro some of this things will only lead to you getting beaten or even getting killed buy the your cultist friends or members. u see a cultist getting beaten and u run? bro wtf lol. the best advice should be that if you join a cult, change location.
btw, if a partcular cult group is intimidating u, dont think the best solution is to join a rval cult. a better solution is to look for someone that you think has sense and is an elder in the same cult to go beg and warn then and posibly pay them to stop it.
in reality, if u join a rival cult, when there is way, those same guys that where intimidating you will use u to count scores na. just me thinking out loud

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Cultism by Emyzoloye5(m): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
supercase1:

Nearly all are impossible grin talking about passport what of if them con force take your picture wetin you go do grin

Aswear!!!
Re: Surviving Cultism by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 19, 2021
OP its not possible at all, you mean you avoided them for 4 years its not possible at all except you're a strong Christian and God made those guys to forget about you. So I don't believe you.
Re: Surviving Cultism by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 19, 2021
OP,It's impossible to still remain in same environment and be forming matrix...You won't win ohh...Most times it's your own Badt Blood frat Brothers that Gives more Cause for Concern than Any Rival...To Discontinue,It's always best you relocate or Change Institution...It's the Simplest and Best way Forward,after all during my time in University na every year we dey buy Jamb form Dey Write,Fill School like Unimaid....Just in case at any point water rise pass garri.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Troops Foiled A Deadly Attack On Kartako Village In Yobe State (graphics Photos) / Beware Of This Scammer On Jiji, Do Not Become His Next Victim. / Lady Causes Stir At Bank After N1.2m Left Her Acct In 2weeks (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.