Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

I Thought You Should Watch This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Thought You Should Watch This (1097 Views)

Deziani Again? We Thought You Were Sick? / Thought You Said Buhari Is A General With Liver / I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought You Should Watch This by sbucareer(f): 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2007

I watch this video and this
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by sbucareer(f): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2007

Could you people please watch this video. By a top journalist, Michael Moore - Fahrenheit 9/11. You can buy the book
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by jesusfreak(f): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2007
i guess corruption is not just a nigerian thing, loved d way Gere handled the whole thing though, very diplomatic and mature.

everyone knows Bush rigged his way into power so we're not at all surprised its just a lesson Nigerians can learn from.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Afam(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2007
Saw the documentary over 2 or 3 years ago. It is a good one for an openminded person certainly not for someone with a stiff mindset though.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Iman3(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2007
Afam:

Saw the documentary over 2 or 3 years ago. It is a good one for an openminded person certainly not for someone with a stiff mindset though.

An open minded person?You are the very anithesis of open mindededness.You said yourself that you are a leftist.The documentary maker,Micheal Moore is an avowed leftist,and surprise,surprise,you agree with his views.
jesusfreak:

everyone knows Bush rigged his way into power so we're not at all surprised its just a lesson Nigerians can learn from.

Everyone?Not even the Democratic party,not even Gore,has ever claimed the elections were rigged.You,all the way from Lagos,claim to know better.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Iman3(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2007
Talking about things to watch.You should watch this:WHAT-REALLY-HAPPENED
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Afam(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2007
I-man:

An open minded person?You are the very anithesis of open mindededness.You said yourself that you are a leftist.The documentary maker,Micheal Moore is an avowed leftist,and surprise,surprise,you agree with his views.

The shameless liar at it again. Reproduce anywhere in the world where I said (or better put, wrote) that I am a leftist. Failure to do so further shows that your lying skills are eternally irredeemable. I hate liars with passion and honestly believe they ought not to be among the living as they cause more problems in the world today.

Meanwhile do not divert attention from the documentary, it has nothing to do with Moore's views, the footages were real clips by the participants, not actors or actresses and that makes the documentary real.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Iman3(m): 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2007
Afam:

The shameless liar at it again. Reproduce anywhere in the world where I said (or better put, wrote) that I am a leftist.

My bad.It seems it was Tornadoz that made the comment.Wouldn't want to go through 1527 posts of inanity.However,your leftist credentials are glaringly obvious to anyone who has debated you on this forum.

Meanwhile do not divert attention from the documentary, it has nothing to do with Moore's views, the footages were real clips by the participants, not actors or actresses and that makes the documentary real

The documentary is tendentious and farcical.No wonder Democrats don't repeat the accusations made in it.No where would you see Al Gore or any of the senior Democrats claiming that the 2000 elections were rigged.Why cry more than the bereaved?

Did you say it has nothing to do with Moore's views?What a load of tripe? Moore is an avowed leftist who campaigns and spends his money for the Democratic party.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Afam(m): 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2007
I-man:

My bad.It seems it was Tornadoz that made the comment.Wouldn't want to go through 1527 posts of inanity.However,your leftist credentials are glaringly obvious to anyone who has debated you on this forum.

Why won't you be confused when you rarely think before you post?

If things are glaringly obvious why lie about them??

I-man:

The documentary is tendentious and farcical.No wonder Democrats,don't repeat the accusations made in it.No where would you see Al Gore or any of the senior Democrats claiming that the 2000 elections were rigged.Why cry more than the bereaved?

Did you say it has nothing to do with Moore's views?What a load of tripe? Moore is an avowed leftist who campaigns and spends his money for the Democratic party.

Interesting nonsense from a clueless person hiding under multiple IDs on a public forum.

Al Gore contested the election result up to the supreme court and here you have a Nigerian talking nonsense about Al Gore not claiming the 2000 elections were rigged.

Maybe Al Gore went to the courts (up to the highest court in the land) to ask for ice cream and pizza, clueless imposter, abeg make I hia word.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Iman3(m): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2007
Afam:

Al Gore contested the election result up to the supreme court and here you have a Nigerian talking nonsense about Al Gore not claiming the 2000 elections were rigged.

Maybe Al Gore went to the courts (up to the highest court in the land) to ask for ice cream and pizza, clueless imposter, abeg make I hia word.
You have a remarkable ability to immolate reason.Bush appealed to the Supreme Court,not Gore.Gore appealed to the Florida Court of Appeal after loosing all 5 court cases at the District Court level.Only the Florida Court of Appeal gave a decision in favour of Gore.

To rig is "to manipulate dishonestly for personal gain".No where has Gore ever alleged that there was a dishonest attempt to manipulate the vote against him.The basis of his legal case was a demand for a hand recount on account of technical errors.Neither him nor any of the Senior Democrats allege the elections were manipulated.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Afam(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2007
I guess this forum will give you more than enough time to expose your level of reasoning.

1. So, you are now defining rigging for us abi? Well done. Maybe Bush manipulated honestly for public gains.

2. With a wonderful judicial system in the US it is interesting to see that the winner of a free and fair election will be heading to the Supreme court to determine the legality or otherwise of an election that was being contested.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Iman3(m): 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2007
Afam:

1. So, you are now defining rigging for us abi? Well done. Maybe Bush manipulated honestly for public gains.

If you had a modicum of intelligence,you will know that there is something odd about you claiming that Bush "manipulated" the elections while his opponent,Gore,has never claimed that Bush manipulated the elections.Gore has never said Bush manipulated the elections,talkless of honestly/dishonestly for public/personal gains.Maybe you have been hearing Gore's voice in your head telling you different

2. With a wonderful judicial system in the US it is interesting to see that the winner of a free and fair election will be heading to the Supreme court to determine the legality or otherwise of an election that was being contested.

What are you babbling about?His opponent lost 5 straight cases at the District court level and appealed succesfully to the Florida Appellate Court.Bush appealed that decsion to the Supreme Court.If Gore having lost 5 cases at felt the need to appeal,is Bush supposed to sit on his hands?
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by sbucareer(f): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2007

Afam and I-man, both of you are powerful advocate of political mind in this forum. I enjoy both your disagreements and believes.

Sorry, when you say leftist do you mean far-left and rightist far-right? Like the Democrats (far-left) and Republican (Far-right)?

I am enjoying both your debates. Please carry on. Both debate are intellectually inclined.

Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by jesusfreak(f): 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2007
I-man:

Everyone?Not even the Democratic party,not even Gore,has ever claimed the elections were rigged.You,all the way from Lagos,claim to know better.

as much as i think the what really happend video was informative and well packaged, i still dont see much connection to d elections. but i'll be u know it all and im gon shut up cos im from lagos and i cant know like u know mr londoner! angry
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by laudate: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2007
Afam:

I guess this forum will give you more than enough time to expose your level of reasoning.

Hehehehe. . . . . grin grin Ouch!!
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Iman3(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2007
Sorry, when you say leftist do you mean far-left and rightist far-right? Like the Democrats (far-left) and Republican (Far-right)?

The far left are the more hardline members of the left and vice-versa for the far-right.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by Afam(m): 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2007
sbucareer:

Afam and I-man, both of you are powerful advocate of political mind in this forum. I enjoy both your disagreements and believes.

I do not subscribe to any political leaning whatsoever regardless of the person, people or country in question.

I believe in honesty, fairplay, peace and justice and will always make comments when powerful people oppress, maim and kill innocent people simply because they believe that might is right.

The killing of any innocent person is wrong regardless of the person, group or nation.

Blind support for a nation, religion or race is wrong and those that are heavily involved in this should wake up and stop hiding under the mask to promote hatred towards a people.
Re: I Thought You Should Watch This by ajadrage: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2007
Na wa oh

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Avoided Me During Third Term Bid – Adeboye / Adenmosun Adesola Wanted / Nigeria Is Really Going Round In A Shit Cycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.