Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,579 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:55 PM

Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister (29735 Views)

Dangote Refinery won't be functional by the end of the year. How true / Keyamo: APC Is United And Tinubu's Manifesto Is 90 Percent Ready / Nigeria To Sell Ajaokuta Steel Company After Spending $80bn On A Moribund Steel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by sulaak(m): 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[s][/s]
For the fact that you are a Nigerian, be optimistic and speak well of your country. If not for you, for your posterities. Why all these negativities about Nigeria by some despicable Nigerians?
Even if one leaves Nigeria for another country, will one be able to leave with all one's families! It's high time we shun all these negativities about Nigeria, FOR THE SAKE OF POSTERITY

In other countries, they are protesting on the street and removing incompetence and hopeless government like Buhari.

Instead of stand up to useless leaders you are wasting your time backing them on social media.

This government has been in power for six years, Ajaokuta should be operational and not on a project plan. Before you start with your PDP and APC bollock, Buhari was not elected to continue PDP incompetence, he was elected to end PDP and start a new change process, but unfortunately for Nigerians he is as bad as the previous government.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by lifenija: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
lol fools old fools
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Bob57: 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
jamalnation:
i was at ajaokuta last week i can tell you there is nothing happening there

this govt & lies ehn
It’s very disturbing that our people can’t read again, the minister only said they have reached an agreement with Russia Government to come and finish our steel company with their own money not Nigeria money. They will be allowed to run the company for some years to recoup their investment. People can’t read again before commenting
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by SweetJoystick(m): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
marvelphysics:

There is redemption for nigeria and we must find it and enforce it.
Cos if any country fully takes over this country or continent, we and our children, grandchldrn and future generations wil be treated as slaves worldwide
You are obviously dreaming
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Charly68: 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
My people ,have we not been hearing this same old stories for so many years now....please let nobody deceive us again..when you commission the project we shall salute you.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Yankee101: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
Why do these people like lying?

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
IMO01:

Same thing with fuel. We would remove subsidy we would remove subsidy, they are stillu subsidizing fuel
My brother, this government na confam one chance oooo

When they are not doing their work, they want us to be optimistic but when it's time to campaign they know how and who to meet at inception undecided
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by alfajohn: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
It will never work. Just an avenue to siphon money. The technology is 50 years old. Assuming without conceding that it does work the cost of production will make it irrelevant. Throwing good money after bad or sunk money.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Aflix(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
RichBoy247:

Okay. So you cannot see completed Abuja Airport runway. Remodelled Port Harcourt Airport. Remodelled Enugu Airport. Completed Kaduna-Abuja railway. Completed Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri railway. Completed Zik Mos, ongoing 2nd Niger Bridge, almost completed Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan railway.
Na so so railway Buhari De build
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Aflix(m): 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ken91:
but they are borrowing 33billions dollar to finance only one rail line they can not borrow 2billions to complete this key project then it is well. borrow borrow govt na thunder go scattered there yanh
I just tire ooooo.... and this project can even get us more than that 33billion they want to borrow in the next 5 to 10 years.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Houstency(m): 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by forayfleo(m): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
So the remaining 10% will take more 3yrs again it will not be well with the man who brought this pain to my Country.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Houstency(m): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gilgil:
The real question is, “What part of the plant is that figure referring to?”

I worked in AJaokuta steel and I can tell you that the phase 1 of the plant was 98% completed as early as 1990s.

Nigerians should learn to ask for details before jumping into excitement from government speeches.

First, the primary units are what we need to start i.e

1. the Blast Furnace ( the big fat hot pot that turns Itakpe’s processed iron ore + Enugu’s processed coal & Mfamozing’s processed lime) to pig iron.

2. The steel making shop that turns the molten pig iron to steel + the Continuous casting Machine that casts the molten steel to blooms and billets sizes.

3. All the supporting plants inside Ajaokuta that make 1 & 2 above work ( sintering plant, coke oven plant, lime plant, air separation plant, water plant, waste heat recovery plant, rubberizing plant, foundry, etc just to name a few ) need to start up.

1 & 2 above are not ready ( at around 95% completed but the key technology was withheld by the Russians at exit) and are needed to drive the mining of coal, limestone and iron ore in the country.

The secondary units of the 4 rolling mills namely

1. Billet mill,
2. Medium Section Structural Mills
3. Light Section Mills
4. Wire Rod Mills
...have only 3 & 4 working economically by importing billets but have now stopped . 1 & 2 have been tested only but never economically worked. All rolling mills are idle.

All of the above is just phase 1 of the project which was planned for 1.2 million tons of liquid steel per annum for structural rods and profiles only.

Phase 2 (~3.6M tons of liquid steel) for pipe and Phase 3 (~5.4M tons of liquid steel) for flat sheet. Around these figures.

That’s a total of 10.2M tons of liquid steel per annum planned for phase 1 to 3 and not 1 gram has been produced.

So the minister should tell us which one is 90% completed.

Spot on.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by ThatFairGuy: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
tot:

"Posterities" indeed. Don't face the reality and demand for accountability from your leaders, be blowing grammar while your future is being sold right under your nose.
By using foul languages against Nigeria is an act of demanding ACCOUNTABILITY right?
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by tot(f): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

By using foul languages against Nigeria is an act of demanding ACCOUNTABILITY right?

Heya, so it's okay for you to use foul language on other threads but it's an issue when others do. If you want others to do something, then start by being an example yourself. No double standard.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by kayusely70(m): 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
chloride6:

You require a license to import steel. This license is issued by the Federal Executive Council. Only one person currently holds that license. If Ajaokuta works, that person is out of business, so what do you think that person would do?

grin
Thats Monopoly! That Person Could Be Sabotaging The Project. Can U Disclose The Name?
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by NGpatriot: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Sadly, it's hatred and destruction of Nigeria talking, they care less about Nigeria, the same people sat quietly and forgot to demand accountability fro the responsible for the problem in the first place, they voted for them, they are still supporting the same people and 'lll still vote for the same useless people over and over again so you really can not take these anti Nigerian characters too seriously.

Even sef, look at their horrible states and the useless governors, do you see them demanding accountability from their own governors? No, but the'll demand accountability from many state governors far far away from their own state.

They are all a bunch of hateful, bitter and anti Nigerian hypocrites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by ThatFairGuy: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
tot:

Heya, so it's okay for you to use foul language on other threads but it's an issue when others do. If you want others to do something, then start by being an example yourself. No double standard.
Me, foul languages? Even with jokes, I don't use foul languages. You're making mistake
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by 7lives: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
Enskynelson:
For those that don't know Ajaokuta Steel Company, the company was at 98 per cent completion as far back as 1994 and needed 2Billion USD to complete the remaining 2 per cent. But guess what! They prefer to go look for oil in the Northern desert than diversify the economy by having a Steel Company. And later they will say it is one Nigeria. One Nigeria exists only on the map o.
Today, FG is saying AjaSteel is 90 per cent complete so we should clap for them. Do not be deceived.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/253680-analysis-ajaokuta-nigerias-largest-industrial-project-failed.html

So what happened between 1994 and 2015, abi no be your beloved PDP dey in charge of the country between 1999 and 2015?.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by ThatFairGuy: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

Sadly, it's hatred and destruction of Nigeria talking, they care less about Nigeria, the same people sat quietly and forgot to demand accountability fro the responsible for the problem in the first place, they voted for them, they are still supporting the same people and 'lll still vote for the same useless people over and over again so you really can not take these anti Nigerian characters too seriously.

Even sef, look at their horrible states and the useless governors, do you see them demanding accountability from their own governors? No, but the'll demand accountability from many state governors far far away from their own state.

They are all a bunch of hateful, bitter and anti Nigerian hypocrites.
I can't just comprehend. Once it's on their side, they always turn deaf ear. Hypocrites
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by 7lives: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
RichBoy247:

Okay. So you cannot see completed Abuja Airport runway. Remodelled Port Harcourt Airport. Remodelled Enugu Airport. Completed Kaduna-Abuja railway. Completed Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri railway. Completed Zik Mos, ongoing 2nd Niger Bridge, almost completed Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan railway.

No they can't see these things, their eyes have been programmed never to see good things.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by chloride6: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
kayusely70:
Thats Monopoly! That Person Could Be Sabotaging The Project. Can U Disclose The Name?

No sir. Do research
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by 7lives: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
RichBoy247:

98% completed but Goatluck Jonaddaft, Olusegun Obasanjo, Musa Yar'Adua, Sani Abacha , Ernest Shonekan and IBB all put together could not do the remaining 2%/

You need psychiatric evaluation

They don't need psychiatric evaluation, they need to be permanently confined to Aro.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by ThatFairGuy: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
sulaak:

In other countries, they are protesting on the street and removing incompetence and hopeless government like Buhari.

Instead of stand up to useless leaders you are wasting your time backing them on social media.

This government has been in power for six years, Ajaokuta should be operational and not on a project plan. Before you start with your PDP and APC bollock, Buhari was not elected to continue PDP incompetence, he was elected to end PDP and start a new change process, but unfortunately for Nigerians he is as bad as the previous government.
That's why you shouldn't be Hypocritical. You'll see difference if you could juxtapose era where oil was over a $100 per barrel to this era with the achievements of the duo
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by 7lives: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Enskynelson:

You don't need to insult people to make your point. Yes, it was at 98 per cent in 1994! Read. But the confusion is that, government is saying is now 90 per cent complete.
Remember, the 2 per cent left to be completed before required 2Billion USD. Convert to Naira and u will realise it is a huge sum. So, what were u trying to say up there? The insult no allow u make point.

You better cover your face in shame, so PDP could not raise $2 billion in 16 years.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by 7lives: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
contigiency:
I just weep how PDP wasted our 16 years. Imagine what buhari is achieving in less than 6years. If PDP had started some of these huge projects the present administration is doing? By now, the country would have been far better.

Everyday I thank God that i never cast a single vote for PDP.
Upon all the so called economic depression, recession and what have you, blessings continue to follow me.
Hardship can never be my portion in this country, I no join anyone to rape this country so hardship can never be my portion.
Eni ti o je gbi, ko ni ku gbi.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by Cti28(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
Villagemeat:
Jonathan is not cause of your failure in life. He is greater than anyone in your family. Calling him goatluck will not help u. Rather you will continue to be an idiot for life

And he may likely pass it unto his unborn generation
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by NGpatriot: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Houstency:

Let's say your submission above was true, simple question that you should provide answer for yourself. If the delay in the construction of the rail-lines which has been constructed then of what essence is the uncertainty surrounding the functioning of the complex in 2 years time? Also, so you don't just mumble things to yourself and hold it as true, check the submission of @Gilgil above you and so the current Government led by Buhari was part of the leaders that couldn't complete the complex as his first tenure coincided with the construction phase of the complex. All leaders both APC and PDP are all culpable, as far the masses are concerned no excuses whatsoever not to make there function up until now. One of the Asian country that built a steel complex about same time as Nigeria employed about #65, 000 people and generate upwards of $50billion for the country! Wake up and stop supporting politicians blindly, PMB has spent close to 6years and yet we are been told the Steel company may' function in 2years time when his tenure is elapsing, and simply because you are a praise singer of his, people shouldn't ask salient questions about the useless people parading themselves as our leaders, both major parties!

1. PMB in less than 4 years completed the rail line that was supposed to be supplying the plant with raw material from Delta, before PMB, it was abandoned for 30 years.

That's progress and regardless of your ill informed APC/PDP rant, I credit PMB for doing what many admin before him failed to do, it showed his commitment and determination fo make Ajaokuta functional.

2. PMB traveled all the way to Russia for a government to government and a president to president consultations and won a commitment from the Russian government and president to complete the project.

3. That's progress and regardless of your ill informed APC/PDP rant, I credit PMB for doing what many admin before him failed to do, it showed his commitment and determination fo make Ajaokuta functional.

4. Now, I'd agree with you if you are able to show me what previous administrations before PMB did 16 years and decades before PMB to actualize this project and make it functional.

I know you can't, all you have to sell is negativity, misguided and ill-informed rants and hateful sentiments.

Sure, any government can set goals, but circumstances do affect our best goals, but what you can not sit here and tell me is that PMB did not commit himself or did not perform better than past admin to finish this project, no you can not.
Re: Ajaokuta Is 90 Percent Complete, May Be Functional Early 2023 – Minister by NGpatriot: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

I can't just comprehend. Once it's on their side, they always turn deaf ear. Hypocrites

It's even very disheartening that the same fake crocodile tears hypocrites still love and will vote for the same useless looting and stealing clowns responsible for the mess in the first place.

These are evil people, they have no love for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cracks In NBA As Splinter Group Form NNBA / 2023: Obi, Osinbajo Top List Of Nigeria’s Presidential Hopefuls – Polls / Aisha Buhari & President Buhari Smile In New Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.