Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408362 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2011
Hope for the hopeless,

Jer 29:11
These words of comfort were originally spoken to the Israelites living in exile in Babylon. God assured them that despite their present difficulties, He had plans for them--plans for them to prosper and be restored. We don't share that historical context, but God's promise remains: He knows of our struggles and is working to help us prosper, even when we can't see it.

Job 4:6
Should not your piety be your confidence and your blameless ways your hope?

Job 5:16
So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth.

Enjoy your weekend!!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2011
Colin Adua:
Well, thanks all yo. Am not interested in 419, ritual murder and drugs am a christian. i f Iam interested in all those i would have been a billionaire now or death. i come from the part of Anambra state, were almost every young man in the town is out abroad doing drugs, stealing or duping white men and they are bastardly rich, if i have been interested in their business I would have joined them long ago.But i dont like the way they normally end. My parents wanted to set example that education pays since they were teachers, but i think the way things are this rubbish country has been messing things up, work all hard and still gets nowhere.Stories here and there am getting tired.After investing my folks money to get some trainings in the telecom sector our hopeless government officials and some chinese messed the whole thing up.I dont know how this works again. But the last thing on mind is going abroad to push cocaine or rub I dont want to be brought back mad.I developed passion for a house while I was passing through a very dare accomodation problems,. I still love to build and have my own house and go in and lock my doors because missing with people always brings me pains. People are always selfish, Enough of my woes, i went around Abuja yesterday snapping houses i love let me share the pixs with you all;Chei it is not on my system now, I have remoed them to my external hard drive, maybe i will share it with you people latter.
Bros while you're praying like some have advised, you also need to ponder/chew on some of the highlighted above before  you wond oh!. You really sound depressed and if it was here in the US they'll recommend you to somewhere to have your head also checked. I am not trying to be rude in anyway but sometimes stress and wahala make people act strange and crazy in some cases actually go crazy. Just curious because am from Anambra too, which village is this that almost all the young men are abroad stealing, doing drugs, and duping white men? who told you that its only drugs you can do abroad to make it? Hope you're not sitting down lazying around and accusing everybody else that made it that their money is dirty? stress can make you do that you know! You also need to clear your head of that believe that missing with people always bring you pains! chose your friends wisely, good friends and good Christians like you claim you are won't do that to you! you probably hang around those your town boys, insult their money and in return they tell you things that causes you pain! and why in the world will you go around town taking pictures of people's house saving them on your computer knowing fully well you don't need them for anything at least now? Ol'boy get out of the house and socialize abeg before you do the unthinkable! you just dey inside dey go kolo small small due to naija wahala and stress! As much as prayer is your answer you need to make a move too and clear your head with all that Poo wey you don plant there!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Am-Alone:
That picture on page 98-post #3132 is not your house is it? the roof is different abi na my eyes dey play me
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Prince Onx
The thread is not meant to check whether am crazy or not the thread was meant to share ideas, cost, techniques, design and advice about how to build SWEET houses.

I like what Am Alone said. I never wanted to reply you but i want to cite something. The reason while Nigeria is so messed up today is because when people come out to say the truth. They are labeled one name or the other so they all hide.I will give you a little bit of history. But remind you i ddint say "ALL" I said "almost".

It is not even hidden in the town, i never have that kind of view about my town boys untill i started listening to my people when I go home.

The town has seven villages, a very small town that looks like an estate in Abuja. As I was saying, it has seven villages, sometime ago, the smallest village in that town had a prayer and fasting and called 200 names of young men in prison abroad.

If the smallest had(then) 200 people in prison abroad, how many do the whole town have? I dont want to give you more deep insights for this place is very porous. The people from the neighbouring villages calls us ritual murder people, this also prompted my resolve to dig in deep and find out what our people are doing abroad, and I saw things, young men are flown home mad or in state that is very questionable.

I KNOW WHAT AM SAYING. Am all right very alright it is just that I need to be very distant of people they are very very selfish. Am top of my class in pgdip. So, am all right very, very alright.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2011
Where is Spyder?[color=#990000][/color] [size=8pt][/size]

Wont you say somethuing this is the 100 page, before it finishes.

I learnt a lot from this thread but I have never shared some tips, I hope I will soon.

But before then, there are informations I gathered from House codes (ie international residential building codes). It contains standards in building one to two family buildings. After going through it and other building books like building hand book 8th edition, I found out that many houses we are building in this country is substandard.

Like; its specification for a wall is 6inches when the wall is less than 9ft high but higher than 9ft it specifies 8inches and above. i also learnt that if you are using very hard wood for any thing like roofing the best nails to use is stainles nails(concrete nails), cos other ones will always be bending off (this is not neccessarily from these books).

Their recommedation for domestic concrete is 1:3:6, ie 1 part cement(2bags), 3 barrows of fine aggregates(sand), 6 barrows of coarse aggregate(stone)

Let me upload the books so people can download them, they are very good. They are very big so am having troubles uploading them but any one who is intereted in having them get back at me so I can show you how to download them from the internet.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2011
great thread and probably the most informative
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
Colin Adua:

@Prince Onx
The thread is not meant to check whether am crazy or not the thread was meant to share ideas, cost, techniques, design and advice about how to build SWEET houses.

I like what Am Alone said. I never wanted to reply you but i want to cite something. The reason while Nigeria is so messed up today is because when people come out to say the truth. They are labeled one name or the other so they all hide.I will give you a little bit of history. But remind you i ddint say "ALL" I said "almost".

It is not even hidden in the town, i never have that kind of view about my town boys untill i started listening to my people when I go home.

The town has seven villages, a very small town that looks like an estate in Abuja. As I was saying, it has seven villages, sometime ago, the smallest village in that town had a prayer and fasting and called 200 names of young men in prison abroad.

If the smallest had(then) 200 people in prison abroad, how many do the whole town have? I dont want to give you more deep insights for this place is very porous. The people from the neighbouring villages calls us ritual murder people, this also prompted my resolve to dig in deep and find out what our people are doing abroad, and I saw things, young men are flown home mad or in state that is very questionable.

I KNOW WHAT AM SAYING. Am all right very alright it is just that I need to be very distant of people they are very very selfish. Am top of my class in pgdip. So, am all right very, very alright.

My guy I will say this for the last time and then leave you alone because debating with you will mess this thread up and I won't want to do that to one of the most awesome thread on NL. You can start a new thread and call it "How to build a house without a JOB or MONEY" and lets see how that goes. You are also a very big example of Nigeria being messed up! Am sorry I sound that way but how in the world will you call your desire of wanting to build a house without a job or no money normal. This are things people wish and dream of not come to NL and ask for ideas on how to achieve that. Even in western world people lose properties including houses for losing their jobs, no money, and not being able to afford it anymore so don't make it sound like its one big secret and voicing it out will make people call you names. Secondly you didn't say the name of your village which you don't have to but as small as you describe it, it doesn't even sound like you have 200 men all together not to talk of 200 in jail overseas. Maybe if you say the name I might take that back because I know Anambra well! Listening to people back home, Ol'boy if I listen to everything they tell me in naija, i won't even call naija anymore not to talk of visiting. I was almost discouraged to come to naija to bury my own father last November but the fact that i will never forgive myself for not going home for my own dad's funeral made me say "F it" Like I said before and I wasn't trying to be rude, stress can cause a lot of things. Thinking out of the ordinary or like a mad man which ever you want to call it is normal with stress and need to be attended to. Don't just pick a fight with me because am not praying or giving you bible vs like others but honestly stress causes depression and that cause people to act LIKE they are insane. say that to Nigerians they pick offense like you're doing but guy its true. Finally, you need to loosen up and stop holding yourself down with some bull crap! Learn a job or trade if you have the means, go overseas and get involve in genuine business or job and don't worry if your people will count you among the other 2000 abi na 200 you call am. Don't lecture me on/about dirty money! Okija shrine is a walk from my village! seen it all both the real and fake and might even know more about it than you do. I have two cousins in jail in Europe right now because of drugs, am related to Victor Okafor (udu bunch aka Ezego) you will jump and pray not to land if you see their houses but where are they today? I use them as a caution even though I never had that type of money in mind not as some excuses not to make money! so Ol'boy go find something do no come here dey ask Nl's ideas on how to build a house without a job or money! you think say na for paper we dey draw the house? you sef funny! tomorrow now you go open one thread asking how to fly to America without a plane
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2011
Mr Prince Onx or what do you call your self. Go to page 99 from the begining and read my post or dont you understand simple english? Or is it snowing there that your brain is frozen? I never told you that I want build without income.[i][/i]Go to page 99 and see what I posted.

About my hometown I wont call the name. If you think am insane that is your business but what am saying I know very well and most them i find it very hard to believe in the first place, but they are true. The only exaggeration i had there is the remark about the town looking like Abuja estate.

About all these other rubbish (sorry, I had to use this word cos that is what it is to me) your were writing, the only thing i can tell you is I HAVE BEEN IN THE STREETS AND I HAVE SEEN THINGS, period.

If you dont have better thing to post here humbly and politely stop attacking people who are trying to contribute or use the information posted here.

Stop getting on my nerves before i tell you things. You see why I said people are very selfish, you are now giving me more reasons. I did not address the post to you . The people i addressed have given me their contribution.

Please dont mess up this wonderfull thread with your childish cynicism
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
He's educated and needs a job. All he asked for was a piece of
advice not insults(na person wey never go through hardship
nai go criticize that one)!!!! Everybody have a right to dream.
He never mentioned anywhere that he want to build without a job/income

If my dream is to become an American citizen
you don't criticize me because I don't have an American Visa yet
Make we learn to threat our fellow human as our brothers
and for once try to imagine ourselves in their shoes!!!
Peace!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by remcoface: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2011
Am Alone:

He's educated and needs a job. All he asked for is a piece of
advice not insults(na person wey never go through hardship
nai go criticize that one)!!!! Everybody have a right to dream.
He never mentioned anywhere that he want to build without a job/income

If my dream is to become an American citizen
you don't criticize me because I don't have an American Visa yet
Make we learn to threat our fellow human as our brothers
and for once try to imagine ourselves in their shoes!!!
Peace!!

NA GOD !!!!!!!!!!
YOU SAID IT ALL.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kaluj2: 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2011
@ prince, i think you should not have written what you wrote about collins, i don't see any abnormal things in collins contributions. We are all here to learn and share knowledge. let all play it cool and matured. Peace!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 9:20pm On Jun 24, 2011
Colin Adua:

Mr Prince Onx or what do you call your self. Go to page 99 from the begining and read my post or dont you understand simple english? Or is it snowing there that your brain is frozen? I never told you that I want build without income.[i][/i]Go to page 99 and see what I posted.

About my hometown I wont call the name. If you think am insane that is your business but what am saying I know very well and most them i find it very hard to believe in the first place, but they are true. The only exaggeration i had there is the remark about the town looking like Abuja estate.

About all these other rubbish (sorry, I had to use this word cos that is what it is to me) your were writing, the only thing i can tell you is I HAVE BEEN IN THE STREETS AND I HAVE SEEN THINGS, period.

If you dont have better thing to post here humbly and politely stop attacking people who are trying to contribute or use the information posted here.

Stop getting on my nerves before i tell you things. You see why I said people are very selfish, you are now giving me more reasons. I did not address the post to you . The people i addressed have given me their contribution.

Please dont mess up this wonderfull thread with your childish cynicism

Ol'boy I am deeply sorry if I in anyway accused or insulted you wrongly! I guess I was reading to much meaning into your question! You're right, I read your post again and shouldn't have taken it too serious! you can dream of owning a property or building one without money! So, Honestly,  "Am sorry" and don't get discouraged with what people say about your village or the guys in jail! Simply be honest in anything you do and with God you'll be just fine! All the best!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2011
Am Alone:
He's educated and needs a job. All he asked for was a piece ofadvice not insults(na person wey never go through hardshipnai go criticize that one)!!!! Everybody have a right to dream.He never mentioned anywhere that he want to build without a job/incomeIf my dream is to become an American citizenyou don't criticize me because I don't have an American Visa yetMake we learn to threat our fellow human as our brothersand for once try to imagine ourselves in their shoes!!!Peace!!
 As much as I wan flog you  grin you broke it down the way I never look at it! the guy been sound like say him don draw plan and wan build while him no get job! but all the same he'll be alright

kalu_j:

@ prince, i think you should not have written what you wrote about collins, i don't see any abnormal things in collins contributions. We are all here to learn and share knowledge. let all play it cool and matured. Peace!
haaaahhhh I don enter NL wahala today! Am cool! I no dey fight anybody oh! solves nothing! point taken
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
Fhemmmy:

great thread and probably the most informative

Ol'boy I sent you an email! check and let me know.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by rastaman20(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
Apart from going to school, street exprience is one of the best teacher in life. shocked shocked shocked as u have lived in the street and learn too, grin grin grin  na very good exprienceooo, e no be easy  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.gabmmmm. shocked shocked shocked  :-Xu go see and hear  for body.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. the things way u eyes sees,, sometimes ur mouth no fit talk amm, cheesy cheesy cheesy please just pick advice from the post which u think that is useful for u and throw away the rest, tongue tongue tongue after all na person way wear the shoe knows way the shoe the pain na oooo
i rest my case and please let move on on this great thread ,
Kudosss to all. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
smiley smiley smiley be our brothers keeper, maybe tomorrow the person that u meet on your way up may help you out on your way down,
lipsrsealed :-Xno skin pain shaooooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by rastaman20(m): 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
@spyder880, how far about ur house??' we want pics.
@AM Alone, how far ,, please shine my eyes with pic, abi na only u sabe good things, (joking) my wife tell me say niaja get test ooo,,after seeing all this wonderful work of niaja,
i tell say she never see anything until she land come, grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Kudos to all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by snowdrops(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2011
Page 100. Una weldone o. More engine oil and grease to your elbows.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
Rastaman20
I post some few pictures for page 98
check
peace ooo
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2011
rastaman20:

@spyder880, how far about your house??' we want pics.
@AM Alone, how far ,, please shine my eyes with pic, abi na only u sabe good things, (joking) my wife tell me say niaja get test ooo,,after seeing all this wonderful work of niaja,
i tell say she never see anything until she land come, grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Kudos to all.

Bros I hail o cheesy
I am placing some pics on the 5 bedroom thread, nothing from my house now, am still trying to organize myself before I enter the second half of this great match.

@all what happens after we exhaust this page, can we still view this thread online? I guess I open another thread to continue my house? Suggestions please.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2011
Brabus on 100. Greatest thread on Nairaland
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2011
Are you guys saying page 100 is the limit? well our building limit is far beyond the sky, we go open another thread maybe use the same topic and add "Reloaded" or part 2 what do you guys think?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by dudubody: 2:58am On Jun 25, 2011
i suggest we delete all the irrelevant post , sure we will have up to 40 pages left
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 5:49am On Jun 25, 2011
People like Prince Onx should bury their heads in the sand. I never wanted to comment on your vicious and wicked attacks on Colin Adua. Note that silence is consent! You may think that because you are in the USA that you are better than Colin. The man has education (PGD), all he needs now is opportunity and God's grace. I meet ignorant Nigerians like you here in the US on a daily basis in the course of my professional work. Stop embarrasing Nigerians in the US by the way you make comments. You should crawl back into the part of US you are staying and learn before making further comments. Enough is enough.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 7:20am On Jun 25, 2011
dudubody:

i suggest we delete all the irrelevant post , sure we will have up to 40 pages left

That's a good idea! I also suggest that we create posting rules to keep the thread clean and focused.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 7:33am On Jun 25, 2011
Page 100 shocked shocked shocked

I have to say smthn so I fit put my signature here as well, lol

missed u all, no be small, sometimes person fit 4get internet thus cant post anything, waiting for glo 1 abi na main one to pass our villages,

This thread has been quite helpful to many, welldone again Spyder,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 7:34am On Jun 25, 2011
dudubody:

I think its the site admin or the Moderator thats the qualified person to do that,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omodapson(m): 8:28am On Jun 25, 2011
It's a privilege to have followed this thread from Page 1 to 100 without missing any of the pages. The info I have gotten on these pages have been of tremendous help and encouragement. By God's grace, I will be starting my building project soon and I hope this thread will continue to be a guide. One luv! cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by franksphere(m): 9:25am On Jun 25, 2011
Hey Dave, Please check your yahoo mail; you have many unreplied mails there. Kindly reply. Pleeeaaase, my guy.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by janykute: 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagewood:

People like Prince Onx should bury their heads in the sand. I never wanted to comment on your vicious and wicked attacks on Colin Adua. Note that silence is consent! You may think that because you are in the USA that you are better than Colin. The man has education (PGD), all he needs now is opportunity and God's grace. I meet ignorant Nigerians like you here in the US on a daily basis in the course of my professional work. Stop embarrasing Nigerians in the US by the way you make comments. You should crawl back into the part of US you are staying and learn before making further comments. Enough is enough.
Sagewood,i think your attack was a bit harsh on prince onx considering the fact that he has admitted to not reading the post very well before his reply and therefore apologized.There shouldnt be any need for that your attack.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2011
@ All, I am going ahead to open a follow up thread for this topic, I will call it  THE REAL COST OF BUILDING A 6 BEDROOM DUPLEX RELOADED.

I thank you all for your support, I cannot mention names here for fear of omitting any of my friends, but una sabi unaselves and I say a very big FAT THANK YOU. It was a worthwhile experience, and we are going to continue the learning process. 

SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEW THREAD WHERE HOUSE FINISHINGS WILL BE THE FOCUS, HAVE YOU GOT TASTE? THEN COME AND FEAST YOUR EYES.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by oladele007: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2011
we thank u too.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by agabaI23(m): 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2011
wow

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.