Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin (2131 Views)

Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget / PDP Appoints Jibrin As Acting Bot Chairman (photo) / Timipre Sylva Planned Buhari’s Stoning In 2011 – Ex-aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by chidimarc(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
The presidential aspiration of former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), may have suffered a set back over the choice of his running mate, Pastor Tunde Bakare. Buhari is running on the ticket of the platform of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for the April elections.

A Second Republic senator and Deputy Coordinator of Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organization, North-Central zone, Walid Jibrin, told Daily Sun that Buhari committed blunder by picking Bakare as the running mate without investigating the pastor’s background.

This, according to Jibrin, was because Bakare was a devoted Muslim, but later ditched Islam for Christianity, which he said was an offence against Islam.

The penalty for the offence, he said, according to Islam, is death by stoning, stressing that Bakare is still at risk of being stoned to death if only the Muslim Ulamas and other relevant Islamic organizations could dig up the fact of the matter and take appropriate measures in accordance with Islamic laws:

www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/16/national-16-02-2011-010.htm

no be me talk am, na so e dey above
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2011
That man needs to be put to death with immediate effect!
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by chidimarc(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
My fears for Buhari’s
running mate
— Sen. Jibrin
From NOAH EBIJE, Kaduna
Wednesday, February 16,
The presidential aspiration of
former Head of State, General
Muhammadu Buhari (retd), may
have suffered a set back over
the choice of his running mate,
Pastor Tunde Bakare. Buhari is
running on the ticket of the
platform of Congress for
Progressive Change (CPC) for the
April elections.
A Second Republic senator and
Deputy Coordinator of
Jonathan/Sambo Campaign
Organization, North-Central zone,
Walid Jibrin, told Daily Sun that
Buhari committed blunder by
picking Bakare as the running
mate without investigating the
pastor ’s background.
This, according to Jibrin, was
because Bakare was a devoted
Muslim, but later ditched Islam
for Christianity, which he said
was an offence against Islam.
The penalty for the offence, he
said, according to Islam, is death
by stoning, stressing that
Bakare is still at risk of being
stoned to death if only the
Muslim Ulamas and other
relevant Islamic organizations
could dig up the fact of the
matter and take appropriate
measures in accordance with
Islamic laws:
“Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau
who are all presidential
candidates from the North,
picked Christians as their
running mates. Buhari has
Bakare as his running mate. In
fact, Bakare was a Muslim
before he was converted to
Christianity. The punishment for
anybody who has converted
from Islam to another religion is
death by stoning.
“They are talking about a
Christian being president,
why are they not talking
about a vice presidential
candidate, a Muslim who
converted to Christianity,
who should have been
stoned to death in Islam?
“Assuming Buhari becomes the
president and he is not around,
it is the pastor that would be
the president. So, why are they
bringing this kind of
insinuations into politics? The
most important thing we should
be doing is to look at the
qualities of the various
candidates and their capabilities
rather than promoting religious
sentiments in one political party
and causing confusion for the
party.” Excerpts:
You said Pastor Bakare was
supposed to be stoned to death
for converting to Christianity,
has he escaped such punishment
or is he likely to be stoned in
future?
The Islamic community is
frowning on the marriage of
somebody with 86 wives in
Niger State and trying to disown
him for doing so. I think Bakare
should be disowned by Nigerian
Muslims for abandoning Islam
for Christianity. That is more
because the man with 86 wives
is said to have given some
reasons to defend his action. It
depends on the Ulamas to look
at the issue.
What is the difference
between the man with 86
wives and the man who
abandoned Islam?
This is a big question to the
Nigerian Muslim Ulamas to
ponder on and advise us. The
CPC Muslim members are also
waiting for the advice so that
they don ’t confuse the masses.
They should stop coming to PDP
to spoil our arrangement which
is a good one. We have a
Christian president and a Muslim
vice president which is proper.
What is your advice to
Buhari on this matter?
I am not a member of CPC and I
don ’t want to delve into their
affairs. I can only talk on issues
that affect Nigeria. As a Muslim, I
really feel the conversion of
Bakare from a Muslim to a
Christian is against Qur ’anic
injunction, so the Muslim
northerners should choose who
to go with. They are saying
Muslims should not vote for a
Christian who has a true Muslim
as his vice president. Why are
they not talking about Buhari’s
running mate who became a
Christian? This is a challenge to
those who are inciting religious
sentiments against President
Goodluck Jonathan. If they are
truly religious people, then we
are waiting to see what they
will do about Bakare.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by againstGEJ(m): 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2011
interesting
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by aljharem11(m): 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
[size=18pt]who reads sun newspaper

there accounts are never accurate and most of there sources are from other newspaper[/size]
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by oderemo(m): 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
They are talking about a Christian being president, why are they not talking about a vice presidential candidate, a Muslim who converted to Christianity, who should have been stoned to death in Islam
a quote from mr jubrin interview.
with people like that holding forth for muslims, no wonder that religion has a short fuse built in.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by jason123: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

who reads sun newspaper

there accounts are never accurate and most of there sources are from other newspaper

I have to agree with you there.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by fstranger3(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Only after you

As an Ibo hater, you also need to be put to death,

Bigots should not be allowed to live in our midst!
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by seanet02: 5:08pm On Feb 16, 2011
Arrant Nonsense
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Genbuhari3: 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
Dont mind the fool. he is trying to incite the northern muslims against Buhari/Bakare ticket, but it will not work. it is not religion that drives the support of the northern masses for Buhari, but the fact that they see a man who remains simple despite having had several positions. a man who they can see themselves in.

The GEJ team have started their propaganda again. it worked against Atiku, but Buhari. Never!
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by sbeezy8: 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

there accounts are never accurate and most of there sources are from other newspaper[/size]

THEY ARE NEVER CORREWCT THE SAME ONES THAT SAID TINUBU SAID JONATHAN IS A FISHERMAN- when i looked at other articles it mentioned NOTHING about fishermen
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by chidimarc(m): 7:18pm On Feb 16, 2011
this guy went about his business in a stylish way. Incisive PROPAGANDA !
Bro GEJ has got a team indeed
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2011
Do they have any proof that he's an apostate?

Remember how some stories were claiming that he was from the North before? This sounds somewhat like that claim.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by texazzpete(m): 7:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

Sun Newspaper is one of the top newspapers in Nigeria.
They are crap, I agree, but they seem to have a substantial reader base.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by aljharem11(m): 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2011
texazzpete:

[s]Sun Newspaper is one of the top newspapers in Nigeria.[/s]
They are crap, I agree, but they seem to have a substantial reader base.
sorry which nigeria, how many people buy the sun newspaper

people go for punch, thisday, vangruard, tribune before other

what do u think smiley
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Chyz2: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Can you give me a verse out of the quran, where these ingrates say permits the stoning of those who change their religion from Islam?
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
Chyz*:

Can you give me a verse out of the quran, where these ingrates say permits the stoning of those who change their religion from Islam?

Are you dense? undecided
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Chyz2: 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Are you dense? undecided

Meaning?
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by EzeUche2(m): 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
This is incredible. That is why I feel Sharia law needs to be abolished, or at least updated with the current times. Why would Jibrin say such a thing?
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
Chyz*:

Meaning?

Why ask me the question? Am I the one who made the claim? Did you even read the article to know what my response was in reaction to? How does that question even fit into this discussion? ---- hence the reason I ask again, are you dense?
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Chyz2: 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why ask me the question? Am I the one who made the claim? Did you even read the article to know what my response was in reaction to? How does that question even fit into this discussion? ---- hence the reason I ask again, are you dense?

Kobojunkie:

Its clear by this statement, you are say Bakare should be put to death for doing something that he had every right to do. Asuming not Bakare, maybe you should make your comment a bit more specific.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
Chyz*:

Its clear by this statement, you are say Bakare should be put to death for doing something that he had every right to do. Asuming not Bakare, maybe you should make your comment a bit more specific.

It's clear shocked

Maybe I should make my comment a bit more specific? How you, NEXT TIME, YOU make sure to verify before you rush off making assumptions of people that are not even connected in anyway.

Bakare is not the one asking why someone else was not stoned for making a different choice. Please take time to read the article, and than ask before you leap to conclude.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Chyz2: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It's clear  shocked

Maybe I should make my comment a bit more specific? How you, NEXT TIME, YOU make sure to verify before you rush off making assumptions of people that are not even connected in anyway.

Bakare is not the one asking why someone else was not stoned for making a different choice. Please take time to read the article, and than ask before you leap to conclude.

Obviously its never beneficial to argue with a junkie. We all know nothing ever goes anywhere with you. Look, just stop your nonsense mentality and your obsession with northern muslim rule. wink
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2011
^^^ And now you have proven yourself, yet again, a waste of time.

First you ask me a question that has nothing to do with thread. Then you assert I want Bakare dead just because you thought it. Now you feel attacking me validates your existence in some way? Again, I have to ask, are you dense??
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Nsiman(m): 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2011
bakare is in danger because if he represents his boss in the north, 'boko brothers' go design am. So we dn't want that
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Chyz2: 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ And now you have proven yourself, yet again, a waste of time.

First you ask me a question that has nothing to do with thread. Then you assert I want Bakare dead just because you thought it. Now you feel attacking me validates your existence in some way? Again, I have to ask, are you dense??

Everyone is attacking Kobojunkie now,lol. This is what you were crying about in the Complaints section to the moderators right? ROTFLMAO! Maybe you will learn to stop doing all your nonsense that warrants those "attacks". ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I STILL LOVE YOU THOUGH. smiley
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2011
Chyz*:

Everyone is attacking Kobojunkie now,lol. This is what you were crying about in the Complaints section to the moderators right? ROTFLMAO! Maybe you will learn to stop doing all your nonsense that warrants those "attacks". ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I STILL LOVE YOU THOUGH. smiley

You do have access to the dictionary, right? Now look up the word ATTACK and it's application. When someone says "Obviously its never beneficial to argue with a junkie", you instinctively know that the person is NO LONGER REFERRING TO THE OPINION EXPRESSED but the INDIVIDUAL EXPRESSING THE OPINION, hence the use of the word ATTACK.

I am not an English teacher and I certainly do not have my grammar down right, but I suggest you too go back and take some classes to maybe help IMPROVE on your comprehension abilities.

Now, back to the topic, as I suggested, next time, please learn to ask QUESTIONS to ensure you have your information right before proceeding to counter a claim!! It is usually the best approach. Worry more of getting that down, will you?
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Chyz2: 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You do have access to the dictionary, right? Now look up the word ATTACK and it's application. When someone says "Obviously its never beneficial to argue with a junkie", you instinctively know that the person is NO LONGER REFERRING TO THE OPINION EXPRESSED but the INDIVIDUAL EXPRESSING THE OPINION, hence the use of the word ATTACK.

I am not an English teacher and I certainly do not have my grammar down right, but I suggest you too go back and take some classes to maybe help IMPROVE on your comprehension abilities.

Now, back to the topic, as I suggested, next time, please learn to ask QUESTIONS to ensure you have your information right before proceeding to counter a claim!! It is usually the best approach. Worry more of getting that down, will you?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2011
Chyz*:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

Apostasy in Islam (Arabic: ارتداد, irtidād  or ridda‎) is commonly defined in Islam as the rejection in word or deed of their former religion (apostasy) by a person who was previously a follower of Islam. While the Qur'an states that apostates will be punished by God, Islamic scholarship differs on the earthly punishment for apostasy, ranging from death to no punishment at all. Some say the reason for the harsh penalty for apostates is an attempt to silence ex-Muslims who may speak out against Islam.[1]

The medieval Sunni schools of Islamic jurisprudence were unanimous in holding that apostasy by a male Muslim is punishable by death, differing only on whether to execute the apostate immediately or grant the apostate an opportunity to repent and thus avoid penalty. They also differed on the punishment of a female apostate: death or imprisonment until repentance.[2] Abu-Hanifa and his followers like the jurist Sarakhsi refused death penalty for women[3] supporting jail for them till re-embracing islam. The four major Sunni schools of Islamic jurisprudence (Madh'hab) differentiate between harmful apostasy and harmless apostasy (also known as major and minor apostasy) in accepting repentance.[4]

According to Wael Hallaq apostasy laws are not derived from the Qur'an,[5] and Quran Alone Muslims do not support the apostasy penalty; many of them openly condemn depending on verses from Quran which advocate free will.[6] In addition to Quran Alone Muslims, scholars who oppose any penalty for apostasy include, Gamal Al-Banna,[7][8] Taha Jabir Alalwani,[9] and Shabir Ally.[10] Others who believe that the death penalty can only be applied in certain cases or when apostasy is coupled with attempts to "harm" Muslim society or that the punishment is not death penalty include,[11][12][13] Ahmad Shafaat,[14] Jamal Badawi,[4] Yusuf Estes,[15] Javed Ahmad Ghamidi,[16] and Maliki jurist Abu al-Walid al-Baji.

On the other hand, Zakir Naik stated that if a former Muslim speaks against Islam then that is considered as treason and punishable by death.[17][18][19] Contemporary Muslim scholars such as Bilal Philips,and Yusuf al-Qaradawi also advocate the death penalty for apostates.[20][21] Sheik Muhammad Al-Munajid, the owner and writer for the popular islam-qa.com site advocates the death penalty, in his rationale stating that this "may encourage others to forsake the truth".[22]

Some prominent recent examples of writers and activists killed because of apostasy claims include Mahmoud Mohammed Taha,[23] Faraj Foda,[24] Rashad Khalifa, Ghorban Tourani, Necati Aydin, Uğur Yüksel, and the Egyptian Nobel prize winner Najib Mahfouz has been injured in an attempted assassination.[25]

It's not from the Quran, but it's de facto Islamic policy apparently.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2011
@ Kobojunkie, Chyz's question was perfectly valid, I think he just missed that you were being sarcastic/satirical in that post of yours that he quoted.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by Chyz2: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

It's not from the Quran, but it's de facto Islamic policy apparently.

Thanks. That's the point I was trying to make. If the Quran doesn't permit it then it is not islamic. Bakare had that right as a muslim.
Re: Bakare Liable To Death By Stoning In Islamic Law- Jibrin by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
Chyz*:

Thanks. That's the point I was trying to make. If the Quran doesn't permit it then it is not islamic. Bakare had that right as a muslim.

Well the Quran apparently says that apostates will be punished by God.

It doesn't take much imagination to twist that into a mandate for executing apostates, but the thing that those who do so forget is that the Quran says the Jews and Christians are fellow people "of the Book" (?) and clearly indicates that they are not "infidels". So I don't see how an apostate could justifiably be punished for converting to Christianity or Judaism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos :why Prince Donatus Okonkwo Is Most Suitable For Anambra State!!! / It Was Wrong For The Arik Airline Stowaway Lad To Have Been Offered Scholarship / Oyo State Oil Producing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.