Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval (14471 Views)

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. / Building Plan Approval Process And Cost In Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by grace5: 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2009
@ LASYEM

DO YOU HAVE A GOOD LAND FOR SALE IN GOOD AREA IN LAGOS ,THE BUYER WANT TO DEVELOP IMMIDIATELY.
THANKS

EMAIL;mkinbile@gmail.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2009
@grace,
as a potential land buyer you must have a budget of how much you want to spend and area of your choice based on factors that will suit your needs.
so,let me know your pocket and areas of your choice so that we can cut your coat according to your cloth. cheers grin grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
@All,, its good to be back,, there is an issue that have been bugging people I need to share which I think might be a topic on its own,,, it the multiple taxation on building plan approval and governor concent/ C of O, It have been observed that people pay tax when they want to apply for C of O or concent, they even pay tax for the omo onile they bought from i.e .(if omonile sold 100 plots of land and there is 4 signatory frm the family who sign the deed. That mean the buyer will pay for all the 4 signatory and every other buyer of the remaining 99 plots will do the same.
The second is, after the concent the buyer submit for approval and when the file gets to LIRS ,, an addition tax is being added, The question is the initial payment made during concent for tax which i think is fixed at 60k and during approval the lirs just fixed figure.,egional planning law provisin does not require some application to get to the commissner to grant,, .Are they saying A District officer (DO) of level 14 officer who have spent offer 15 years in service can not grant approval until it goes thru the GM to PS and commissional for permission b4 it goes back to be signed by the DO,,lol,
I need all ur contribution and and expirence on the cumbersome approval procedure, LIRS syndrome as it concern Building pan approval and governor concent, Cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Sagewood: 8:24am On Mar 26, 2011
LASYEM:

@All,, its good to be back,, there is an issue that have been bugging people I need to share which I think might be a topic on its own,,, it the multiple taxation on building plan approval and governor concent/ C of O, It have been observed that people pay tax when they want to apply for C of O or concent, they even pay tax for the omo onile they bought from i.e .(if omonile sold 100 plots of land and there is 4 signatory frm the family who sign the deed. That mean the buyer will pay for all the 4 signatory and every other buyer of the remaining 99 plots will do the same.
The second is, after the concent the buyer submit for approval and when the file gets to LIRS ,, an addition tax is being added, The question is the initial payment made during concent for tax which i think is fixed at 60k and during approval the lirs just fixed figure.,egional planning law provisin does not require some application to get to the commissner to grant,, .Are they saying A District officer (DO) of level 14 officer who have spent offer 15 years in service can not grant approval until it goes thru the GM to PS and commissional for permission b4 it goes back to be signed by the DO,,lol,
I need all your contribution and and expirence on the cumbersome approval procedure, LIRS syndrome as it concern Building pan approval and governor concent, Cheers grin

@ LASYEM, Is there a website for the Lagos State Physical Development Authority or other Lagos land related issues? How long does it take to process a C of O / Governor's consent? Do you have current lands for sale in non- govt acquisition areas?
Concerning the issues you raised above, the govt should have a website that details all govt policy as regards land and related issues.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 11:55am On Mar 26, 2011
As of today, the physical planning authority do not have a website,. Its only land that have one, which u can downloads form for various land transaction.
The problem with the planning authority is improper management with those at the head, , when u call a parastal an 'AUTHORITY' That mean such parastatal have a soul autonomy to take a decision as stipulated by the law that create such, They have the right to employ, fix there salaries and folow the planning law as delegated to them without interferance frm the main ministry.
The problem of physical planning is the management team, made up of physical planners who are civil servant who have spent many year in service and are afraid of loosing thier jobs, so they are scaref in taking decision automously as it should with an authority, example lirs who have well season managment with terms of office and a managment goal that must be achive with no interferance from the parent ministry , another is LSDPC , LAWMA , LASTMA, all with independent management to achive their goals and at the same time blamed for any of their failures with out shifting blames to 1 PS or Commisioner.
In my opinion ,, the management position should be advertised for qualified profesional both in the public sector and private sector to apply for a period of year and the executive secretary shld be the top civil servant, Imagine most of these heads can not operate a system not to talk of having an email address.
The problem of public enlightment as physical development is concern is very poor,, b'cos the people need to be inform, There should be TV programs like lasma, lawma and even brt have on air, Imagine the physical planning not having any program to educate the people on development matters ,I belive with a very good management who is not afraid to bell the cat, we can acheive the sustainable development we are clamouring for!, Cheers grin

@sagewood, am not involve in land selling for now, but if I have good ones I will post them,, and always be carefull on wht u buy even the ones I post n do ur proper check too cos i might not see the flurs other will see,
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by chux4liv(m): 9:27am On May 10, 2011
LASYEM:

As of today, the physical planning authority do not have a website,. Its only land that have one, which u can downloads form for various land transaction.

Is Land at AGURA Ikorodu Government acquired land (agricultural site) ??
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 2:39am On Aug 04, 2011
@chux4liv , Agura land is government Agric aqusition but not commited , i.e it was zone by government on the master plan for agric purpose not a commited direct use by the government but available to people thru application from govt for agric purposes, so wht u could do is regularized ur ownership by apply thru the govt office at blk 14 lands alausafor perfection of ur tittle, cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by RichDad1(m): 7:38am On Aug 04, 2011
@lasyem,
Thanks for the above reply.Plz is the lands @ Adamo,araromi and environs a commited land?i heard its "Agric".Is there a possiblity of getting a CofO and how long can it take.Once again thanks.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by yemiyemi: 11:05am On Aug 04, 2011
Rich Dad:

@lasyem,
Thanks for the above reply.Plz is the lands @ Adamo,araromi and environs a commited land?i heard its "Agric".Is there a possiblity of getting a CofO and how long can it take.Once again thanks.

Lands from Maya, Araro, Adamo, Ajegunle etc. are all zoned in Lagos State Masterplan as Agric Zone but not Committed. However, you can regularize lands earmarked for agric purpose by government at Lagos State Agric Lands Holding at Oko Baba, Agege and not Lands Bureau at Alausa Secretariat.

After the regularisation, the Agric Lands holdings will issue a certificate of occupancy to that effect and the process is faster than normal C of O processing at Lands Bureau in alausa.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2011
@yemiyemi,, thks for the info,, I knw if u get to lands you will be push to the right direction, thks any way for that,, am more of physical planning and approval, cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by RichDad1(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2011
@Yemiyemi,
God bless you for this clearification.i have been in this dilema for more than 5years now and it's really slowing me down.Recently i have decided to complete a 3bedroom bungalow on a plot of land @ Araro woch i am planning to move into very soon but my question now is:since it's marked as 'Agric' must one use it for agricultural purposes?is it illegal for residential projects?also how can i go about getting the CofO?do you know anyone that has sucessfully got thiers @ Araro?Thank you.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by RichDad1(m): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2011
@Yemiyemi,
can i get your contact plz
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by RichDad1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2011
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by yemiyemi: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2011
@ Rich Dad, there are too many people facing the same challenges you are facing regarding the status of your property being marked for 'Agric Zone', The point is that government themselves are aware of these challenges and thats the reason they make provision for its ratification at the Lagos State Agric Lands Holdings at Agege.

Your already built building will still be used for residential purpose but will be required by the Agency to provide a small portion of your land to be used as Fish pond, small poultry or small garden, just to have a feel of little agriculture practice on the plot. After meeting this conditions and others, they will now approve for ratification.

My contact is yemiyemi2003@yahoo.com or call 07035088651 or 07043601658

Thanks.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by RichDad1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2011
Thanks so much.I will forever be greatful to you for this insight.I will give you a call asap.Btw,i suggest the mod make this topic sticky because thousands of Lagosians are facing this same problem and some have been duped by dubious estate agent trying to get their CofO from Alausa.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by osarodon(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2011
Any land for purchase in Ikorodu axis?
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by delojian: 11:15am On Oct 05, 2011
I got the below as a part requirement towards the approval of my proposed building , please what does this means, anybody in the house with information should please assist.

"Tax review of proposed property at office of LIRS"
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Select(m): 4:28am On Oct 06, 2011
delojian:

I got the below as a part requirement towards the approval of my proposed building , please what does this means, anybody in the house with information should please assist.

"Tax review of proposed property at office of LIRS"

@ Delojian,
Was the letter from LIRS or from the District Office where you are processing your Building Plan Approval?
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Select(m): 4:32am On Oct 06, 2011
osarodon:

Any land for purchase in Ikorodu axis?

@ Osarodon,
Which area of Ikorodu do you have in mind and pls what is your budget?
I am also into the processing of titled documents( C of O, Governor's Consent, Ratification cases etc) and Building Plan Approvals within Lagos, Ogun and Abuja.
You can reach me via select500@yahoo.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by osarodon(m): 7:10am On Oct 06, 2011
You can mail areas that your currently have for sale osarodon@yahoo.com
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Damysa(f): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2011
this is useful to me, will get back to it later
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
@ ALL, AS WE MOVE INTO A NEW YEAR,MAY GOD BLESS U & UR FAMILY WITH GOOD HEALTH, HAPPINESS, RICHES AND ALL THE GREAT THINGS OF LIFE U HAVE EVER DESIRE.WISH U A GREAT NEW YEAR. AND TRY TO BUILD SAFELY, Town Planner sahid
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by blacklion(m): 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2012
Does any one know the official LASG charges or fees for approval of survey plan of a standard plot of land at Lekki - Eti Osa LGA?

Can any surveyor in the house please give an idea of the cost of doing survey for a standard plot of land at Lekki?
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by kopell: 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2012
I just paid for my last week friday@ old rate
Of 250,000 for 2 plot @ lekki Eti-Osa LGA
I believe the new rate take effect on April first
On Sunday!! The rate I believe now is 180,000 for
One full plot and 300,000 for 2 full plot of land
I may be wrong, pls find out before you pay!!

1 Like

Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by blacklion(m): 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
kopell: I just paid for my last week friday@ old rate
Of 250,000 for 2 plot @ lekki Eti-Osa LGA
I believe the new rate take effect on April first
On Sunday!! The rate I believe now is 180,000 for
One full plot and 300,000 for 2 full plot of land
I may be wrong, pls find out before you pay!!

Thank you, my brother, the info is much appreciated!
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by Select(m): 12:33am On May 17, 2012
Get in touch for the processing of your Building Plan Approvals and Titled Documents( C of O, Govs. Consent, Ratificatn Cases, Survey Plans,etc), within Lagos, Ogun and Abuja.
I work as a Town Planner/Consultant with the Lagos State Govt.
My email is - select500@yahoo.com or via BB PIN- 3079A6DB
Cheers!
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
@select..do u just hijack a tread..or you give ur own contribution on how to go about building plan approval, c of o and anyone that enjoy ur contribution will ask for ur contact..or u create ur own topic.. i will prefer a free advice on development issues as it relate to physical development..you can enlighten us about exiced villages and the way forward for the owners..like how they perfect their titles and hw to get an approved layout....please educate us...NB..not only for select..but other can contribute too...its good to be back...cheers grin
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by zylkenny(m): 5:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
A very informative and enlightening thread. I have a similar problems as those mentioned previously. I plan on building 2 units of 2 storey building containing 6 flats each on 2 plots of land. I have done the survey and d red copy has been lodged. I have 5 copies of architectural drawing, 5 copies of d survey, 5 copies of structural drawing, land information, and C of O. Land is free from aquisition. I am working towards getting the approval. My contacts charged me 750 thousand naira for it and said it'll take 3days to get. I think this amount is rather outrageous. Land is located in olowora village after ojodu berger. Does anyone here know how much I ought to pay and who I can talk to?
Thanks
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by LASYEM(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2012
@kenny...the land c of o , is it for lagos..n the 750k..is it the processsing fee or part will be use to raise the draft..n the 3 days mention..i dnt tink dats possible..let me now d exact location . and as for d fee that what he charge for his fee..u can negociate for less if he is genue...u can call me on 08082440720..if u need my direct assistance...Cheers
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by wunmiplus(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
@LASYEM, I am a commission agent and am from Agura in Ikorodu. I know that almost all the land around that area, if not all, is in Agric zone but am also aware that government have released a lot of the land years back. My question now is, what document/paper do people who have land in the area needs to obtain ? Is it C of O, Consent or Ratification ? What is the procedure ? Can you help a client to get the papers ?
Please feel free to email me at wunmiplus@yahoo.com or call 07055046440.
Thanks.

Note: If there is anybody looking to buy land in Agura or any other part of Ikorodu, the person can equally contact me via wunmiplus@yahoo.com or call 07055046440.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by kopell: 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2015
wunmiplus:
@LASYEM, I am a commission agent and am from Agura in Ikorodu. I know that almost all the land around that area, if not all, is in Agric zone but am also aware that government have released a lot of the land years back. My question now is, what document/paper do people who have land in the area needs to obtain ? Is it C of O, Consent or Ratification ? What is the procedure ? Can you help a client to get the papers ?
Please feel free to email me at wunmiplus@yahoo.com or call 07055046440.
Thanks.

Note: If there is anybody looking to buy land in Agura or any other part of Ikorodu, the person can equally contact me via wunmiplus@yahoo.com or call 07055046440.
place of your advertisement of locations, prices and documentation on each of the lands that you are trying to market. Don't assume people know most of the locations you have mentioned, by giving good details we make buyers; make better decisions. Don't be surprised if someone contacts you from China or Russia.
Re: Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval by wunmiplus(m): 8:11am On Oct 06, 2015
@Kopell, thanks a lot. I already have adverts on nairaland but as you said, it's not too much to also place it here.
Below is one:

A plot of land at Papa-Agura, Ikorodu, (Beside Chevron IPP site) Lagos state.
Asking price 1m.
Agura is beside Ijede and about the same distance from Ikorodu garage. I have properties in other parts of Ikorodu as well, serious buyer may buyer may contact at 07055046440 or WhatsApp 08028823040. You can also send email to wunmiplus@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Office Partitioning / competed!!.. Cctv, Dstv, & Whole House Audio Installations / The New Lagos Offers You Acceptance,luxury,peace,affordability+2349030188831

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.