Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo (25428 Views)

BBHS @100: Obasanjo Walks The Streets Of Abeokuta / “I Pray You Live Beyond This CRISIS” – TB Joshua Bombshell Prophecy For NIGERIA! / Ajimobi: I Wish To Reach 70 Years Only - Ex-Governor Said In Throwback Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Le124(m): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
Daud Olatunji, Abeokuta

Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has said he wished to live beyond 100 so as to have more opportunities to celebrate with the Agura of Gbagura, Oba Sabur Bakare, Jamolu II.

Obasanjo was part of the dignitaries present at the first anniversary of the monarch held in Abeokuta on Tuesday.

Oba Bakare received the staff of office from former Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, on May 21, 2019, as the 9th Agura of Gbagura in Egbaland.

The monarch while commemorating his anniversary held interdenominational service with believers of all faiths and commissioned a borehole for the community.

Obasanjo, who clocked 83 this year, while speaking at the interdenominational service, said he wished to be at the 20th anniversary of the monarch.

He said, “I will be here to celebrate your 20 years anniversary with you whether I am invited or not.

“By the time I also partake in celebrating your 20th anniversary with you, if God wishes, He can call me to come and meet Him in heaven because I know by that time, I will be above 100 or more .”

The former president, however, advised the monarch to propagate unity among traditional rules in Yorubaland.

There are times that Kabiyesi don’t listen to words and there are times he does listen to words. If we are united, there is nothing we can’t do in Yorubaland and Nigeria as a whole,” Obasanjo added.

In his remarks, the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, noted that the past one year of the reign of Oba Bakare had been characterised by direct engagement of Egba monarchs, leaders, and other stakeholders for social cohesion and unity of purpose.

Alake expressed that the entire Egba Traditional Council was satisfied with the all-inclusive leadership of the Agura monarch and congratulated him for a successful anniversary.

The Agura appreciated his guests, adding that the unity and love among the Egbas would continue to wax stronger.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/i-wish-to-live-beyond-100-obasanjo/%3famp=1

3 Likes

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Sarkin: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
DSS is an enabler of terrorism and insurgency.

Everyone needs to know the obvious for what it is. In a country where people are being arrested and humiliated for speaking the truth and exposing rot. But the failed DSS doesn't want to expose the sponsors of Boko haram and the our denigrated military says it's not their duty to expose them.

Top positions are given to illiterates all in the name of an agenda that would never work.

Dss won't invite El Rufai for questioning about the killers he admitted to be on his payroll. But if this forum wasn't anonymous they would invite me for this my post. This is our reality.

The only way forward is for foreign bodies to stop aiding our cooperate politicians and start sanctioning them.

If foreign bodies arm and aid rebel groups against our leadership history would forever be kind to us and as a matter of fact it would be successful!

Everyone should copy and repost this all over the internet, spread awareness!

Save your sinking nation!

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Amspecial: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin to enjoy your ill gotten wealth abi? Las las u go still die leave am, I no be vanity upon vanity crew but finally every tin na vanity.
life is transient kiss the truth

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by classicfrank4u(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Yh, so that u can have enough time to spend all the money you stole cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by manuelreports: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ok
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by EASYLIFE4US: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
For where shocked
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Centcanada: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Bad eggs every where
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Zimri(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
cheesy

The end is near!
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by jarvis4: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good for you
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Bmaster(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
That's a good wish!
I second it

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by money121(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ebora Owu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by EyezofGod120: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin long life is assured

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by TriCee: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
Everyone's wish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Harmored(m): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
Damn niggggaaaar
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Bihdemie: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
Omg, this is the funniest article I've read since the day started... No worry you go even live longer than 200
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
If you like live for 200 years you'll still die cool

8 Likes

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Pusyiter(m): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
It is a good wish but if wishes were horses, beggars would ride one.
However, wetin you wan achieve in life again?
You saw allow posterity judge if you conquered by quietly exiting
Anyway, na God dey tear ticket for living.

6 Likes

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by davodyguy: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
Baba doesn't know his age ni?
He said, “I will be here to celebrate your 20 years anniversary with you whether I am invited or not.

“By the time I also partake in celebrating your 20th anniversary with you, if God wishes, He can call me to come and meet Him in heaven because I know by that time, I will be above 100 or more .”

100 years or more in 20 year's time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by pwansunriseteam: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
God knows the best

2 Likes

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by luluman: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
As your heart desires.

3 Likes

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by lekki1444: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by PlanetZero: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
May you live long sir. Amen

6 Likes

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
I sincerely wish you a long life sir.
The best democratic president (in Nigeria) so far I've seen. He may not have handled it as a "democratic person" but he brought serious DEVELOPMENT TO THIS COUNTRY. He opened our eyes to consuming made in Nigeria goods (which was a TOUGH CAMPAIGN THEN). Fashion designers and houses would be grateful to this man as his campaign made some of us fall in love with made in Nigeria Designs (Especially corporate designs in Ankara which was seen as weird but innovated during his regime due to the campaign. As a result of this, the Modelling market rose. Nigerian models were now used and PAID. MASSIVE MODELLING JOBS CAME). He brought deregulation and privatization of telecoms sector which brought ENORMOUS JOBS TO THE COUNTRY. He increased the salaries of civil servants and made civil service job a job of "envy". This he did "WITHOUT OWING ANY INTERNATIONAL BANK". He 'offseted' all our debts (Paris club, etal). I wish he ruled for 16years. Nigeria would have gone farrrrrr.
The only military president who "willingly WITHOUT INTERNATIONAL PRESSURE WHATSOEVER (AS IT WAS A NORM THEN) HANDED OVER TO A CIVILIAN PRESIDENT" Despite the fact that in the 70s IT WAS A NORM O. The campaign for democracy had not been STRONG.
Long live the BEST PRESIDENT SO FAR NIGERIA HAD HAD
obasanjo would remain the president I love most (from 1960-2020/2023)
He's indeed AN ACHIEVER
Any fashion designer or model, telecoms worker or civil servant (federal to be precised) that insults this man IS A FOOL (Unless he belongs to the INDOMIE GENERATION grin )
HUMAN BEINGS CAN SO FORGET THE GOOD YOU DO. UNGRATEFUL BEINGS!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Intrepid01(m): 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
The end has come already...
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by Commentor: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2020
I'm still considering tour request.
Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by sirnoble03: 12:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
Smiles... Live forever now cheesy
. God has been gracious to you enough in life. Despite all challenges, if you die today you die well.

But it's his wish Sha. Someone asked God not to grant him beyond 70...He clocked 70 and die.

Re: I Wish To Live Beyond 100 – Obasanjo by 00cyberghost(m): 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
lol, baba don't want to die. this man likes good things reason why he want to go for a third term.
I am a fullstack web developer. visit my profile for more info

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Raid Military Camp, Unleash Mayhem On Katsina Community / Court Remands Metuh In Kuje Prison / Fani-Kayode Reacts As Presidency Queries Obasanjo’s Absence At Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.