Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

My Husband's Killers Danced Round His Corpse Before Leaving - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Killers Danced Round His Corpse Before Leaving (1039 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Watch How These Kids Danced At A Birthday Party (video) / Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband's Killers Danced Round His Corpse Before Leaving by aloyemeka1: 2:44am On Feb 17, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011

'My husband's killers danced round his corpse before leaving'

Jude Owuamanam, Jos

Ruth, wife of the slain Chief Security Officer of the Federal College of Land Resources Technology, Jos, Plateau State, Mr. Haruna Danjuma, has given a gory account of how her husband was killed, on Thursday, by some alleged herdsmen in his quarters located inside the school premises.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/15/825.html

Apart from being the chief security officer of the institution, which is under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Haruna, 58, who hailed from Manguna in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau, was also a staunch labour leader and member of the Non-Academic Staff Union of the institution.

Haruna's death was the climax of a long struggle between him and some Fulani herdsmen over the ownership of some cattle. Some days before he was killed, Danjuma had reported the theft of his cows. He had accused the herdsmen of being the brains behind serial theft of cattle in Fan, Vom, Kuru, Barakin Ladi and Farin Lamba areas.

Fortunately for him, some of the cows were recovered and an identification parade was carried out by the police. His own cattle were handed over to him. The police made a very big show of the event. It was widely televised by the local television station. That might have been Danjuma's nemesis as he was mauled down a few days later.

Ruth, 42, told PUNCH METRO on Saturday that but for the divine mercy, she would have been killed along with her husband. She said that at the time of her husband's brutal killing, he was at home with her son and two daughters. While the two daughters were lucky to escape unhurt, her son received machete cuts and is currently receiving treatment in a hospital.

"I travelled to the village and he was with my children when the killers arrived at about 7.30 pm on that Thursday. He was in his room when they heard a noise outside. The attackers were shouting that they had got to his house. He quickly got out of the house and ran into an adjoining room, not knowing that they had surrounded the house. They followed him inside and shot him on the chest," she said.

Ruth said that thereafter, the killers, who came in army camouflage uniform dragged his lifeless body outside and danced round it before carting away all the cattle that were returned to him by the police.

"They were singing and dancing round his body, saying that 'this is the foolish Haruna, we have finally got him'," she said.

All the while, Ruth said that her two daughters hid under the bed and did not utter a word until the killers left. That, she said, saved them from the killers.

The marauders were said to have felled Haruna in a pool of his blood before making their exit through the adjoining hills to Farin Lamba. She said that if the police could carry out a thorough investigation, the family would be able to identify the stolen cows and possibly, the killers.

The state command's Commissioner of Police, Mr. Abdulrahman Akano, said that the police were already investigating the incident, adding that the matter would not be swept under the carpet.
Re: My Husband's Killers Danced Round His Corpse Before Leaving by Sparkle777(f): 6:57am On Feb 17, 2011
This is terrible,the average Fulani man can and will kill because of cattle.As far as am concerned its an extention of the ungoing crisis between Biroms and Fulanis.May God have mercy on the on all. Rip to the dead.
Re: My Husband's Killers Danced Round His Corpse Before Leaving by ifyalways(f): 9:13am On Feb 17, 2011
Whatever happened to conscience and still small voice?How can humans be so mean and heartless?Murder someone in cold blood cos of cows? . . . chei
Re: My Husband's Killers Danced Round His Corpse Before Leaving by Ninapha(f): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2011
cry cry cry Another forced widowhood. God save Jos! and give heart of flesh to her inhabitants.
Re: My Husband's Killers Danced Round His Corpse Before Leaving by aloyemeka1: 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2011
Which is worth more to an average Fulani: cow or stranger?
Re: My Husband's Killers Danced Round His Corpse Before Leaving by babyme1(f): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2011
Killing a man because of cattles? Jesu Christi shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

How Early Should We Teach S.ex Education? / Why Are Some Women Harsh When They Fall Into Labor Especially With Their Hubby. / What Would You Do In This Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.