Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Great/famous People From Your State! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great/famous People From Your State! (71593 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / I Q of Famous People / Famous People From Nigeria By Adeola Aderounmu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Obiagu1(m): 4:47am On Feb 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Lagos has lots of famous ppl, and it's developing.

Anambra has a lot of famous ppl, why is it not developing as rapid as Lagos?

. . . because 1/3 of Anambrarians live in Lagos and help develop Lagos.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by aljharem11(m): 4:47am On Feb 18, 2011
PhysicsRND:

lol, "we"? Who had him?

is dele giwa from edo ?
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Obiagu1(m): 4:48am On Feb 18, 2011
@ PhysicsQED (or whatever last 3 letters), I know Edo is loaded though some of those on your list are not famous.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by aljharem11(m): 4:49am On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

. . . because 1/3 of Anambrarians live in Lagos and help develop Lagos.

help me tell them thank you for developing lagos for yorubas and abandoning our state for kidnappers angry angry angry
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by fstranger3(m): 4:49am On Feb 18, 2011
PhysicsRND:

lol, "we"? Who had him?

Yorubas, Specifically Osun state, ofcourse.

He was made in the SW, dont let me go further! grin

As a matter of fact, culturally, he is Yoruba cheesy

PS: Why did you skip Sophie Oluwole. I can claim her if you dont want her. She grew up in Ondo state though cool
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Ramon2: 4:50am On Feb 18, 2011
Onyeka Onwenu
Imo state

Igwe Achebe, Anambra state

Humphrey Nwosu (greatest ever INEC Chair)
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Ramon2: 4:51am On Feb 18, 2011
Ref Igietseme:

Are we also listing Nigerian professors abroad, many of whom have no name recognition even in their own states? In that case, we know where the thing tilts to
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by aljharem11(m): 4:52am On Feb 18, 2011
Ramon2:

Onyeka Onwenu
Imo state
#omongbati you are back
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by seanet02: 7:52am On Feb 18, 2011
Ramon2:

Onyeka Onwenu
Imo state

Igwe Achebe, Anambra state

Humphrey Nwosu (greatest ever INEC Chair)
you freaking hypocrite! You called somebody who cannot Defend the Decision of the people to vote whom they want into power just because he fears death. Tell me what the hell has humphrey achieved since he cave in to the sight of bullet of the jack boots
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by ekubear1: 8:00am On Feb 18, 2011
Always cracks me up how these jackasses think they are doing anyone a favor by "developing" someone else's state. As if you aren't making money doing it.

That sort of attitude deserves, as my folks would say, a dirty slap.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Kilode1: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2011
fstranger3:

Actually, you can have Dele Momodu, we dont want him any longer

fstranger3:

Yorubas, Specifically Osun state, ofcourse.

He was made in the SW, dont let me go further! grin

As a matter of fact, culturally, he is Yoruba cheesy

PS: Why did you skip Sophie Oluwole. I can claim her if you dont want her. She grew up in Ondo state though cool

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL grin grin

So, is this the Ethnic Draft of 2011?

Is Sophie Oluwole from Edo? I will give up OBJ for that Woman.

Carry on with the Ethnic Draft  cheesy
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by asha80(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2011
honeric01:

Edo state
Ego (renowned vocalist)
Joseph Iyobosa (Renowned SE defender)
Osaze Odewingie (Finest SE striker)
Yakubu Aiyegbeni (The best SE striker turned Defender)
Kadiri Ikhana (2 time CAF champions league winning coach with Enyimba FC)
Amodu Shuaibu (The only indeginous coach that has twice qualified Nigeria for the world cup)
Patrick Obaghiagbon (The Nigerian politics grammar rain maker of all time)
Julius Aghahowa (One time prolific SE striker)
Late Chief Anthony Enarhoro (One of the greatest Nigeria president that never ruled)

Coming with more names

The obasekis cool

The Edegbeis cool cool cool cool

are you talking about lagbaja's former vocalist?.Ego is from owerri in imo state.suprised no one saw that
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2011
alj harem1:

help me tell them thank you for developing lagos for yorubas and abandoning our state for kidnappers angry angry angry

LOL grin grin grin grin
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 18, 2011
Nairalanders, you people love to argue too much. Let people list what they want to first, haba
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by spyder880(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2011
Enugu state;
Jim Nwobodo
kenn Nnamani
Joe Nwodo
Okwy Nwodo
Chimaroke Nnamani
Evarist Odengene
Frank Nweke Jnr.
Ike Ekweremadu
CC Onoh
GB Onoh
Bianca Ojukwu
Hyde Onuaguluchi
Ogazi 1 of Achi
Julius Nnaji, Odezuluigbo III of Nike
Christian Chukwu
John Utaka
Patience Ozokwo (mama Gee)
Chiwetalu Agu
Nkem Owoh (osuoffiah)
John Okafor (Mr Ibu)
Flavour Nabania
Patty Obasi
Gentleman Mike Ejeagha
James Mamah (Ifesinachi transport)
Fabian Onyeishi (peace mass transit)
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by honeric01(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2011
asha 80:

are you talking about lagbaja's former vocalist?.Ego is from owerri in imo state.suprised no one saw that

Well in her interview on AIT, she said she's from Edo state, do you know her more than herself? she's Edo according to her, born in Edo but grew up partially in Lagos.

@Topic

Chief Oyuiki Obaseki (For singlehandled reviving our Nigeria premierleague, now we have 2 telecoms company fighting on who to sponsor the league with billions of naira being thrown around) cool
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by orbaxy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2011
Abia! emm emm emm Osisikankwo !!!!!   grin grin grin
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Guyman02: 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2011
orbaxy:

Abia! emm emm emm Osisikankwo !!!!! grin grin grin

You sure say your head correct/ grin grin grin
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Guyman02: 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2011
Kano State
Sani abacha
mohammed Abacha
Maitama Sule (Eloquent speaker of queens english)
Musa Dan Kwairo
Rabiu Kwankwaso
Ibrahim Shekarau
Isyaku Rabiu
Rabiu (designer of GM car)
etc
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by asha80(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2011
honeric01:

Well in her interview on AIT, she said she's from Edo state, do you know her more than herself? she's Edo according to her, born in Edo but grew up partially in Lagos.

@Topic

Chief Oyuiki Obaseki (For singlehandled reviving our Nigeria premierleague, now we have 2 telecoms company fighting on who to sponsor the league with billions of naira being thrown around) cool

she was not born in edo anything or has anything to do with edo.

i hope you are not confusing her with ESSENCE.she said she is from owerri in imo state in CHANNELS tv and TOP RADIO fm.do not be confused by her surname OGBARO.that is her husband's name.she is nee IHEANACHO.

Ego Ogbaro is from Imo State and she has an Ogun State- born mother and four siblings

http://vibes-extra..com/2010/09/ego-ogbaro-finally-steps-out-of.html

Ego Ihenacho is member of the Africano music band Lagbaja. Ego is a Nigerian singer. She was born in Imo state and has worked for over 10 years in the Lagbaja band. She sings a soaring solo in Lagbaja's song titled "Never Far Away" causing listeners to suggest she released a single or break out as a solo artist. She frequently goes on world tour with Lagbaja.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_Ihenacho

Ego, who hails from Imo State, has an Ogun State-born mother and four siblings. She attended schools in Aba and Lagos, but opted out of her Public Administration course at the Lagos State University because she had a flair for French

http://www.thenationallifeonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2388:lagbajas-ex-gal-ego-opens-up-on-past-love-life&catid=118:hi-life&Itemid=822

I’m from Imo State, my mother is from Ogun State. I have two brothers and two sisters. One nephew, one niece. I went to Nursery and Primary school in the East, Aba.

http://naijaside./2009/08/17/men-no-longer-see-me-as-sex-object%E2%80%99-ego-ogbaro/
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by manny4life(m): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2011
Oh wow, never knew Anambra/Ogun state had much famous people like this, I'm impressed.

Please when you list these names, we know they famous but can you people write a one or two line brief about the person;  reason why they are "particularly" great. That should help because I want to know more.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by DoubleN(m): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2011
This Ndubuisi Ekekwe fellow na fire!! shocked Check out his bio in the link below.
http://www.ted.com/profiles/bio/id/373125

Ndi Abia Kewnu!!! grin
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by hbrednic: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
ONDO STATE

JOE CORK
MR CORK no ofeinse grin grin grin
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by mrperfect(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2011
This is an interesting thread, at least to know who is who.
In all I salute Anambra state and their impact in Nigeria.
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by SOPRANO(m): 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2011
[/b] SOMEONE FINALLY CREATE A THREAD FOR BIGGOTS TO PRACTICE THEIR TRADE, lol grin grin, THIS IS SAD. I PITTY NIGERIA,  cry[b]
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2011
@jarus
dont forget to include "Lagbaja" real name Bisade Ologunde in your Kwara list. He is my hometown "Ijagbo".
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by olumyde5(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2011
Wao interesting post

Kanu is from "Anambla"
Onyeka Onwenu  is not from Imo Likewise

Kwara State
Dele Aiyenugba(Super Eagles No 2)
Olapade Adenekan (Reknowned Athlete)
Olumyde5 (First Fifa World Cup Winner for Nigeria)
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
etc etc
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by 10cirenoh: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2011
Osisikankwo? is that a name? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by olumyde5(m): 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2011
olumyde5:

Wao interesting post

Kanu is from "Anambla"
Onyeka Onwenu  is not from Imo Likewise

Kwara State
Dele Aiyenugba(Super Eagles No 2)
Olapade Adenekan (Reknowned Athlete)
Olumyde5 (First Fifa World Cup Winner for Nigeria)
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
etc etc

Chamillionaire (America Hi Hop Act) Akeem Seriki
Labaja
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by PhysicsRND(m): 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2011
Obiagu1:

@ PhysicsQED (or whatever last 3 letters), I know Edo is loaded though some of those on your list are not famous.

Yeah, but the title of this thread says Great/famous, not just famous. Take a look at Jarus' list, for example. How many of the people after number 6 on his list are nationally famous?

Take a look at the list Andre Uweh posted for Imo state:

Dee Sam Mbakwe.
Sylvester Ugo.
Rochas Okorocha.

Creg Mbadiwe
Ezekiel Izuogu
Charles Ugwu.
Charlie BOY Oputa.
Justice Oputa.
Flora Nwapa.
Dennis Ugwuegbu.
Sam Okparaji
Pat Ekeji.
John Chidozie.
Osta Iheme (of aki and pawpaw).
Emeka Rollas.
KANAYO kANAYO.
Saint Obi.
Alloy AGU.

Are the people in bold nationally famous, or just locally known? If it has to be nationally famous, then the lists might just be stocked full of  Nollywood actors and PDP politicians, not people who might be great in the sense I thought the thread was about.

In the list I posted, the people I posted who are not famous are Joe Igietseme, Friday Okonofua, E.U. Emovon, Kingsley Idehen, Johnson Edosomwan, Sunday Iyahen, Godwin Ekhaguere, and Julius Okojie. They are great, though. The other 24 on the list are known well beyond Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by 2dcore(f): 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2011
Another one from Ogun
Falilat Ogunkoya;first Nigerian to win an individual medal in the Olympics
Re: Great/famous People From Your State! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
Edo
Sophie Okonedo
Modupe Ozolua
Adams Oshiomole
Jim Carrey
Oprah Winfrey
Pele the footballer
Tom Cruise
Mahatma Gandhi
George Washington

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigerian Politicians Before And After Pictures (Throwback And Recent Photos) / 2023: Full List Of 13 Cleared APC Presidential Aspirants (Pictures) / Senate President Akpabio Pays Thank You Visit To Wike (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.