Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate (33929 Views)

How Buhari’s Earlier Plan To Sack Daura Was Thwarted — Presidency Source / How Lawal Daura Was Arrested / To Say That Lawal Daura Was Working For Saraki Today Doesn't Add Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2020
Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6064788/coronavirus-symptoms-mamman-daura-flown

An aide and close friend of Mamman Daura, Aminu Balele Kurfi, has said that the nephew to President Muhammadu Buhari travelled to London for routine medical check-up.

Mr Kurfi was reacting to reports Wednesday that Mr Daura was flown to the UK aboard a private jet after developing a serious medical condition suspected to be COVID-19-related.

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES Wednesday evening, Mr Kurfi said “the whole world saw Mallam Mamman Daura without any sign of illness on Tuesday when he attended the funeral prayer for late journalist, Wada Maida.”

He also said Mr Daura often travels for medical checks with his long-term doctors based in the United Kingdom.

“I was one of those who saw him off at the Airport and he called me when they landed in London this evening (yesterday),” he said.

He described reports of serious illness as inaccurate.

“At 80 years it is natural that he will from time to time undertake medical checks,” Mr Kurfi said.

He added that as a free citizen, Mr Daura is free to seek for medical services or opinion anywhere.

“If he were sick and the sickness is COVID-19, do you think UK authorities will allow him to travel there at this time?” he asked.

Nigeria had on March 23 suspended local and international flights to and from the country as one of the ways of curtailing the spread of coronavirus which has so far infected over 50,000 Nigerians and killed 985 of them.

While local flights resumed on July 8, international flights will only resume on August 29.

It is unclear why an exemption was made for Mr Daura to fly out of the country for routine medical tests.

Mr Kurfi, his associate, did not say, although many Nigerians are suggesting he got the special treatment because of his relationship with Mr Buhari.

Mr Daura, a powerful member of the president’s inner caucus, is believed to have huge influence on the president and his administration.

Mr Kurfi also said Mr Daura is being targeted by a section of the media for freely expressing his opinion regarding the 2023 election.

The President’s nephew had in a recent BBC interview urged Nigerians to deemphasize the rotation of the nation’s presidential office between the north and south of the country. He said the country should rather place competence over power rotation.

Mr Daura, a northerner, spoke at a time many Nigerians are pushing that the presidency should be conceded to the South when Mr Buhari completes his tenure in 2023.

He was widely criticized for that opinion with many Nigerians suggesting he was laying the foundation for the north to hold on to the presidency beyond Mr Buhari’s tenure.

“What is wrong in advising that Nigerians should go for competence and not necessarily where one comes from in electing leaders?

“There are competent leaders in all the regions of the country and democracy has now developed to a situation whereby anyone being elected must be on the basis of what they have to offer and not where they come from,” Mr Kurfi said.

He said some of the people “trying to bring down the government by advocating for a revolution were on the ballot during the last election but could not win their state, local government, ward or even polling unit, so they are now resorting to call for violence. Can they be allowed to do that in any other country?”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/409843-why-mamman-daura-travelled-to-london-associate.html

1 Like

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by politicsng: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Routine medical check up in Covid 19 facility. Continue

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by flyingpig: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2020
May God perfect all he has started

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by SmartProf(m): 11:48am On Aug 20, 2020
They will soon tell us he went to the UK to complete his medicals as a new signing for Manchester City.

162 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by SmartProf(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2020
flyingpig:
May God perfect all he has started
Since God is not known to abandon any of His projects.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by gambia(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2020
Tell that to your gullible followers.

28 Likes

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2020
SmartProf:

Since God is not known to abandon any of His projects.

What's now the project? grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by SweetJoystick(m): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2020
But ever lying presidency say na business trip

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2020
gambia:
Tell that to your gullible followers, how did he get to London at first, group of jokers.

He was flown, but the argument is that he wasn't flown to UK due to Covid-19 symptoms

2 Likes

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by SmartProf(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2020
Iamdemola:

What's now the project? grin
My bro if I mention am, Oga Lai go collect me N5m.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 20, 2020
That na chikini money now, you suppose fit pay 10m sef! grin
Talk am jo, let's shame the devil
SmartProf:

My bro if I mention am, Oga Lai go collect me N5m.

6 Likes

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by SmartProf(m): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
Iamdemola:
That na chikini money now, you suppose fit pay 10m sef! grin
Talk am jo, let's shame the devil
Bro, dem don off my mic from control room grin.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by jericco1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
International flight never resume normal oga don fly go do check up. Why can't you people bring the standard of medical care and facilities you enjoy over there to your own country.. dem swear for una? undecided undecided

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by gurunlocker: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
Na today dem dey lie? grin

Routine medical check-up? Have they opened the airport for international flight?

At least they didn't deny he was flown out.... grin grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Racoon(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
The truth will surely be reveal soon but for now let the lying continue.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by EyezofGod120: 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
grin I pray make wetin I dey think happen to him o

7 Likes

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by handsomeyinka(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
If his condition wasn't serious,why can't he wait till August 29 before travelling.

Baba @80 still dey run for death?...

MAKE BABA PARK AND GO JOOR.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Samsimple(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by YUSTECH3(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
if u are in buying cards in bulk pls message or call 07065595776
Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by datola: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
And some simps will castigate SaharaReporters for exposing exposing these people. You people should respect Sowore for first hand information.

My Cuppy/Kurphy welldone.

1 Like

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by philipstanley(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by chrisxxx(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
Kurfi and Nnamdi who do we believe?
Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Kingpele(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nawa Sahara reporter self, I use to take u guys serious but not anymore since you guys have decided to be partisan and a stable shurning out fake news consistently... Whether covid19 or ordinary medical check up, is none of my business, all I pray is for God to uproot every life of politicians and public servants that are stealing our yams

2 Likes

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by allanphash7(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
K
Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Wuuworld(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
No peace for the wicked
The earth can no longer stomach the wickedness of men like him

1 Like

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by obasi101(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Story story...... Storrrrrrrrrryyyyyy!!!!! grin
Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by tPrymHorizon: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Beverlyjean(f): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lies....that guy just graduated from lai Mohammed school of lies

1 Like

Re: Why Mamman Daura Was Flown To UK - Aminu Balele Kurfi, Associate by Esanboy111(m): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
It will not pass you by sir, you must collect your share

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order / Femi Gbajabiamila's First Day At Work (Photos) / Buhari & Tyranny : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri! See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.