Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches (53185 Views)

Peter Obi: Social Media Cannot Control Voice Of Prophecy - Fr Mbaka / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Gabriel99: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dreal1247:
This is one way through which strange practices could be imported into the body of Christ. A canal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit. The Christian body needs to write the presidency as well as the law makers.

I agree. It's not the CAMA that's my issue, it's the motive behind it.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by leofab(f): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
Marine54:
Anyone that's involved in making this laws will certainly pay for it, accept it is withdraw, irrespective of tribe, and religion. GOD CAN NOT BE MOCKED! Matt 6:7✓
only if his existence and power exists beyond your thoughts and wishes.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
leofab:
if wishes were horses.
Meaning?
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by leofab(f): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Stop using big big English to communicate daft ideas.

Govt is a system where individuals are entrusted with power to manage what the people share in common. Their is no human being that isn't entitled to meddle with govt happenings. People didn't vote pastors to ministry they vote politicians to power and so have right to ask politicians to improve. Ministers (Men of God) on the other hand are called by God and it is up to you to accept them or not. It is cataclysmically stúpid to try and stand as a third party in the relationship between members and church leadership.
let the church and it’s people move to the heaven.. this is nigeria and all organizations must be regulated by the government.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by obonujoker(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
leofab:
let the church and it’s people move to the heaven.. this is nigeria and all organizations must be regulated by the government.

You cannot regulate the church... Even the Romans didn't regulate the temple of the Jews, but we'll I'm not surprised, the Antichrists are much these days anyways....
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by BRASH: 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

The churches brought this upon themselves.

There are many muslim communities just like Zakzaky group in North. They mind their business and never get involved in govt issues. Zakyzaky stays in govt business all the time. Thats why he is in trouble now.

Jonathan set a bad precedence when he will have these pastors meddling govt business. They got too comfortable and started commenting on what govt is doing or not doing. When you are a tax exempt organization, stay away from govt the best you can. Put a long distance between you and govt. Govt has all the rules and ways to fvk up anyone, if they choose to. These churches did same thing Zakyzaky did, started fvkng with govt. So now govt wants to fcvk with them too. Its unfortunate but its reality.

There is a pastor in America called Pastor Dollar or something like that. He used to condemn govt and live large and flaunt. One of their legislators got on his case and wanted to probe him and his church. The Pastor got the message at that point.

If CAMA can bring out same result in Nigerian pastors it will be great. The money they waste on acquiring jets and building for-profit private institutions should be better used in promoting wellbeing and supporting needs of communities and people. At the end of it people benefit when churches come to their aid in time of distress and need.
Your opinion made no sense at all. The church is there to protect the interest if it's members. The church members are Nigerians and they have every right to comment on government policies because it affects them too. Be open minded.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by martineverest(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
edoairways:

Churches are their targets, oga open your eyes
I know....but our pastors are becoming powerful and getting away with some weird acts especially financial aspects and politics
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by emmnprince(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
eagleu:

Even the devil himself can quote the Bible.

No one is disputing that fact!
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by mabea: 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Way to go
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
Truvel:
Meaning?

Meaning your wishful thinking has no heels to run and change the law!

The National Assembly (comprising Christians and Muslims) have decided upon what will happen in Nigeria. When this same government asked everyone to stay at home without a penny, when they promised to pay NEPA, when the promised to supply food and all failed, where was CAN?
Isn't it their own pockets they were agitating for?

So it's now that the same government wants to know how much they're making so as to make use of it instead of borrow borrow, you're now thinking God will fire them shey? cheesy

My friend if you're a Nigerian, know now that the elected members of the ruling class have spoken so let the law takes its course! wink

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by harbarzzy(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/can-rejects-cama-says-govt-cannot-control-churches/
he don done...open a savings account with Gtbank..just dial *737*0*3148# to start..no bvn, no worry!
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by mabea: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
techmo:
cool

Nonsense and ingredient... So CAN wants to tell us there are no Christians out of the over 400 National Assembly Lawmakers during the first and second reading, or the Public hearing of the bill

I

The lawmakers are not there to represent the church but their people
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
mabea:
The lawmakers are not there to represent the church but their people

So the church is not part of the people upon whom they were elected to make and implement laws shey? cheesy
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by VULCAN(m): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Oga, I'm referring to regulations.

Nobody's freedom is more important than Legal Regulations.

When last did you hear that CAN closed a church or recommended that a church should be closed down.

As far as you pay your dues, you can open Church of Satan and they will keep collecting your money.

edoairways:

ICAN is different from CAN. The latter is bound by freedom while the former isn't

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by NSK4U(m): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2020

Is CAN the only faith that would be involved in this case? The answer is No.

they have failed in their responsibility and are only fixated on money which is never used to better the society. he tasked govt to provide infrastructure, employment, health services etc, without thinking that if she(CAN) also engages in providing those demands, it would reduce societal unrest, crimes and so on.

CAN doesn't believe in the development of society through religious institutions but the responsibility of govt alone, yet she generates enough to assist. I think they should stop appealing to people's emotions by using sacred names which they too don't follow their footsteps. Unlike some key members of CAN who use money generated from religious institutions to buy jets, live in flamboyance and build institutions that the poor masses would still not be able to benefit from, Christ while on earth had many donations and gifts but he ensured everything returned to the poor masses who were not so richly blessed, I think CAN should emulate Christ's lifestyle if she wants govt to take her serious.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by mabea: 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
martineverest:
I know....but our pastors are becoming powerful and getting away with some weird acts especially financial aspects and politics
The Pastors are not getting away with anything. In fact nobody is compelled to do anything in the church against his will. I still wonder why people keep fighting against the church thinking they are speaking out against the Pastors. By the way do you know how many Pastors we have in Nigeria, some of them cant even pay their children's school fees yet we choose to ostracise them because of a few who are up there.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by egoldman(m): 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
seunmsg:
Rejecting the new law in the media won't have any effect. The new CAMA is now a law that must be complied with by all afeected parties. If CAN feels that the law violates the fundamental and constitutional right of its members, they should go ahead and challenge the legality of the law in a court of competent jurisdiction. Anything other than that is just empty noise.

Please shut up and stop supporting tyranny, how do you see a government that want to remove trustees of an institution that is not political? If the youths of your village come together and form an association , should government have the right remove the leaders of such association ?

I personally don't like the way church finances are handled in Nigeria, but this is the most wrong way to deal with church excesses.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by pquaver(m): 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Brandstudio01:
So who controls the Church is now more important than dozens of needs pressing the nation and it's citizens?

What could really be wrong with black man?

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

Churches and mosque finances need to be regulated.. I wonder how we always want to run to West worlds but if the process of how the got to where they are, are being implemented you begin to cry foul.. How do you want to get there? by magic? Or u think does countries didn't work or suffer to be where they are?

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by edoairways: 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
VULCAN:
Oga, I'm referring to regulations.

Nobody's freedom is more important than Legal Regulations.

When last did you hear that CAN closed a church or recommended that a church should be closed down.

As far as you pay your dues, you can open Church of Satan and they will keep collecting your money.

Oga I still stick to what I said. CAN doesn't regulate it's members whereas ICAN does.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by edoairways: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
martineverest:
Yeah! But the issue is who appoints or dissolve a trustee in a church?
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by asamaigho(m): 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
martineverest:
it's not only churches the law affect...mosques and charitable organizations are also affected..besides,the law is similar to what they have in Europe and america

so wen did europe and america become a standard for nigeria?
i guess we should also legalize gay marriage aswell na, since according to "THEY HAVE SIMILAR LAWS IN EUROO AND AMERICA"
i really wonda wen d black man will have sense.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Meaning your wishful thinking has no heels to run and change the law!

The National Assembly (comprising Christians and Muslims) have decided upon what will happen in Nigeria. When this same government asked everyone to stay at home without a penny, when they promised to pay NEPA, when the promised to supply food and all failed, where was CAN?
Isn't it their own pockets they were agitating for?

So it's now that the same government wants to know how much they're making so as to make use of it instead of borrow borrow, you're now thinking God will fire them shey? cheesy

My friend if you're a Nigerian, know now that the elected members of the ruling class have spoken so let the law takes its course! wink
There Is A Limit Dey Can Go With Their Laws Abt Christian, If Dey Go Beyond Their Limits, Den U Would See D Other Side Of God. I Know What I'm Saying.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by cejaypriesty(m): 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
H
seunlayi:
Govt can control churches. Can should shut up
You need wisdom
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by asamaigho(m): 6:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
martineverest:
the law says non profit organizations...which includes churches,mosques,charity etc....why aren't these CAN People complaining about our government excepting them from paying tax while in USA and Europe churches pay tax..this new law is similar to what they have in Europe and USA

lies...churches are exempted from paying tax in d usa.
stop being clever by a quarter.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Dilison(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Government of the Day should be apply wisdom , Take off their Hands from the Church and not make Mockery of themselves..

It's Unbiblical! Unscriptural , Demonic , Occultic and Satanic..

The Presidency should be well advised! You don't Start a War you Cannot Finish.

It's Foolishness to think or try in any Form to Fight against the Church of God.

It Foolishness to start a Fight against your Creator.

It Does not End Well...

Haman Tried it
Pharoah Tried it
Nebuchadnezzar Tried it..

We are Still in the Seasons of Judgement. Many Have Gone!

Any Mere Creature that Tries will Go like Others..

Their plans will not work

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Goldencheese(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Seun:
There are many other terrible things in that law.

Very many terrible things. The Act will be amended, you'll see.
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by akdjr(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
I am waiting for law that will abolish religion .
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by CaptainFM1: 7:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
In
IamSalt:
I just forget wetin I wan talk immediately I remember dey fine for hate speech.

I can't breathe. I can't talk. I'm gagged!
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by Dilison(m): 7:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=MosheDayan post=93029502][/quote /]It will not work
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by olajide8(m): 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Omooba77:

Those that brought religion to us still charge taxes on the activities of these people the black man is wicked once it affects them personally they shout they question they refuse nonsense thieves everywhere - lawlessness walking all over
Re: CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches by eodavids(m): 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Omooba77:

The heterogeneous nature of Nigerians religiously, is one reason this law is not a perfect one.

WE ARE ENJOINED TO GIVE TO GOD WHAT BELONGS TO GOD, and to Ceaser, what belongs to Ceaser.
Is Ceaser now interested in going further to demand for what belongs to God?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Thailand: Villagers Worship Calf With 2 Heads After Its Owner Wins Lottery / White Demon Worshippers Trying To Spread Ebola Using Witchcraft / Pastor Adeboye: Restructure Or Risk Breakup Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.