Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita (37560 Views)

West Africa Leaders Say Mali Junta Must Name A President By September 15 / Mali Junta Frees President Keita a Week After His Arrest / Omar Al-Bashir Arrested, Coup Plotters Announce Two-year Military Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by olaniyilukman(m): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
kingreign:
If military rule will make things work for them, I am totally in support of it. If democratic rule will not work, I'd kick against it. It's high time we stopped copying the Western world and do something that will work well for us by charting a new course in our continent and country's own growth part. Democracy isn't working for most W. African countries truth be told.
Bro, leave all those hypocrite people alone, democracy don't work for Africans, our leaders have been exploiting us for years and it seems there is no solution in sight... May God deliver us
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by RPG2020(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
GODSENT252:
thank you sir. At least i am not stealing

You get phone if not I for buy you one Nokia 3310
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Bimpe29: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
The guys in khaki want to have a taste of corrupt practices as well. grin
3 years for what nah?
They'll be taken by surprise even before 1 year of military transition.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by GODSENT252: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
RPG2020:

You get phone if not I for buy you one Nokia 3310
lol,i get phone sir. I just need android
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by gregyboy(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
Kubernetes:

If the type of democracy we have in Nigeria is our solution,I will rather subscribe to Communism.See how china is rising to Alfa Centauri.

So it is only China you're seeing...... You supporting military equate you have little knowledge on politics, how you're just too irritational......

Please delete that idea from your mind of military rule, and stop calling fellow citizen like you bloody civilians, because those soldiers would be take on by any citizen if they have arms

Please just read more
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by grandlexuz(m): 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Like this? Making poor parents wait for their kids to send money to eat? No benefits, nothing, is life in Nigeria worth living, killings, kidnappings, murders, massacre, in military regime, Bokoharam won’t survive, you know ? Bandits won’t survive. Democracy is not for Africans especially west Africans. Black are too stubborn

Mali once had a military dictator for 20 years who was ousted by another military dictator when things became unbearable. This is Mali's fourth millitary coup and none of it has improved the life of the common man nor earadicate the alqaeda backed Tuareg rebeIs of the north. I can give you the names of atleast fifteen African countries that were rubbished by millitary regimes. Many of such dictators ended up in exile after being forced out by civilian uprising or another millitary coup.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by planetx: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
I posted here after the coup was announced that he will just be replaced by another power drunk leader who will promise to leave within a year but will ended up ruling for 30 years until he himself is overthrown.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by gregyboy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
Excuses:

Guy calm down!what has civilian rule done if not harm!

[s]Obasanjo brought-Efcc,Cct,Dstv,mobile tele-communication.common good water & electricity me nd u no get
YAr'Adua -Nddc, 7 point agenda
Good Luck -13 point agenda, 6 federal universities,boko-haram,chibog girls e.t.c
Buhari-Fake and empty promises,N-power,Corruption,Bandits,Kidnapping,insecurity..everything worst..

The great ABU,UI,UNN- were all build during the military era
The entire road net-work connecting the country from state to state were constructed during military era
Naira was strong against the dollar
There was no boko-haram & bandits.
Most major institutions agencies,parastatals were build into place..
Operation feed the nation,Green revolution etc

Mention to me the biggest strides civilian rule has brought us[/s]!

Erase this it is pointless,

If you insist then i will force my self to brief you why all you wrote up there is rubbish,
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by rdokoye: 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
kingreign:
If military rule will make things work for them, I am totally in support of it. If democratic rule will not work, I'd kick against it. It's high time we stopped copying the Western world and do something that will work well for us by charting a new course in our continent and country's own growth part. Democracy isn't working for most W. African countries truth be told.

So uneducated people can run a country better than educated people? According to you? Seeing as there's no ethical difference between the two, both civilian and military are corrupt, don't you think it makes sense to have people who know how to run an economy, running an economy. As opposed to people who are trained to kill, trying to write policies, and stimulate economic growth?
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by rdokoye: 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
ideabuilder:
I want this for Nigeria.

How old are you 15? The Nigerian military collapsed the entire Nigerian economy by 1997. Why would you want to go back to that? A period when Nigeria had an economy smaller than present day Ghana? Where 90%+ of the population lived in poverty. When the only things Nigerians aspired to do, was leave the nation. A period when Nigeria had nothing, no cities, no infrastructure development...nothing.

You need to get off the "get rich quick" mindset, and understand development takes time. It took the Western World over 220 years to build the societies you all love to flee too.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by kingreign(m): 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
rdokoye:

So uneducated people can run a country better than educated people? According to you? Seeing as there's no ethical difference between the two, both civilian and military are corrupt, don't you think it makes sense to have people who know how to run an economy, running an economy. As opposed to people who are trained to kill, trying to write policies, and stimulate economic growth?

How many of your democratically elected politicians are educated?
Even the few that are educated, what impact have they left or are they making? This is the problem I have with you pro-educationists (sic). It's not about qualifications most times, it's about who's got genuine interest and knows very much about situations of things happening and knows how to find solutions to these challenges.

By the way, I am also highly educated with quite a number of degrees and certifications.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by goldmatrix(m): 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
There has never been any development in any country in Africa with military in power. You might want to ask if Nigeria is developed with democracy of over 20yrs+. Well Nigeria is cursed.
Nigeria development has defiled both military and civilian rules. A proven option still remains "dead penalty" left, right and center.

Mali will now be growing backwards. Just watch.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by rdokoye: 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
deepwater:
Beautiful !!!!

For those kids quoting me, let it be know today that all the mega projects and infrastructure Nigeria have was executed in the military regimes.

Your civilisation and democracy did nothing in Nigeria apart from empowering their friends and family.

1999 till date is greater than 1960 to 1998
You have sold larger crude oil for more monetary value in the former than the latter which bridges up the gap in time value for money.

Your country human resources is far better in this your 1999 period till date than the 1960 - 1999 period

So what are ur excuses for not performing better?
The military outshined your civilisation, it is bitter but the truth
Quote me and discuss intelligently

There's nothing to quote. The Nigerian economy retracted over the period of 1960 - 1999. Nigeria had a Per Capita income of $10,000 in 1960, by 1999, it was $900. Nigerians were 900% poorer after 30%+ years of military governance.

What infrastructure projects are you talking about? Most of Nigeria's infrastructure was built in the last 20 years. Nigeria was a heavily indebted country by 1999, owing over $20 billion dollars, with a GDP no larger than Ghana today, with over 120 million people in it. Imagine if Ghana (today) had a population of 120 million. That's how bad the situation in Nigeria was.

The military only gave the nation over to civilians, because Nigeria was on the brink of total collapse.

It boggles the mind how anyone can rationalise that a nation is better run by trained killers than actual educated people.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by rdokoye: 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

Only few people are corrupt in military rule, the Head of State, Governors, administrators, contractors e.t.c.
In democratic rule the corrupt people are many because they want to eat the national cake. They include the president, vp, Governors, senators, house of reps, State House of assembly, LG Chairmen, secretive civil servants, ghost workers. PA's, Commissioners, ministers, contractors e.t.c

Military governments operate like fiefdoms, where the Military head has absolutely power over the country, and thus, no accountability. That's why Abacha was able to steal so much money. How can you build a country without accountability? It's systems that create great nations, not autocratic rule.

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by rdokoye: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
goldmatrix:
There has never been any development in any country in Africa with military in power. You might want to ask if Nigeria is developed with democracy of over 20yrs+. Well Nigeria is cursed.
Nigeria development has defiled both military and civilian rules. A proven option still remains "dead penalty" left, right and center.

Mali will now be growing backwards. Just watch.

The issue with Nigeria is government structure. Change the structure to suit the populace, and all the problems dissipate.

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by rdokoye: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
The Malian population will be dead in 3 years time anyway. Mali has been suspended from ECOWAS and it's land and sea borders are blocked. It'll take a miracle for the country to survive that long.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by kingreign(m): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
rdokoye:

[s]There's nothing to quote. The Nigerian economy retracted over the period of 1960 - 1999. Nigeria had a Per Capita income of $10,000 in 1960, by 1999, it was $900. Nigerians were 900% poorer after 30%+ years of military governance.

What infrastructure projects are you talking about? Most of Nigeria's infrastructure was built in the last 20 years. Nigeria was a heavily indebted country by 1999, owing over $20 billion dollars, with a GDP no larger than Ghana today, with over 120 million people in it. Imagine if Ghana (today) had a population of 120 million. That's how bad the situation in Nigeria was.

The military only gave the nation over to civilians, because Nigeria was on the brink of total collapse.

It boggles the mind how anyone can rationalise that a nation is better run by trained killers than actual educated people.[/s]
Fallacies.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by atiku07(m): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
this guys dont need all these yeye protocol ecomog should just draft troop and go in there just like gambia kawai! imagine saying they need three years it is obvious they want to chop and just used the advantage of the president misbehaving
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by gregyboy(m): 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Unified07:
Military rule is better all the infrastructures we have in this country was laid down by the military rule

Shut up, 16yrs old boy
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by indoorlove(m): 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
samsard:
When has military rule ever worked? They're just as corrupt as the civilians. Build stronger institutions instead of placing the soldiers above the constitution. It's only Africans that can't make anything work and will complain about copying the west as a problem.
Sorry, how do you build stronger institution with the type of leaders we have in Africa. In short mention one strong institution that is completely corrupt free in any Africa state.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Kubernetes: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
gregyboy:

So it is only China you're seeing...... You supporting military equate you have little knowledge on politics, how you're just too irritational......

Please delete that idea from your mind of military rule, and stop calling fellow citizen like you bloody civilians, because those soldiers would be take on by any citizen if they have arms

Please just read more

Bro, learn to always comprehend.
I did not subscribe to military rule.I only talked down our brand of democracy in Africa which is not yielding the necessary result and always characterized by rigging, corrupt leaders, embezzlement.We need to craft out our own type of democracy since the we are practicing is not developing us.How about Parliamentary system which will make the federating units or regions compete for development.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by InvertedHammer: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
grandlexuz:

He is entitled to his opinion. Reasoning out of reason doesn't make him a rocket scientist. However I can accurately say you know not the story of coups and the brutality of millitary regimes in Africa.
/
How old are you?

Please educate me on the beauty of "democracy" in Africa considering what happened in Nigeria(OBJ-Buhari), Cameroun(Biya), Gambia (Jammeh) and Zimbabwe (Mugabe)as case studies.

Political recycling is not democracy.

/
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Cantshout: 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
This may be replayed in Nigeria by the northerners if care is not taken. They will prefer to arrange this than release power to the south. Even in Mali, all na arrangee embarassed
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by rummmy: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
etibaba:
This should be frowned at, if the coup is allowed to stand other African countries will be encouraged to follow same route.
most African countries needs this at this point.
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Mryacks: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
kingreign:

Truth be told...as painful as it is

1 Like

Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Ayobami7(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
Na wa ooo
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Jeamillz2020(m): 6:39am On Aug 25, 2020
This my wish � for Nigeria �� I swear
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by emmy3k(m): 7:40am On Aug 25, 2020
Offpoint:
If you're a professional photographer, kindly quote me with your whatsapp number. I have a business proposal for you.

Indicate your location please.

Ondo
Re: Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita by Bestbeelieve: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2020

No, it is because people don't take their responsibilities under a democratic rule serious.

when something is right? you dont need to tell anyone to be responsible to fall in line.....look at the countries where things work, There are always checks and balances independent of govt interference but here as in many places...its obviously ''he who appoints the piper who dictates the tune''

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Idriss Deby, Chad’s President, Unhappy With Nigeria’s Military / Russia Vs Ukraine: President Putin Ready To Negotiate / Russia-Ukraine War: Mercedes-benz To Leave Russia, Sells $2b Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.