Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State (84528 Views)

3 Nigerian Men To Be Extradicted To US For Sexual Extortion Of A 17-Year-Old Boy / Man Accused Of Drugging, Raping And Impregnating A Teenage Girl In Abuja. Photos / Man From Edo Accused Of Impregnating A Goat, Forced To Have Sex With The Goat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by lekanolas: 11:24am On Aug 25, 2020
Unless three different surgeries are urgently conducted on the left leg of Ledesi Kote, a 19-year-old boy who was shot by a police officer for impregnating a girl, according to doctors ,the young man may lose the leg to amputation.

According to Kote, the father of the victim, He was in his compound in K. Dere community in Gokana local government area of Rivers State on Friday, August 21, 2020, around 7am, when a Sienna drove into his compound with about four armed police men.

“They went straight to my son’s room door and were banging and cocking guns. I approached them to inquire from them what my son did wrong that they were looking for him, but none of them answered me. It was one of them who angrily told me that my son impregnated a girl.”.

According to the victim’s father, the next thing he heard from the backyard of his house was a gunshot.

He said one of the officers shot his son on the leg simply because he impregnated a girl and went away with him, while he was bleeding profusely and hid him in a private hospital.

Comrade Karl Uchegbu, South-South Zonal Chairman of Civil Liberties Organizations quoted an unnamed human rights activist in the area as stating that, he and other lovers of justice took the father to the Rivers State Police Command headquarters on Moscow road in Port Harcourt, where an official complaint was laid down about what their officers did to an innocent boy, whose only crime was because he impregnated a girl.

Our Correspondent learnt that arrangements were made for the immediate transfer of the victim from the village to a better government owned hospital in Port Harcourt.

Another activist who witnessed the incident regretted that, ”until now, the officer who did this is yet to take full responsibility of the medications. The doctor said the victim will have to undergo three different surgeries or else he might be amputated. We want justice for this boy. It could be me or you tomorrow”.

At the time of filing this report, the Rivers State Police Command headquarters is yet to react to the incident, especially the allegation that a Police Officer shot a boy.

http://newsday.com.ng/police-shoot-19-year-old-in-rivers-community-for-impregnating-a-girl/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Nbotee(m): 11:27am On Aug 25, 2020
Whixh kind country b dis? Since wen is impregnating a gal a criminal offence punishing by gunshot?

321 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Ahmed0336(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2020
Nbotee:
Whixh kind country b dis? Since wen is impregnating a gal a criminal offence punishing by gunshot?

maybe the lady is related to one of the officers and the act should be condemned

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by crestedaguiyi: 11:33am On Aug 25, 2020
everyday another story of police brutality

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by DaddyRochie1642: 11:35am On Aug 25, 2020
KPEKUS has put this one in trouble grin grin

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by FullnessofJoy: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:48am On Aug 25, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
KPEKUS has put this one in trouble grin grin
madam the girl wasn't raped and besides if he was to be ur bro will you use the smiling Emoji ?

292 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 25, 2020
How can dis one be 19 angry
Person wey go be like 24 sad

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by LifeOfTrigga(m): 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
This is why I always ask any girl I woo, the type of job her father is doing before I go bleep her Cos me I like to Dey send wrong inbox wella

17 Likes

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Mayng01(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Crazy police! Impregnating! Consensual! Not repe! Why shoot him! Ah! I tire o!

6 Likes

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Samsimple(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
Na wa for this country ohhhhhhh

2 Likes

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Samsimple(m): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nbotee:
she is a minor, so it's probably a criminal offence. But the police shooting the young man is just pure wickedness. May God save us from Nigeria police. Police is your friend undecided

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Nbotee(m): 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Samsimple:
she is a minor, so it's probably a criminal offence. But the police killing the young man is just pure wickedness. May God save us from Nigeria police. Police is your friend undecided

Impregnating a minor a criminal offence? In which country? In dis same country dat 11, 12 and 13 year olds are married off as brides?

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Samsimple(m): 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nbotee:

Impregnating a minor a criminal offence? In which country? In dis same country dat 11, 12 and 13 year olds are married off as brides?
oga 17 na minor for nigeria ohh.. those ones wey marry for 12 and 13 na their own be that ohhhhhhhh

Meanwhile, I'll design a professional logo and flyer for your business at an affordable price

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by austine4real(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
angry sad angry
Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
I have nothing to say since their recruitment is ongoing

8 Likes

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by CharleyGold: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
Well that one no follow at all. The shooting is very unnecessary, though we don't know how cruel the boy might have been to the girl.

Because people can be very wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by dre11(m): 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
God bless you lala
Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by nairavsdollars(f): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
That's crazy

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Slawormir: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

And them come still shoot am for close range

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by directonpc(m): 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
Crime solved!
RIP to the dead.
Devil punish the killer.

Edit: Oops! Off target. Quick recovery to the injured and crime not solved.

As for Devil, leave the shooter for now.
Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by IYANGBALI: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
God na which kind jungle be this?
Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
angry... Hope the shooter will be responsible for the pregnancy now undecided undecided... Mumu ppl

4 Likes

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by millionboi2: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
Funny
Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by GboyegaD(m): 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
The Nigerian police is just so useless.

5 Likes

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by MrPsalmist(m): 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
Zoo
Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by inumidun2010(m): 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
His third LEG has Cost him one of his LEGS...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by deepwater(f): 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
He got shot for shooting his shot

It is finished

undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by Perfecttouchade: 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
How much Dem wan sell dis kontiri sef

1 Like

Re: Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State by sammuell(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Things are getting 4ucked up day by day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Clement Asuquo Caught Celestine Umeh In Bed With His Wife, Gets Framed Up - SR / UK Police Officers Had Sex With Women While On Duty / Gun Hidden Inside Bread, Man From ONUIMO LGA, IMO Caught By Security Operative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.