Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook (3671 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / What Will Be Your Reaction If Your Wife-to-be Does This... / Did I Use Her As A Rebound Just Because The Relationship Lasted Two Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by taosola(m): 12:00am On Feb 20, 2011
Hello fellow Nairalanders, this issue just ensued between me and my cousin. He maintained that a responsible house wife should not use facebook and if, in case, she does, she MUST NOT put her real pictures on her profile not alone in any facebook photo albums.

His justification is that facebook provides an avenue for infidelity and different types of indecencies. To him therefore, a responsible married woman should abstain from using her pictures on facebook. Instead of her real pictures, he maintained, she should rather put that of her children.

I argued that facebook is not meant for all the indecencies and atrocities he claimed it to be but rather, it is just a mere social network where old friends can easily hook one another and where you can have new friends as well and share opinions on many burning issues. And if someone does not use her real pics, then it MIGHT be difficult for some of her friends to distinguish her from possible multiple results of same names and same data of users.

I equally argued that many people might not be facebook users and yet be more guilty of infidelities and other social vices. To me, I believe that it depends on the state of mind.

Please kindly tell us your opinion on this issue. Should a married woman join facebook OR not? And if she does, is anything wrong with putting her real pictures on her profile OR not? Your opinion counts!

Thanks!
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Osama10(m): 12:29am On Feb 20, 2011
taosola:

Hello fellow Nairalanders, this issue just ensued between me and my cousin. He maintained that a responsible house wife should not use facebook and if, in case, she does, she MUST NOT put her real pictures on her profile not alone in any facebook photo albums.

His justification is that facebook provides an avenue for infidelity and different types of indecencies. To him therefore, a responsible married woman should abstain from using her pictures on facebook. Instead of her real pictures, he maintained, she should rather put that of her children.

I argued that facebook is not meant for all the indecencies and atrocities he claimed it to be but rather, it is just a mere social network where old friends can easily hook one another and where you can have new friends as well and share opinions on many burning issues. And if someone does not use her real pics, then it MIGHT be difficult for some of her friends to distinguish her from possible multiple results of same names and same data of users.

I equally argued that many people might not be facebook users and yet be more guilty of infidelities and other social vices. To me, I believe that it depends on the state of mind.

Please kindly tell us your opinion on this issue. Should a married woman join facebook OR not? And if she does, is anything wrong with putting her real pictures on her profile OR not? Your opinion counts!

Thanks!

Agreed its a social networking site but the kind of things some of these so called married women do there is appalling.

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by againstGEJ(m): 12:30am On Feb 20, 2011
whats wrong with that?
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Atreides(f): 12:31am On Feb 20, 2011
Whoever wants to be unfaithful will be unfaithful,facebook or not. If you say don't join fb so you don't cheat on me,she'll just go ahead and sleep with her neighbor or someone instead if she really wants to cheat.
And warrahell is he will not allow her to join fb? So she needs his permission to do so? Wtf?
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by MrsChima(f): 12:32am On Feb 20, 2011
I share a facebook account with my husband.  I do not see anything wrong with married women having a facebook page.  If she is showing her wiles and soliciting dicks via Facebook.  It is not facebook issues, but it the wife's issue and the husband need to deal with that.  

Facebook is not responsible for idiocy.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by SisiKill1: 12:33am On Feb 20, 2011
I guess it's safe to assume she's Mai Kule and she never leaves the house because that's the only way he makes any sense.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by naijafrend: 12:48am On Feb 20, 2011
OP,
I have to agree to your side of the argument. These social networking sites are being used by majority  for reconnecting with long lost friends and relatives. As is the case with every technology, it is indeed sad to see that this medium is also being misused.

Tell your cousin that if a woman has such a trait, she will cheat- with or without the help of a social network. Centuries ago, wives who were covered from head to toe, never allowed to go out on their own, never even allowed to talk to outsiders have cheated on their husbands ! Which site is to be blamed in those cases ?

Bottom line, being a housewife should not stop someone from joining these sites, provided her intentions are right.

Having said that, I'd suggest she uses only family pics or pics with kids. Women in general should also make sure you accept only friend requests from people you know very well -just to keep those wolves at bay.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by ShyOne(f): 12:56am On Feb 20, 2011
I deleted my facebook account after about 6 months of joining - I noticed that men were coming on to me and though I made it clear that I had a man - they didn't care and even got abusive.

If I rejoin Facebook it will be after I marry and I can put photos of both of us on my account - The advances of the different men - white and black was sending the wrong message to my family, clients and friends.

I even had a few guys that were angry once my status changed from single to in a relationship.  And they actually posted some very, very angry, derogatory comments about my guy's African heritage.  Male friends that I thought were just friends until I announced my relationship. (AA males)

So I dropped my facebook account.  I think you have to be careful - facebook opens your world up to friends and friends of friends that you don't even know.  I didn't want drama so I dropped it.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Osama10(m): 1:00am On Feb 20, 2011
Shy-One:

I deleted my facebook account after about 6 months of joining - I noticed that men were coming on to me and though I made it clear that I had a man - they didn't care and even got abusive.

If I rejoin Facebook it will be after I marry and I can put photos of both of us on my account - The advances of the different men - white and black was sending the wrong message to my family, clients and friends.

I even had a few guys that were angry once my status changed from single to in a relationship. And they actually posted some very, very angry, derogatory comments about my guy's African heritage. Male friends that I thought were just friends until I announced my relationship. (AA males)

So I dropped my facebook account. I think you have to be careful - facebook opens your world up to friends and friends of friends that you don't even know. I didn't want drama so I dropped it.

That is reality for you, most ladies out there single and married don't understand that men just want to get into their skirts. lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by MrsChima(f): 1:16am On Feb 20, 2011
Osama,

Not everybody use Facebook to attract a sexual partner. However, I do agree that Facebook does not protects men or women from being exposed to sexual predators or rude people.

I find that regardless what status you use, how many pictures you post up, who you accept as friend, and what type of status you put on your page. People who are rude and disrespect are going to be rude and disrespectful.

I have several friends who have over 1,000 friends and only know five of them personally minus the family members. Guess what, she posted a very revealing picture of herself and she wondered why she was an instant FACEBOOK CELEBRITY.

My husband and I share a facebook account and we are very selective who we add on the page and we always consult with each other prior to accepting people as friends. MOST OF THE PEOPLE are our family members and family friends. So far we haven't had any issues. We mainly use it to contact family and friends from afar.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Osama10(m): 1:27am On Feb 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Osama,

Not everybody use Facebook to attract a sexual partner. However, I do agree that Facebook does not protects men or women from being exposed to sexual predators or rude people.

I find that regardless what status you use, how many pictures you post up, who you accept as friend, and what type of status you put on your page. People who are rude and disrespect are going to be rude and disrespectful.

I have several friends who have over 1,000 friends and only know five of them personally minus the family members. Guess what, she posted a very revealing picture of herself and she wondered why she was an instant FACEBOOK CELEBRITY.

My husband and I share a facebook account and we are very selective who we add on the page and we always consult with each other prior to accepting people as friends. MOST OF THE PEOPLE are our family members and family friends. So far we haven't had any issues. We mainly use it to contact family and friends from afar.

Yeah I got your point.

People just have to be very very careful.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by ispeed(m): 4:36am On Feb 20, 2011
AM THE GUY IN QUESTION, TASOLA IS MY COUSIN AND HAVE DISAGREE WITH HIM ON USING OF FACEBOOK BY A RESPONSIBLE HOUSEWIFE WITH HER BODY RAVELING CLOTHES PICTURE ON HER PROFILE .THIS IS NOT MATTER OF CHEATING, FLIRTING OR WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT, IT'S MATTER OF TRUST, HAVING BEEN MARRYING OVER 6 YEARS AND I STILL TRUST MY WIFE AND I RESPECT HER AND I DONT LIKE WHAT WILL MAKE ME DISTRUST HER FOR A DAY.
IF YOUR SPOUSE CONTINUE TO DO SOMETHING IRRITATING LIKE HAVING OVER 100MEN ON HER FACEBOOK FRIEND LIST AND LESS WOMEN FRIEND AND ALSO POSTING DIFFERENT PICTURE OF HER ON HER PROFILE. SOMEHOW ONE DAY THERE WILL BE ISSUE ON THAT AND THAT CAN BRING UNTRUSTWORTHY AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE MARRIAGE CAN COLLAPSE DUE TO THAT.
85% OF NIGERIA MEN ON FACEBOOK ARE IN FOR FUN TO ADD PRETTY LADY, GIRLS AND MARRIED WOMEN AS FRIEND AFTER BROWSE THROUGH THERE PICTURE EVEN THEY KNOW HER NOT, ONLY TO SEE UNDERSKIRT AND INNOCENT WOMEN DONT KNOW THIS EVIL PLAN AND THIS IS SUPPOSE NOT TO BE . WHERE REMAINING 15% OF US KNOW THAT FACEBOOK IS NOT ABOUT FUN ALONE IS ABOUT REACHING OUT TO THE WORLD, PASS REAL INFORMATION, MAKING COOL MONEY BY DOING BUSINESS, AND NOT TO OPPRESS OTHER BY POSTING ARTIFICIAL PICS (posing with others person belong es i.e.cars,house)

THESE ARE FEW OUT OF MY POINT

1. IF MARRIED WOMAN MUST USE FACEBOOK WITH PICTURE WHY NOT HER FAMILY PICS, KID PICS OR HER PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH INSTEAD OF HER BODY RAVELING CLOTHES PICTURE, SOME WOMAN GO EXTENT OF HAVING OVER 50 PICS.

2. IF MARRIED WOMAN MUST ACCEPT FRIEND WHY NOT ONLY THOSE SHE KNOW. SOME WOMAN HAVE OVER 500 MEN FRIENDS AND LESS WOMEN AS FRIEND.

THIS IS MY OWN OPINION BUT AS A RESPONSIBLE HUSBAND I CANNOT ALLOW MY WIFE TO GO ASTRAY. MAY GOD GUIDE US ALL. AMIN.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Pweety4me(f): 4:39am On Feb 20, 2011
^Amen brother, u have fair points.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 20, 2011
Woman puts her pix on FB, whats the big deal? undecided
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by ispeed(m): 5:07am On Feb 20, 2011
This happen between a pretty housewife on facebook and one of her friend looking for opportunity to see her under skirt  but unknown to her. IT GO BELOW:

Innocent housewife: Am crying, crying ,

Female friend: Why Angel?

Innocent housewife: Because someone close to my HEART just disappointed me today (that's her husband)

Female friend: Oh sorry,

Opportunist Man: And you are still dine with him he's about to break your HEART.

SOME PEOPLE POST ON FACEBOOK IF THEY GO TO TOILET OR JUST SLEPT WITH HIS/HER PARTNER AND SOME READER ARE THERE TO MISLEAD OR INSULT INSTEAD OF ADVICE.

IS THIS NORMAL, PLEASE IS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE? and who at fault?
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by aminalib(f): 6:25am On Feb 20, 2011
picture or no picture, guys will still want to try u on facebook, smh,
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by MrsChima(f): 6:59am On Feb 20, 2011
Exactly Amina. That was my point precisely. An arsehole is an arsehole is an arsehole with or without pictures.

You can put Precious on your profile and YOU WILL STILL get a bunch of nasty, limp dick, and rabid perverts trying to see if he can hump your knees.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by taosola(m): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2011
@ispeed, i quite agree with u that social networking opens opportunity for infidelity but the fact is that whoever that wishes to cheat will surely do, facebook or no facebook. nairaland is a case in point where users do not have profile pics and yet dating is going on on daily bases. in this our generation where technology turns the whole world into a small village, what is important most is a complete trust between spouses. the advantages that social netwoking site like facebook provides for family, friends, politicians, students and job seekers can never be overerestimated. may allah keep our relationship save! amen!
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 20, 2011
Yes!
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2011
Allow? Smh,
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by MrsChima(f): 8:44am On Feb 20, 2011
ogugua88:

Allow? Smh,

Exactly.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by ispeed(m): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2011
@Mrs.Chima, ogugua88, aminalib and MzD@rkSkin

Pls tell me why you refuse to update you nairaland profile, put your real pics, your real mail and your bb pin.

After post here whenever you are going to toilet and when you are eating. i know u would not do that because we have people of highly integrity here to call you to order and i belief the moderator will not allow that. nairaland is more more organize than facebook only not well spread like.

WHAT AM SAYING ABOUT THE FACEBOOK IS NOT ABOUT CHEATING OR NOT, IS INDECENCY FOR EVERY RESPONSIBLE HOUSEWIFE TO GO ON FACEBOOK WITH HER BODY RAVELING CLOTHES PICTURE ON HER PROFILE.

SOME HOUSEWIFE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE AND THEIR HUSBAND ARE ALSO CARELESS, SO LET SOURCE BE ONLINE NAKED FOR FUN SAKE.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by ispeed(m): 10:10am On Feb 20, 2011
The Facebook phenomenon has allowed you to reconnect with your best friend from elementary school, keep up with your buddy’s travels and get out of hours-long phone conversations with your aunt. It truly is a remarkable tool. However, as with most things, there is a dark side to Facebook. While your male brain may not have tapped in to the full manipulation potential of this seemingly innocuous social networking tool, chances are several of the women you know have. Women are trained in the art of creating, maintaining and controlling relationships, and Facebook is just one more resource they can use to keep tabs on and influence people. Here's a list of some crazy things women can do on facebook.

Women set up fake profiles to follow exes on Facebook
This one may seem a bit extreme, but it is certainly not unheard-of for a woman to set up a fake Facebook persona in order to creep on her ex’s profile. At the very least, she might get a mutual friend to allow her a little access to an ex’s Facebook page. Whether you broke up badly or it was mostly mutual, if you don’t keep in touch, she probably wants to know what you’re up to. Instead of calling or e-mailing you, it’s easier and less embarrassing to scope out your profile while you are blissfully unaware that she is checking up on you. If you want to prevent this from happening, don’t add any strangers to your friends list. If you have a friend you know is still in touch with her, keep your interactions limited.
Women manipulate through Facebook photos
The photos a woman posts on her profile can be innocent -- or they can be totally manipulative. Another crazy thing women do on Facebook is to put up embarrassing or compromising photos of people that have gotten on her bad side. When a guy breaks up with a girl and the next day photos of him in one of her dresses hit her profile, it’s not only vindictive, but also pretty immature.

A woman might also use her Facebook photo albums to present an image of herself that doesn’t exactly match up to reality. In her photos she might appear more sexy, more adventurous and altogether more exciting than she is in real life.

Facebook can be a force for good when it’s used responsibly, but it can also be destructive to a relationship or a reputation.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by taosola(m): 10:29am On Feb 20, 2011
I THINK THERE IS A CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DECENT PICS AND USING INDECENT PICS FOR PROFILE. THE WORD "RESPONSIBLE" HERE MAKES IT CLEAR THAT INDECENT CLOTHES THAT REVEAL HALF BODY OR SENSITIVE PARTS OF BODY ARE NOT IN QUESTION. BESIDES, ANY "RESPONSIBLE" MARRIED WOMAN WILL NOT DRESS TO KILL EITHER ON FACEBOOK OR OTHERWISE. SO, IN A NUTSHELL, A RESPONSIBLE MARRIED WOMAN SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE PHOTOS ON FACEBOOK.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Moralistli(m): 10:54am On Feb 20, 2011
I guess dis issue ensued btw u and ur cousin coz of d recent yahoo news of facebook-affair murder news , in which a man killed his wife coz of her allege facebook affair with her high school mate,

Many other social networks 're there, Meanwhile, generationext enables global-village-love. Most jobless, randy and promiscous computer/internet addicts are most likely to be causin probs in their various home in dis intrnet soscial networking  era.

Most internet addicts enjoy e-flirting any other thing, Life is gud!!! Flirtings is most likely pleasurable than sexxxx.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by roymary: 11:10am On Feb 20, 2011
@OP,

Facebook is not a dating site right? So she's free but i wont let her put her picture on crazyshit.com.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Mcleo007(m): 11:39am On Feb 20, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]!Its like asking will you allow your wife wear her wedding ring to her place of work, , its an appropriate gesture. If a married man can put his pic on his facebook profile, what then is stopping the woman?
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Coolabbie: 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2011
Sum men r just so archaic & old fashioned in deir way of thinking. So just because she answers Mrs, dats reason enof 2 trade places wit her granny? D way u project ursef on facebook will determine d way dat u r going 2 be addressed. As far as she puts up a responsible pix & also states clearly dat she's married,den dere is nothing wrong wit it.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by Mobinga: 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2011
No. I wouldn't be comfortable at all.
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by MrCork17: 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2011
if she gots big boooobsi; YES! wink
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by googles: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2011
Long as the pictures are decent no harm in doing that.

but then again, some pple just jack the pictures you innocently posted and do all sort of nasty things with them. . . one really has to be careful these days mahn !
Re: Will You Allow Your Wife To Use Her Real Pictures On Facebook by MrCork17: 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2011
googles:

Long as the pictures are decent no harm in doing that.

but then again, some pple just jack the pictures you innocently posted and do all sort of nasty things with them. . . one really has to be careful these days mahn !

Sweeery, put up your picture again. I love your horse weave

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, What Do U Think About Guys Who Are Good Cooks / What I Caught Her Doing Privately / OMG - Woman Blogs Her Rape Ordeal Moments After She Was Assaulted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.