Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ... (1025 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by timbros(m): 8:10am On Feb 20, 2011
Re: ... by godonzoki(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2011
Hmmm , dis is a tough nut 2 crack. Alot of things shud b considered. Foremostely, hw much do they luv themselves? Cos if they do, then they will b sacrifices. D guy shud understand dat d lady aint gettin any younger. Time is not on ha side. At 31, she must b desperate and wud do anything. But the issue of ha being more financially stable dan him, IT TAKES ONLY D GRACE OF GOD FOR A WOMAN WHO IS RICHER DAN A MAN 2 STILLL SUBMIT. he shud find out abt ha temperament bc women can say any thing wen dey kno that they provide everything. Thirdly, he needs 2 consider d possibility of findin something lucrative 2 do if he moved. Or wer d lady is workin, cant she b transfered based on marital grounds? Alot 2 consider.
Re: ... by MrsChima(f): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2011
I don't see why not. Marriage is about partnership and if the wife is making more money than the husband and the stability is stronger in PH then why not move to PH. If the husband was making more money and the stability was stronger in Abuja then I would expect the wife to move with the husband.

Common sense is also crucial in the marriage. People need to put their pride aside and look at the bigger picture. It is not about who have the most money should be revered. Both are equal and therefore shouldn't be a problem in the marriage.

Then again, people bicker over the STUPIDEST shit nowadays. Tell your cousin that common sense is essential and there is nothing wrong with moving to PH if she can financially support his travel and stay. He can always get a better job and make just as much as she is or more. It is not a big deal and shouldn't be.
Re: ... by timbros(m): 9:33am On Feb 20, 2011
@Godonz
1. They love themselves VERY MUCH
2. As far as i can tell, she is the "perfect" lady to marry, with all the needed qualities. But women are funny creatures, could she be hiding some ugly qualities for now & unleash them later when she actualise her aim (marriage)? Only time will tell.
3. She promises to help him get a job in PH if he moves since he'll be new in town & she has contacts there. I have to say it here that he is not a graduate but she is, havent served sha.
She is self employed. Import ladies stuffs from diff African countries + Dubai & China. Moving to Abuja will make her start from the scratch as in customerwise etc & that will distabilize her considering he himself is not stable here
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 20, 2011
don't move cuz a day will come when she will tell you what you won't like.she's just putting the pressure on you cuz she's getting old.
Re: ... by timbros(m): 9:48am On Feb 20, 2011
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 20, 2011
Omo, tension brews when a woman sponsors a man like that oo.
No matter what jazz they may be spitting (e.g. wuteva Chima was writing up there), women typically are not okay with this themselves if it persists longer than a certain period. The woman can just one day turn to queen and start commanding him to wash her kpata.

Only a God fearing woman from her heart (not just by mouth as is the majority) can act well with understanding in those kind of circumstances. If moving to PHC is the only way they can be together, there is going to have to be a very loooong, direct talk of what one person shouldn't decide to let get in her head.
Re: ... by roymary: 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2011
@OP

In this case;

Smart woman + Dumb Man = Marriage.

I advice you move in. She loves you and will always love you. Aint that what you wanna hear?
Re: ... by timbros(m): 5:58pm On Feb 20, 2011
Re: ... by Abekeade08(f): 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2011
@timbros: My first advice to him will be that he should graduate school first, so that if things don't work out with this girl, he can still go ahead and get a job elsewhere.

After he is done with school, I don't see anything wrong in him moving in with her since she has contacts in PH. It all depends on the conduct and character of the lady. If she loves her man and wants to take care man in PH even help him find a job, then what else is the issue? Her business is booming and he will get a job soon, everything go dey kampe. Advice him to move in with her right quick.
Re: ... by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2011
Abekeade08:

@timbros: My first advice to him will be that he should graduate school first, so that if things don't work out with this girl, he can still go ahead and get a job elsewhere.

After he is done with school, I don't see anything wrong in him moving in with her since she has contacts in PH. It all depends on the conduct and character of the lady. If she loves her man and wants to take care man in PH even help him find a job, then what else is the issue? Her business is booming and he will get a job soon, everything go dey kampe. Advice him to move in with her right quick.

desperation of women kills men right after.
Re: ... by MrsChima(f): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2011
2buff:

Omo, tension brews when a woman sponsors a man like that oo.
No matter what jazz they may be spitting (e.g. wuteva Chima was writing up there), women typically are not okay with this themselves if it persists longer than a certain period. The woman can just one day turn to queen and start commanding him to wash her kpata.

Only a God fearing woman from her heart (not just by mouth as is the majority) can act well with understanding in those kind of circumstances. If moving to PHC is the only way they can be together, there is going to have to be a very loooong, direct talk of what one person shouldn't decide to let get in her head.

If you ACTUALLY read what I said you will see that I don't think it would be a big deal if SHE IS THE TYPE OF WOMAN that supports her man REGARDLESS if she make the most money or not. Not all women who make the most money are divas.
Re: ... by MrsChima(f): 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2011
Anyway,

Tell your cousin to use common sense when he make his decision. Tell him to be happy with his decision.
Re: ... by Beync(f): 12:40am On Feb 21, 2011
What's the big deal,  some men are so sceptical when  the woman offer to be of assistant why? ar'nt u guys who complain that the wite ladies cud do dis and dat when it come to bein financially supportive. why is it that when its a foreigner u be ready to play the good and understanding spouse and when its a sista your ego surface u wud'nt let pride go. What is wrong in relocating considering their source of finance for now, after all if a foregn lady show similar interest and invite some of you over, u 'l see it as a golden opportunity, the golden rule wont apply, as in, u wud'nt mind who relocate, u can even deny your family your presence for the rest of your life to stay with a foregner in a foregn land, does'not dat makes u less of a man?  too bad. some of u need to grow up  for real.
In this case, if the man is scared of bein thrown out in the future, he is not sure and convince of himself simple. when the both are convinced they trully luv, respect  and understand each other the man has  nothing to be worried about except he has some inferiority issues.
Re: ... by timbros(m): 8:13am On Feb 21, 2011
Re: ... by Beync(f): 8:35am On Feb 21, 2011
it cant be so generally here. there are individual diferences.there are even too many issues os misbehavior and divorce among the your wites.
I no lots of women who are bread winner of their families. there is this paricular woman her husband owns  a house, drives a car the family is fairing well, but the wife is responsinble for all these,and she is humble and dare not dispect her husband, how do we know? becos we r reltives. there are similar sitautions is not  just about nigerian women. come talk about mental attitude of the wite, if we nigerian try now to imbibe all these western mentality  wudnt u complain dat we are bein too immitative? i hope u no wat western mentality is all about
Re: ... by segunjowo(m): 8:37am On Feb 21, 2011
I won't shocked
Re: ... by fubiluv: 9:04am On Feb 21, 2011
I won't advice my brother to pack in with a girl no matter what.
So that in future, so she can have some respect for him.
I would prefer she joins him and start from the scratch.
Also she needs to forget abt age, its a thing of the mind.
Or better still get the job for him first b4 he moves.
If she is so desperate, then she should make it faster,
. tongue
Re: ... by MMM2(m): 9:52am On Feb 21, 2011
NO, tell ur cousin 2 go and make money b4 marriage 2 avoid insult from 9ja chicks.
Re: ... by naijafrend: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2011
fubiluv:

[b.
Or better still get the job for him first b4 he moves.
If she is so desperate, then she should make it faster, [/b]
. tongue

Exactly !
Re: ... by koolchicco: 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2011
@OP

I would. NOT!

(1) (Reply)

Help Guys! Can U Date Ur Ex Girlfriends Younger Sister. / What Would You Do? / What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.