Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:12 AM

Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (1308 Views)

Fola Adeola's Governorship Campaign Posters Flood Ogun State / Today Is Nuhu Ribadu's Birthday. Your Wish Or Advice To Him. / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Righton: 9:01am On Feb 20, 2011
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fola-adeola-is-nuhu-ribadu-s-running-mate/86548/

By Olawale Olaleye

Barring any last minute changes, Mr. Afolabi Tajudeen Adeola, former Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, former chairman of the National Pension Commission (Pencom), and former member on the (Tony) Blair Commission on Africa, may have been named the running mate of the fledgling candidacy of the anti-corruption czar, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

Ribadu is the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). If this happens, it would follow on the heels of the Chief MKO

Abiola-Alhaji Babagana Kingibe Muslim-Muslim ticket, which was widely accepted by Nigerians across regional and ethnic lines in the annulled 1993 presidential election.

Analysts believe it may work again because both Ribadu and Adeola are not known to be religious champions, practising their faith privately and quietly. They are equally known to work across religious and tribal lines.

Party sources confirmed that discussions and consultations are still on-going on the choice of Adeola, and it is expected that matters relating to the pairing of duo will be concluded later today in the evening to beat the INEC deadline tomorrow (February 21) for the substitution of presidential candidates and their running mates.

When contacted last night, Adeola confirmed that he had been approached by the leadership of the ACN but that they were yet to conclude discussions.

The former banker, who likened the decision to a marriage between two people, also admitted that issues relating to the development must be concluded today.

“By the grace of God, everything will be resolved by this time tomorrow (today, Sunday).”

Adeola added that all related issues have to be carefully looked into before a final decision is taken. He said the offer is not what he is taking lightly.

Also confirming the story, one of the ACN governors said the choice of Adeola as Ribadu’s running mate is one of the intelligent decisions the party has taken at this time of the year.

He described Adeola as a detailed person who would naturally pair with a Ribadu, an administrative hand.

The governor said there is the need for a running mate, who would take up all the detailed assignments that the presidential job demands, especially in the quest for a better Nigeria.

He said the Ribadu-Adeola ticket would go down in history as one of the best ever produced in the country by any political party, adding, “We are in this to win and not to consider what some class of people would think about a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

“Even the political class is waiting to break away from the old order. They don’t just know how to go about it.”

The governor, who sounded excited about the development said Adeola is a respectable young man who has paid his dues in the development, of the country.

As co-founder and ex-managing director of GTBank, he said Adeola walked away when the ovation was loudest. He posited that Adeola had also handled many sensitive and vital assignments in the country and beyond.

“He has what it takes to rebuild this country. This country needs rebuilding and not rebranding like the PDP is doing. Nigeria needs root and branch reformation.

“So, we can’t have people who are part of the problem as part of the solution. It would not work. That is the difference between the PDP candidate who is though a nice guy, but is clueless,” he said.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 9:23am On Feb 20, 2011
Ibos Have lost again

:::::SMH:::::
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Righton: 9:39am On Feb 20, 2011
^^^
with a lot of respect, I request that we keep such issues out of this matter.
I would like opinions (including yours) on the merits, suitability to national development of this development
Kindly oblige
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Wadeoye(m): 9:40am On Feb 20, 2011
Time wasters,
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by vigasimple(m): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2011
Let us wait and see. I thought the time to substitute candidate has passed. So, are all the major political party saying the SE is NOT relevant?

What is the political constituency of Adeola, who is equally a Muslim ( are we now a Muslim state). At least Bakare may lay claim to 'christians and SNG' as his own constituency. Abiola/Kinigigbe is a one off again to appease the North at the time

Now, it goes back to my 'NORTHERN QUESTIONS', would the North vote for these two people if it were to be Christian/christian? , why must it be North on top of the ticket and south VP? Are the North 'BORN TO RULE' ? , and born to rule over who?

Enough of this political posturing.

With due respec,t for any one good candidate from the North, there are at least 10 from the South. as the saying goes , where is the justice in that, ZONING or federal character is one of the biggest political fraud in this country perpertrated by the North, and there are noises everywhere about 419 by the south, but IBB remain the chairman of 419 plc.

We need GEJ now to break the cycle of North domination in the Federal power control when the oil comes from the south, and the North have been unable to use it for the betterment of the North let alone Nigerians.

In my own view, we need to take along the SE in whatever political calculation we are making. Is ACN a SW party also using RIbadu to win at the Federal. he might be popular in SW but not in the SE or even in the North.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 9:53am On Feb 20, 2011
Righton:

with a lot of respect, I request that we keep such issues out of this matter.
I would like opinions (including yours) on the merits, suitability to national development of this development
Kindly oblige

I really dont get your point. I made a general well known statement, and here you are giving yourself  thin airs. We cant begin to talk about the suitability of Fola Adeola as Ribadu's running mate without considering the alternatives. When we start to analyse the situation vis-a-vis what could have been or, depending on who you talk to, what should have been, then it would become obvious that center to the emergence of Fola Adeola as ACN VP candidature is his ethnicity secondary to his questionable/probable mass appeal

So for me, I choose to look at the issue, my right of course, from the 'tribal' angle, emphasizing my schadenfreude side at the misfortune of the Igbos. Call me a tribalist all you want, I am proud to wear the toga of one.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 10:01am On Feb 20, 2011
vigasimple:

Let us wait and see. I thought the time to substitute candidate has passed. So, a[b]re all the major political party saying the SE is NOT relevant[/b]?

Sorry to break it to you, they are not. Until they get their acts together, they will never be relevant. Have you forgotten so soon Hope '93? Did Abiola not win without their support?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by doja(m): 10:24am On Feb 20, 2011
When are we going to stop this ethnoreligious thinking? are we saying Fola Adeola can't deliver?are u saying he is not one of our best? am delighted at the thought of that man as our vice president and am sure he will be supported by all.

Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by excanny: 11:02am On Feb 20, 2011
Dead on arrival. Not go to go.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 11:06am On Feb 20, 2011
excanny:

Your opinion and vote do not count anyways. So keep it moving!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 20, 2011
excanny:

ibo are not that reliable especially when it comes to vote selling.you guys have finished spending the money ibb gave and couldnt deliver him. tongue embarassed
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by excanny: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2011
fstranger3:

Sorry to break it to you, they are not. Until they get their acts together, they will never be relevant. Have you forgotten so soon Hope '93? Did Abiola not win without their support?

GJ is about to repeat the same phenomenon in the SW-winning without their support. He's already shown he has no regard for your irrelevant butts. Summed it up by calling you an  bunch of rascals.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nsiman(m): 11:19am On Feb 20, 2011
Let me laugh first for this open read made by acn. I reserve my comment until it is done
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 11:26am On Feb 20, 2011
excanny:

Did you mean this?

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102152561759

Now contrast that with Abiola's open contempt to your people when he told Nzeribe on live TV, in the presence of prominent Ibos at the Eagle Square in all its grandeur and expanse, to go fukc themselves. Let GEJ try that, he will not live to see its repercussion.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by AjanleKoko: 11:28am On Feb 20, 2011
Not a bad combination. They'll definitely get my consideration.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Mobinga: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2011
Wild Goose Chase.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 11:36am On Feb 20, 2011
It would be nice in a way to have an HND holder occupying Asorock for a change.

Not something I want, but it is what it is. A half-brain Yoruba is definitely better that a Harvard educated Hausa man, and definitely more competent than a drunk sailor Fisherman with or without a Ph.D.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by fstranger3(m): 11:37am On Feb 20, 2011
Mobinga:

Wild Goose Chase.

Understandable.

Now go get me some spare parts!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Mobinga: 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2011
Continue wankin' to KoboJunkie's posts
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by ASL33: 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2011
fstranger3:

I forget, how many tenures did he complete in Kirikiri sorry Aso kirikiri the new Ijaw town. grin grin.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Justcash(m): 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2011
I call this an IMMENSE POLITICAL BLUNDER. ACN finally nailed their coffin. GEJ will be dancing happily if this news is true. I thought Tinubu and co were smarter than this?
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by ayusco: 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2011
in an ideal setting the choice of adeola is a good one because he's a technocrat but realistically speaking i think ribadu has committed a faux pas. ethnic/religious politics still plays a huge role in nigeria good or bad. choosing a ibo xtian emphasis on ibo would have i feel given ribadu a fighting chance anyways ribadu is still the man ssha cool
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 20, 2011
Justcash:

I call this an IMMENSE POLITICAL BLUNDER. ACN finally nailed their coffin. GEJ will be dancing happily if this news is true. I thought Tinubu and co were smarter than this?

who cares about ibo votes ? angry
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by excanny: 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2011
fstranger3:

Now contrast that with Abiola's open contempt to your people when he told Nzeribe on live TV, in the presence of prominent Ibos at the Eagle Square in all its grandeur and expanse, to go fukc themselves. Let GEJ try that, he will not live to see its repercussion.

And you saw how Nzeribe frustrated him and made him pay for his sins.

May God bless Nzeribe for restoring the dignity of the Igbo race that Abiola insulted. A true son of his father.

Let's see what you rascals will about the insult thrown in your face. As usual, NOTHING.
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by rebranded(m): 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2011
Good News!

PDP is out and not relevant!
Re: Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Feb 20, 2011
watching

(1) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Reverse Its Politics To A First Republic Style Of Government? / Police Quizzes Ararume For Kidnap, Attempted Murder / Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.