Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? (1303 Views)

Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW / PHCN Official Just Told Me Power Generation Is Actually Just 420MW At The Moment / Power Privatization: Ughelli Power Plant Increases From 170 To 420MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by Daytonbale: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2012
Nigeria has achieved a new high in electricity generation with 4,420 megawatts out of which 4,160MW are available for distribution, while 260MW are “spinning reserves,” the Ministry of Power has said.

According to a statement by the ministry, this is a remarkable improvement on the record 4,189.3MW recorded on December 24, 2011.

The statement attributed the increased generation to “continuous improvement in capacity of generation stations across the country.”

The Geregu Thermal Station in Kogi State, which had only two out of the three installed units running on account of gas supply shortage, was said to be producing 420MW now, the highest ever from all three units.

“All required gas molecules now get to the plant,” a senior engineer at the station was quoted as confirming on Sunday night.

“The Jebba Hydro Station, which has historically been producing between 250MW and 300MW, now generates 413MW out of the 540MW installed capacity.

“Only five units are working, as work on the rehabilitation of the sixth unit known as 2G6 has yet to commence because of the controversy surrounding the attempt to award the contract in the early part of last year,” the statement said.

The Minister of Power, Prof. Bart Nnaji, was said to be satisfied with a new style, which the station's management had adopted to manage water available to the hydro facility.

The statement added that the 1,320MW Egbin power plant, the biggest in the country, which was shut down about three weeks ago because of old age and poor maintenance of some sensitive parts, produced as much as 949MW on Monday from five units.

“The sixth unit of the plant, which was inaugurated in 1986, was expected to return to service by the middle of last year from Japan where the original manufacturer, Marubeni, is rehabilitating it after years of being idle in Nigeria,” it said.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by PapaBrowne(m): 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2012
I have noticed! I have had nearly constant light for about 2 weeks.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by Adanora: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
Even in PH we av had regular light
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by hercules07: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2012
Fake news, where I live na same of the same.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by Daytonbale: 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2012
For about one month, we have had constant light of 16 straight hours some days and 24 straight hours other days. Despite my suspicion of GEJ cronies, there have been improvements in power.

Kudos to Barth Nnaji.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by efisher(m): 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
The improvement is very evident in the Niger Delta states. This is just d beginning especially as the new regional generation and distribution companies are taking over. I've been waiting 4 d announcement of the new MW figures though FG has decided not to focus on figures anymore but on evident results in our homes. More power to the people.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by 2mch(m): 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
Why is the FG trying to take glory for this. Did they not announce yesterday that they had hands off from power generation. shocked grin cheesy
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by Beaf: 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2012
Fresh Air!!!
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by efisher(m): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2012
@2mch, even when private investors are in control, national figures representing our power generation will still be mentioned. It's an important statistic and Nigerians deserve to know.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by manny4life(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2012
2mch:

Why is the FG trying to take glory for this. Did they not announce yesterday that they had hands off from power generation. shocked grin cheesy

Is this how much hatred has reached? Was it not the same you who criticized the govt when they liquidated PHCN? Weren't you were very pessimistic about the move and called it names? Now, same you is optimistic all of a sudden because GEJ is receiving credit, you're so quick to give credit to that same pessimistic "NEW COMPANY" which you criticized, hmm, smh
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by hercules07: 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2012
Abeg where is this power o, we are still on rationing here in Lagos.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by 2mch(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2012
manny4life:

Is this how much hatred has reached? Was it not the same you who criticized the govt when they liquidated PHCN? Weren't you were very pessimistic about the move and called it names? Now, same you is optimistic all of a sudden because GEJ is receiving credit, you're so quick to give credit to that same pessimistic "NEW COMPANY" which you criticized, hmm, smh

Hatred for who? WTF is this one talking about.  . Abeg i dont discuss with idio*ts. The fact is i pointed out the fact that those companies were already sold by OBJ and if they have reached 4,000 MW, then the companies should get the glory not the FG. Where did i call GEJ names. Are you a psycho or what? Obviously the FG are desperate to be seen as working.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by jmaine: 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2012
hercules07:

Abeg where is this power o, we are still on rationing here in Lagos.

Confirm . .na off and on dem dey do for my side . . .maybe our turn go soon show . . .
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by hercules07: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2012
@jmaine

You seem like a truthful person, why do you support GEJ if I may ask?
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by 9ja4eva: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2012
Kudos, heard the light situation has improved drastically.

More Good News
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by jmaine: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2012
hercules07:

@jmaine

You seem like a truthful person, why do you support GEJ if I may ask?

I believe in him . . and i believe he will shame your likes at the end of the day grin . .
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by hercules07: 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2012
@jmaine

I believe you are a dreamer grin, he has no antecedents and is beholden to his "Cabal". We shall compare notes in say 12 months?
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by manny4life(m): 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2012
2mch:

Hatred for who? WTF is this one talking about.  . Abeg i dont discuss with idio*ts. The fact is i pointed out the fact that those companies were already sold by OBJ and if they have reached 4,000 MW, then the companies should get the glory not the FG. Where did i call GEJ names. Are you a psycho or what? Obviously the FG are desperate to be seen as working.

I know you don't discuss with idiots, obviously it takes one to know another so I'm not keen to understand you anger. Apparently, you're lost in the storm of hatred and frustration, you talk so much, write a lot but remember so little. Why am I not surprised? You criticize PHCN liquidation, called it unreal and all sort of words, NOW you want to make positive reference to them now, smh.

Anyway, CARRY ON WITH YOU LIES and DECEIT, I just wanted to call you out,  Carry on warrior grin grin grin
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by 2mch(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2012
manny4life:

I know you don't discuss with idiots, obviously it takes one to know another so I'm not keen to understand you anger. Apparently, you're lost in you river of hatred and frustration, you talk so much, write a lot but remember so little. Why am I not surprised? You criticize PHCN liquidation, called it unreal and all sort of words, NOW you want to make positive reference to them now, smh.

Anyway, CARRY ON WITH YOU LIES and DECEIT, I just wanted to call you out, Carry on warrior grin grin grin

You are definitely psychotic. The fact remains that, that was an OBJ exercise, just like the 1600 or 1100 buses were a Yar adua exercise. You lunatics seem to be grasping at straws, lying and all what not. When did i say all these? Can humans be this psychotic? grin cheesy
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by otokx(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2012
no light today in my area of ph.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by hercules07: 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2012
@Manny

GEJ should be ashamed to take credit for a marginal increase in Generation, let him deliver 10000MW at a reasonable cost and we shall applaud him.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by jmaine: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2012
hercules07:

@jmaine

I believe you are a dreamer  grin, he has no antecedents and is beholden to his "Cabal". We shall compare notes in say 12 months?

No shakings . . . but a little tweak . .in 18 months time when most projects would be berthing . . . imma just call you out  for discuss . .

BTW, we are all entitled to dream . .in the same mould you feel ACN would win the presidency in 2015 . .if Nigeria still survives
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by honeric01(m): 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2012
i am typing right now without light, total power we had today is less than 2 hours. i had to buy fuel at 160 naira per liter to fuel my gen. been angry all through today, even my brothers are afraid to talk to me.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by hercules07: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2012
@jmaine

15 months, that is enough time after all he has been there for almost 2 years, as per ACN winning the 2015 elections (cant remember where I said it), they will need to form an alliance with the North for that to happen and to match PDP money for money, thug for thug, rigging for rigging.
@honeric

Abeg take am easy, if you get small money, I can organise inverter with two batteries for you, total cost is about #185K (if subsidy is reinstated #165K) grin.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by manny4life(m): 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2012
2mch:

You are definitely psychotic. The fact remains that, that was an OBJ exercise, just like the 1600 or 1100 buses were a Yar adua exercise. You lunatics seem to be grasping at straws, lying and all what not. When did i say all these? Can humans be this psychotic? grin cheesy

Psychotic? LOL, coming from the master chief himself, just hear yourself speak. Just because a president started out something, and another finishes, what difference does it make in its timeline? Bottom line is that the JOB WAS DONE, completed in 2012. When the job was done, YOU criticized it, that is my point and now here you are, changing like a perfect chameleon. The extent of Psychotic-ism, is the ability to call out people like you who speak with four/five up to 10 different mouths,

As for me, I sure don't have time for people whom their post reeks with LIES, ANGER and PESSIMISM, for some reason they repel me so thank you bro, but start speaking the truth FOR IT SHALL SET YOU FREE. grin grin grin
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by 2mch(m): 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
manny4life:

Psychotic? LOL, coming from the master chief himself, just hear yourself speak. Just because a president started out something, and another finishes, what difference does it make in its timeline? Bottom line is that the JOB WAS DONE, completed in 2012. When the job was done, YOU criticized it, that is my point and now here you are, changing like a perfect chameleon. The extent of Psychotic-ism, is the ability to call out people like you who speak with four/five up to 10 different mouths,

As for me, I sure don't have time for people whom their post reeks with LIES, ANGER and PESSIMISM, for some reason they repel me so thank you bro, but start speaking the truth FOR IT SHALL SET YOU FREE. grin grin grin

The lunatics outburst continues. You are not old enough to know about OBJ and Yar'Adua's regime i should presume. Enough of babysitting baby lunatics. And if i remember i made a one line comment. Where did this looney get his gist? From your straight jacket? I tire for mumurity.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by manny4life(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
2mch:

The lunatics outburst continues. You are not old enough to know about OBJ and Yar'Adua's regime i should presume. Enough of babysitting baby lunatics. And if i remember i made a one line comment. Where did this looney get his gist? From your straight jacket? I tire for mumurity.

Yeah, I was a kid not to remember anything, nevertheless, CARRY ON, WARRIOR OF LIES AND DECEIT
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by 1025: 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2012
why is it that it is only in nigeria that even okada men talk about kilo wats and mega wats as against steady power supplies discussed in every other countries of this world?
these ppl are first class criminals. what is kilo wats and mega wats? let them announce steady power supply and not these bull shits.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:55am On Jan 11, 2012
2mch:

2mch:

You are definitely[b] psychotic.[/b] The fact remains that, that was an OBJ exercise, just like the 1600 or 1100 buses were a Yar adua exercise. You lunatics seem to be grasping at straws, lying and all what not. When did i say all these? Can humans be this psychotic? grin cheesy

I noticed something on Nairaland. Folks with little brains usually resort to swear words when their little senses fail them!
Dude you should see as shrink!
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by BlackPikiN(m): 4:13am On Jan 11, 2012
1025:

why is it that it is only in nigeria that even okada men talk about kilo wats and mega wats as against steady power supplies discussed in every other countries of this world?
these ppl are first class criminals. what is kilo wats and mega wats? let them announce steady power supply and not these bull shits.

You know we like to count in Naija.
U still dey vex? Ever since Goodluck trashed Atiku, you have never remained the same again.
Re: Power Generation Hits 4,420mw Is It True ? by GAR3TH(m): 4:33am On Jan 11, 2012
If true I applauded the small increase in electricity but everyone keeps ignoring the main issue, distribution. Nigeria can generate 1 million mega watts but you'll still have no power due to nigeria's aging, overworked and disgusting electrical infrastructure. how can you expect to distribute 4000mw on electrical infrastructure that can barely handle 10mw. talk about putting the cart before the horse, I know a few states, like rivers, are changing their own distribution network but the fg, like always, is slow in fixing theirs

[img]http://www.voafanti.com/gate/big5/media.voanews.com/images/480*320/nigeria-energy-480.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Italian Writer Held Over Murder Of Nigerian Prostituteanthonia Egbuna In Italy / Africa’s 7 Strongest Military Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.