Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau (19721 Views)

Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB / Crashed Bell Helicopter Declared Non-Airworthy 3 Years Ago, Owners Tricked NCAA / Iran Will Not Give Black Box From Crashed Ukrainian Airliner To Boeing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by joey150(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
helinues:

Exactly... Recording device to monitor the activities of the plane..So it's important on every journey

Not mandatory for helicopters. Of course newer models come with them, but unlike commercial jets, helicopters are not required by law to have them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by helinues: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
joey150:

Not mandatory for helicopters. Of course newer models come with them, but unlike commercial jets, helicopters are not required by law to have them.

For smart business men,it's important cos hadn't been they survived the crash,the black box would have helped to figure out what went wrong..

So it's important
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by sainthumble: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
What's black box again?
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
LIARS!!!!! BBC PIGDIN CAPTURED THE BLACK BOX..

And where is the blackbox in that picture? smiley

I hope you are not one of those who believe that "black boxes are black". grin

Don't hurt my feelings, bro.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by joey150(m): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
helinues:

For smart business men,it's important cos hadn't been they survived the crash,the black box would have helped to figure out what went wrong..

So it's important

Important yes.

Mandatory no.

Perhaps, it should be made mandatory.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by LEBEfirstson: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
mansakhalifa:

And where is the blackbox in that picture? smiley

I hope you are not one of those who believe that "black boxes are black" grin

So why is it called black box huh? Look the picture WEY I just uploaded, you will see the black box
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
sainthumble:
What's black box again?

Are you from Kuvukiland?
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
LEBEfirstson:

So why is it called black box huh? Look the picture WEY I just uploaded, you will see the black box

No problem...

But just delete that post before people wey know come for you.

No say I no tell you. grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by muller101(m): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
helinues:
How?

So can a car with no engine move? undecided
I know where you are going. Black box is not the same thing as PCM commonly called brain box in automobiles. Black box records flight info

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by helinues: 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
sainthumble:
What's black box again?

A box painted in black colour undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Oshlander: 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
LEBEfirstson:

I thought Black Box is always in Orange colour and not black colour.

Sorry if I'm wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
Oshlander:

Why are you apologizing??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by LEBEfirstson: 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
mansakhalifa:

No problem...

But just delete that post before people wey know come for you.

No say I no tell you. grin

Thank me say I Don teach you wetin black box is and that black box no dey carry another color other than black
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Dreamliner787(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
Now you see why I prefer Airplanes to copters? grin
R I P to the dead thoo
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
LEBEfirstson:

Thank me say I Don teach you wetin black box is and that black box no dey carry another color other than black

actually "black box" can never be black in colour.......it is always reflective thus bright orange in colour for easy identification

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Djamel(m): 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
Oshlander:

Does the actual color matter..... Might come with a different color. probably its just a thing, they call black box
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dreamliner787:
Now you see why I prefer Airplanes to copters? grin
R I P to the dead thoo

I wonder if u r stupid or mentally incapable of reasoning or both..... a black box is just a recording device in aeroplanes and helicopters.
it has nothing to do with safety per se

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by markemcee(m): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by PDPdestroyer(m): 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
The kind of comments I've read here on this topic is just appalling. There's a dearth of quality and informed users on nairaland, kids who know next to nothing are here in the majority.
Black boxes don't prevent a crash from happening, it only gives investigators a lead into what could have been responsible after a crash has occured.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
LEBEfirstson:

Thank you for what?

Na you supposed dey thank me but you want prove "too-know".

Blackbox no dey black. Na usually orange colour. The fact that it is called a "blackbox" doesn't mean that it is black.

Google is your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 29, 2020
chibuike53:

actually "black box" can never be black in colour.......it is always reflective thus bright orange in colour for easy identification

Please, lecture that ignoramus.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by 27Pushing30: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
kalvoken:
Shit men.

Someone that's at the verge of giving up was brought before you, knowing very well as a professional you are, that life is irreplaceable. you had to standby and waiting till death finishes its biding for his life all in the name of police report, before you can do your best in Saving his life. Tueh!

Some of you may start blaming the law, but do you think a doctor would be jailed or sentence to death for saving anyone's life without doctor's reports? Well, I will leave the answer to you.

This country is just not fit any way. Starting from we finding happiness in things that ordinarily we should be sad, to how we just do anything anyhow, because it's Nigeria.

Men, someone should just take up the fucking trumpet from angel Gabriel and do the thing. Because, should a story like this involve any of my person(may God forbid bad thing). That doctor we experience what it is like to wait for police report.

Nigeria police of all the police in the world. That was how I went to get their reports when my mobile was snatched from me enroute pH, the lady on counter asked me to pay some amounts before she can refer me to the person that would give the report. And will have to go and get affidavit. I just told her that I will be back the next day, till tomorrow.

It's not just the politicians, we all are badly fucking this nation to coma. The politicians were once ordinary. Take that ape man in Edo State for example. Once a leader of the labour union suddenly change at the sight of power.

Chika, rest on.

Lalasticlala play me DEVILS Work by Lucas Joyner.

Per the bolded ... you’re stupid
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Dreamliner787(m): 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
chibuike53:

I wonder if u r stupid or mentally incapable of reasoning or both..... a black box is just a recording device in aeroplanes and helicopters.
it has nothing to do with safety per se

See who is saying one is incapable of reasoning.. Did I ever mention that they would be safe if they had a black box?
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by MusiciansHubNG(m): 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
May God help us
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by airoport: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
[quote author=LEBEfirstson post=93350900]LIARS!!!!! BBC PIGDIN CAPTURED THE BLACK BOX.. [/quote
The "Black" box is actually orange in colour!
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dreamliner787:

See who is saying one is incapable of reasoning.. Did I ever mention that they would be safe if they had a black box?

Then why make such illogical assertion...planes vs copters
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by dejavuh0007(m): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
Black boxes aren't necessarily black in colour. in fact, they're usually a bright orange so to make it more visible in a wreckage or at the bottom of the ocean floor. so, I doubt that's the black box. Someone has even pointed out earlier that this particular helicopter model does not come fitted with a black box.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Dreamliner787(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
chibuike53:

Then why make such illogical assertion...planes vs copters

That's what you should have initially asked before making a very stupid intuition and as a matter of fact it certainly would sound illogical to you because you are stupid anyway..
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Metrofox(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
LEBEfirstson:

lol..a black box is not actually black but yellow in color..read a book
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by LEBEfirstson: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Please, lecture that ignoramus.

Go and learn
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by LEBEfirstson: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
Metrofox:

lol..a black box is not actually black but yellow in color..read a book

This one just said yellow., others dey tuk orange

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Living At Ghana? Students / Bridge Collapse: Enugu Inner City Roads Suffer Overuse And Degradation / FRSC List Of Approved Centers For Number Plates Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.