Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,127 members, 7,849,513 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau (19719 Views)

Crashed Bell Helicopter Pilot Had No Valid License - AIB / Crashed Bell Helicopter Declared Non-Airworthy 3 Years Ago, Owners Tricked NCAA / Iran Will Not Give Black Box From Crashed Ukrainian Airliner To Boeing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by LEBEfirstson: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
dejavuh0007:

Black boxes aren't necessarily black in colour. in fact, they're usually a bright orange so to make it more visible in a wreckage or at the bottom of the ocean floor. so, I doubt that's the black box. Someone has even pointed out earlier that this particular helicopter model does not come fitted with a black box.

Too many ignorant people here.. Lack of knowledge
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dreamliner787:

That's what you should have initially asked before making a very stupid intuition and as a matter of fact it certainly would sound illogical to you because you are stupid anyway..

let me pretend like I didn't see the subtle insult....anyway, sorry for my previous outburst.
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Dreamliner787(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
chibuike53:

let me pretend like I didn't see the subtle insult....anyway, sorry for my previous outburst.

It's nothing bro, You welcome wink
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by 2cribz: 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dem 4just land 4roof.naija manage manage .nawa o. Helicopter sef na olden days type

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5aMT9MBfZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbfeb-nNnds
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by captain247: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
They are looking for the black box so as to enable them find fault from the pilot if he gave wrong commands on use of engines and communications recorded before the incident.
We have similar device on ships too known as "Voyage Data Recorder. But the SOLAS Convention (The International Convention for Safety of Life at Sea, Chapter V. regulation 20) mandate every ship greater than 3000GRT and ships constructed on or after 1st July 2002 to carry a VDR onboard but vessels of lesser gross tonnage are not to carry a VDR as they are restricted in area of voyages and operation. So also it may not be mandated to carry black box on every air craft base on their own regulation and convention.
Those carrying out investigation suppose to know the standard requirements for that craft and also the NCAA issuing the licence as well supposed to have a regulation of annual inspection of all air craft as certified for air space and safe for carriage of persons.
There are things that organisations are not supppse to joke with especially when it has to do with Human life.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by zikter(m): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
PDPdestroyer:
The kind of comments I've read here on this topic is just appalling. There's a dearth of quality and informed users on nairaland, kids who know next to nothing are here in the majority.
Black boxes don't prevent a crash from happening, it only gives investigators a lead into what could have been responsible after a crash has occured.
Very mentally lazy people on nairaland. This is heartbreaking

1 Like

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Sharmeenator(m): 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
kalvoken:

It's not just the politicians, we all are badly fucking this nation to coma.

On point....you can't say it better
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by etibaba(m): 2:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
Oshlander:

I thought Black Box is always in Orange colour and not black colour.

Sorry if I'm wrong though.
You don't need to apologise cos the colour of a plane or helicopters black box is orange.
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
helinues:
How?

Can a car with no engine move? undecided
Are you serious or you're just trying to be funny

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by zoedew: 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dark helicopter!
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by kalvoken(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
27Pushing30:

Per the bolded ... you’re stupid

Yeah, an average black man is.
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Basher8583: 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lorechino:
Make una kuku tell us say una don't know wetin e be or una no go fit analyze am

Even developed countries d crack brain to analyze it not to talk of sixth world nation like naija

why are you always in a rush to expose your illiteracy?
Obviously your brain did not process nor read the entire post.

Go to school dem no go gree
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Temptee101(m): 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
What is stopping them from borrowing the box from China.

Borrow borrow govt, very swallow and slow in thinking.

RIP chika!
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Miracle1991: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
ObaKlaz:
Not a new scenario, actually...

Just as Nigeria is on autopilot and has no president.
and people like Will be crying WICH HUNTING if corrupt politians from your ethnic group or party get arrested.
Hypocrite
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by ObaKlaz: 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Miracle1991:
and people like Will be crying WICH HUNTING if corrupt politians from your ethnic group or party get arrested.
Hypocrite
Aren't you just dimwitted to assume that I defend corruption on tribal basis?? Your sick emotions got the better of you that you couldn't even type correctly! People who're corrupt and those defending them by playing tribe cards ought to be put on slaughter slabs.

Go away and quit being such a dick.
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Wiseoldman: 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
mansakhalifa:

And where is the blackbox in that picture? smiley

I hope you are not one of those who believe that "black boxes are black". grin

Don't hurt my feelings, bro.

Lol, he is one of those actually.

Very unfortunate incident, had a couple of near misses myself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Wiseoldman: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dreamliner787:
Now you see why I prefer Airplanes to copters? grin
R I P to the dead thoo

Prefer? It is usually not a matter of choice. How will an airplane land on a 10sqmtr target in the middle of the gulf of guinea. Only a chopper can do that. Men and women make these flights everyday from PHC to keep the black gold that powers the nation flowing.

Give them some respect!
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by dikeigbo2(m): 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
yeye really dey smell.......maybe it has turned to white box and flew away into sambisa forest..
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by AmuDimpka: 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
I just love naija! impossibility is nothing here

my first time of hearing this
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Lorechino(m): 11:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
Basher8583:

why are you always in a rush to expose your illiteracy?
Obviously your brain did not process nor read the entire post.

PHD holder

Weldon ooooooooo u that understandet all things
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 30, 2020
Wiseoldman:

Lol, he is one of those actually.

Very unfortunate incident, had a couple of near misses myself.

That fellow's downright ignorant.
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 30, 2020
Helicopter has no blackbox
only in nigeria
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 30, 2020
Basher8583:

w

since naira marley say education na scam many naija youths no dey take education serious again cheesy
some of the comments here are hilarious cheesy
i saw one comment here someone was saying about preferin flying by plane than helicopter cos plane was safer to fly than helicopter cos plane has blackbox grin
another one was saying blackbox is a box painted black grin
And Its like many nairaland users here dont even know what is the function of blackbox grin
and we claim to be very knowledgable grin
chai! grin
weda na the effect of too much telemondo and BBN cause this ignorance i dont know grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Basher8583: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2020
Lorechino:

PHD holder

Weldon ooooooooo u that understandet all things

Point of correction. I'm educated but no phd holder. I only ensure I read post thoroughly before quoting it. You should too cause Goofing at your age is unacceptable.
Re: Lagos Crash: Bell Helicopter Has No Black Box - Accident Investigation Bureau by Basher8583: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2020
lefulefu:
since naira marley say education na scam many naija youths no dey take education serious again cheesy
some of the comments here are hilarious cheesy
i saw one comment here someone was saying about preferin flying by plane than helicopter cos plane was safer to fly than helicopter cos plane has blackbox grin
another one was saying blackbox is a box painted black grin
And Its like many nairaland users here dont even know what is the function of blackbox grin
and we claim to be very knowledgable grin
chai! grin
weda na the effect of too much telemondo and BBN cause this ignorance i dont know grin

Abi oh. You are so on point

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Living At Ghana? Students / Born In UK But Living In Nigeria / Bridge Collapse: Enugu Inner City Roads Suffer Overuse And Degradation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.