Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North (41332 Views)

2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition / In Case You Missed-middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits –jerry Gana / APC Crisis: South-West Governors Divided Over Bid To Remove Oshiomhole - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by oshozondii: 6:35am On Aug 30, 2020
THE crisis rocking the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) is not going away any time soon. Apart from the formation of a splinter group in the North, the South West NBA with the highest number of lawyers has also not abandoned its threat to break away from the national body.

In protesting the outcome of the just-concluded election of the association, South West Lawyers’ Forum known as Egbe Amofin, unequivocally said it would likely lead its members elsewhere, if the election that produced new president, Olumide Akpata, is not voided.

In a letter to the Trustees of the association, Egbe Amofin, which supported the candidacy of Deacon Dele Adesina, SAN, alleged electoral fraud and demanded wholesale cancellation of the election. Responding to the petition from Adesina who lost the presidential contest to Akpata, a member of the Outer Bar, the Trustees, led by a former president of the association, Olisa Agbakoba, SAN, regretted the shortcomings of the poll, but pleaded with the petitioner to accept the outcome in the “larger interest of the NBA.”

Adesina and Egbe Amofin have yet to make their next line of action known regarding the refusal of the Trustees to void the election. Chief Niyi Akintola, SAN, a frontline leader of Egbe Amofin, who signed the Forum’s disavowal and threat to form a new lawyers’ association, told Sunday Tribune at the weekend that the Forum would meet this week to deliberate on the developing issues within the association.

He didn’t give a specific day of the week for the meeting and was certain a decision had not been taken. He lamented the crisis rocking the association, adding that the leaders of the Bar in the South West are monitoring the situation.

In the heat of the postelection protestation by lawyers from the South West, a name and logo of a supposed new association flew around. The supposed new association’s name was Nigeria Lawyers’ Association (NLA).

Another prominent South West lawyer not opposed to new associations coming out of NBA is Mr Femi Falana, SAN. Immediately after the disputed poll, he had penned an accusatory op-ed, condemning the process and the outcome, noting that nothing made membership of NBA mandatory.

Scion of one of the longest-serving presidents of the association, Chief Ladi Rotimi- Williams, SAN is against factionalisation, but he insisted that if it must be, then it should be in a larger context. Quoting him, “First, I don’t subscribe to NBA being split.

We met it as NBA when we became lawyers and it must remain, except the country itself is split into parts and it is not happening. “I believe in an election someone must win and whoever loses should approach the tribunal or court. Two, (Olumide) Akpata is part of the greater Yoruba nation outside the South-West, so he is one of us. Three, Yoruba themselves are not united,” he said.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/nba-crisis-south-west-may-likely-follow-north/amp/

Olumide Akpata

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Lordjiggs09(m): 6:44am On Aug 30, 2020
Is this the beginning of the end? I see this snowballing into something bigger.

P.S: I'm not a sympathizer of any breakaway group.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Abraham22(m): 6:49am On Aug 30, 2020
Okay

2 Likes

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by muykem: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2020
They are just ranting. They can't go to anywhere, is olumide Fulani man?

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by olisaEze(m): 7:13am On Aug 30, 2020
The write up says a group that supports the election loser has made threats to breakaway and form their own because the SW has majority, they never said they’ll follow the North. Which kind slave mentality u dey try impose on SW’ern lawyers?

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Danzakidakura(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:
Let us separate.. The north is a parasite.... They have chunks of useless graduate dt calls themselves lawyers..... Sumone from islamic law wud be contending with someone that has exposure than him in the South..

My stay in the north, I realized that in the law department, some students complain. Mainly Christian students that all they teach mostly is Islamic law and what use is that to them... They are hear to study law, not bombarding them with Islamic law..

We don't care... We south west own the larger members in NBA...

Truly NBA depends on southwest lawyers.. The moment yoruba lawyers split FROM THE ASSOCIATION, then notin like NBA again...

Truly truly yorubas are the glue holding this nation in all ramifications..

But enough of holding this failed experiment called a nation... Let's go our way.....

Omo luabi are the best.....

Let's go our way... This unholy wedding cannot work..

The north is a parasite
Vultures. After insulting others now you want to go your separate ways. Just try it and see if bullet will not land on that your scratched face.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by frankyychiji(f): 7:26am On Aug 30, 2020
malele:
What kind of traitors is southwest to the south.
If this news is true , I spit on u southwest
Well I like to believe this happened before the hell rufai debacle, otherwise, it's a monumental shame on SW lawyers.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by wingmanIII: 7:28am On Aug 30, 2020
So because an Edo born Olumide Akpata won the NBA national president,the Yoruba lawyers want to create their own faction. If the election was rigged, can't they go to court?
Nigeria is never a nation. Tueh!
Shame on all the rabid tribalists

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by frankyychiji(f): 7:28am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:
Let us separate.. The north is a parasite.... They have chunks of useless graduate dt calls themselves lawyers..... Sumone from islamic law wud be contending with someone that has exposure than him in the South..

My stay in the north, I realized that in the law department, some students complain. Mainly Christian students that all they teach mostly is Islamic law and what use is that to them... They are hear to study law, not bombarding them with Islamic law..

Truly NBA depends on southwest lawyers.. The moment yoruba lawyers split FROM THE ASSOCIATION, then notin like NBA again...

But enough of holding this failed experiment called a nation... Let's go our way.....

The north is a parasite
Say something else mbok! Secession is not for the lily-livered cheesy

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2020
One of their own is NBA president yet they are threatening to scatter the NBA.

If it was Igbo people they will be masturbating everywhere that Igbos don't like themselves.

I suppose the Yoruba lawyers threatening to join the North are sponsored by MURIC.

Las las, na Yoruba Muslims go be the undoing of the Southwest.

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Arrewa: 7:51am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:

The north is a parasite
All I see in your write up is deep hatred for the north!

The hatred you have for the north is so deep.

Keep hating bro... The hatred you have for us is making us stronger than ever before!

So good luck with your hatred

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Charmingrascal(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2020
malele:
What kind of traitors is southwest to the south.
If this news is true , I spit on u southwest

Your forefathers have been spited on long ago reason why your region is landlocked.

Ode did not even read before displaying his impudency.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2020
Awol1:
One of their own is NBA president yet they are threatening to scatter the NBA.

If it was Igbo people they will be masturbating everywhere that Igbos don't like themselves.

I suppose the Yoruba lawyers threatening to join the North are sponsored by MURIC.

Las las, na Yoruba Muslims go be the undoing of the Southwest.
They are creating a new association and not joining the north

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 30, 2020
Let the balkanization begin

4 Likes

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by helinues: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2020
If lawyers are having factions, abeg who go determine the judgement?

undecided

8 Likes

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 30, 2020
Arrewa:

All I see in your write up is deep hatred for the north!

The hatred you have for the north is so deep.

Keep hating bro... The hatred you have for us is making us stronger than ever before!

So good luck with your hatred

Bro I am not hating..... I love the north... I was there....

But northerners has taken religion in every thing.. They are too sentimental.

What have u said abt the guy that was sentenced to death...
Arrewa what is ur verdict

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Arrewa: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Bro I am not hating..... I love the north... I was there....

But northerners has taken religion in every thing.. They are too sentimental.

What have u said abt the guy that was sentenced to death...
Arrewa what is ur verdict
i have already made it clear...

I'm not a religious bigot... I value humanity and nature before anything.

As for kano... Kano is a Sharia practicing state. The state has it own law!

Why break the law?? If he want to insult Prophet Muhammad why not insult him in Anambra or imo? He won't have been in this situation.

Respect the law of any where you find yourself or you leave the place if their law isn't suitable for you.

I know our people and I know very well that they don't joke with religion.

You can theif and Sharia might pardone you... But when you insult the Prophet that's the end.

If you know you want to insult prophet Mohammed then kano is not the best place to do so.

You have to respect the law of the state as long as you are under the jurisdiction of the state.

Insulting Muslims and the north isn't going to Change anything maybe time will...

Some Islamic countries don't sentence people to death for insulting the Prophet while some do...

So if you know you want to insult Prophet Muhammad... Kano is not the right place!

If you don't like Sharia law.... Pls stay away from kano state.

Maybe with time things will change but for now we can't do anything about that.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2020
Danzakidakura:
Vultures. After insulting others now you want to go your separate ways. Just try it and see if bullet will not land on that your scratched face.

Sick fellow

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Pentagon007: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2020
Ndi Oluwole..In which statistics is it proven that SW have more lawyers in NBA more than the SE? Mind you that the SE produces more Law graduates than every region in Nigeria.

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 30, 2020
Arrewa:

I await ur response on the Verdict of the guy dt is about to be murdered for religion

2 Likes

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by favor914: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2020
Pimpmaride:

The north is a parasite
Bigot try borrow common sense, can’t you comprehend?

Scion of one of the longest-serving presidents of the association, Chief Ladi Rotimi- Williams, SAN is against factionalisation, but he insisted that if it must be, then it should be in a larger context. Quoting him, “First, I don’t subscribe to NBA being split.

We met it as NBA when we became lawyers and it must remain, except the country itself is split into parts and it is not happening
. “I believe in an election someone must win and whoever loses should approach the tribunal or court. Two, (Olumide) Akpata is part of the greater Yoruba nation outside the South-West, so he is one of us. Three, Yoruba themselves are not united,” he said.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2020
favor914:
Bigot try borrow common sense, can’t you comprehend?

We met it as NBA when we became lawyers and it must remain, except the country itself is split into parts and it is not happening
. “I believe in an election someone must win and whoever loses should approach the tribunal or court. Two, (Olumide) Akpata is part of the greater Yoruba nation outside the South-West, so he is one of us. Three, Yoruba themselves are not united,” he said.

It Sud split

1 Like

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by bjdon: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2020
The SW lawyers want to do to Akpata, what Awo did to Zik. Zik won the election in the west and was set to become premier. Overnight all the Yoruba members of the NCNC defected to Awo's action group.
The SW are the most tribal people in Nigeria. The North and SS should form an alliance and be done with these SW bigots

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Iamgrey5(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2020
helinues:
If lawyers are having factions, abeg who go determine the judgement?

undecided
Judges bro

Lawyers don't determine any Judgement..

6 Likes

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Born2Breed(f): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2020
grin
Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by ChiefOloye(m): 8:15am On Aug 30, 2020
I knew it would come to this, in days to their election, fictitious names were found in the voters register, nothing substantive was done about anomalies, you want the "loser" of the compromised election to accept defeat just like that. We are joking!

2 Likes

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by Iamgrey5(m): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2020
wingmanIII:
So because an Edo born Olumide Akpata won the NBA national president,the Yoruba lawyers want to create their own faction. If the election was rigged, can't they go to court?
Nigeria is never a nation. Tueh!
Shame on all the rabid tribalists
South west lawyers, not Yoruba lawyers..

There are lot of Yoruba lawyers in the middle belt.

Even Olumide Akpata( Apata as it spelt in Yoruba) Ancestors have a strong relationship with Yorubas

His name can only be interpreted with Yoruba Language.

Olumide the rock.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North by helinues: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Judges bro

Lawyers don't determine any Judgement..

So judges are not lawyers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting / EFCC Seals Obiano’s Mansions At Ngozika Estate / 13-year-old Zuriel Oduwole Interviews Buhari In The US(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.