Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

There Is More To Falling In Love Than You Thought You Knew! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There Is More To Falling In Love Than You Thought You Knew! (189 Views)

Saw This Beautiful Damsel And I Thought You Might Just Want To Gaze Into Her / Just When You Thought You Have Seen It All / I Met My Husband On A Bus After Falling Asleep On His Shoulder. Lady Says. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Is More To Falling In Love Than You Thought You Knew! by afaatng: 9:41am On Aug 30, 2020
Came across some fascinating, eye opening facts about love.

So i decided i was going to write about it and learn more.

If you are anything like me, you must have wondered if love is really blind?

What are the facts about love's eyesight?

Why is it that we feel the way we feel when we are "supposedly" in love?

Why do people desperately want that partner that shows little or no interest in them?

Are some people in-capable of loving?

The art of Loving is weird science, and there is more to this weird chemistry than you thought you knew.

This post will be revealing few of the facts you should know about love.

Below are 5 Facts about Love You didn't Know

Do We Love with our Hearts or Heads?

The general idea is we love with our hearts not with our heads but that statement is not 100% accurate.

Your brain is as important as much as your heart, and that's why it's been proven that falling in love is like taking a dose of coke.

No, I am not talking about coca-cola.

Falling in love hits our brain in the exact pattern cocaine does.

It affects the intellectual part of our brains and creates a similar sensation as when cocaine is in the human body.

This is according to a study focused on the Neuroimaging of Love that was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine by researchers from Syracuse University.

The researchers discovered chemicals such as dopamine, vasopressin, oxytocin, and adrenaline in different areas of the brain.

These are euphoria-inducing chemicals and are responsible for feelings of great elation.

To answer the question - Do we love with our hearts or head?

The author of the research Professor Stephanie Ortigue has this to say:

"That’s a tricky question always. I would say the brain, but the heart is also related because the complex concept of love is formed by both bottom-up and top-down processes from the brain to the heart and vice versa."

"For instance, activation in some parts of the brain can generate stimulations to the heart, butterflies in the stomach. Some symptoms we sometimes feel as a manifestation of the heart may sometimes be coming from the brain."

"There is a lot of activities in our brains when we are in love and when love goes wrong, things happen there too."

"When heartbroken, these brain activities appear to be the reason some people stand the risk of emotional distress and depression."

In simple English, love can be.....

CONTINUE READING >>>> FACTS ABOUT LOVE

(1) (Reply)

Must Watch!!! Ritual Prank / The Bb Housemates Coins On Frontpage / Czech Africa Economic Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.