Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,625 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061257 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
sheuk: The VO asked how did my brother gets into the US? i paused i wasnt prepared to travel then anyway, i goofed. and i also have all the detailed documents of my brother then, i was asked series of question except that, so i was denied. i applied alone then anyway, i wasnt married. Whats my chance now and how do i go about it this time to get a chance of success??

Regards.

Now you can't get to change your permanent details on the DS-160 except the flexible issues that have made your status to change from 2010 till now.

Know more about your brother's current situation in the States and show more confidence during interview.

Hope you have travelled previously since 2010 as your reason for travel is tourism?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sheuk: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
My status and job has changed, i now work in a different place entirely, now i am married wth kids, now i have travel experience to uk many times wth my family. so what do i do?...Do i still have to use my broda info or go for tourism wth my family in a different way wthout any brothers info. tnx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
sheuk: My status and job has changed, i now work in a different place entirely, now i am married wth kids, now i have travel experience to uk many times wth my family. so what do i do?...Do i still have to use my broda info or go for tourism wth my family in a different way wthout any brothers info. tnx

Your brother's information is forever tied to your profile. Do not attempt to deny this fact in your application.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sheuk: 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
so i shuld still say i have someone in the US? secondly,will i apply wth my properties business or my monthly jobs details info? i thought i can just ignore the fact that i ve somebody in the US and start a fresh and genuine information about myself and family.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
sheuk: so i shuld still say i have someone in the US? secondly,will i apply wth my properties business or my monthly jobs details info? i thought i can just ignore the fact that i ve somebody in the US and start a fresh and genuine information about myself and family.

No sir, you cannot start a fresh application. Continue with an existing one.

State all your ties to Nigeria. Earnings and properties inclusive. Never know when a CO might get inquisitive.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sheuk: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Many thankz tsetsefly, so i will still go ahead n say i ve a brother, but will 1.2m ok for my acct balance for the 4 of us? family of 4 i mean
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
iluvweed

Congrats to you and your family. Where did the interview hold? Abj or Lag?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by iluvweed(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Phema:

Congrats to you and your family. Where did the interview hold? Abj or Lag?

Thanks Lag.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by DobraDobra: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
sheuk: Many thankz tsetsefly, so i will still go ahead n say i ve a brother, but will 1.2m ok for my acct balance for the 4 of us? family of 4 i mean

Bro, one important thing I noticed here is how your person in America get into America and have his papers. I noticed people that entered fraudulently or on visiting visa and end up overataying cause problem at d embassy for people that they claim to invite hope u are not affected with dis
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babylawyr(f): 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hi Tzetzefly and other house mates,

My case is a bit related to that of Mr Sheuk above,it has been bothering me for a while now but seeing Mr. Sheuk's post just set me off.

I really dunno why I was denied a US visiting visa in 2013, however, the last question i was asked by the VO was how did my sister get into the US. i was not prepared for the question, i cant even remember how i answered, i must have said she is a legal resident or something worse cry.

However, let me emphasis that my sister went to the US on a visiting visa in 2002 or so, she never overstayed her visa tenure she comes back regularly and she is currently LPR (Green card holder) now (thanks to her current employers). She has successfully invited several people in the past who obtained visas including my parents.

From my myopic point of view, i felt that i was denied cos all my siblings live are in the US (legally, if i may add) (i had to disclose that on the Visa Form), and the VO feels/felt i want to escape and join the party.

I have travel history, been to the UK a couple of times and some other random places.
I have a stable job with enough money to sponsor myself.

I plan to apply again in Oct or Nov and i need help with answering the following questions i feel may come up:

1. Why were you denied a visa in 2013.

2. How did your sister/brother enter the US.

3. How many of your siblings do you plan to visit during your vacation.

Also, am considering getting another of my sibling to invite me or at least i will state that i will be staying with him/her and get an invitation letter. Is it wise? Will they think am avoiding something? or should i just stick to the sibling used previously.

[s]Worst case scenario i can wait till one of them is graduating next year and state that i am going for the graduation. (no plenty story)[/s]

Please am happy to receive as many opinions/suggestions/recommendations as possible.

Looking forward to the responses. Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kay2000(m): 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
I wish to say thank you to Nairaland and a couple of consultants here on travel section. Just wise, thanks a lot. My US B1 B2 visa was given to me on wednesday in Abj. It was my first time to apply at the US embassy. Though I hv previously visited some countries in Europe. This is an added advantage. My interview was less than 3 mins. Basically you need to be who u claim to be on ur DS 160 online form. You should give clear and consise responeses to their questions. No beating around. Go straight to the point. When asked a YES or NO questions, answer either YES or NO. Don't explain unless you are asked to. Are you married? Say YES or NO, if divorced or seperated say it. And look straight into their eyes. And be calm and talk gently. Don't shout, don't rush. When u speak gently they will hear. And it gives some level of confidence. Don't trust in your documents cos they most likely don't even ask to see any, except when they are in doubt. So generally, you need to satisfy 3 conditions mainly.... Family ties, Economic tie and previous travelling history. Also, your DS 160 form should be filled correctly online. Most times they would have made decisions based on the information supplied online. Goodluck to all Aspiring apllicants.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by twizzie: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thanks for the info..
The thing is she is not a US citizen.. She has the H1-b category visa. She schooled in the US and has been living there for a while now. She is just filing for her perm residency sef.
so can they still go for the K3?

tzetzefly:

Your brother should stop wasting his money and follow these procedure below:

As a U.S. citizen, let your brother's spouse try bringing him over to the States through these two ways:

1. Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) - An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.

2. Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place.

After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case.

Two petitions are required: Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130, and Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
twizzie: Thanks for the info..
The thing is she is not a US citizen.. She has the H1-b category visa. She schooled in the US and has been living there for a while now. She is just filing for her perm residency sef.
so can they still go for the K3?

H-1B visa holders can bring their spouse and children under 21 years of age to the US under the H4 Visa category as dependants.

An H4 Visa holder is allowed to remain in the US as long as the H-1B visa holder remains in legal status.

While, an H4 visa holder is not eligible to work in the US, they may attend school, obtain a driver's license and open a bank account while in the US.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
babylawyr: Hi Tzetzefly and other house mates,

My case is a bit related to that of Mr Sheuk above,it has been bothering me for a while now but seeing Mr. Sheuk's post just set me off.

I really dunno why I was denied a US visiting visa in 2013, however, the last question i was asked by the VO was how did my sister get into the US. i was not prepared for the question, i cant even remember how i answered, i must have said she is a legal resident or something worse cry.

However, let me emphasis that my sister went to the US on a visiting visa in 2002 or so, she never overstayed her visa tenure she comes back regularly and she is currently LPR (Green card holder) now (thanks to her current employers). She has successfully invited several people in the past who obtained visas including my parents.

From my myopic point of view, i felt that i was denied cos all my siblings live are in the US (legally, if i may add) (i had to disclose that on the Visa Form), and the VO feels/felt i want to escape and join the party.

I have travel history, been to the UK a couple of times and some other random places.
I have a stable job with enough money to sponsor myself.

I plan to apply again in Oct or Nov and i need help with answering the following questions i feel may come up:

1. Why were you denied a visa in 2013.

2. How did your sister/brother enter the US.

3. How many of your siblings do you plan to visit during your vacation.

Also, am considering getting another of my sibling to invite me or at least i will state that i will be staying with him/her and get an invitation letter. Is it wise? Will they think am avoiding something? or should i just stick to the sibling used previously.

[s]Worst case scenario i can wait till one of them is graduating next year and state that i am going for the graduation. (no plenty story)[/s]

Please am happy to receive as many opinions/suggestions/recommendations as possible.

Looking forward to the responses. Thank you.

You can visit the States without IV letters from your siblings. However, you need to indicate their presence in the States on your DS-160 once you apply.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sheuk: 9:15am On Jul 08, 2014
[b]Babylawyr [/b]i follow u. pls house ttreat our case as urgently as required because we re both sightin the same scenerio here. Gurus abeg o, we need an explicit solution and idea on dis matter if we re to apply with the intentions of staying in an hotel for our visit or tourism with the family? or to do what plss i still cnt gegt it right here house!!!
Many tnx all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by skimmeh1: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
good evening all, i need urgent information for someone whose visa appointment is for next week on how to pay SEVIS fee from Nigeria
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
skimmeh1: good evening all, i need urgent information for someone whose visa appointment is for next week on how to pay SEVIS fee from Nigeria

Ask your question here
https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by twizzie: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2014
Thanks for the info. Pls What do you advice we do now? Should we write a letter or petition?

@tzetzefly]

H-1B visa holders can bring their spouse and children under 21 years of age to the US under the H4 Visa category as dependants.

An H4 Visa holder is allowed to remain in the US as long as the H-1B visa holder remains in legal status.

While, an H4 visa holder is not eligible to work in the US, they may attend school, obtain a driver's license and open a bank account while in the US.[/quote]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
twizzie: Thanks for the info. Pls What do you advice we do now? Should we write a letter or petition?

She should contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for further directive.

However, to obtain an H-4 visa to enter the U.S. with their H-1B beneficiary spouse, both husband and wife should visit the U.S. Consulate located in their home country and apply for both the H-1B visa and the
H-4 visa simultaneously.

All required documentation should be brought to the U.S. Consulate at this time.

Similarly, if an H-1B holder is in the U.S. and his/her spouse is overseas, the
spouse may apply for an H-4 visa at the
U.S. Consulate by himself/herself in the
home country.

H-4 visa holders may later change their status to anyone of the following: H-1, F-1 , B-1 , B-2 , or other non-immigrant statuses, depending on their requirements.

H-4 holders may stay in the U.S. for a maximum period of six years.

Hope this is clear enough?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Folar2(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
tzetzefly:

Make an unpaid reservation in a hotel to support your application.

Present the invitation letter to the CO. And hope you know a lot about the convocant?

Proof of your ties to Nigeria.

You're in the visa category B1.

Thank you tzetzefly. however, please can you help me with the possible/likely question on the convocant? just to be prepare in case.....

Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
hello guys i need your help. i submitted.my ds160 form but.made a mistake what do i do please or can i fill another and submit again thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
phatrat: hello guys i need your help. i submitted.my ds160 form but.made a mistake what do i do please or can i fill another and submit again thank you

Yes. You can fill another one and submit.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2014
Hi pls advice accordingly. Though this is a NIV issue. Planning on using the drop box cause I am qualified to use it. The question is I live in port harcourt. Can I use the dhl services in port harcourt to drop it off for me or I need to go to lagos/abuja to drop it off myself?

Has anyone used it successfully here on d thread?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fatfatty: 10:35am On Jul 10, 2014
Hello house,
Planning to apply for US visa with my wife and a kid soonest but d surname on my wife's passport is still her father's name and she renewed d passport not so long ago.
Is it compulsory she change d surname to my surname or our marriage cert would do d work?
Kindly advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fatfatty: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2014
meggy11: Hi pls advice accordingly. Though this is a NIV issue. Planning on using the drop box cause I am qualified to use it. The question is I live in port harcourt. Can I use the dhl services in port harcourt to drop it off for me or I need to go to lagos/abuja to drop it off myself?

Has anyone used it successfully here on d thread?
Dnt think u need to go to lagos or abuja for dat.
Will advice u do any of these two:
1: go to dhl office in ur location and make enquiry. They should av a section for dat cos dey av in lagos.
Or
2: call nigeria US embassy customer service for enquiry on +23414406297. Am sure they would guide u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2014
fatfatty: Hello house,
Planning to apply for US visa with my wife and a kid soonest but d surname on my wife's passport is still her father's name and she renewed d passport not so long ago.
Is it compulsory she change d surname to my surname or our marriage cert would do d work?
Kindly advice

That is not a problem. Let her use the passport in her maiden name and go to the interview with her marriage certificate and change of name documents.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Oludele1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
Pls what is the supporting documents for visitor visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fatfatty: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2014
Phema:

That is not a problem. Let her use the passport in her maiden name and go to the interview with her marriage certificate and change of name documents.

Goodluck.

Thank you Phema.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
fatfatty:
Dnt think u need to go to lagos or abuja for dat.
Will advice u do any of these two:
1: go to dhl office in ur location and make enquiry. They should av a section for dat cos dey av in lagos.
Or
2: call nigeria US embassy customer service for enquiry on +23414406297. Am sure they would guide u

Thanks a lot.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wunmi38: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
Good day,
I have an issue that I feel the house can help out. i applied for us visa twice in dec last yr and January this year but I don't know why we were denied but I will narrate all that I went through
In December I applied along with my wife under B1/B2 for medical that we wanted to go over to deliver in the us I paid a clinic in Texas and I was given letter of responsibility and I booked for hotel and we went but was denied. I went back in January but this time I made a part payment of the total of 5250 and I paid 3000 us dollars and a receipt was issued to me and another letter of responsibility but this time I got a letter of invitation along with all that I have from the hospital and I made use of the address on the form DS160 but to my surprise were denied. its not our first time outside the country we have travelled together to the UK before. please I need your assistance to see if there is anything I did wrong because am planning to apply along with my wife and son come January they will be travelling to UK next month but I will be applying for renewal of my UK visa after wish I will be applying along with my family by January.
thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 1:00am On Jul 11, 2014
wunmi38: Good day,
I have an issue that I feel the house can help out. i applied for us visa twice in dec last yr and January this year but I don't know why we were denied but I will narrate all that I went through
In December I applied along with my wife under B1/B2 for medical that we wanted to go over to deliver in the us I paid a clinic in Texas and I was given letter of responsibility and I booked for hotel and we went but was denied. I went back in January but this time I made a part payment of the total of 5250 and I paid 3000 us dollars and a receipt was issued to me and another letter of responsibility but this time I got a letter of invitation along with all that I have from the hospital and I made use of the address on the form DS160 but to my surprise were denied. its not our first time outside the country we have travelled together to the UK before. please I need your assistance to see if there is anything I did wrong because am planning to apply along with my wife and son come January they will be travelling to UK next month but I will be applying for renewal of my UK visa after wish I will be applying along with my family by January.
thank you

To get a better advice, why don't you share your interview transcripts for both visits to the embassy. Questions you were asked and how you answered them.
Also you can ask your question here
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omobabe1(m): 11:25am On Jul 11, 2014
hi nairalanders, a very big thank you to tzetzefly for the big contribution you directions you gave concerning my friends
us appointent date issue,i has schedule appointment went for interview last week three days b4 the US church convention
he was given 2years multiple b1/b2.
please tzetzefly my friend cannot attend the conference again
my question is.how soon can he use the visa for tourism or can he use it for another conference?
and also in the visa they wrote annotation please what is the meaning of this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.