Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:49 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1071326 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2014
meggy11:

Oh really? I called d embassy to throw
more lyt on d process and I was told I
have to go to the embasy where d visa
was issued to drop it and I have to go in person.so that means I will still travel and it kept me wondering y it is called a drop box? So I wanted to knw how the successful ones did theirs cos dunno if I didn't hear dat oyibo woman's english well. I'd like successful ones or anyone that is familiar to this issue to clarify me on this pls.

Below is a website for you to study carefully:

https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//pr_12182013.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayoolaade: 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
tzetzefly:

@TZETZEFLY , please i really need to talk to you, very urgent bro, plsssssssssssssssss, its very urgent bro

Fill your current occupations now and during your interview, tell the CO the truth about your previous application and agent's action.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayoolaade: 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=ayoolaade][/quote]

@TZETZEFLY , please i really need to talk to you, very urgent bro, plsssssssssssssssss, its very urgent bro
Re: Usa Visit Visa by choco2014: 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hi i need help from gurus of forum.
I am new in this forum. I want to know that how much chances of getting USA visit visa we have? We want to apply for USA visit visa as a family group. History of my family is as follow. We are 3 sisters & 1 bro. my father is working in a well reputed Petroleum company in Nigeria & he has traveled different countries like Dubai more than 15 times, Nigeria more than 15times , UK 3 times and Doha Qatar 2 times, USA 1 time in 1988. my mother is house wife & have traveled in UK & KSA. My bother is studying and have traveled 2 times UK & 1 time KSA. We 3 sisters have traveled in KSA only. 2 are doing jobs and 1 is free and staying at home. As my father is working in Nigeria so bank statement is on my mother’s name in US dollars. Will it can b an issueKindly tell me how much chances of getting visa we all have We are from Pakistan so will apply from Pakistan. Thanks…
choco
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
ayoolaade:

Type in your question here, please....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
choco2014: Hi i need help from gurus of forum.
I am new in this forum. I want to know that how much chances of getting USA visit visa we have? We want to apply for USA visit visa as a family group. History of my family is as follow. We are 3 sisters & 1 bro. my father is working in a well reputed Petroleum company in Nigeria & he has traveled different countries like Dubai more than 15 times, Nigeria more than 15times , UK 3 times and Doha Qatar 2 times, USA 1 time in 1988. my mother is house wife & have traveled in UK & KSA. My bother is studying and have traveled 2 times UK & 1 time KSA. We 3 sisters have traveled in KSA only. 2 are doing jobs and 1 is free and staying at home. As my father is working in Nigeria so bank statement is on my mother’s name in US dollars. Will it can b an issueKindly tell me how much chances of getting visa we all have We are from Pakistan so will apply from Pakistan. Thanks…
choco

Questions for you to answer here:

1. Do you reside in Nigeria?

2. Who among your guys is applying for the U.S. visa?

3. Does he/she have a job and how long ago?

4. What is your purpose for travel?

5. Lastly, your age and do you hold dual nationality?

Something for you to note:

Each applicant is treated separately from the group.

Your sibling's and parent's travel experience applies to that individual who made the trip and does not favour an application made as part of a group.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by choco2014: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
yeap we knw dat every applicant in group is treated seaprately...answer of ur questions r as follow.
1. we r not residing in nigeria. we are pakistan nationals. only my father is doing job in nigeria.
2. we all in the form of group want to apply for the USA visit visa.
3. yes me, my father n 1 of my sistr doing jobs... brothr iz student n mothr house wife.
4. for visiting my uncle family ( my mom's brothr n his family)
5. no any of us is not holding dual nationality.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
choco2014: yeap we knw dat every applicant in group is treated seaprately...answer of ur questions r as follow.
1. we r not residing in nigeria. we are pakistan nationals. only my father is doing job in nigeria.
2. we all in the form of group want to apply for the USA visit visa.
3. yes me, my father n 1 of my sistr doing jobs... brothr iz student n mothr house wife.
4. for visiting my uncle family ( my mom's brothr n his family)
5. no any of us is not holding dual nationality.

Your uncle should write an IV to invite you all which would be presented to a VO if asked.

Your job and other social ties in Pakistan must be solid enough for each member of the group to be able to return back to.

Most importantly, know why you need to visit your relative in the States.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by x2lambo(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
tzetzefly:

If you're not a resident in South Africa, then this is impossible...

i reside in South Africa i have a valid working permit
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 1:47am On Jul 17, 2014
Tzetzefly, pls confirm is the bible training college a M-1 visa category?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoluabi1960: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2014
Hello tsetsefly suxex2005 and other gurus in the house..I am a first timer on this platform and was introduced here by a fiend who had a successful visa interview due to your help and pre interview counselling.

1.I have few travel history in my old passport which is missing but I have the data page ..expired 2010 places I visited then were egypt..malaysia..jamaica all for work related issues
2. My new e passport only had a visa before the chips got damaged due to lagos flood in 2012...I did a 1 yr course in russia then and visited nigeria twice during the process of schooling
3.I have a new int passport with visas I have not used..trinidad and tobago and cuba..I couldnt due to my wife's health but she is better
4. I am married with 3 kids
5.I earn 420k monthly working at the ministry of works and transport of my state
6. My wife works at an insurance company where she earns 180k monthly..
7. Her presence status is student cos she still schools in russia her residence just expired and she has a renewed visa already on her new passport too
8. I have my kid sister schooling in usa under my sponsorship at the moment.

Please we plan going for vacation what are our chances and finally we have never applied to the usa embassy ..our first time

Also do I include my travel history even as I dont have any evidence of it now on new passport as others are missing but atleast I havr copy of my expired russian residence or study permit with me.

Please your response and contributions will be highly appreciated .God bless the house
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2014
omoluabi1960: Hello tsetsefly suxex2005 and other gurus in the house..I am a first timer on this platform and was introduced here by a fiend who had a successful visa interview due to your help and pre interview counselling.

1.I have few travel history in my old passport which is missing but I have the data page ..expired 2010 places I visited then were egypt..malaysia..jamaica all for work related issues
2. My new e passport only had a visa before the chips got damaged due to lagos flood in 2012...I did a 1 yr course in russia then and visited nigeria twice during the process of schooling
3.I have a new int passport with visas I have not used..trinidad and tobago and cuba..I couldnt due to my wife's health but she is better
4. I am married with 3 kids
5.I earn 420k monthly working at the ministry of works and transport of my state
6. My wife works at an insurance company where she earns 180k monthly..
7. Her presence status is student cos she still schools in russia her residence just expired and she has a renewed visa already on her new passport too
8. I have my kid sister schooling in usa under my sponsorship at the moment.

Please we plan going for vacation what are our chances and finally we have never applied to the usa embassy ..our first time

Also do I include my travel history even as I dont have any evidence of it now on new passport as others are missing but atleast I havr copy of my expired russian residence or study permit with me.

Please your response and contributions will be highly appreciated .God bless the house

Evidence of past travels without entry stamps to prove these in a travel document, cannot be tendered as evidence of previous travel in the U.S. Diplomatic Mission.

Your travel documents is missing and that is final i must say. Photocopies of previously issued visas to other countries, are not valid for a U.S. visa application.

If you need to show that you travelled previously, then show this with a visa in an international passport even if it is damaged due to a broken microchip.

Each and everyone in the group need to show adequate ties to Nigeria in order to qualify.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:13am On Jul 17, 2014
superfavour: Tzetzefly, pls confirm is the bible training college a M-1 visa category?

An M-1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for vocational and technical schools.

To obtain an M-1 visa for traveling to the United States, a student must present a signed Form I-20 at a United States embassy or consulate in his home country.

The I-20 is issued by a designated school official, typically the international student adviser, after the student has fulfilled a school's admissions requirements and presented proof of financial resources.

For short periods of recreational study, a Visitor (B) visa can be used.

Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, which is not for credit toward a degree or academic certificate, is permitted on a visitor (B) visa.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2014
tzetzefly:

An M-1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for vocational and technical schools.

To obtain an M-1 visa for traveling to the United States, a student must present a signed Form I-20 at a United States embassy or consulate in his home country.

The I-20 is issued by a designated school official, typically the international student adviser, after the student has fulfilled a school's admissions requirements and presented proof of financial resources.

Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, which is not for credit toward a degree or academic certificate, is permitted on a visitor (B) visa.

Thanks,tzetzefly in essence toefl isn't applicable in the visa category?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2014
tzetzefly:

tzetzefly:
tzetzefly:

Re: Usa Visit Visa by soladnet14: 9:47am On Jul 17, 2014
[/b]Please pardon me for this my question[b]. how do people who doesnt have relatives or resides in Abuja but choose abuja as their interview center; make it early to the embassy especially those on 7:30am
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:34am On Jul 17, 2014
superfavour:

As long as it is not toward a degree or academic certificate.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2014
soladnet14: [/b]Please pardon me for this my question[b]. how do people who doesnt have relatives or resides in Abuja but choose abuja as their interview center; make it early to the embassy especially those on 7:30am

You arrive Abuja a day before your interview, while you check into a hotel nearby.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by superfavour(m): 10:50am On Jul 17, 2014
tzetzefly:

As long as it is not toward a degree or academic certificate.
Thank you so much cheesy[quote author=tzetzefly]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:56am On Jul 17, 2014
superfavour:
Thank you so much cheesy

Alright....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoluabi1960: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2014
@Tsetsefly.thanks for your response..so as regards my wife schooling in russia..who still has her work with the insurance company in nigeria..what should be her status?

As for me with missing passport there is a column indicating if I have a missing passport and to explain how it got missing..do I declare it or I should forget about declaring it since you advised that previous visa on missing passports dont count..
Waiting endlessly to read from you sir
Re: Usa Visit Visa by choco2014: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
thanks for ur assistance. tell me if VO have any issue wid any particular member of the group then visa will be refused of that particaular member only or of whole group?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
omoluabi1960: @Tsetsefly.thanks for your response..so as regards my wife schooling in russia..who still has her work with the insurance company in nigeria..what should be her status?

Her status should read where she works and fill study leave in your other information.

Come with original study permit visa and authorisation from her dept to proceed for holiday and transcripts if possible addressed in sealed envelopes to the United States Diplomatic Mission to Nigeria.

omoluabi1960: As for me with missing passport there is a column indicating if I have a missing passport and to explain how it got missing..do I declare it or I should forget about declaring it since you advised that previous visa on missing passports dont count..
Waiting endlessly to read from you sir

Indicate that your passport is missing and state how it got missing.

Also fill the countries you've visited in the past(only the one's you can prove with previous copies of valid visas).

COs do not take photocopies as original, but it will help you avoid future questioning and hassles as well as assist during Administrative Processes if need be.

Just make sure you bring copies with you along for your interview, you could be asked.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
choco2014: thanks for ur assistance. tell me if VO have any issue wid any particular member of the group then visa will be refused of that particaular member only or of whole group?

They do not discriminate, only the person(s) with inconclusive reason will be denied out of a group.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by soladnet14: 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
tzetzefly:

You arrive Abuja a day before your interview, while you check into a hotel nearby.

Thanks oga mi
Sir, I'll also need a vivid description on how to get to US Embassy, Abuja from Lagos, and if possible list of cheap hotel(s) close to the Embassy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by purplecircle: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
Hello Everyone, please I need a few clarification, at the interview point will they ask for letter of invitation, also documents to be taken to interview should they be copies or originals.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by iluvweed(m): 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pls Good people of NL....Is it true that when coming back from USA by direct flight, its between 12hrs-17hrs direct flight depending on the airline?
Do they take longer route back because when going its shorter distance.....Pls I need clarifications because I doubt if everyone coming from the USA sits on a single plane for 12hrs!!!........Chai..I don die oooh!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FriedFish: 9:20am On Jul 18, 2014
Good day house, i really need your advice.
My parents intend to spend their leave in the US, an aunt (my mom's sister) is the one inviting them over. My dad is to accompany my mom. My first question to the house is:
1) does my dad need to fill his own DS160 non immigrant form; as he is going as an a companion.

he didnt fill the DS160 online, because he was listed on my mom's DS160

with the confirmation number from my mom's application online we went on to make to make payment for both of them at GTB and got two reference numbers to book for an interview appointment next week.

opened a single profile using my mom's details, included my dad as well as her companion but we were required to put in a DS160 number, so we used the same number as the one used for my mom.

after choosing a date for interview; this notice showed up on the final confirmation page:
" PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED."

Please house what should we do?? should my dad go on to fill a DS160 form and should we cancel the old appointment and book a new one? what would be the implication of rescheduling? would we need to make new payments?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babyspice: 9:35am On Jul 18, 2014
you can actually fly up to 16 hours to the US in one plane ride!!!( Dubai to Houston) It depends on where you begin your journey. Usually trips to JFK are shorter if you connect through the Uk(10hrs or so) but direct flights are about the time you just quoted. its not easy, quite boring and even worse if you have little kids!!! trust me after flying that long, flying lagos london will be like driving from lagos to ibadan, blink and you are there!!! Actually did singapore-moscow(10hrs) ,layover(2hrs) moscow to houston (12hrs), still alive and kicking!!! trust me there are worse routes to get to the USA! going from nigeria is a breeze.
iluvweed: Pls Good people of NL....Is it true that when coming back from USA by direct flight, its between 12hrs-17hrs direct flight depending on the airline?
Do they take longer route back because when going its shorter distance.....Pls I need clarifications because I doubt if everyone coming from the USA sits on a single plane for 12hrs!!!........Chai..I don die oooh!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shollyboy2: 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
those Mofos reject me today, even though i answered all thier questions..... I think its just all about Luck to get a U.S Visa... been there to thier Interview Twice... Is it adviseable to try again?? or Try another country..
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
shollyboy2: those Mofos reject me today, even though i answered all thier questions..... I think its just all about Luck to get a U.S Visa... been there to thier Interview Twice... Is it adviseable to try again?? or Try another country..

Please let us know your excerpts so that we can discover what went wrong, anyway I heard most of the COs are high school leavers and are inexperienced
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee12345(m): 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
You only loose when you give up in your mind. I was rejected twice too before i got it on the 3rd try. So, how bad do you want it?

shollyboy2: those Mofos reject me today, even though i answered all thier questions..... I think its just all about Luck to get a U.S Visa... been there to thier Interview Twice... Is it adviseable to try again?? or Try another country..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.