Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059604 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
fehinebony: Hello everyone, I just want to say thank u to everyone who offered advice and suggestions on this thread and also to everyone that shared their interview experience. I had my interview today and it lasted less than 3mins. Here is how it went:
My number gets called in window 1
Vo: good morning, how are you doing(with a smile)
Me: very fine thank you, you
Vo: am good.
Vo: why are you traveling to the us
Me: vacation
Vo: can see you r traveling with your spouse
Me:yes
Vo: does he have an American visa
Me : yes he does
Vo: do you have his passport with you
Me :yes
I gave him my husbands passport and he starts typing on his computer
Vo: how long have you been married
Me: 2yrs
Vo: what does your spouse do
Me: bla bla bla
Vo: what do you
Me:bla bla bla
Vo: can see you are going to Maryland
Me: yes
Vo: do you have families or friends in Maryland
Me: no
Vo: is that where your spouse went on his last trip
Vo: do you have kids
Me:yes
Vo: how many
Me: 2
Vo: who will stay with your kids while you r away
Me: my mum
Vo: can see you've been to the Uk b4
Vo: have you travelled with your spouse to the uk
Vo: do you intend to see a doctor in the us
Me: no
He starts typing and then says am approving your visa, it will be ready on Wednesday, you can pick it up at ur preferred location

Me: thank you with a big smile

Booked my appointment in July, I took my time and read every single page on this thread and it was very helpful. I can say this is the best thread ever. Thanks again everyone.

The Chinese guy in windows 7 refused almost everyone while I was in there seems he doesn't like Nigerians (just saying)

For those about to apply just make sure you stick to all you filled in your Ds-160 form if you deviate from it you ll definitely be refused and also be well composed, be Bold and Dress your wage! All the best...

I thank ?God for your testimony and I tap into it too , really I hope I don't fall to that Chinese guys window , no positive stuff about him and eventually I do then I'll have a cause to testify
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
Will be going for my interview soon and my hubby will be sponsoring. I understand he has to give me a consent letter. Can someone please enlighten me on how this consent letter is drafted?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Thanks for all the advises from the house. My wife and I picked up our Passport today. We were given two years US visa with multiple entries, Inside our passports was a green paper telling us that we can renew our visa via the dropbox option without interview if we are eligible. We plan to travel in October. God bless. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
meggy11:

Are you for real? At this time and age? How can you advise people to lie about having siblings in the us? Pls guys try to be honest at all times. If you are caught in any form of dishonesty it can severely affect you now or in future. Guys be wise!!!!
@epotek, congrats for the approval of your visa. You have succeded in fooling the vo (I hope...) wish u all the best.

I believe you misunderstood my post. What I meant was that when I applied for my first US visa in 2008, I used a agent to fill the form at VI near the US embassy. At that time I had friends and distance relatives in the US who I have not had contact with in the last 15 years. So the agent advise me that I should not fill it in as I am not going to visit them since they live in other States different from the one I am going to. Also as first time applicant with fresh passport, it was important that I complete the form, with minimal tie to the US. I believed this advise coupled with document with made my first interview to be successful. The last interview was my second visit to the US embassy, with my and VO gave US 2 years.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Phema: Will be going for my interview soon and my hubby will be sponsoring. I understand he has to give me a consent letter. Can someone please enlighten me on how this consent letter is drafted?
it should be a letter consenting to your traveling and also authorizing you to present some of his personal documents e.g acct statement and or passport and also he promising to sponsor the trip but I don't think a consent letter is needed , let others contribute please we need ideas
Re: Usa Visit Visa by wand30: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Can I please get some help please about how to get my mum to visit my sister? She will be visiting my sister who is expecting a baby in the US and my sister will also be sponsoring the visit. We are not sure what documents exactly are needed to ensure the whole process is successful. Any link or advise will be appreciated.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stephy9(f): 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hello house..I work with Ericsson Please I need your advise. I would like to do my vacation in the USA dis august is it too late? And wat are the things I will need because I don't have anybody there. My leave starts aug 15 please help
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Largeabbey: 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
Did my interview today at the Lagos consulate, it was a denial again. I guess its not just yet time for me to see America. A girl I tried passing some of the knowledge I acquired on here got her visa approved even though she's single and blatantly told me that the marriage she intends going for is scheduled for Saturday which is two days from now. I was kinda surprise to see her give me a thumb up to indicate that her visa was approved even though the time frame was short and the marriage she intends going for would have been done before her passport gets sent back. I have below the questions I was asked and all the responses I gave the VO.

VO: How are you?

Me: I am good and you?

VO: Good

VO: Why do you want to go to the US?

Me: For vacation and tourism purpose.

VO: Where in the U.S do you intend going?

Me: Orlando, Florida.

VO: What do you intend doing while there?

Me: Viewing places like Universal Orlando and Disney world.

VO: Why would you be visiting without your wife and kids

Me: My wife had just picked up a new job few months ago and we both know she isn't just ripe for leave yet.

VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?

Me: Yes

VO: Where precisely?

Me: To Ghana and United kingdom

VO: Asked me if I had traveled to Switzerland after seeing a valid Switzerland visa on my passport

Me: I told him no even though I had an itinerary which indicates that I will be spending few days in Switzerland enroute U.S.

VO: What do you do for a living sir?

Me: Am the C.E.O of so so so and so company.

VO: What do you do in your company?

Me: Told him.

VO: Am sorry but your visa isn't approved and he gave me the form.

I queried why he rejected me and he told me that the paper he served would explain. I believe the fact I wasn't traveling with my family served as a deterrent to my visa issuance. House, how could I have gone on a trip with my 3 months pregnant wife who had just started working at a new place 3 months ago? Its really absurd how these people take our hard earned money. I think its time we start signing petitions online to express our displeasure and the low rate of visa issuance in Nigeria.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 4:49am On Aug 15, 2014
Please what's the meaning of this question?

VO:Ever applied for diverity visa?

Sorry, what's diverty Visa?

Is it dvlottery?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 15, 2014
Stephy9: Hello house..I work with Ericsson Please I need your advise. I would like to do my vacation in the USA dis august is it too late? And wat are the things I will need because I don't have anybody there. My leave starts aug 15 please help
sorry b but all the seats in August are taken already , you will only get a date for 2nd week or 3rd week in September
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 15, 2014
adigunomomama: Please what's the meaning of this question?

VO:Ever applied for diverity visa?

Sorry, what's diverty Visa?

Is it dvlottery?

yea DV lottery
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 15, 2014
Largeabbey: Did my interview today at the Lagos consulate, it was a denial again. I guess its not just yet time for me to see America. A girl I tried passing some of the knowledge I acquired on here got her visa approved even though she's single and blatantly told me that the marriage she intends going for is scheduled for Saturday which is two days from now. I was kinda surprise to see her give me a thumb up to indicate that her visa was approved even though the time frame was short and the marriage she intends going for would have been done before her passport gets sent back. I have below the questions I was asked and all the responses I gave the VO.

Me: My wife had just picked up a new job few months ago and we both know she isn't just ripe for leave yet.

VO: Asked me if I had traveled to Switzerland after seeing a valid Switzerland visa on my passport

Me: I told him no even though I had an itinerary which indicates that I will be spending few days in Switzerland enroute U.S.

I queried why he rejected me and he told me that the paper he served would explain. I believe the fact I wasn't traveling with my family served as a deterrent to my visa issuance. House, how could I have gone on a trip with my 3 months pregnant wife who had just started working at a new place 3 months ago? Its really absurd how these people take our hard earned money. I think its time we start signing petitions online to express our displeasure and the low rate of visa issuance in Nigeria.

so sorry about this maybe you should consider going with your wife and kids next time (90days) after refusal if you wish to.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 15, 2014
wand30: Can I please get some help please about how to get my mum to visit my sister? She will be visiting my sister who is expecting a baby in the US and my sister will also be sponsoring the visit. We are not sure what documents exactly are needed to ensure the whole process is successful. Any link or advise will be appreciated.
visit http://nigeria.usembassy.gov and www.travel.state.gov Fill a form for her online , the form is really self explicit I should say, let your sister send her bank account statement , a copy of her residency permit or passport if she is a citizen and also a letter stating that she will sponsor the trip , accommodate her and take care of all her expenses and also indicating what your mum wants to go and do in the u,s , I guess I have been able to help a little., kindly ask for other opinions too.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2014
Stephy9: Hello house..I work with Ericsson Please I need your advise. I would like to do my vacation in the USA dis august is it too late? And wat are the things I will need because I don't have anybody there. My leave starts aug 15 please help
hotel reservation , planned itinerary , account statement , pay slips, intl ecowas passport, ds-160 form , pay visa fees at gtbank, schedule an appointment , letter from your employer etc
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2014
chloe7: yea DV lottery

Thanks...

Pls am going for my B1/B2 visa interview next month

I just want to know maybe the CO will know that I have once apply for DVlottery before...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kayfuture: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Largeabbey: Did my interview today at the Lagos consulate, it was a denial again. I guess its not just yet time for me to see America. A girl I tried passing some of the knowledge I acquired on here got her visa approved even though she's single and blatantly told me that the marriage she intends going for is scheduled for Saturday which is two days from now. I was kinda surprise to see her give me a thumb up to indicate that her visa was approved even though the time frame was short and the marriage she intends going for would have been done before her passport gets sent back. I have below the questions I was asked and all the responses I gave the VO.

C/O Justwise & Tzetzefly
Please, I need your response to this post that got me surprise d
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 15, 2014
adigunomomama:

Thanks...

Pls am going for my B1/B2 visa interview next month

I just want to know maybe the CO will know that I have once apply for DVlottery before...
no he won't because dv is immigrant while B1/B2 is non-immigrant
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 9:26am On Aug 15, 2014
chloe7: no he won't because dv is immigrant while B1/B2 is non-immigrant

Thanks dear
Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 11:59am On Aug 15, 2014
tzetzefly:

Your answer is a ''YES''.

Your passport with entry visas is a prove of previous travel. Any statement contrary to this, is a mis-information.

If you say ''NO'', it means you do not have any form of travel knowledge. This may work against you in the heat of the situation when the CO does not have the patience for additional information or when he/she needs a reason to disqualify you.

Hi experts in the house, plz I think my question was misunderstood. Since my last travel was in early 2009 and doesn't fall within the last five years now, do u think a "YES" to this question on the form: Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? will be a right answer for me. And if "NO" how do I prove to the VO that I had traveled to different countries in the past. I will like more explanation on this asap since that is the only area which gets me confused plz. Thanks for your usual cooperation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
peter2010:

Hi experts in the house, plz I think my question was misunderstood. Since my last travel was in early 2009 and doesn't fall within the last five years now, do u think a "YES" to this question on the form: Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years? will be a right answer for me. And if "NO" how do I prove to the VO that I had traveled to different countries in the past. I will like more explanation on this asap since that is the only area which gets me confused plz. Thanks for your usual cooperation.

write no in the form and carry your former passport along, the v.o will most likely ask if you have ever been abroad before and not if you have travelled in the last 5 years, do you understand now?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by peter2010(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
chloe7: write no in the form and carry your former passport along, the v.o will most likely ask if you have ever been abroad before and not if you have travelled in the last 5 years, do you understand now?

OK. Thanks for your advice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by adigunomomama(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
@chloe7 and tze-tzefly

Please travelling to Ghana by road and been stamp the passport in/out at the borders count in terms of travel experience?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by AYLA04: 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
Good day,i am new in this forum,pls i need some experts in this forum to pls enlightening me more.i have applied for US visa in Nigeria for 6 times and was refused base on student visa for my MBA and visitor visa and the last time was in 2009.now i base in south Africa working with work permit and also have my family here with me.my wife is a medical doctor here with two kids.we all came from Nigeria in 2013 January.how i only want to apply to US on a short visit to see my immediate senior brother who is a US citizen.really what to know my chances of getting visa from south Africa and the likely questions that i will be expecting from VO.pls i will be awaiting ur response.many thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by meggy11: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
ekpotek:

I believe you misunderstood my post. What I meant was that when I applied for my first US visa in 2008, I used a agent to fill the form at VI near the US embassy. At that time I had friends and distance relatives in the US who I have not had contact with in the last 15 years. So the agent advise me that I should not fill it in as I am not going to visit them since they live in other States different from the one I am going to. Also as first time applicant with fresh passport, it was important that I complete the form,
with minimal tie to the US. I believed this advise coupled with document with made my first interview to be successful. The last interview was my second visit to the US embassy, with my and VO gave US 2 years.

Yeah I absolutely misunderstood you. We all or most of us have distant relatives in the US and it is absolutely unnecessary to fill in their names.
So my bad........ Congrats again.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jamchujor: 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hello All,
i was scheduled to attend an official conference in US but was denied a non-immigrant visa based on section 214B. i do not no what this means. this happened about a month ago. my company wrote for a review but we did not recieve any response. i've reapplied since my appointment is still within date. dDo i need another invitation letter? what should be my reason for reapplying? not sure of my chances. pls advise.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stephy9(f): 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
chloe7: sorry b but all the seats in August are taken already , you will only get a date for 2nd week or 3rd week in September

Ooh wow thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stephy9(f): 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
chloe7: hotel reservation , planned itinerary , account statement , pay slips, intl ecowas passport, ds-160 form , pay visa fees at gtbank, schedule an appointment , letter from your employer etc

Bless ! Thanks much
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Stephy9(f): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2014
Stephy9:

Ooh wow thanks

Erm pls is it true that I will have to pay for appointment at the embassy too after paying for my visa fee?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
adigunomomama: @chloe7 and tze-tzefly

Please travelling to Ghana by road and been stamp the passport in/out at the borders count in terms of travel experience?
yes it is, n but errmmm somewhere farther might be better, travel experience only helps it doesn't really matter, once you can demonstrate your ties really strongly you won't have a problem by God's grace.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Stephy9:

Erm pls is it true that I will have to pay for appointment at the embassy too after paying for my visa fee?
big lie with a coma, you only have to pay visa fee 27,200 to gtbank and then book your appointment and that's all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2014
Stephy9:

Bless ! Thanks much
you are welcome.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by fehinebony(f): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2014

You can reapply as soon as possible, probably next week. My husband had a similar experience, despite his numerous travel experience he was refused without any tangible reason by the VO in window 5 so reapplied the following week. When his number popped up it appeared in window 5 the same guy that refused him the previous week, when he got to the VO
VO: good morning
My husband: good morning, I was here last week and you refused my application
VO: really
My husband: yes, without any reason
VO: so sorry, please go back to your seat I will give your passport to my colleague to interview you
My husband: ok

His number gets called in window 3

VO : good morning, you were here last week
My husband: yes
VO: why were you refused
My husband : I wasn't told, but you can find out from your colleague
VO : you r a frequent traveller to the uk,
VO: y America now
My husband : want to visit somewhere different for my vacation
VO: where in America do you intend to visit
My husband: Baltimore
VO: why Baltimore
My husband: was highly recommended by my sis, she visited there on her last trip
VO: what to you do
My: property developer
VO : r you married
VO: do you have kids
VO: how many
My husband: 2
VO: your visa has been approved bla bla bla

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.