Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060317 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 11:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

For bankers its housing allowance

Ok
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
justwise:

You need to be specific with your figures, if you are paid N3m 6months salary in advance then call it 6months and not about 6 months

If you get paid 180k monthly then that its 180k monthly and not maybe 180k, how do you expect the VO to believe you when you are not specific with your salary?

State clearly how much you get paid as stated in your payslip then explain any other additional income that adds up to your annual income

I thought it was obvious enough but anyways I'm saying 'maybe' / 'say' /'about' because I don't want to put exact figures incase I one day mention where I work, on another thread perhaps
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
NanaF:

I thought it was obvious enough but anyways I'm saying maybe because I don't want to put exact figures incase I one day mention where I work.
I de even do the research sef to decode the Office jor ! Me sef wan come apply cheesy The pay hol'em side well grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I de even do the research sef! Me sef wan cme apply cheesy The pay hol'em side well grin

Lol. Lady G don't research too much o, I added small jara to the upfront in my explanation grin. I was also initially confused when filling my ds160.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fyorgyn: 3:07am On Sep 25, 2015
Justwise and LadyG,

Like NanaF, I do think that a true representation of my average monthly income is the sum total of all upfront allowance paid+ monthly salary divided by 12 (at least for visa purposes smiley )

Let's paint a scenario. Ms A and Ms B work for company X and Company Y respectively.

Ms A's monthly payslip after tax is:
Basic Pay: 200,000
Meal allowance: 30,000
Hazard Allowance: 20,000
Housing allowance: 150,000

Her take home for the month from Company X is NGN400,000 and annual is NGN4,800,000

Now, Company Y prefers to pay the Hazard+Meal+Housing annually as an "upfront" in January. Ms B's monthly payslip after tax is

Basic Salary: 200,000

But she gets N2,400,000. (30000*12)+(20000*12)+(150000*12) as "upfront" every January.

Ms B's monthly take home is N200,000 but she does earn the same N4,800,000 as Ms A, just that company Y decides to pay a bulk sum once a year.

If Ms A can "claim" to earn 400k monthly, I think MsB should too as this will be a true representation of her average monthly income.

If it was UK visit visa application, Ms B can explain it in the "additional" statement space and attach payslips+upfront payslip. For the US application, there is no space for stories so, Ms B will NOT be telling a lie if she fills that her "monthly" income is N400,000 as long as she can defend it if it comes up during the interview.

Again, this is solely my opinion... I'm not a VisaOfficer smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 3:13am On Sep 25, 2015
jennytbell:

Thanks but there is no portion in the form where you can explain that you earn more than your monthly income. Also I have some fund as fund in fixed deposit investment that yield interest on a monthly basis

Jennytbell this is a straight thing to present. You must have a payslip that shows when you have those allowances. There is also bank statements to prove you earned that much. All you need to the state your income on the form, them state with extra paper you also earn xyz, them you highlight those extra income in your bank statement. So when added up will come with the figure you worth.

Your fixed deposit do not count because is a type of investment. You can't even withdraw on it roundly expect it matures. You should have bank statements that has what you have and available for you to use for your trip example 2 million in your checking account and 2 million in savings. Good figure, but how much of it are you willing to use for your trip. Of course you can't use 80% of it. You have to evaluate your trip know heads up and amount to use.

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 3:27am On Sep 25, 2015
Omooloriredade:
Cozybunch, what do you think about the transcript below?

When you mentioned staten island, NY. It shows you have families/relatives/friends their. When asked why NY, I thought you should have concentrated on those loved ones before the side attractions.

Another mind bubbling thing is 2 weeks vacation to north american. A question will be asked he earns xyz say mid size income, is it worth 2 weeks vacation. I should think a month if you are entitled for it at your work place could havr being a good period to vacat.

Now know these mentioned above may not be the issue but remember they are psychologist and they ask them selves questions based on your response to there questions. I will advise to hold on a bit and reapply much later. A little in a rush is suicidal. Please hang on a little and a little reorganization on your own part will help alot.

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 3:59am On Sep 25, 2015
Guys we make things complicated for our selves. State the way you are paid with back up documents to prove your earnings. If there is no room for you to state it in the form, you can always add your extra paper attached to the form for further explanation. You bring your back up documents to prove your statement during interview.

Remember investments can not be used such as profit sharing, fixed deposit or any thing that gives you interest bearing.

Your income may be right but not having clear knowledge of where you are going is not good either. If you have family, state it and adds on, if you don't, say it but you know what you intend seeing, what is interesting you to visit those and hotel accommodation.

No need calling names, we are here to educate our selves. I have over 20 years of travel experience but still learning. Rules change and situations are different. We just need to help each. I have made pass mistakes but am willing to help people not to make same mistakes.

Good Luck all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 25, 2015
@omodade & @ LadyG
"una owe me puff puff" But seriously tho, the horse is dead and I'd like for it to remain dead. Saw the number of unread post and my mouth was watering in anticipation of transcripts. Instead got to see you guys woke "oga" justwise.
Meanwhile, you guys come make it up with 1GB RAM at my place.

Transcripts pls!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jennytbell: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2015
cozybunch:

Jennytbell this is a straight thing to present. You must have a payslip that shows when you have those allowances. There is also bank statements to prove you earned that much. All you need to the state your income on the form, them state with extra paper you also earn xyz, them you highlight those extra income in your bank statement. So when added up will come with the figure you worth.
Your fixed deposit do not count because is a type of investment. You can't even withdraw on it roundly expect it matures. You should have bank statements that has what you have and available for you to use for your trip example 2 million in your checking account and 2 million in savings. Good figure, but how much of it are you willing to use for your trip. Of course you can't use 80% of it. You have to evaluate your trip know heads up and amount to use.
Good Luck
Ok. Thank you so much
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2015
cozybunch:

When you mentioned staten island, NY. It shows you have families/relatives/friends their. When asked why NY, I thought you should have concentrated on those loved ones before the side attractions.

Another mind bubbling thing is 2 weeks vacation to north american. A question will be asked he earns xyz say mid size income, is it worth 2 weeks vacation. I should think a month if you are entitled for it at your work place could havr being a good period to vacat.

Now know these mentioned above may not be the issue but remember they are psychologist and they ask them selves questions based on your response to there questions. I will advise to hold on a bit and reapply much later. A little in a rush is suicidal. Please hang on a little and a little reorganization on your own part will help alot.

Good Luck

You are too much. So on point. After the interview, I tried to review my transcript myself. I felt my answer to why NY was not convincing to the VO. In my application, I indicated I have a relative in Staten Island. But my reasons for picking NY was the reason I gave the VO though. It made more sense for me to visit NY because it had more attractions and direct flight there was cheaper. My other alternative was California (I also have someone there). It can't be compared to NY, right? Like a foreigner comparing Lagos and Kwara for vacation (so it seemed to me). I guess the VO wanted me to mention that I had a relative there.
Also, the VO mentioned that I didn't qualify for the "type of visa" I applied for. I can't remember if there is an option to pick just B2 only or B1/B2. I remember picking B1/B2 either on the appointment scheduling platform or DS 160. I know you are given B1/B2 if your application is successful but maybe I should have been more specific in my selection.

For the bolded, a month will require more money nah cheesy grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2015
fredoricko:
@omodade & @ LadyG
"una owe me puff puff" But seriously tho, the horse is dead and I'd like for it to remain dead. Saw the number of unread post and my mouth was watering in anticipation of transcripts. Instead got to see you guys woke "oga" justwise.
Meanwhile, you guys come make it up with 1GB RAM at my place.

Transcripts pls!!

No vex.....I am not unduly confrontational. I have emptied my cup. LOL at 1GB RAM. 2GB RAM should be better grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cozybunch: 9:47am On Sep 25, 2015
Omooloriredade:

You are too much. So on point. After the interview, I tried to review my transcript myself. I felt my answer to why NY was not convincing to the VO. In my application, I indicated I have a relative in Staten Island. But my reasons for picking NY was the reason I gave the VO though. It made more sense for me to visit NY because it had more attractions and direct flight there was cheaper. My other alternative was California (I also have someone there). It can't be compared to NY, right? Like a foreigner comparing Lagos and Kwara for vacation (so it seemed to me). I guess the VO wanted me to mention that I had a relative there.
Also, the VO mentioned that I didn't qualify for the "type of visa" I applied for. I can't remember if there is an option to pick just B2 only or B1/B2. I remember picking B1/B2 either on the appointment scheduling platform or DS 160. I know you are given B1/B2 if your application is successful but maybe I should have been more specific in my selection.

For the bolded, a month will require more money nah cheesy grin

Normally for tourism you are approved for b1/b2 visa, meaning business type visa and tourism type visa.

California is a great place to visit depends which part, north or southern part. Every one anyways wants to visit NY so you can't get it wrong in both.

Good Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2015
Fyorgyn:
Justwise and LadyG,

Like NanaF, I do think that a true representation of my average monthly income is the sum total of all upfront allowance paid+ monthly salary divided by 12 (at least for visa purposes smiley )

Let's paint a scenario. Ms A and Ms B work for company X and Company Y respectively.

Ms A's monthly payslip after tax is:
Basic Pay: 200,000
Meal allowance: 30,000
Hazard Allowance: 20,000
Housing allowance: 150,000

Her take home for the month from Company X is NGN400,000 and annual is NGN4,800,000

Now, Company Y prefers to pay the Hazard+Meal+Housing annually as an "upfront" in January. Ms B's monthly payslip after tax is

Basic Salary: 200,000

But she gets N2,400,000. (30000*12)+(20000*12)+(150000*12) as "upfront" every January.

Ms B's monthly take home is N200,000 but she does earn the same N4,800,000 as Ms A, just that company Y decides to pay a bulk sum once a year.

If Ms A can "claim" to earn 400k monthly, I think MsB should too as this will be a true representation of her average monthly income.

If it was UK visit visa application, Ms B can explain it in the "additional" statement space and attach payslips+upfront payslip. For the US application, there is no space for stories so, Ms B will NOT be telling a lie if she fills that her "monthly" income is N400,000 as long as she can defend it if it comes up during the interview.

Again, this is solely my opinion... I'm not a VisaOfficer smiley

I'm not disputing that, my point is...when asked about your salary state it clearly as it appears on your payslip/bank statement then explain other incentives/bonuses that adds up to your annual income. The analysis you outlined above is not on payslip or bank statement and if by any chance the VO requested for your payslip/bank statement that analysis will not be seen.

Yes you earn that amount but the way you answer questions can lead to unintentional-misrepresentation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Omooloriredade: 9:56am On Sep 25, 2015
cozybunch:

Normally for tourism you are approved for b1/b2 visa, meaning business type visa and tourism type visa.

California is a great place to visit depends which part, north or southern part. Every one anyways wants to visit NY so you can't get it wrong in both.

Good Luck

Many thanks. smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Garbdun: 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
Nice discussions here, please I need to attend my counsin's wedding in the United state come this December 2015, what type of visa will I apply for and what kind of documents do I need to give at the embassy, thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 3:17am On Sep 26, 2015
[quote author=Adecephas post=38339184][/quote]
Abeg which one cheap now. My schedule is 2nd week of Oct.
Any cheap fare now to Denver.
Has anyone used air maroc before, how is their service and airbus in general.
Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Adecephas(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2015
Dyke004:
Abeg which one cheap now. My schedule is 2nd week of Oct. Any cheap fare now to Denver. Has anyone used air maroc before, how is their service and airbus in general. Thank you.
what dates do you have in mind?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2015
Why is everyone ignoring my post?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by NanaF: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

Please which salary is acceptable to present to the consular ?OR how much should one have in his account to go for holiday? Is a 200k before tax ok? or 100k take home? Please advice, your response will be much appreciated.And is it only married that are getting visas?

Typically enough for you to buy your ticket, living expenses for your trip and money left in the account for you to return home to. But there's no hard and fast rule to this as you will notice if you take your time to read through this thread. Bank statements are usually not checked.

For your salary, your income is your 100k after tax I.e your take home.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by loladeowoeye5: 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2015
Hello house,I want to seek your advise pls.Our destination is Orlando but due to high flight ticket we decided to book arikair Los to JFK then board a local flight to Orlando.Are we good to go?I hope this route won't cause us palava at poe?Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
loladeowoeye5:
Hello house,I want to seek your advise pls.Our destination is Orlando but due to high flight ticket we decided to book arikair Los to JFK then board a local flight to Orlando.Are we good to go?I hope this route won't cause us palava at poe?Thanks
IMO, if your final destination (addy on landing card) /hotel reservation show Orlando, you are golden.
Not that going to a different destination from your DS 160 is a crime . (Unless u do something to freak oyibo ouy egs travelling with your primary school to PHD certificates cheesy)
Safe trip.
But u try o! Arik! Da! Air france de do promo now sef
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2015
Adecephas:

what dates do you have in mind?
11th Oct to 1st Nov.
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

IMO, if your final destination (addy on landing card) /hotel reservation show Orlando, you are golden.
Not that going to a different destination from your DS 160 is a crime . (Unless u do something to freak oyibo ouy egs travelling with your primary school to PHD certificates cheesy)
Safe trip.
But u try o! Arik! Da! Air france de do promo now sef

Lady G, so air France dey do promo and you dey talkam small small. Abi no be me and you talk about cheap flight fare.
Make I quickly check jor.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2015
Dyke004:

Lady G, so air France dey do promo and you dey talkam small small. Abi no be me and you talk about cheap flight fare.
Make I quickly check jor.
My broda! U sabi say since u get visa for amelika u Just drop ur sister! U just de code just to avoid the akara and akamu when u suppose declare cheesy

The promo sef still too high for cheap me o grin
I de wait for that kain promo delta do last year N95k! Lol
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Cmeo(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2015
Can someone here try arikair.com to New York? I can see a ticket of 188300 as with Oct 14 to Nov. 19. Hurry now to book it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donnecodon: 9:19am On Sep 27, 2015
pls house I need ur advice.during my interview last week I stated my purpose of traveling was for graduation ceremony and vacation.the graduation date Is 3rd October.my problem Is that if I decide to travel in a month time, just for vacation purpose ,since am into business hope they won't be any problem at the p point of entry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by belloluddy: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2015
Cmeo:
Can someone here try arikair.com to New York? I can see a ticket of 188300 as with Oct 14 to Nov. 19. Hurry now to book it.
Thanks for this info. Please I am travelling to Denver, Colorado, is it possible for me to fly airkair since it lands in NY, and besides, I told the VO I was going to Colorado. Will I not encounter issues at the POE if I end up in NY through Arik ?
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2015
OK lipsrsealed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Cmeo(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2015
belloluddy:

Thanks for this info. Please I am travelling to Denver, Colorado, is it possible for me to fly airkair since it lands in NY, and besides, I told the VO I was going to Colorado. Will I not encounter issues at the POE if I end up in NY through Arik ?
Thanks

No, it won't. Like me now, my final destination is Washington DC and later Texas but I booked Arik to New York and would take bus to DC and bus to Texas and other places I will later visit. You can entre through any POE so far you are holding a valid US Visa. Although it is 27 hours drive to Colorado but you can take a flight from NY to Colorado which is estimated between $190 - $521 according to farecompare.com or use cheapflights.com.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.