Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061971 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 7:19am On Apr 01, 2013
My friend is a. U.s citizen and wants to visit nigeria ,I want to know the document she will need for her visit and how easy it is to visit nigeria as a u.s citizen
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:48am On Apr 01, 2013
shiba0147: My friend is a. U.s citizen and wants to visit nigeria ,I want to know the document she will need for her visit and how easy it is to visit nigeria as a u.s citizen

It is a simple process just like any application to visit anywhere in the world. For her visit to Nigeria, she should follow these instructions:

www.nigeria.travisa.com/TVSVisaInstructions.aspx?CountryID=NG&ResidenceID=US&TravelerTypeID=TO&PartnerID=TA&GLID=AUS&CitizenshipID=US
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Copiousworld: 7:55am On Apr 01, 2013
shiba0147: My friend is a. U.s citizen and wants to visit nigeria ,I want to know the document she will need for her visit and how easy it is to visit nigeria as a u.s citizen

Let her call the Nigerian Consulate Office closest to her for direct info. Just a handful of paperwork she will need.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by justwise(m): 7:57am On Apr 01, 2013
@tzetzefly

I edited your post to add info from that link.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by festin: 7:58am On Apr 01, 2013
Thank you very @tzetzefly I will do just wat you said as I've heard similar thing from two other people outside of this forum. Once again thank you.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:12am On Apr 01, 2013
justwise: @tzetzefly

I edited your post to add info from that link.

I understand....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
Hello house,I'm just wandering which one is better. On the tourist visa form where you fill 'contact person name in US' or 'organisation name', is it better to use the name of someone you know even if you are not staying with the person or use a hotel name that you have booked? Will appreciate your response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
walmart: Hello house,I'm just wandering which one is better. On the tourist visa form where you fill 'contact person name in US' or 'organisation name', is it better to use the name of someone you know even if you are not staying with the person or use a hotel name that you have booked? Will appreciate your response.

That is the name of the place you intend to stay i.e your accomodation while in the States...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fashionista: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
Please do USA gives an NYSC member visa, even when they present and exemption letter to NYSC? The course of travelling is to attend my brother/cousin graduation.pls kindly give me the important required documents I need to provide them.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
tzetzefly:

That is the name of the place you intend to stay i.e your accomodation while in the States...
Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
Fashionista: Please do USA gives an NYSC member visa, even when they present and exemption letter to NYSC? The course of travelling is to attend my brother/cousin graduation.pls kindly give me the important required documents I need to provide them.

Yes, you can be issued entry visa. All you need to show, is an extreme level of confidence and convincing during your interview. And also prove that you will come back to your country after your visit.

No document may even be required from you by the VO.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Fashionista: 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
tzetzefly:

Yes, you can be issued entry visa. All you need to show, is an extreme level of confidence and conviction during your interview. And also prove that you will come back to your country after your visit.

No document may even be required from you by the VO.

Thank you for your quick response, please I would like to know if I can state my relationship with the person I'm going for his graduation as his fiancee cos he is still ON a green card yet, hope that won't be a hindrance?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
Fashionista:

Thank you for your quick response, please I would like to know if I can state my relationship with the person I'm going for his graduation as his fiancee cos he is still ON a green card yet, hope that won't be a hindrance?

Definitely you can state him as your fiance, and in that case, you must knw a whole lot about him i.e. What he studied, the name of his school, where he stays in the States and some other issues that will be asked you by the VO....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
Hello house pls, is the Church wedding certificate accepted at the us embassy, cos I don't have the registry certificate and my interview is next week
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
Obiagelli: Hello house pls, is the Church wedding certificate accepted at the us embassy, cos I don't have the registry certificate and my interview is next week

I don't know of any refusal with Church Marriage Certificate. But it is better you obtain the Registry Certificate for future use, to be on a safe side......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 6:36am On Apr 03, 2013
When u are denied visa, does the us embassy still stamp passport?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 7:39am On Apr 03, 2013
Pls I have a question top ask ,my brother want to change his name in his international passport. Because iwe now have a new surename in our family,pls I want to know if it is possible for him to add a new surename in his passport,pls can someone answer my question is urgent pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:50am On Apr 03, 2013
shiba0147: Pls I have a question top ask ,my brother want to change his name in his international passport. Because iwe now have a new surename in our family,pls I want to know if it is possible for him to add a new surename in his passport,pls can someone answer my question is urgent pls

Visit the Hqs of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Sauka Bustop, FCT, Abuja, along Umaru Musa Yar'Adua Expressway. Go along with the advertised name change in one of the Nigerian newspapers as well as your old passport to effect the change and obtain another traveling document......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2013
israel007: When u are denied visa, does the us embassy still stamp passport?

It is no more stamped, but your biometrics are taken @ the embassy and with this, you cannot use any other identity to obtain entry visa.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 8:28am On Apr 03, 2013
tzetzefly:

It is no more stamped, but your biometrics are taken @ the embassy and with this, you cannot use any other identity to obtain entry visa.....

Please when did they stop stamping and what does it mean when you are stamped
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 03, 2013
israel007:

Please when did they stop stamping and what does it mean when you are stamped

They have stopped stamping although they stamp to cancel an existing visa when you're getting another.Say cancel B1/B2 when you're getting DV1.When is not necessary unless you're a historian.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 9:42am On Apr 03, 2013
Thanks tzetszetfly pls he got denied last year december through b1/b2(non imigrant ) now he wants to change his name on the pasport because of our new surename in the passport,hope after changing his name there will not be a problem when he goes for the new interview because of the new name in his pasport ,pls can someone answer me pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2013
shiba0147: Thanks tzetszetfly pls he got denied last year december through b1/b2(non imigrant ) now he wants to change his name on the pasport because of our new surename in the passport,hope after changing his name there will not be a problem when he goes for the new interview because of the new name in his pasport ,pls can someone answer me pls

If he is sincere in the name change and not for ulterior motive, then there is no problem with this action.

But since he has already visited the US Consulate previously for visa purposes and got denied, then i will advise him not to go anywhere near the US embassy for close to two(2) years after his name change and new passport is approved by the Nigerian Immigration Service. Because he will not get his visa approved at the US embassy but only earn himself a RED FLAG.

Let him travel someplace else for tourism purpose. And if he choose to apply to the UK, he must indicate he has used another passport (the one that carries his old name) the US and UK shares info on immigration matters.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 10:59am On Apr 03, 2013
tzetzefly:

If he is sincere in the name change and not for ulterior motive, then there is no problem with this action.

But since he has already visited the US Consulate previously for visa purposes and got denied, then i will advise him not to go anywhere near the US embassy for close to two(2) years after his name change and new passport is approved by the Nigerian Immigration Service. Because he will not get his visa approved at the US embassy but only earn himself a RED FLAG.

Let him travel someplace else for tourism purpose. And if he choose to apply to the UK, he must indicate he has used another passport (the one that carries his old name) the US and UK shares info on immigration matters.....

Do they really exchange those info?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2013
israel007:

Do they really exchange those info?

Most times, especially when the UK need to re-clarify certain information from the US regarding an applicant; and to ascertain his/her intentions or previous immigration records.

The UK also liaise with some Shengen member states of (Germany, France, Sweden to mention a few). An already issued valid visa(s)of these countries can be sent to such embassies by the UK for cancellation, if an element of doubt or fraud is discovered in your UK visa application and you already hold such valid Shengen visas.

Do not doubt this....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Pmama: 10:01am On Apr 04, 2013
Hey everyone, thanks for the good work you guys are doing here, my son and I were denied visa last year, I posted how my interview went, I decided to give it another shot, this time just me. This was how it went.
VO Good morning
ME Good afternoon.
VO oh it is afternoon already.
VO You are a systems Engineer?
Me yes.
VO what Operating system are you using.
Me Win 7. We moved from Vista to win 7
VO. Any difference?
Me there is, but not much.
VO you have a child?
Me No I have 2.
VO you wanted to travel with one last year why?
Me My little girl cannot get 3 weeks at a stretch from school but my boy is older and can get up to that, and I was going for 3 weeks.
VO How old are they.
ME told him DOB and their age.
VO why are you going to the US.
ME to honor my Cousin’s invitation to visit her and her family during my annual leave.
VO what does she do?
Me Told him.
VO where does she leave?
Me told him.
VO what does your husband do.
Me told him.
VO pick up your VISA in 2 days.
No single document was asked, though I had them. Truth is pray, be confident and maintain eye contact.

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
^^Great.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Topsymyyear(m): 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
I've applied for us visa in 2002 twice but was refused. Now im planning to apply as a tourist . I have 2 swedish resident permit ,2 poland visa ,czech republic,ireland,kenya ,south africa and tanzania in my passport. My question is this,do i need to fill in that have been refused 11yrs ago or applied before? i changed my year of birth but still remain other informations. Pls i need responce. Thank u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
Topsymyyear: I've applied for us visa in 2002 twice but was refused. Now im planning to apply as a tourist . I have 2 swedish resident permit ,2 poland visa ,czech republic,ireland,kenya ,south africa and tanzania in my passport. My question is this,do i need to fill in that have been refused 11yrs ago or applied before? i changed my year of birth but still remain other informations. Pls i need responce. Thank u

With all due respect, i employ you not to apply to visit the US now or in the future. You have committed a very serious crime by changing your date of birth from what was obtainable 11yrs ago.

It would have been a lesser crime if what you had was a change of name. But with this, it is a LIFE BAN you will earn yourself.

Your only solution is to remain with this identity and forget any form of travel to the States.

It is a good thing you opened up....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
Topsymyyear: I've applied for us visa in 2002 twice but was refused. Now im planning to apply as a tourist . I have 2 swedish resident permit ,2 poland visa ,czech republic,ireland,kenya ,south africa and tanzania in my passport. My question is this,do i need to fill in that have been refused 11yrs ago or applied before? i changed my year of birth but still remain other informations. Pls i need responce. Thank u
did you thumb print?
Unless your Biometrics were taken when you were denied back in 2002, then Tzetze fly's advice should be embraced with immediate Alacrity,(dont even sniff@ the US embassy or you'll fetch yourself a Life Ban) but in the absence of that, just apply freshly like it were your first US Visa application, indicate its your first application.
Alot of things have Changed since "02 regarding Database Management, so you might just get away with that.... "hopefully".
The Good thing is your travel history may come to your aid.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Topsymyyear(m): 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
No thumbprint or biometrics was taken as at 2002.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Topsymyyear(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
tzetzefly:

With all due respect, i employ you not to apply to visit the US now or in the future. You have committed a very serious crime by changing your date of birth from what was obtainable 11yrs ago.

It would have been a lesser crime if what you had was a change of name. But with this, it is a LIFE BAN you will earn yourself.

Your only solution is to remain with this identity and forget any form of travel to the States.

It is a good thing you opened up....

No thumbprint or biometrics was taken as at 2002.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.