Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1062001 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
can somene tell me d procedures interview at d embassy please.... tanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
phemobay: can somene tell me d procedures interview at d embassy please.... tanks
How do you mean?The interview itself or the application itself?Visit the US embassy website at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 7:15am On Apr 15, 2013
Gbenge 77: Not necessarily.Be honest with COnsular officers'..Its crucial.When asked about your job,tell him/her what you have mentioned here.Dont panic or stutter!
u r appreciated,may God bless u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2013
Gbenge 77: There are several categories of non-immigrant visas.,H,J,K,F,I,L,M....,and most are sub-divided.egF-1 is for academic and language students.H-1B Is for specialty occupations requiring highly specialized knowledge,K-1 for foreign military personnel etc

My question is are they other categories under B1/B2?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2013
walmart: Pls help! I have scheduled my visa appointment. The confirmation page has visa class: B1/B2. Visa Category: All others. Please the category is it supposed to be all others?

You have no problem, you visa appointment class is B1/B2 (Tourism, Business or Medical). Do not worry over ''all other categories'' on the webpage....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2013
Good morning house, I thought we've got some people here who said they are going to have their interview last week, please we need you to share your experiences here so others could learn one or two things from yours. Where is HANNAE? How r u ? How did your interview go at Abuja consulate last week...? Please share your experience and God will bless you same with others. Amen
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 10:22am On Apr 15, 2013
Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2013
Gbenge 77: How do you mean?The interview itself or the application itself?Visit the US embassy website at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng

THE INTERVIEW ITSELF AND DIRECTION TO D CONSULATE OFFICE AT VI LAGOS
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cheromel: 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
Ok so here is my issue;
I have an interview sheduled for the 10th of May, its for a B2 visa for my 1 year old daughter and i. we intend going on a 2 weeks vacation. My husband already has a B1/B2 visa as he went for training last year. while filling my ds 160, i stated that my daughter will accompany me, i didnt include my husband because he wasnt sure if he will be free at the time we intend to travel. Yesterday, he mentioned to me that he will be scheduling his vacation and will be travelling with us if we get the visa. Now if asked at the interview, do i state that he will be accompanying me bearing in mind that i didnt fill his name in the ds160 or do i state that he wont as he will be busy with work? I also work and have supporting docs to that effect though my husband is sponsoring the trip. Sorry for the ramble. pls help.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cheromel: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2013
Also, any useful tips from those who recently attended interviews would be appreciated. I m freaking nervous and have been going through likely questions and answers like mad.Thanks y'all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by EvangelVicoto1: 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
Please house i need your help, i went for my interview today but was refused although the lady did not state the reason for the refusal.I am an Evangelist i got an invitation from a church to visit them, i am 27years,single and i will be sponsoring myself and i work with a church here in Nigeria as their Pastor.I want to re apply but first i want to know the reason for refusal cause the lady consular only asked for my bank statement(1.3m) before she refused my visa application.When she asked the reason for my visit i said ministerial tour.Please house where did i go wrong?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
EvangelVicoto1: Please house i need your help, i went for my interview today but was refused although the lady did not state the reason for the refusal.I am an Evangelist i got an invitation from a church to visit them, i am 27years,single and i will be sponsoring myself and i work with a church here in Nigeria as their Pastor.I want to re apply but first i want to know the reason for refusal cause the lady consular only asked for my bank statement(1.3m) before she refused my visa application.When she asked the reason for my visit i said ministerial tour.Please house where did i go wrong?

Do not fret too much over your refusal, there were several questions that needed answers which led to the CO's refusal notice:

1. How has your travel history been before this US visa appointment interview. Have you traveled previously to any country for evangelical purposes? If your answer is ''no'', that alone is a reason to deny your application. Your travel plan was doubtful in the eyes of the CO.

2. Having 1.3m in your a/c and choosing the States as your first travel experience (if it is the case), is another reason for the CO to doubt your trip.

3. Most importantly, using a language such as ''ministerial tour'' actually meant that your reason to travel to the States was clearly vague i.e no definite plan for where to go and what to do in the States.

However, if you have gone elsewhere for evangelical purpose in the past, correct the third mistake and apply in six(6) months time...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by EvangelVicoto1: 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
Thanks bro, so if i make corrections to the third mistake i could be granted the visa even without travel history?...can i apply in three months?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by EvangelVicoto1: 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
And can i just state that i am visiting a church in the US?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
EvangelVicoto1: Thanks bro, so if i make corrections to the third mistake i could be granted the visa even without travel history?...can i apply in three months?

To stand a better chance of success, apply in six(6) months time. And in the meantime, try traveling for evangelical purpose to another country. There are lots of African countries to visit for such assignments which would be stated on your visa....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by cheromel: 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
cheromel: Ok so here is my issue;
I have an interview sheduled for the 10th of May, its for a B2 visa for my 1 year old daughter and i. we intend going on a 2 weeks vacation. My husband already has a B1/B2 visa as he went for training last year. while filling my ds 160, i stated that my daughter will accompany me, i didnt include my husband because he wasnt sure if he will be free at the time we intend to travel. Yesterday, he mentioned to me that he will be scheduling his vacation and will be travelling with us if we get the visa. Now if asked at the interview, do i state that he will be accompanying me bearing in mind that i didnt fill his name in the ds160 or do i state that he wont as he will be busy with work? I also work and have supporting docs to that effect though my husband is sponsoring the trip. Sorry for the ramble. pls help.

House pls someone reply na. Abeg
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2013

Do not state in the form that your husband will be accompanying you to the States. This may be viewed by the CO as a means to relocate to the US by your family.

Since your husband has a valid visa and he traveled for a training to the US previously and came back to Nigeria, it is a plus that will work favourably for you and your child. Allow your husband to serve as a tie back home in Nigeria for the two(2) of you

When you are asked by the CO regarding if your husband will accompany you on the trip, just state that he will be occupied at work for the rest of the year.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shaq32: 12:54am On Apr 16, 2013
Hi Team,

Been following this page for sometime now. Am thinking of applying for vacation to the USA with my family. Wife and 2 kids. Dnt have much travel history just been to turkey once while the family never travelled. Thnking of booking a hotel reservation for 5 days disneyland florida. Going for tourist vacation. work in a bank and have about 4m+ in my account. Am long overdue for a vacation as my wife says i work too much. Are there any grey areas or flags i should be looking at. thnking of going either during the summer or in december.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:02am On Apr 16, 2013
shaq32: Hi Team,

Been following this page for sometime now. Am thinking of applying for vacation to the USA with my family. Wife and 2 kids. Dnt have much travel history just been to turkey once while the family never travelled. Thnking of booking a hotel reservation for 5 days disneyland florida. Going for tourist vacation. work in a bank and have about 4m+ in my account. Am long overdue for a vacation as my wife says i work too much. Are there any grey areas or flags i should be looking at. thnking of going either during the summer or in december.

What was your purpose for visiting Turkey, business, tourism or medical? If it was for tourism at the time, you have an advantage during the interview as you would be viewed by the CO to have visited Europe in the time past for a similar trip (tourism), even if you went alone without your family.

Being your first trip together as a family, restrict yourself to a shorter time for the trip and make sure you tell the CO in days i.e if you are going for a week, mention 7days.

Also as a matter of importance, try to identify and know all about locations and children spots you intend visiting in locations such as Orlando,Miami,etc in Florida. This is where the CO will test your genuineness as a traveler this time.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by cheromel: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2013
tzetzefly:

Do not state in the form that your husband will be accompanying you to the States. This may be viewed by the CO as a means to relocate to the US by your family.

Since your husband has a valid visa and he traveled for a training to the US previously and came back to Nigeria, it is a plus that will work favourably for you and your child. Allow your husband to serve as a tie back home in Nigeria for the two(2) of you

When you are asked by the CO regarding if your husband will accompany you on the trip, just state that he will be occupied at work for the rest of the year.....

Thank you very much. I appreciate. God bless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by benson3788(m): 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithjanetstore: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
@House see gobe oooo quick response is urgently needed , a friend of my mine with 10yrs business visa intend travelling with her fiancee she works as a nurse wht are the necessary document she need to provide and while filling the ds 160 form is it necssary to indicate that she will be travelling with him and wht are the necessary document he need to provide as sponsor to boost her chances in obtaining the visa
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shaq32: 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2013
tzetzefly:

What was your purpose for visiting Turkey, business, tourism or medical? If it was for tourism at the time, you have an advantage during the interview as you would be viewed by the CO to have visited Europe in the time past for a similar trip (tourism), even if you went alone without your family.

Being your first trip together as a family, restrict yourself to a shorter time for the trip and make sure you tell the CO in days i.e if you are going for a week, mention 7days.

Also as a matter of importance, try to identify and know all about locations and children spots you intend visiting in locations such as Orlando,Miami,etc in Florida. This is where the CO will test your genuineness as a traveler this time.....

Thanks alot. planning to spend 5days or at most 7 days over there. my wife doesnt work does a bit of petty biz and takes care of the house and kids. basically chose florida cos of disneyland and i am an avid fan of lebron james Miami heat.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
smithjanetstore: @House see gobe oooo quick response is urgently needed , a friend of my mine with 10yrs business visa intend travelling with her fiancee she works as a nurse wht are the necessary document she need to provide and while filling the ds 160 form is it necssary to indicate that she will be travelling with him and wht are the necessary document he need to provide as sponsor to boost her chances in obtaining the visa

Where did she get the 10yrs business visa...?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:09am On Apr 17, 2013
benson3788: A 16years old cousin of mine is going to John Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland for medical treatment; he has ear problem as an injury sustained after a football match at school.
Appropriate fees has been paid to the hospital, but he needs an AID since he's still under age. I was asked to accompany him to the states; all neccesary documents ready, but i dont know what I'll meet at the consulate, as this is an real oppurtunity to be in the states.

HOUSE, KINDLY HIGHLIGHT ON POSSIBLE QUESTION AT THE INTERVIEW.
Thanks.

Just as you have claimed that all necessary medical bills have been paid for in one of the John Hopkins, Medical Centre, Maryland, then you only need to prove your relationship to the boy and the written consent from his parents authorising you to accompany him for his ear treatment in the States.

* Go to the embassy with a medical certificate from the Doctor taking care of his ailment here in Nigeria, for the CO to see.

* Memorise the name and location of the medical centre in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

* Make sure you know the name of the Doctor to handle his treatment in the States.

* Plan for your accomodation for the duration of his treatment.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by laurel03(m): 8:39am On Apr 17, 2013
I am going to the Us embassy for conference visa by next month but never have any travel experience before... Hope this will not be a barrier
Re: Usa Visit Visa by benson3788(m): 10:14am On Apr 17, 2013
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2013
benson3788: @tzetzefly thanks for your timely response, t'was really helpful. Hope i get more of that smiley
Every other criteria you stated are true with me, but for the relationship claim & hotel reservation; is there any other way to claim he's my cousin apart telling them that he is my maternal cousin?
Do i need any written statement or certificate to show this?
Is 1week hotel reservation ok?
Do i need to go to the consulate with my property document to claim ties?
What about job; i am a PA to his dad, my uncle in his company. How do i use this to claim ties?

His birth certificate or any other documents showing his mother's maiden name same as yours will do just fine.

Hotel booking for 7days is ok. This can be extended in the States, depending on how long it takes to treat his ailment.

Go with a letter from your organisation stating permission to proceed on such a journey. Do not indicate PA as your designation, it will work against you. You can say Admin or Welfare Officer, sounds better. Take your ID card along....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by benson3788(m): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
@tzetze why do you advise that i use admin/welfare officer as my disignation?
Do i tell them I'm married with kid?; recently though
Many thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
benson3788: @tzetze why do you advise that i use admin/welfare officer as my disignation?
Do i tell them I'm married with kid?; recently though
Many thanks

Holding a designation such as a PA does not guarantee a long term job security for you or show adequate economic tie to Nigeria in a way an Admin or Welfare Officer in that organisation would portray.

If you say PA, you could be knocked off by the CO for lack of economic tie to your country which makes it possible for you to abscond once in the States.

If you're married with kids, that's a good family/social tie to your country. Go along with your marriage certificates and wedding pictures....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
laurel03: I am going to the Us embassy for conference visa by next month but never have any travel experience before... Hope this will not be a barrier

What is the nature of the conference and where do you work? This will allow us know how to advise you....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by laurel03(m): 11:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
I am a security officer (ASP) and d conference is partianing to my job.. Thanks for d good job

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.