Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,399 members, 7,846,678 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1063292 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
I just want to say thank you to everyone for the help and contributions to all the questions I asked in this thread. I had my interview today in Abuja along with my husband and daughter. We were given the visa.

This is how the interview went
CO: Next ....
Me: (approaches her with my family) Hi, good morning.
CO: (to me) oh hi good morning(smiles)
CO: (to me)have you ever been to the US?
Me:Yes
CO: has your husband and daughter ever been to the US?
Me: no
CO: (to my husband) what do you do?
My husband: I own a truck that people hire for haulage
CO: how many trucks do you have?
My husband: mentions
CO: do you intend to buy trucks in the US
My husband: no( learnt from here that they are not allowing importation of cars)
CO: where do you buy your trucks?
My husband: Nigeria
CO: where do you work?( to me)
Me: told her
CO: ( to me) where are you visiting in the US?
Me: Denver
CO: why Denver?
Me: I have been to .....city and .... City, I wanna go somewhere different.
CO: do you plan to seek any medical attention
CO: pick up you visa on Thursday
My little baby to CO: bye
CO: ok bye

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
walmart: I just want to say thank you to everyone for the help and contributions to all the questions I asked in this thread. I had my interview today in Abuja along with my husband and daughter. We were given the visa.

This is how the interview went
CO: Next ....
Me: (approaches her with my family) Hi, good morning.
CO: (to me) oh hi good morning(smiles)
CO: (to me)have you ever been to the US?
Me:Yes
CO: has your husband and daughter ever been to the US?
CO: (to my husband) what do you do?
My husband: I own a truck that people hire for haulage
CO: how many trucks do you have?
My husband: mentions
CO: do you intend to buy trucks in the US
My husband: no( learnt from here that they are not allowing importation of cars)
CO: where do you buy your trucks?
My husband: Nigeria
CO: where do you work?( to me)
Me: told her
CO: ( to me) where are you visiting in the US?
Me: Denver
CO: why Denver?
Me: I have been to .....city and .... City, I wanna go somewhere different.
CO: do you plan to seek any medical attention
CO: pick up you visa on Thursday
My little baby to CO: bye
CO: ok bye

Safe Trip.... cheesy
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
optimus-prime1:
@Hastron: if you really want to pull this off (as a single man), I advice you to start building a travel history, and a very formidable one at that... in fact Visacorate your passport heavily, after that, go for a conference as tzetzefly adviced...
A widely travelled individual often sways a CO's attention from binding ties to "What you do and Why you travel"- once it gets to that point, you are basically in control of the interview, asides that... Well God dey.
@Tzetzefly and Gbenge77: You Guys are doing an absolutely, awesome, impressive job here, Y'all truly deserve Stacks'N'Racks of UK Kuli~Kuli from Justwise *giggles* keep it up bro's, much appreciated!
Thanks bro.Its an obligation.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by walmart: 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
tzetzefly:

Safe Trip.... cheesy
Thanks, tzetzefly.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by igbankebabe: 6:41am On Apr 30, 2013
Optimus-prime1,

Would there be any difference if a spouse applied for a b2 visa to visit her husband who has just completed his 5 years on his green card and is in process of filing for the us citizenship?

How long does the spousal visa take to process on the average? She wants to renew her b2 visa instead?

optimus-prime1:
@Hastron: the moment you indicate your wife is a LPR and you seek a Visit Visa, you will be denied and advised to fill in for a Spouse Visa and that can take a Looooooooooooong while so just wait till your wife becomes a citizen.
Btw why did'nt you indicate she was your wife(even if y'all were engaged?) at the time she just won the DV lotto?
You would have skipped all this by now.... Anyway you have some waiting to do man.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 8:33am On Apr 30, 2013
igbankebabe: Optimus-prime1,

Would there be any difference if a spouse applied for a b2 visa to visit her husband who has just completed his 5 years on his green card and is in process of filing for the us citizenship?

How long does the spousal visa take to process on the average? She wants to renew her b2 visa instead?

if her husband is a citizen, the duration could take from 3months to 6months for approval, but if he is still a LPR, trust me the wait could be looooooooooooong you cant really tell.
If she already had a B2 visa theres a very high chance that her renewal would be refused if she indicates shes going to "visit" her hubby who is almost a citizen...
Heres the thing; once you have a close relative in the US that is on an immigrant status eg father, mother, husband, brother etc getting a B2 Visa to "visit them" could be quite an issue, unless one is properly grounded in Nigeria.
Let her wait for her hubby to finalize his citizenship, or she states shes going on an absolutely different mission in the US (not to visit her husband) maybe just maybe her Visa may be renewed.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Henries: 10:25am On Apr 30, 2013
Thank u guys cos r doing a wonderful job by keepin us informd n educate us.u guys rock,I
wnt to knw d meanin of LPR.tanx
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2013
Henries: Thank u guys cos r doing a wonderful job by keepin us informd n educate us.u guys rock,I
wnt to knw d meanin of LPR.tanx

LPR means a Legal Permanent Resident.Its the official term for a Green Card holder
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
What's new about USA visit visa?

Anyone with latest update please?

Let's share ideas. Ask qstns and believe in ursef

Always remember, you need no agent to do nada for you.

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
ilekeoba: I am so glad I found this forum.Please I need your help here.I have a 2yrs USA B1/B2 Visa - still very valid and I own a company in lagos with my husband and got the visa to represent our company at a business event last year.But now I want to apply for USA Summer tourist visit for my kids actually 4 of them,my husband is in lagos too he doesnot have a USA visa himself and he is not applying.
pls I just need candid advice on how to go applying for the kids for a summer disneyland holiday in the usa.pls all advice and experiences will be appreciated.thank you.

I think you should go ahead and apply for tall of them, its a family vacation and it is not a crime! Even people apply together as a family (family of 4, 5, 6 etc) and they give them, does that mean they are absconding? nope!

Just book d hotel in florida and make sure your story is air tight
Re: Usa Visit Visa by igbankebabe: 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
Thank you for the update. Will it matter that he has already filed for her too? But that is still in process. She just wants to renew so she can visit for Christmas.

optimus-prime1:

if her husband is a citizen, the duration could take from 3months to 6months for approval, but if he is still a LPR, trust me the wait could be looooooooooooong you cant really tell.
If she already had a B2 visa theres a very high chance that her renewal would be refused if she indicates shes going to "visit" her hubby who is almost a citizen...
Heres the thing; once you have a close relative in the US that is on an immigrant status eg father, mother, husband, brother etc getting a B2 Visa to "visit them" could be quite an issue, unless one is properly grounded in Nigeria.
Let her wait for her hubby to finalize his citizenship, or she states shes going on an absolutely different mission in the US (not to visit her husband) maybe just maybe her Visa may be renewed.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2013
Africans Stand To Lose As US Cancels Visa Lottery

Africans could be the big losers as the United States reforms its immigration laws and eliminates the green card lottery, of which Africans are the main beneficiaries.

Half of the 50,000 residence permits handed out at random each year are earmarked for Africans. It is a hugely popular program that has allowed hundreds of thousands of Africans to settle in America since the mid 1990s.

But the ambitious reform project under debate now in Washington, which would provide papers for million undocumented immigrants, contains a clause that would do away with the lottery.

In its place would be a more selective immigration system based on skills, career and family ties.

For years the lottery has been in the crosshairs of Republicans, who control the House of Representatives and say it adds no value to the American economy.

"It's clear that there are better ways to allocate visas than to randomly give them out through a lottery system," said Bob Goodlatte, the Republican who leads the House Judiciary Committee. "Our immigration laws shouldn't be based on the luck of the draw; rather, they should be designed strategically to benefit our country."

The 'diversity visa,' as it is known formally, is set aside for people from countries that do not experience a lot of emigration. So Mexicans, Chinese and Filipinos, for instance, are not eligible. Africans quickly became the main ones to cash in.

All applicants need is a high school diploma or two years of work experience.

Between 2010 and 2012, one in five Africans who came to the United States to stay did so through the lottery. That made it the third most common method, at 21 percent of the total, after family reunification (43%) and refugee status or asylum seekers (23%).

By comparison, in the same period only 10 percent of Europeans who became permanent residents and 3% of Asians did so through the lottery.

"It has proven to be a way of helping those who come from the continent of Africa, those who come from a number of other areas where it is very difficult to get a visa," said Sheila Jackson Lee, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, whose members are all Democrats.

But in an effort to preserve the comprehensive reform being negotiated for months by the two parties, the Democrats and President Barack Obama agreed to ditch the lottery.

Representative Charles Schumer, who authored the program in 1990, said it was impossible to keep it.

Schumer said the system that will replace it in 2017 is merit-based and will also give Africans a chance. On average they are more educated than people from other continents. And English-speaking Africans would get a boost because of that language skill.

But Michael Fix of the Migration Policy Institute said, "It really probably won't admit enough people to offset the effects of the loss of the diversity visa for some years after that. It's a long time away. It won't be immediately offset by any means."

The diversity visas would vanish starting next year under the reform being negotiated.

Only four percent of African immigrants - compared to 21 percent of Asians and 22 percent of Europeans - received a green card for employment reasons in 2012.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People says the number of African immigrants will go down even with the merit-based system.

"In essence, we're concerned," said Hilary Shelton, the NAACP Washington bureau director.

Dame Babou, who hosts a radio show that caters to Senegalese people in New York, said the scrapping of the lottery is disheartening for Africans.

"Every year many people thought this was going to be their year," Babou said. "Again, what is being eliminated is hope."
Re: Usa Visit Visa by optimusprime2(m): 10:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
igbankebabe:
Thank you for the update. Will it matter that he has already filed for her too? But that is still in process. She just wants to renew so she can visit for Christmas.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by dannie007(m): 7:06am On May 01, 2013
Hello house, my close pal meet an American Friend online last year ever since then, they have been in good communication she wanted to visit him but due to some medical issues, she requested he visit's Her, She is from Illinous she sent every paper work down to her bank statement which is over 60k dolls down to her buisness reg in the US, she will be paying for the trip and my friend works with a construction company where he recieves a. Monthly salary of 190k as a field supervisor. He has a house of his own in Lagos which he inherited from his late Parent's and a Big Animal Farm where he generates close to 150k every month, what are his chances of getting a B1/B2 visa please advice on what document to take along to Embassy because he already has a slot for 6th which is Monday.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:47am On May 01, 2013
dannie007: Hello house, my close pal meet an American Friend online last year ever since then, they have been in good communication she wanted to visit him but due to some medical issues, she requested he visit's Her, She is from Illinous she sent every paper work down to her bank statement which is over 60k dolls down to her buisness reg in the US, she will be paying for the trip and my friend works with a construction company where he recieves a. Monthly salary of 190k as a field supervisor. He has a house of his own in Lagos which he inherited from his late Parent's and a Big Animal Farm where he generates close to 150k every month, what are his chances of getting a B1/B2 visa please advice on what document to take along to Embassy because he already has a slot for 6th which is Monday.

You should have asked this question before he booked for his interview. It will be difficult to secure that visa based on the fact that both parties have not met physically.

She should have been the one to come over to Nigeria since it's more easier for her securing visa, and not your friend travelling to the States.

Also, he should have indicated tourism/pleasure as his sole reason for travelling not claiming to know anyone in the States. He has made the situation for future visa application a tall task for himself.

The visa officer may tell him to go the spouse visa route which in his own case, may take a serious scrutiny as both parties have not even met and for you to scale a spouse visa application, both parties must have been in the relationship for two years running with verifiable evidence.

He can try his luck if he so wishes or fill another form, the choice is his.......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dannie007(m): 8:42am On May 01, 2013
Plese what can be done? He indicated in his form that they are friends! He will be stayin @ her place. He his capable of sponsoring the trip but the Lady choose to and she said she is going to the Embassy the morning of his interview.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 9:46am On May 01, 2013
dannie007: Plese what can be done? He indicated in his form that they are friends! He will be stayin @ her place. He his capable of sponsoring the trip but the Lady choose to and she said she is going to the Embassy the morning of his interview.
To be granted a US visa,you and your host must have a very close relationship,not just friendship on a platonic leve.The US embassy are normally wary of issuing visas to "friends" especially those who have not met before.In fact,the US government do advice its citizens to be wary of visiting Nigerian friends,who they have met online.They are not oblivious of the 419 schemes These guys perpertate on their "virtual American friends":ditto for sham marriages .So,not to be pessimistic,its gonna be difficult for your bro as the burden of proof on him is so huge.The K1 visa tzetzefly mentioned Is a better option though.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dintexventures2(m): 3:03pm On May 01, 2013
I have asked some questions about u.s visiting visa.Pls my guys do you think its easier if conference is the reason for the travel or just to visit.I have gone thru the trend and observed that they frown at visiting a close relation.Do you think for person visiting with one of his children out of four need to fear.Will hotel booking serve the purpose if tourism is the reason for the travel?

Kindly advice us plsss
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:53pm On May 01, 2013
dintexventures2: I have asked some questions about u.s visiting visa.Pls my guys do you think its easier if conference is the reason for the travel or just to visit.I have gone thru the trend and observed that they frown at visiting a close relation.Do you think for person visiting with one of his children out of four need to fear.Will hotel booking serve the purpose if tourism is the reason for the travel?

Kindly advice us plsss

Sir, it's best not to misquote people on this forum grin, there is no law anyway that states you cannot be issued visa if you intend travelling with your family members. What people clearly said was that your circumstance in Nigeria determines the CO's decision to issue visa or not.

If you have a secured job, your economic situation is strong, your family tie is solid; and you have travelled a couple of times or extensively, with a good showing (not arrogance) during your interview, then you have just put the CO in a helpless situation to issue you entry visa.

See how easy that is.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 01, 2013
igbankebabe:

If he has already filed for her, they will not renew her B1 visa. The embassy will tell her to go and wait for the result of the application already made by her husband in her name.

It will be better for her to wait till the husband becomes a citizen. That way, the earlier application will be fast track.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dintexventures2(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2013
tzetzefly:

Sir, it's best not to misquote people on this forum grin, there is no law anyway that states you cannot be issued visa if you intend travelling with your family members. What people clearly said was that your circumstance in Nigeria determines the CO's decision to issue visa or not.

If you have a secured job, your economic situation is strong, your family tie is solid; and you have travelled a couple of times or extensively, with a good showing (not arrogance) during your interview, then you have just put the CO in a helpless situation to issue you entry visa.

See how easy that is.....
Thanks bro,I don't misquito people.I only asked a question.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thelonestranger: 8:55pm On May 01, 2013
Question:
I want my dad to visit. He has applied once when I was a student but was refused and he decided not to apply again. Now I am employed on H1-B visa and have a good job and want him to visit. He and my mum (who lives in US) are divorced and so his problem has been that they told him he has no family in Nigeria to return to and he also runs his own little business. How can he improve chances ? Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by olakunle2008: 11:19pm On May 01, 2013
Good day Nairalanders.Pls i will like u guys to help me look into my case.I was denied visa in Sept last year on DVlottery.My wife was the principal winner.It was discovered during the interview that i also won with another lady with our 2 kids.But the error was caused by the stupid guy that played the lottery for us.My wife fought me day and night that i was the cause of the denial.It has even lead to our being divorced two months ago.Iam a supervisor and the head of my department in the company i work for.A cousin invited me for her graduation on the 11th of May and my appointment is on the 6th May.I av more than two Million in my accounts(savings and current of each more than a million).I dont av a salary account as we are always paid by cheque as senior staffs.I av other businesses i do.I own a house,landed properties, 2Cars,and other properties.I av bin working for the past 10 years in the same company.These are the list of documents i av:
1..Letter of Invitation
2..Statement of accounts
3..Letter of introduction from my office
4..Property documents
5.Divorce certificate
6.10years long service award certificate
7.My children pictures
8.my House picture as i av not gotten the proper papers like C of O,etc
9.My cousin pics and her mum
10.Booked round ticket flight.
Kindly advise me if i av any chance and what i can do to defend myself.Thanks and God bless u all'
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:28am On May 02, 2013
olakunle2008: Good day Nairalanders.Pls i will like u guys to help me look into my case.I was denied visa in Sept last year on DVlottery.My wife was the principal winner.It was discovered during the interview that i also won with another lady with our 2 kids.But the error was caused by the stupid guy that played the lottery for us.My wife fought me day and night that i was the cause of the denial.It has even lead to our being divorced two months ago.Iam a supervisor and the head of my department in the company i work for.A cousin invited me for her graduation on the 11th of May and my appointment is on the 6th May.I av more than two Million in my accounts(savings and current of each more than a million).I dont av a salary account as we are always paid by cheque as senior staffs.I av other businesses i do.I own a house,landed properties, 2Cars,and other properties.I av bin working for the past 10 years in the same company.These are the list of documents i av:
1..Letter of Invitation
2..Statement of accounts
3..Letter of introduction from my office
4..Property documents
5.Divorce certificate
6.10years long service award certificate
7.My children pictures
8.my House picture as i av not gotten the proper papers like C of O,etc
9.My cousin pics and her mum
10.Booked round ticket flight.
Kindly advise me if i av any chance and what i can do to defend myself.Thanks and God bless u all'
Booking a ticket before an interview Provides no guarantees one will be issued with a visa.It could even make the CO to suspect desperation,although I dont think you are .
Diversity VISA

First,what do you mean by you won with another lady?Do you mean you applied for the DV seperately with another lady,while your wife also applied for both of you?In thAT case,you didnt stand any chance for a DV visa,as polygamy is illegal in the US.And of course the CO reckoned you had something up your sleeves.
VISIT VISA
You ve got some pretty strong ties ,save for the fact that you have recently divorced,Because,having a wife and children in Nigeria is considered a family tie.So,ensure that you display a positive body language and supreme confidence at the interview.Answer the CO'squestions in a convincing manner.No stuttering.No panicking.And we shall have to wait and see.
N.b Your DV selection reinforces the presumption that you are an intending immigrant
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:38am On May 02, 2013
thelonestranger: Question:
I want my dad to visit. He has applied once when I was a student but was refused and he decided not to apply again. Now I am employed on H1-B visa and have a good job and want him to visit. He and my mum (who lives in US) are divorced and so his problem has been that they told him he has no family in Nigeria to return to and he also runs his own little business. How can he improve chances ? Thanks
Having strong Family ties are crucial for a visit visa,and that explains the difficult situation your Dad finds himself.The problem is,the INA places a burden of proof on the applicant as an intending immigrant,and,in order to overcome that law,he/she has to prove that he is well-established in Nigeria,and also has a family.Are you his only child?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thelonestranger: 7:25am On May 02, 2013
Gbenge 77: Having strong Family ties are crucial for a visit visa,and that explains the difficult situation your Dad finds himself.The problem is,the INA places a burden of proof on the applicant as an intending immigrant,and,in order to overcome that law,he/she has to prove that he is well-established in Nigeria,and also has a family.Are you his only child?

No we are two. My sister is a green card holder but not yet citizen status just as my mom. My sister is still a student though
Re: Usa Visit Visa by olakunle2008: 3:15pm On May 02, 2013
The guy mistakenly played multiple for me
Re: Usa Visit Visa by igbankebabe: 3:35pm On May 02, 2013
Did you say there is a Malaysian consulate close to the US embassy on Walter Carrington? And visa applications are taken there?

[quote author=phemobay][/quote]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:40pm On May 02, 2013
igbankebabe:
Did you say there is a Malaysian consulate close to the US embassy on Walter Carrington? And visa applications are taken there?

Malaysian visa applications/issuance are carried out in Abuja and i doubt if Lagos still issues visas. It used to be possible in Lagos before 2007, but can't say now.

Take time to visit their embassy in V/Island to verify....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:17pm On May 02, 2013
thelonestranger:

No we are two. My sister is a green card holder but not yet citizen status just as my mom. My sister is still a student though
It would still be difficult for him to get around the family tie conundrum,since he has all his wards in the US.Even those with wards in Nigeria could be denied,let alone one who has none.But you can tell with the US Embassy.He might get lucky some other time.[color=][/color]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:27pm On May 02, 2013
olakunle2008: The guy mistakenly played multiple for me
That is gone with the wind.Next time,you would do well to apply for the DV lottery yourself.Its not rocket science.You dont want anybody to damage your integrity by applying on your behalf multiple times.Anyways,you can look forward to your interview with cautious optimism.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Funlady412(f): 9:21pm On May 02, 2013
I av a cousin,she earn 85,500 montly as civil sevant,shes got a biz too,and she has about1.4 in her account balance,she is single,shes invited to the united state.the ques is,should she sponsor herself or her dad serves as her sponsor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.