Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061974 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:14am On Apr 18, 2013
laurel03: I am a security officer (ASP) and d conference is partianing to my job.. Thanks for d good job

Just remain composed and confident during your interview, and also, take your conference invitation letter to the embassy.The CO will want to have a look at it for confirmation. I hope it is a paid conference?

Remember to wear your uniform for the interview. It serves as a morale booster. Basically, you are unlikely to have a problem being a first time traveller. However, this situation depends on the way and manner you are able to answer all questions directed to you by the CO.

All the best.....

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by honeychild(f): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
post repeated below
Re: Usa Visit Visa by honeychild(f): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Hi all,

I have been a frequent lurker on this thread. I have been reading this thread since last year when I started preparing to apply for a U.S. visa, and I must say I learnt so much and avoided so many mistakes because of the information on this thread.

I had applied to the US as a first time traveler with my husband in 2004, under invitation from my half brother and we had been refused. When I was filling my ds 160 this time, I was seriously tempted to say I had no relatives in the US. I had not kept in contact with my brother, and I felt rather embarrassed to be call him and ask for his details after such a long time. But because of what I learnt here I took the trouble and got all the info I needed to fill the form accurately.

Anyway we went for the interview yesterday (me, my husband and two kids) and we were successful. It was a really short interview:

CO: Where are you going in the US?
DH: We will be going to Houston, then Orlando and finish up at New York (I got the tip about having an itinerary planned from this thread.
CO: How long will you be staying?
Ans: 17 days. (also got the tip about answering in days from this thread.
CO: (to my husband) what do you do?
ans: I work at........as......... (we had rehearsed and fine tuned this answer to find the most impressive job description)
CO: Where have you traveled to as a family
ans: Ghana and the UK
CO: I can see from your passport (my husband's) that you have traveled more extensively that them.
ans: yes. (My husband had been to Holland and France on business.)
CO: pick up ur visa...
It was the shortest interview ever. He did not ask for any documents, not even the financial documents.

One point I noted was that for family travelers, ensure you have gone outside Nigeria as a family before applying to the US. There was a man with his wife and kid who were rejected even though he had traveled very widely in Europe and Asia but the wife had never traveled.

So once again I say thanks to all the regulars on this thread for helping us In beIng well prepared for the interview m

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
honeychild: Hi all,

I have been a frequent lurker on this thread. I have been reading this thread since last year when I started preparing to apply for a U.S. visa, and I must say I learnt so much and avoided so many mistakes because of the information on this thread.

I had applied to the US as a first time traveler with my husband in 2004, under invitation from my half brother and we had been refused. When I was filling my ds 160 this time, I was seriously tempted to say I had no relatives in the US. I had not kept in contact with my brother, and I felt rather embarrassed to be call him and ask for his details after such a long time. But because of what I learnt here I took the trouble and got all the info I needed to fill the form accurately.

Anyway we went for the interview yesterday (me, my husband and two kids) and we were successful. It was a really short interview:

CO: Where are you going in the US?
DH: We will be going to Houston, then Orlando and finish up at New York (I got the tip about having an itinerary planned from this thread.
CO: How long will you be staying?
Ans: 17 days. (also got the tip about answering in days from this thread.
CO: (to my husband) what do you do?
ans: I work at........as......... (we had rehearsed and fine tuned this answer to find the most impressive job description)
CO: Where have you traveled to as a family
ans: Ghana and the UK
CO: I can see from your passport (my husband's) that you have traveled more extensively that them.
ans: yes. (My husband had been to Holland and France on business.)
CO:

I catch u! You didn't finish ur interview. Oya go on and let the jury hear u and know that my visa is on the way
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
@honeychild, congrats & safe trip.... wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by benson3788(m): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithjanetstore: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
kindly read the question very well before responding were u high while reading it
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithjanetstore: 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
@nairalanders quick response is urgently needed , a friend of my mine with 10yrs business visa intend travelling with her fiancee she works as a nurse wht are the necessary document she need to provide and while filling the ds 160 form is it necssary to indicate that she will be travelling with him and wht are the necessary document he need to provide as sponsor to boost her chances in obtaining the visa abg nw
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
i had it 2day but didnt get it

vo: can i av ur passpt
me: here is it sir...
vo: y do u wana travel to us
me: to visit my reletive because he has invited me to visit him and his family
vo: what did ur uncle do in d us
me: he is ......
vo: where in us ar u visiting
me: told him
vo: how long ar u going to spent dia
me: 20days
vo: what do u do in nig
me: i av my personal biz and also work as an accountant in .......
vo: av u travel b4
me: no
vo: are u maried
me: happily maried wt a child
vo: why ar dey not going wt u

am sorry u ar not eligible for bla bla bla..... and he returned my documents and gave me a paper...... u can gv comment pls

he didnt ask for any document from me...

please i intends to travel in may 22 friends please when can i reapply....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 5:07am On Apr 20, 2013
phemobay: i had it 2day but didnt get it

am sorry u ar not eligible for bla bla bla..... and he returned my documents and gave me a paper...... u can gv comment pls

You can re apply anytime.But you are better off re applying when your circumstances change.,If one re applies,without rectifyin the situation that led to the first denial,he/she might be denied again,even by another CO.In your situation,I reckon the CO was not convinced about your job/financial situation, having checked your documents.You would do well to improve on that before re applying.Ditto for your travel experience.You dont wanna keep frittering away your hard earned 160,you know
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 6:17am On Apr 20, 2013
Gbenge 77: You can re apply anytime.But you are better off re applying when your circumstances change.,If one re applies,without rectifyin the situation that led to the first denial,he/she might be denied again,even by another CO.In your situation,I reckon the CO was not convinced about your job/financial situation, having checked your documents.You would do well to improve on that before re applying.Ditto for your travel experience.You dont wanna keep frittering away your hard earned 160,you know

i observed d following...

1. I didnt fill my monthly income in d ds form
2. d co. is not friendly wt anyone, d window 1 co.

reoson is because my personal business gives more income dan my place of work... i only get 45k where 8 work and my personal biz gives double of dis say 102k per month...

pls more advice because am gonnna fill another ds soon...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2013
Hi all, at justwise,gbenga, tzetzefly etc.
Please do help me advice on the best way to secure a USA tourist visa for my brother. He has his personal business registered enterprises, married with two kids,have travelled to south africa twice and turkey once. He want to use hotel reservation to booking appointment for the usa visa. Please what are his chances and the best way to go about it. Thank you all and God bless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 2:37am On Apr 21, 2013
U can reapply next month. Secondly,u shld just say "you are staying 5days" because its somehow wanting to leave your work,wife and kid for 3weeks (20days). And also be specific about what you do, being an Accountant sounds more conviencing.

phemobay: i had it 2day but didnt get it

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2013
phemobay:

i observed d following...

1. I didnt fill my monthly income in d ds form
2. d co. is not friendly wt anyone, d window 1 co.

reoson is because my personal business gives more income dan my place of work... i only get 45k where 8 work and my personal biz gives double of dis say 102k per month...

pls more advice because am gonnna fill another ds soon...
Ok,Fill in your total annual income in the DS 160 FORM.Explain if asked.The CO might have riled by a disgruntled interviwee,before you appeared for yours,but they are not normally "unfriendly".They are some of the State Departments finest,So,do not opinionate yourself on that.Next time you appear for an interview,maintain a calm disposition,and dont appear desperate for a visa.Hope for some Luck as well.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2013
vozkini: Hi all, at justwise,gbenga, tzetzefly etc.
Please do help me advice on the best way to secure a USA tourist visa for my brother. He has his personal business registered enterprises, married with two kids,have travelled to south africa twice and turkey once. He want to use hotel reservation to booking appointment for the usa visa. Please what are his chances and the best way to go about it. Thank you all and God bless.

There is no cause to worry for your brother, let him go ahead and apply for the visa. Also having travelled abroad previously on some occassion, is quite good.

However, i believe your brother has been taking several pleasure holidays with his family not going with him. This might be frowned upon at this time by the CO and work against him. Your brother should add his wife to his itinenary and leave his two(2) kids behind in Nigeria as a tie.

If your brother's wife has not travelled with him before as a family, he should tell the CO he owes her this trip big time and he needs some quality time alone with her. The CO will definitely ask him this question which could either make or break his interview.

The CO will also want to know why their kids are not going on the trip with them. Your brother should then tell the CO that his grandma (if you still have one), misses the kids so much and she requires they come spend sometime with her.

TAKE NOTE:
Your brother must never say what he is not asked and must also make his reply very brief so as not to say something out of place.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2013
edun.o:
U can reapply next month. Secondly,u shld just say "you are staying 5days" because its somehow wanting to leave your work,wife and kid for 3weeks (20days). And also be specific about what you do, being an Accountant sounds more conviencing.

ok tanks a lot, but do u tink it wl b safe for me to use 5days dis for new app, haven used 3weeks b4.... dont u tink it may b a itch.... kindly respond...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 11:17am On Apr 21, 2013
Gbenge 77: You can re apply anytime.But you are better off re applying when your circumstances change.,If one re applies,without rectifyin the situation that led to the first denial,he/she might be denied again,even by another CO.In your situation,I reckon the CO was not convinced about your job/financial situation, having checked your documents.You would do well to improve on that before re applying.Ditto for your travel experience.You dont wanna keep frittering away your hard earned 160,you know

kindly eplain better because i dnt rily understand ur last paragraph
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eduno: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
It won't be a problem. Trust me it works.Also have a plan for the 5days incase they ask.jst note places u will be visting.

phemobay:

ok tanks a lot, but do u tink it wl b safe for me to use 5days dis for new app, haven used 3weeks b4.... dont u tink it may b a itch.... kindly respond...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
tzetzefly:

There is no cause to worry for your brother, let him go ahead and apply for the visa. Also having travelled abroad previously on some occassion, is quite good.

However, i believe your brother has been taking several pleasure holidays with his family not going with him. This might be frowned upon at this time by the CO and work against him. Your brother should add his wife to his itinenary and leave his two(2) kids behind in Nigeria as a tie.

If your brother's wife has not travelled with him before as a family, he should tell the CO he owes her this trip big time and he needs some quality time alone with her. The CO will definitely ask him this question which could either make or break his interview.

The CO will also want to know why their kids are not going on the trip with them. Your brother should then tell the CO that his grandma (if you still have one), misses the kids so much and she requires they come spend sometime with her.

TAKE NOTE:
Your brother must never say what he is not asked and must also make his reply very brief so as not to say something out of place.....

Thanks bros tzetzefly,

Your advice is well understood but the truth is that he planned travelling alone first without the wife and kids, as per previous trips. he went to south Africa with wife then.
he planned to travel next time with the wife after ths. please which of the excuse do you think will be appropriate to tell the CO when asked why are they not going with you. can one say she is pregnant and she is with the mum or should i said she was unable to secure a leave from her office. or please if there is any reasonable reason one can throw to convince the CO.
meanwhile,if he uses hotel reservation,is there any issue that will arise from it? he plan going to chicago and new york and wish to stay 10 days.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by benson3788(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
tzetzefly:

Holding a designation such as a PA does not guarantee a long term job security for you or show adequate economic tie to Nigeria in a way an Admin or Welfare Officer in that organisation would portray.

If you say PA, you could be knocked off by the CO for lack of economic tie to your country which makes it possible for you to abscond once in the States.

If you're married with kids, that's a good family/social tie to your country. Go along with your marriage certificates and wedding pictures....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by benson3788(m): 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
vozkini:

Thanks bros tzetzefly,

Your advice is well understood but the truth is that he planned travelling alone first without the wife and kids, as per previous trips. he went to south Africa with wife then.
he planned to travel next time with the wife after ths. please which of the excuse do you think will be appropriate to tell the CO when asked why are they not going with you. can one say she is pregnant and she is with the mum or should i said she was unable to secure a leave from her office. or please if there is any reasonable reason one can throw to convince the CO.
meanwhile,if he uses hotel reservation,is there any issue that will arise from it? he plan going to chicago and new york and wish to stay 10 days.

Making use of a hotel booking and 10days stay is perfect. Itemise exotic locations he intends visiting in NewYork and Chicago, he would be asked by the CO.

Quite dicey to go alone for such a trip at this time. It would be better going for the interview with his wife just as i have said to have a good chance securing the visa.

It does not mean they will both depart for the trip together. He can go alone after a successful interview and she can go with him the second trip he makes. The visa is mutiple entry and does not have any negative effect in her passport, does it..?

He should not lie that his wife is pregnant, that is an excuse that will result in a costly mistake. Let him go for the interview with his wife.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by mysoopafly: 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
HI, JUSTWISE, GBENGA 77 ,TZETZEFLY AND ALL NAIRALANDERS.
i appreciate your assistance to people that seeks help here, you guys have been so helpful and may God continue to bless you all.

please i have similar case with that of vozkini, i am married and with a kid,have to traveled to Dubai and south Africa once. i intend to travel to USA. want to book appointment by weekend, i want to use hotel reservation, Going for vacation that i will stay for 7 days. Going alone without the wife and the kids. self employed. when asked why i am not going to USA with them what is the proper excuse that i will give to make a way for me? please also, what are the expected questions that i might be thrown at during the interview and much needed documents that i will need in case if i am asked to present to them?
PLEASE YOUR CANDID ADVISES IS WELCOMED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. grin
Does Lagos sanitation days affects the embassy on Thursday cause i want to book on thursday.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
mysoopafly: HI, JUSTWISE, GBENGA 77 ,TZETZEFLY AND ALL NAIRALANDERS.
i appreciate your assistance to people that seeks help here, you guys have been so helpful and may God continue to bless you all.

please i have similar case with that of vozkini, i am married and with a kid,have to traveled to Dubai and south Africa once. i intend to travel to USA. want to book appointment by weekend, i want to use hotel reservation, Going for vacation that i will stay for 7 days. Going alone without the wife and the kids. self employed. when asked why i am not going to USA with them what is the proper excuse that i will give to make a way for me? please also, what are the expected questions that i might be thrown at during the interview and much needed documents that i will need in case if i am asked to present to them?
PLEASE YOUR CANDID ADVISES IS WELCOMED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. grin
Does Lagos sanitation days affects the embassy on Thursday cause i want to book on thursday.

Since you are aware of the situation with @vozkini, i suggest you do the same by taking your wife along. Summer season is fast approaching in the States, and a lonely trip raises a question mark as to your real intentions for the proposed journey.

Having your family on a trip with you is a plus that will favour your visa interview. Think about this carefully. The same similar questions already asked others on this forum will still be directed at you, nothing different (check through previous pages). Your answers and body language are what matters.

Take all your documents concerning your job along, the CO may not even look at them....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
tzetzefly: grin

bros, this no b laugh matter, please the cost will be too much for me ooo. am going partly for business. try see if there is alternative. or should i am single then? as in respect to my brother.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
vozkini:

bros, this no b laugh matter, please the cost will be too much for me ooo. am going partly for business. try see if there is alternative. or should i am single then? as in respect to my brother.

Do not claim single since you are married, it is a good thing that does work in visa matters most times. He should apply with his wife leaving his kids as a tie back in Nigeria. It does not mean he will travel along with her....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2013
tzetzefly:

Do not claim single since you are married, it is a good thing that does work in visa matters most times. Apply with your wife leaving your kid as a tie back in Nigeria. It does not mean you must travel along with her....

Thanks bros, i will try and see if i could include her as well but where it is not possible, i will go alone and face them like that, when asked, i will tell them she is not disposed to travel right now cos she is with her mum whom is sick. thank you once again. this my bros respond.
be blessed tzetzefly.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
benson3788: @tzetzefly will I speak on his behalf at the interview, since he is just 16yrs? Can't he speak for himself, as he is even taller and a 200 level undergraduate student? His dad plans 2 or 3 weeks hotel reservation; is it ok?

You will be speaking for him since you are the one accompanying him to Maryland for his treatment. He is assumed to be under your care for the duration of his stay in Maryland and departure back to Nigeria.

Confirm from the Doctor in Maryland how long the treatment will last so you can inform the CO about this which will also give you an idea on how many days' accomodation you will book.

He can only answer if the CO ask him specific questions which i doubt. And lest i forget, he must go with a letter from his school that he has been permitted to proceed on this journey and his school ID Card.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2013
vozkini:

Thanks bros, i will try and see if i could include her as well but where it is not possible, i will go alone and face them like that, when asked, i will tell them she is not disposed to travel right now cos she is with her mum whom is sick. thank you once again. this my bros respond.
be blessed tzetzefly.

It is well....wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
edun.o:
It won't be a problem. Trust me it works.Also have a plan for the 5days incase they ask.jst note places u will be visting.

I did appreciate u... i will follow ur advice... please my passport is virgin do u tink it can pose a challenge.... and how can i handle my financial status, because my salary is 35k but i av a very good business dat always gives me profit of N100,000 and above every month... advice please
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
phemobay:

I did appreciate u... i will follow ur advice... please my passport is virgin do u tink it can pose a challenge.... and how can i handle my financial status, because my salary is 35k but i av a very good business dat always gives me profit of N100,000 and above every month... advice please

I can see from your first post that some pertinent questions were asked you by the CO. Those were the areas that needed answers you could not give.

1. You do not have any travel experience
2. Your take home pay was not stated clearly in the DS-160
3. The duration of your stay, 20days was too long in comparism to your take home pay.
4. Your other business that fetch you extra income, needed to be stated clearly for verification
5. Business/conference visa in your
specialised area should have been the better option for you and not tourist visa
6. You cant apply now or else your
application will be refused again.
7. Apply after 6 months when you would
have made this changes.
8. Travel someplace else to change your
status.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.