Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank (93211 Views)

Ihebuzo Chris: EFCC Arrests Man Who Bragged About Hacking Access Bank Accounts / ACCESS BANK HACKER: IHEBUZO CHRIS ARRESTED AFTER CLAIMING TO HACK ACCESS BANK / The Arrest Of Hacker, Doctor Michael Williams: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by christopher123(m): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

First of all, I am not Igbo.

Second, this case is not similar to Hushpuppi's or Evans' cases.

Hushpuppi's case is grand fraud.

Evans' case is kidnapping and murder.

This guy's case is hacking. Hacking is a misdemeanor in many state laws.

Hacking ordinarily is not fraud. The hacker made it clear that he was trying to raise an alarm about Access Bank vulnerabilities; he was not interested in defrauding people.

Yes, he committed a crime (which I stated at the beginning of my original post), but there is something called parole for crimes that are not serious.

Some parole can be a ban from using the internet for a year.

Hushpuppi (on the other hand) committed serious computer crimes.

Evans committed crimes that are classified as terrorism. In case you don't know it, kidnapping is classified as a terror act, and acts of terrorism are serious crimes against humanity.

Please, hacking (without defrauding) should never be compared to grand theft and kidnapping.

A hacker can get a slap on the wrist. But grand theft and kidnapping are not forgiven so easily.

he performed a vulnerability testing on the bank website and he found them vulnerable

the bank should engage him and pay him for this ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by obailala(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2020
daddytime:
Am I the only one seeing an ethical hacker advertising his talents and about to cash out real big from Access Bank?

Just thinking...

Lol at all the commenters above calling for his arrest. Life is not for the most part, black and white. There is oftentimes an in-between.
Was thinking along the same lines too... nothing from the video indicates a serious crime yet.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Nadaken: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2020
SmartyPants:

https://www.bridewellconsulting.com/when-is-hacking-illegal-and-legal

I don't know of the exact law in Nigeria to be specific, but I know that there are quite comprehensive cyber security and intellectual property laws.

On a general criminal law basis, he can be arrested and charged with attempted fraud and the burden of proof will shift to him since he has already been shown to have taken substantial steps towards the act. The only way to defend that charge would be to show that he immediately submitted a security report to access bank.

But since he has confessed to having obtained customer's account details, he is now in a world of potential trouble. Unless the bank and the authorities decide to convert him to their use.
Let me also add that the information of those customers even the least (phone number) of which he has exposed the confidentiality of customers in access bank would shift any conversion plans the bank would have wanted to have with him
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by ghettochild(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2020
What if it wasn't his face

1 Like

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by christopher123(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2020
madjune:
Access should employ him.
It's obvious the guy dey look for IT job.
exactly,he did a top notch pen testing on their site

1 Like

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by ntyce(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2020
Faller:

Do you know what he can do with your bvn alone... If he can hack the bvn database.. what makes you so sure that he is not in the vault as we speak

You can't do anything with BVN..

If you know much about banking, the main hacking will involve the core database which is either finnacle or flexcube.
Indians, Pakistanis and Korean hackers have tried several times to hack Nigerian banks but all failed.

The so-called hacking he thinks is to use the generated BVN to get the customers details, call them like those fraudsters do.

2 Likes

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by ntyce(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2020
patani:

You can't be too sure... Finacle, flexcube n Phoenix etc don't have inbuilt security on network level.. And if database is not properly protected by CBA guys, OYO is the case

From that list he's displaying....

He didn't access the CBA.

He only has BVN and phone numbers.

1 Like

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2020
ntyce:
The idiot probably hacked into the BVN/phone number database.
I'm 100% certain he can't hack into the core banking platform ie finnacle or flexcube.

Are you conversant with these two core banking software?
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Olokonlaa: 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2020
Vulcanheph:
Guy why did you do this to me now?.....i almost went for my Vaseline untill i realised that it was bobrisky.
lol
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by CONFAMA: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
azmanaty02:
See as village people call this one and he answered with all his heart

grin grin grin
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2020
Charmingrascal:
This idiot should be thrown into jail
What is his crime? Because he exposed the vulnerability of a stupid bank.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Angelfrost(m): 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
SmartyPants:

https://www.bridewellconsulting.com/when-is-hacking-illegal-and-legal

I don't know of the exact law in Nigeria to be specific, but I know that there are quite comprehensive cyber security and intellectual property laws.

On a general criminal law basis, he can be arrested and charged with attempted fraud and the burden of proof will shift to him since he has already been shown to have taken substantial steps towards the act. The only way to defend that charge would be to show that he immediately submitted a security report to access bank.

But since he has confessed to having obtained customer's account details, he is now in a world of potential trouble. Unless the bank and the authorities decide to convert him to their use.

This is quite insightful... I am grateful!!!

1 Like

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by SmartyPants(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

This is quite insightful... I am grateful!!!

Quite a pleasure.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Angelfrost(m): 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

First of all, I am not Igbo.

Second, this case is not similar to Hushpuppi's or Evans' cases.

Hushpuppi's case is grand fraud.

Evans' case is kidnapping and murder.

This guy's case is hacking. Hacking is a misdemeanor in many state laws.

Hacking ordinarily is not fraud. The hacker made it clear that he was trying to raise an alarm about Access Bank vulnerabilities; he was not interested in defrauding people.

Yes, he committed a crime (which I stated at the beginning of my original post), but there is something called parole for crimes that are not serious.

Some parole can be a ban from using the internet for a year.

Hushpuppi (on the other hand) committed serious computer crimes.

Evans committed crimes that are classified as terrorism. In case you don't know it, kidnapping is classified as a terror act, and acts of terrorism are serious crimes against humanity.

Please, hacking (without defrauding) should never be compared to grand theft and kidnapping.

A hacker can get a slap on the wrist. But grand theft and kidnapping are not forgiven so easily.

This right here is exactly what I was on about... This can't be a serious crime!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Ukejeiyke17: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
Yeah you maybe right, for him to do that he must have a knowledge of Ethical hacking.. depends if he knows want he's saying ...
ethicallyright:

I mean. The boy may not even know SQL injection. He simply found an old irrelevant paper somewhere and decided to use it for attention seeking. The many computer illiterates in Nigeria believe it's an Herculean task.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by WaleRock: 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
The headline and the actual content are insistent!

You people should watch the video and read the body first.

This guy only exposed the vulnerability of Access Bank. He said it was easy for him to extract account holders detail from the bank's website.

I think commenters should rather challenge the bank to secure their accounts better!
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by SavageMaster: 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
gambia:
Its a welcome development. He should be apprended and dealt with us accordingly.

They won't do that. Nobody is going to arrest him.

They'll negotiate with him behind the scenes and get him to help them upgrade their security
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
ntyce:

You can't do anything with BVN..

If you know much about banking, the main hacking will involve the core database which is either finnacle or flexcube.
Indians, Pakistanis and Korean hackers have tried several times to hack Nigerian banks but all failed.

The so-called hacking he thinks is to use the generated BVN to get the customers details, call them like those fraudsters do.

Since he has their bvn. Phone number and details. He is just a phone call away from the customers. Portraying himself as an access bank agent. He'll tell you everything thing about your account. Believe me. Some people will end up falling for this and boom.... DEBIT ALERT... If you ask me... I'll say he has the tools he needs
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Mires: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
ntyce:
The idiot probably hacked into the BVN/phone number database.
I'm 100% certain he can't hack into the core banking platform ie finnacle or flexcube.

If one gain access to one's BVN, can't the person have access and withdrawal to the person's funds? I want to be enlightened
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Afamsi: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2020
Ekpekus:
Agbada don hook barbwire... E don be for am. grin
You got me laughing
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Karlifate: 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
Meteng:
Even called them back to confirm to them that it's actually him they called

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Mires: 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
EVILFOREST:
He should be ARRESTED and made to WEED the entire UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA

Omo, you wicked o! Of all the universities in Nigeria, it is only UNN with grass mass that you see. Lol
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
Access bank security firewall is one of the worst in this country. Its a risk going out with your access bank ATM.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Afamsi: 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
All hackers are murderers, therefore should face death sentence.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by CodeTemplar: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
butterfly777:
I suspect exposing the screen that contains his name is deliberate, and probably part of the game.

We cannot be too sure with scammers.

hackers are not necessarily scammers.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Mires: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
ethicallyright:
Means nothing.

BVN, Name, mobile number, Account number are a kind of public information.

He needs safe pins of debit cards to withdraw any amount. Just another attention seeker.

If you fill an IPPIS (Salary) form for instance you'll be asked for your name, account number, date of birth, BVN(to ensure you've not provided another account somewhere). Those papers are discarded in trash cans after data are entered into a computer system.

YOU CAN PROVIDE ANY OF THOSE TO A LOAN APP, to sign up on remita, to withdraw money from a betnaija/nairabet/betway account . INFACT, when someone asks you to fill in those information, the person can make inquiries from your bank to ensure you didn't fill in fake details.

No one asks for debit card security code, not even the bank manager is aware of the code. You can only lose it unknowingly to a phishing attack. That's your only private information in the banking department. Nigerian banks are even more secure than American banks. That's the only thing someone can withdraw your money with.

Really bro? I thought BVN can be used to cause someone to cry. Same with debit card inscribed numbers on the card.

Do you know I have personally refused supplying BVN to Binance for identity verification to trade crypto, thereby, hindering my chances of making legit money daily.

Same goes with another crpto trading site that requested the latter.

Please, educate me more. We learn daily.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by gsmcoder: 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
This guy is a fool, look at his skills, php, html, angular. I stopped reading it the moment I saw no python on his list.

Does the bank store user data in plain text? What happend to encryption.

2 Likes

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
Naive hacker
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
Mires:

Really bro? I thought BVN can be used to cause someone to cry. Same with debit card inscribed numbers on the card.

Do you know I have personally refused supplying BVN to Binance for identity verification to trade crypto, thereby, hindering my chances of making legit money daily.

Your BVN Cannot be used to withdraw money from your account . Your debit card is what you should keep safe.

1 Like

Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Sensiblerealist: 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
Like this guy don remove the P down there or is it my eyes grin shocked cool

Olokonlaa:
what of this?
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
Mires:

Without your pin no one can sweep your account best rest assured.
Re: Ihebuzo Chris: Face And Profile Of Hacker Threatening Access Bank by IMASTEX: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
daddytime:
Am I the only one seeing an ethical hacker advertising his talents and about to cash out real big from Access Bank?

Just thinking...

Lol at all the commenters above calling for his arrest. Life is not for the most part, black and white. There is oftentimes an in-between.
Thank God, I finally see a sensible comment from a civilise & mature brain after scrolling almost to the end of the page. They didn't even read the post as usual before rushing to quickly align with the misleading topic. The guy has just earned himself a cyber security job for access bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gunmen Shoot Herbalist In Nsukka, Enugu (photo) / 4 Armed Robbers Gang-Rape A Lady In Anambra, Record It, Blackmail Her (Photo) / Ayoade Akinnibosun, Offa Robbery Gang Leader At A Gym Before His Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.