Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,579 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener (33353 Views)

Bilal Adamu Halilu: DSS Arrests Convener Of "Arewa Lives Matter" / NIMC: We Have Registered 900 Repentant Boko Haram Members / Segalinks To Abdulmumin Jibrin: "Your Lawyers Have Been Served" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by edoairways: 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
Bimpe29:
As ANAN is to ICAN so shall NNBA be to NBA.
It is better that way
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by gtown: 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
Evercurious:

And why are they never appearing in court? Quota system lawyers feeling funky
Are you really what you think you are?

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by TheSERAPH: 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Since you are obviously from the north, I will hold my peace. We all know northerns are always backward in all they do.

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by mexbee1(m): 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Ibman: 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
Ask that man to tell us who is bankrolling him.... I known it must be El if you add Rufai na you sabi.
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by TheSERAPH: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
Since you are obviously from the north, I will hold my peace. We all know northerns are always backward in all they do. Name or point to one experienced lawyer that can compete with femi falana or wole olanipekun from the whole of the north, then I will reverse what I said earlier

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by JerryLekki: 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2020
I'm happpy for them.

Next, they should seek to restrict the NNBA to people practising law in the Penal Code areas.

Small by small, they will divide Nigeria by themselves.

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
Lawyers call themselves learned friends but they are not really learned. Who is El Rufia to cause commotion in the NBA? It shows the NBA is not as reputable as it seems and they have been compromised
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by onyemechi33: 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
freshwaters:
Lol it's funny.

How will they do it when in practice every lawyer is required to obtain his NBA seal which is prerequisite to filing matters in court. Will they have NNBA seals?.

The person who wrote these letters, if he's to file a case in the court, he will use same NBA seal to attach on it.

And the NBA isn't just anyother association, it's a creation of law.

This divisiveness needs to stop. Young lawyers aren't happy with NBA, it's been a voiceless body but it requires collective efforts to correct it and one of those happened during the election of Olamide Akpata. First none SAN President of NBA

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by passiveincome01: 12:18am On Sep 02, 2020
for real
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by showafrica(m): 12:30am On Sep 02, 2020
Abasman008:
Faction faction slowly but steadily... One day we'll have a faction country...

Getting close to that...

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by justy15: 12:33am On Sep 02, 2020
They have the constitutional right to form their MURIC Northern bar association, who cares.
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by idafa2018: 1:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Rebels
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by ORIAYO70(m): 1:36am On Sep 02, 2020
Racoon:

https://www.thecable.ng/over-5000-lawyers-have-registered-with-new-nba-says-co-convener/amp?__twitter_impression=true

This people are intellectual bankrupt..a professional body splits into two base on ethnicity n religious sentiments.. Now we know where Nigerians problems lies...

If there another problem among the new formed hey will form another NNNNNNNba....
I pity who hires Northerners Lawyers

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by owila4luv(m): 1:38am On Sep 02, 2020
it is now obvious that the north is The Problem Of This Country, in Other Words This An Islamic NBA, and It's A Threat To Nigeria Unity
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Jayvallia: 2:00am On Sep 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

How did their statement below hoves around El rufai?

Suleiman said one of the reasons for creating the new association is that the NBA is being run by a “cabal” who do not care about the welfare of the larger population of lawyers.

You are not very intelligent.

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by akilo1: 2:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Nigeria beer Association make una park well
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by ddeola: 2:58am On Sep 02, 2020
Lawlessness scripted by the terrorists. They will defend BH. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Elrufai's plan at work.

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by sulaak(m): 3:32am On Sep 02, 2020
simpleseyi:

I thought you people ae more civilized than the Hausa/Fulanis that have been ruling you for decades, why then are you scared of a parallel Association? The Nigeria Labour Congress has a parallel association named Trade Union Congress. There is NURTW and ther is a parrallel RTWEAN. Whya re scared on NNBA. DOn't be scared, common face your fears.

Why stop there, let's have a parallel country . A separated North and South. Don't be scared

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Robinson155(m): 3:55am On Sep 02, 2020
freshwaters:
Lol it's funny.

How will they do it when in practice every lawyer is required to obtain his NBA seal which is prerequisite to filing matters in court. Will they have NNBA seals?.

The person who wrote these letters, if he's to file a case in the court, he will use same NBA seal to attach on it.

And the NBA isn't just anyother association, it's a creation of law.

This divisiveness needs to stop. Young lawyers aren't happy with NBA, it's been a voiceless body but it requires collective efforts to correct it and one of those happened during the election of Olamide Akpata. First none SAN President of NBA

Not the first non SAN of NBA But the first non SAN in 22 years

And pls
Let’s be guided
The constitution allows freedom of association and the Legal practitioner acts, and the old authorities of Gani V NBA should rather work in tandem with the constitution. I see no reason at all why lawyers of the northern extraction can’t form another NBA, it’s a constitutional right and there should be allowed flex it all the way up..
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by darediamond(m): 5:00am On Sep 02, 2020
Franzinni:
Can a lawyer avoid lying ?

Enh?

What did just say?

Haa, you are HITLER meeeeen!!!!!

You NAILED THE COFFIN RIGHTLY!!

Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Yankee101: 5:04am On Sep 02, 2020
edoairways:
You so called ICAN allowed all manner of persons to their profession. They don't even have a school to mentor and teach their students like we see in law school

The average ICAN charter holder earns more money than the average lawyer in Nigeria.

So much for law school
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Evercurious(f): 5:30am On Sep 02, 2020
Cajal:

Low I Q is a big issue

Of course it has always been and still enshrined in your DNA up north
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Evercurious(f): 5:34am On Sep 02, 2020
[quote author=thebosstrevor1 post=93476564]

Ok bigot. Now go and sleep, i am sure if you had a bf or husband all these angry Energy wont be emitting from you.[/quote

Do you even know the meaning of bigot? You see people typing bigot and you just joined them..'Mumurity" enshrined in your DNA.. hurry and go get a cure.. IQ very much below average.. Too too bad
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by galaxy2020(m): 5:55am On Sep 02, 2020
You mean Hausa/fulani MURIC NBA? grin grin
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by 27Pushing30: 5:55am On Sep 02, 2020
yerokunphilips:
What's the problem of these people for God's sake . They just hate peace , they want to dominate every aspect of this country .

Igbos?
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Evercurious(f): 6:05am On Sep 02, 2020
ORIAYO70:

This people are intellectual bankrupt..a professional body splits into two base on ethnicity n religious sentiments.. Now we know where Nigerians problems lies...

If there another problem among the new formed hey will form another NNNNNNNba....
I pity who hires Northerners Lawyers

We all know no one hires them.. to do what sef? Backward reasoning people..
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Evercurious(f): 6:06am On Sep 02, 2020
Jayvallia:

You are not very intelligent.

You being mild with words for him.. he is a DULLARD..
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Evercurious(f): 6:09am On Sep 02, 2020
sulaak:

Why stop there, let's have a parallel country . A separated North and South. Don't be scared

No mind am.. see him talking as if naa better competition they ll bring to the table other than terrorism. Just watch out.. this is the group that ll start proposing SHARIA law in the constitution.. what else do you expect from SHARIA lawyers?
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by MrALIVE: 6:11am On Sep 02, 2020
All my life I have never been tribalistic...i preach against it,I teach against it....but to be sincere with you all,The problem of this country was created by some northern elements...and without mincing word,the North is still the reason why this country has retrogressed over the years.
Re: 5,000 Lawyers Have Registered With New NBA, Says Co-convener by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 02, 2020
Good
Next we need to hear
Over 5000 politicians signed for Ododuwa,
10,000 for Biafra
5000 for Arewa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Train Attack: Bandits Forced Their Way In And Abducted Some Persons, Says Witnes / I’m Not Born Again, I Don’t Turn My Cheek For Another Slap – Wike (Video) / Bring Seized Substandard Tyres To Aba Instead Of Burning Them - Dr Ikpeazu To FG