Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) (13539 Views)

Emulate Jonathan, Accept Defeat, APC Tells Atiku, Obi / Owerri Prison Break: Uzodimma Blames 'Known Imo Politicians' (Video) / Emulate Jonathan, Congratulate Buhari, Tony Momoh Tells Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by chimezieeze98: 8:32am On Sep 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-CRvTwj_g

BENIN CITY – IT was a historic moment, on Thursday, as the Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, met with political parties and leaders, where he sued for peace and urged them to emulate the action of former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 when he lost to President Muhammadu Buhari.

First to meet with the monarch were the two gladiators: Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and All Progressives Congress, APC, who Oba Ewuare II said they were heating up the polity.

While noting that elections were not a do-or-die affair, he said the politicians must note that they have only Edo State to call their own and, thus, must do everything to protect it from disintegration.

He said not only had the state been in the news for the wrong reasons, but the governorship election had also pitched the people against themselves. He said: “Today is a very historic day in the history of Edo State and in the history of the ancient Kingdom of Benin.

“I don’t think we had reasons to call this kind of meeting. I appreciate the respect you gentlemen have shown to the traditional institution. “Edo politics have been in the news for quite some time now for all the wrong reasons.

We have sleepless nights for quite sometimes now because these are all our people; these are people of the same stock, from the same body.

There is nobody that is a stranger to each other. “I have been worried; I have been worried right from the time the conflict started between Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the former governor and the incumbent governor, His Excellency Godwin Obaseki.

“I want you to take your mind back to 2015. Before the final election results were announced, President Goodluck Jonathan picked up his telephone and called President Buhari.

“All the predictions, forecasts by the international community that Nigeria will break up, it is going to be on fire everything was quenched just by that singular act. “I actually admire President Jonathan for his humility, for the gentlemanly way he handled 2015 election.

“You are all political actors in Edo State knowing where you are coming from. You have been together, now you are not together. “You confuse the press, you confuse the public, you are confusing everybody. Why are you all doing this? Is it just because of the office?

“It is for four years and at most another four years. Why will you now want lives to be lost? Why do we hear that you are arming thugs? Why?”

The monarch extracted commitment to peace from the leaders, including Governor Godwin Obaseki, his deputy Comrade Philip Shaibu, the candidate of the APC, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole and the South-South Vice Chairman of PDP, Chief Dan Orbih.

On his part, former National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun lauded the initiative of the Oba.

SOURCE: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/edo-2020-emulate-jonathan-oba-of-benin-charges-politicians/

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by SLAP44: 8:36am On Sep 03, 2020
Say no to political godfathers.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by Simplyleo: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2020
In other words, Gej as an incumbent bowed to the decision of Nigerians and accepted defeat. Obaseki should get ready for same.

But if he choose to be misled by ipob miscreants, then I wish him good luck. angry

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by rentAcock(m): 11:19am On Sep 03, 2020
President Goodluck Jonathan is a peaceful man
History will remember him as the most peaceful African president of all time.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by klm19: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2020
Simplyleo:
In other words, Gej as an incumbent bowed to the decision of Nigerians and accepted defeat. Obaseki should get ready for same.

But if he choose to be misled by ipob miscreants, then I wish him good luck. angry
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by PureGoldh(m): 11:19am On Sep 03, 2020
Em Politicians no go like dx kinda news abi tips

Dem suppose copy Yar'Adua's kinda lifestyle.....Humble man wey no get issue....May his soul keep resting in peace..

I wonder why some good people hardly last long

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:19am On Sep 03, 2020
This guy you suppose dor use this honey business take build house, by car and marry o.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by Churchill6767: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2020
Why not useless Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2020
............ and urged them to emulate the action of former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 when he lost to President Muhammadu Buhari.
The loser of an election has no choice but to conceed to defeat and call the winner to congratulate and wish him well of course.
Jona did the only thing he could have done.
Over 15 Million Nigerians that booted him and his gang of looters and criminals out of power can never be wrong.
Jona only bowed to the citizens decision.

So, the loser of this Edo election should get ready to do the same thing.

Simple Sturvs!

Still on still,
Edolites, Vote wisely!
Your future is in your hands

Angelfrost:
Nah... Don't lie! Jonathan could have swayed the results his way, even at the last minute... He even had the absolute powers to null and void the election.
No be only Nah, Na Nairaland!
Nairaland Orubebe has spoken! grin cheesy
You can only deceive and pamper the 2 times defeat of the criminals you support for 16 years.

Onto the Next one abeggii.......

stealmatic:

bcus he they said the truth he is they are now pathetic,okay u that is not pathetic should tell us what he should have done,and tell us who is more pathetic
You even have time to reply those wailing kids.
Ignoring them kills them more.
We will continue to hit their heads with the truth everytime.
God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by saheedbadmus(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2020
good advice.....i just pray this election wont turn to bloodshed o..cos Apc no go gree and Pdp self no one loose..God av mercy on the people of EDO oo and all the Bouncers going there as security o..

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by LosC: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2020
#EnoughIsEnough
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by lenghtinny(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2020
The king is on a long thing
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by Ogegeodey(m): 11:21am On Sep 03, 2020
Oba of benin is not an ass licker like other traditional rulers, especially northern emirs

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2020
god forbid I emulate Jonathan…..That man remains a weakling as long as leadership is concern, I used to be his supporter until I discover the reality of human affairs.
GOODLUCK JONATHAN IS A WEAKLING.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by lekki1444: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2020
EMULATE JONATHAN ? THIS OBA IS CRAZIER THAN A BAG OF NUTS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by Kingpele(m): 11:22am On Sep 03, 2020
God said let there be light but humanity especially politicians says let darkness continue, this is why the world is in darkness and rejoice there in... If not how can a human being be so desperate to achieve his heart desires at all cost. even at the cost of human life.. When he can die just the next minute... Can man be really normal in this life.. My motto: take life easy, see opportunities of service to human needs, work hard in it, pray to God and continue to be grateful
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by jlinkd78(m): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2020
Great
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by solmusdesigns: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2020
Obaseki lol

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by omooba969(m): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2020
GEJ and his wife are thieves.
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by whytediamond(m): 11:24am On Sep 03, 2020
Zz
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by saseremichael(m): 11:24am On Sep 03, 2020
God will bless us.

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by Nezzjnr: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2020
post=93524773:

The loser of an election has no choice but to conceed to defeat and call the winner to congratulate and wish him well of course.
Jona did the only thing he could have done.
Over 15 Million Nigerians that booted him out of power can never be wrong.

So, the loser of this Edo election should get ready to do the same thing.

Simple Sturvs!
You're just pathetic

12 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by TheABOMINATION: 11:25am On Sep 03, 2020
We the people of Edo state we miss Adams Oshiomhole, this is why we want Ize-iyamu to win so that Oshiomhole can come back as a godfather. Gone are the days when state governors can loot without anyone to control them. Say yes to godfatherism. Oshiomhole is coming back as a godfather, if you don't like it go and hug the nearest transformer.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by hush15: 11:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Simplyleo:

Yimu...

Be deceiving yourself.

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:25am On Sep 03, 2020
lekki1444:
EMULATE JONATHAN ? THIS OBA IS CRAZIER THAN A BAG OF NUTS
Aaaaahhhhhhh. shocked
A whole Oba of Benin

Kindly take that back biko!
Respect the Crown please!!

lekki1444:
tell the crown to respect himself grin
Oba has said nothing wrong o!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by ORAFA(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Obs ohhhhh
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by Angelfrost(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2020
So, I guess that statement is for.... Well, he knows himself!!! grin
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by tempex88(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2020
Oba's comment is Partisan. He stylishly attacked Obaseki. My opinion from the video i watched though.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by airminem(f): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2020
No one should ever emulate Buhari. He has done nothing good worth remembering. Posterity will be so unkind to his generations. . . sad
Re: Edo 2020: Emulate Jonathan, Oba Of Benin Charges Politicians (VIDEO) by saddler: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2020
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Minister Of State Not A Constitutional Aberration, A Response To Keyamo / APC Shifts NEC Meeting, Postpones ‘evil’ Day / What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.