Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy (38585 Views)

Sharif-Aminu Blasphemy: Appeal Court Postpones Hearing Of Kano Musician’s Case / Blasphemy: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Denied Access To Lawyers As Appeal Deadline Nears / Yahaya Aminu Sharif Sentenced To Death For Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Topmaike007(m): 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2020
Empiree:
this is normal in every country. Did you not hear many cases even in western world where accused is denied attorney sometimes?. Please let's stop adding sentiment to legal issue. It is not helpful.

Boko Haram

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Topmaike007(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
shamsin6300:

Arab?
Lolx grin

I am following the teaching of Islam & its holy Book (Qur'an & Hadith's) not Arab. They are Arabians are human just as we are, hope you are not trying to give them a different attribute?
was it not Arab that gave you the damn fvcking teaching

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Empiree: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
Kez11:

Plead which govt? Ganduje that was already salivating to sign his death sentence.

For how long shall we keep pleading with the govt on issues as such? You know how sensitive this matter is in the core North.

We rather cry out and condemn the law which can induce an amendment on penalty for blasphemy to set a better precedent or do you rather, we keep pleading with the govt anytime such matter comes up?

Bro, look at the bigger picture.
why do you wanna violate the law in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Topmaike007(m): 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
Olichoke:

Then, this Islam of a thing is a serious bondage.
Real bondage

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by tribalistdcriti: 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
Topmaike007:
Real bondage
it's bondage only foolish ones would think otherwise
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Topmaike007(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I need explanation.

You have now decided to fight for prophet mohammed since he can't fight for himself?
truly I believe they serve the moon and not the true God

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Topmaike007(m): 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
tribalistdcriti:
it's bondage only foolish ones would think otherwise
I was born a Christian but now decide to change from my upbringing to my own way of life if it was in Islam they would have killed me long long ago

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Topmaike007(m): 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
frankyychiji:
Has Sharia strident laws stopped banditry, mindless killings, drug abuse, rape, illitracy and poverty in the north?

Abeg Gerrarahia!
ganduje stole right before there eye yet there sharia commot eye

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by osazuwa23: 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2020
south and north nigeria will make sense. A southern nigerian nigeria will have a strong army
frankmoney:
Divide this country now ..... It's the only solution
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Aboki99(m): 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
Read, read and read. And by reading I don't mean reading Nairaland. Read books.

Commonsense99:

If he was that peaceful, how did he manage to pass on this doctrine of violence to you folks? Or ain't you following his footsteps?

Emacipate yourself from mental slavery dude, stop feeling inferior.
Why not try to reverse the scenario, preach your ancestors peganism to those Arabians in middle lets see how they will accept it and perhaps get ready to kill themselves because of a fvcking Africans religion? .. grin
sayings that isreal did not exist until 1948 means you know nothing about history.. Religious Sentiments have beclouded your judgement.. Don't quote me again, Am Outta here.
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by chinchonglee(m): 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
Kubernetes:

[s]Usually I don't engage self defeatists that starts any argument with insults.
Say facts and don't insult.

Again my problem with some people is that, they seem to think the whole world is social a media and that everyone in it is their social equivalent.

I wish you know.

The world maybe virtual now, but the rules that govern it are still as legacy as ever.

So you are not worth someone I should engage on this.

Sorry[/s]
Rubbish... U shuld quit that religion.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Kez11: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Empiree:
why do you wanna violate the law in the first place?

Am not giving credence to law violators but try to understand the dynamic human nature.

Definitely, some people must break the law. You can't tell me you have never been on the wrong side of the law all your life either in secret or in the glare. No place in the world (both developed and developing) will you not find law violators.

But when a law ceases to serve its purpose, it is either
amended or changed. In some instances, a new law is
enacted to keep up with the call of the times. On the other
hand, the law is only a shadow (or an antecedent) of good
things to come, not the realities themselves.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by ensamy(m): 5:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
See the stunt. The guy don blow be that. Song sweet or not.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by soyaq11: 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
Commonsense99:

If he was that peaceful, how did he manage to pass on this doctrine of violence to you folks? Or ain't you following his footsteps?

Why not try to reverse the scenario, preach your ancestors peganism to those Arabians in middle lets see how they will accept it and perhaps get ready to kill themselves because of a fvcking Africans religion? .. grin
sayings that isreal did not exist until 1948 means you know nothing about history.. Religious Sentiments have beclouded your judgement.. Don't quote me again, Am Outta here.
Commonsense99:

Commonsense99:

where do paganism originated from
in case u don't know ask your forefather
may be u need to pick a book about the history of africa.
When World War I ended in 1918 with an Allied victory, the 400-year Ottoman Empire rule ended, and Great Britain took control over what became known as Palestine (modern-day Israel, Palestine and Jordan).
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Btruth: 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2020
Empiree:
this is normal in every country. Did you not hear many cases even in western world where accused is denied attorney sometimes?. Please let's stop adding sentiment to legal issue. It is not helpful.

seems you are more interested in him been hanged. Well, God no go agree.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Empiree: 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2020
Kez11:
Am not giving credence to law violators but try to understand the dynamic human nature.

Definitely, some people must break the law. You can't tell me you have never been on the wrong side of the law all your life either in secret or in the glare. No place in the world (both developed and developing) will you not find law violators.

But when a law ceases to serve its purpose, it is either
amended or changed. In some instances, a new law is
enacted to keep up with the call of the times. On the other
hand, the law is only a shadow (or an antecedent) of good
things to come, not the realities themselves.
It would be a good idea if you could tell this to Germany. I will keep saying this. Germany believes it is sacred to preserve Jewish historic persecution in the 40s which was the reason they enacted Holocaust law. That, Holocaust denial shall be penalized. The law is still there. It used to be applied severally until people received sense not to deny Holocaust.

Also it would be good idea if you could tell this to the state of Florida in the USA where they have Stand Your Ground Law. This law simply puts law in people's hands. It is tantamount to jungle justice. The best way to avoid this Florida law is to never argue with people.

Now most likely the reason you don't hear people get punished for Holocaust law anymore is because people no longer commit the crime but the law stands. They only reduced the sentence but they did not scrap the law. This Holocaust denial law, based on what you said about kano blasphemy law, carries similar traits. They are both meant to serve a purpose and interest.

Question is, is Holocaust law not in conflict with freedom of speech?.

Why should someone go to Germany and deliberately violate their Holocaust law?. Do you think you would not face the consequences?. Although there are people now trying to repeal the law that it is no longer in harmony with modern democracy but Jewish Israel fought for and still fighting for the law to stand. Six or more european countries have blasphemy law and Israel too. This is agenda to portray Israel and Jewish people as victims of everyone so that will pity them till eternal.

So with time when Nigerians begin to receive sense they would not violate blasphemy law and you may never hear about blasphemy law anytime in a much no one violates it. It is this simple bro.

As for violation in public or private, it is not a violation unless and until it becomes public and you get caught. Therefore my record is clean which means I never violated any law publicly and privately.

Law is not looking into your private life except where law permits your surveillance and you get caught. So this defendant in Kano committed his crime in public and got caught. You understand?.

What you don't seem to understand is that most of these guys on NL that oppose blasphemy law are prone to lawlessness. They are used to giving "egunje" knowing they commit crimes. A nation doesn't move forward without law and order. Let's respect the law. With time it may change.

These western countries you see today had blasphemy law when they were godly.
Nigeria is still a godly nation with bunch of evil mindsets compared to western world now.

Also what you don't understand is that you can easily get in trouble with law in western world too even though it not blasphemy. You can get in trouble for simple things you take for granted in Nigeria. Let me give you few examples.

In Nigeria you can simply go to a corner or someone else property, highways or bush to defecate or pee without getting in trouble even if you do this in police presence but you can not do this in most western world. You would be sent to criminal court if caught.

Also you can not drink beer in public. I'm not talking about drunk driving. I mean like party or just walking down the street. You can not hold beer bottle in public. You can not do"ram fighting". You would be issued criminal summonses for these crimes. But in Nigeria these are normal things you do without consequences. So what I am trying to tell you is that each country to their own.

"Crime" that you commit in private as long as it is not murder or rape or other serious crimes that will definitely come to light, is not a crime unless and until you are caught by the authority.

Respect The Law.
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Empiree: 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
Btruth:
seems you are more interested in him been hanged. Well, God no go agree.
smiley
you don't have sense. Did you follow my comments at all?.
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Btruth: 6:34pm On Sep 03, 2020
Empiree:
you don't have sense. Did you follow my comments at all?.
you lack manners. Ode!

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Mordecai(m): 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
kadiri3:
mumu no freedom of speech on religion go to israel and blast Jews whether the no go beat u to death

They won't. People have been blasting them, even on their own TV.
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by branhampaul: 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Very good step.
The Nigerian Court should use this opportunity to declare such law as barbaric in its' entirety.

It is an insult to my senses.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Empiree: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
Btruth:
you lack manners. Ode!
I can see you have too grin
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Swagaliciousguy(m): 7:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
Why not denounce Islam totally and have his freedom and peace of mind? This is 2020 for God's sake, peeps should stop allowing themselves to be emotionally blackmailed by some 12th century backward religion.
If that their Prophet was alive today , he still would have been a racist against Nigerians.. And here some are prepared to kill for his sake.

Bloody atheist. FYI, wat is claimed to be civilization today, islam has gone beyond it more than 1500years ago
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by ProfAmaben(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
Northern Nigeria is the most backward region in Africa. How did we get entangled with these set of demons?

Islam is the worst religion on Earth. They celebrate Rapists and pedophiles but kill those that insult the pedophile and murder named prophet Muhammad ibn whatever. Spits!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by frankyychiji(f): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
Kubernetes:

In Nigeria,it's not fully practiced because of our multi tribal and religious structure in a secular state where the constitution supercedes at the center crippled with corrupt and merciless leaders.

But,yes in places where it's fully practiced like Saudi Arabia.All the vices u mentioned has been eradicated.

Now will u fxk up my view? Because I ain't ready to engage someone with a small mind like you but for social media
Already declaring fatwa? You lots and short fuses!

Mumuric set!

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
Kubernetes:

sharia penal code was enacted in the year 2000 by the Kano state gvt.
It's state clearly that the offence for blasphemy.Yet the foolish musician went ahead to do what he did.The society cannot reform except with some stringent laws and that's why you hardly hear of any of such offences in the last 20 years.
Let our constitution put a death sentence for corrupt people and see if there will ever be so many corrupt cases the way we are having it now.
Moreover,I don't know why non muslims are interfering in other people's religion.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
Empiree:
It would be a good idea if you could tell this to Germany. I will keep saying this. Germany believes it is sacred to preserve Jewish historic persecution in the 40s which was the reason they enacted Holocaust law. That, Holocaust denial shall be penalized. The law is still there. It used to be applied severally until people received sense not to deny Holocaust.

Also it would be good idea if you could tell this to the state of Florida in the USA where they have Stand Your Ground Law. This law simply puts law in people's hands. It is tantamount to jungle justice. The best way to avoid this Florida law is to never argue with people.

Now most likely the reason you don't hear people get punished for Holocaust law anymore is because people no longer commit the crime but the law stands. They only reduced the sentence but they did not scrap the law. This Holocaust denial law, based on what you said about kano blasphemy law, carries similar traits. They are both meant to serve a purpose and interest.

Why should someone go to Germany and deliberately violate their Holocaust law?. Do you think you would not face the consequences?. Although there are people now trying to repeal the law that it is no longer in harmony with modern democracy but Jewish Israel fought for and still fighting for the law to stand. Six or more european countries have blasphemy law and Israel too. This is agenda to portray Israel and Jewish people as victims of everyone so that will pity them till eternal.

So with time when Nigerians begin to receive sense they would not violate blasphemy law and you may never hear about blasphemy law anytime in a much no one violates it. It is this simple bro.

As for violation in public or private, it is not a violation unless and until it becomes public and you get caught. Therefore my record is clean which means I never violated any law publicly and privately.

Law is not looking into your private life except where law permits your surveillance and you get caught. So this defendant in Kano committed his crime in public and got caught. You understand?.

What you don't seem to understand is that most of these guys on NL that oppose blasphemy law are prone to lawlessness. They are used to giving "egunje" knowing they commit crimes. A nation doesn't move forward without law and order. Let's respect the law. With time it may change.

Nigeria is still a godly nation with bunch of evil mindsets compared to western world now.

Also what you don't understand is that you can easily get in trouble with law in western world too even though it not blasphemy. You can get in trouble for simple things you take for granted in Nigeria. Let me give you few examples.

In Nigeria you can simply go to a corner or someone else property, highways or bush to defecate or pee without getting in trouble even if you do this in police presence but you can not do this in most western world. You would be sent to criminal court if caught.

Also you can not drink beer in public. I'm not talking about drunk driving. I mean like party or just walking down the street. You can not hold beer bottle in public. You can not do"ram fighting". You would be issued criminal summonses for these crimes. But in Nigeria these are normal things you do without consequences. So what I am trying to tell you is that each country to their own.

"Crime" that you commit in private as long as it is not murder or rape or other serious crimes that will definitely come to light, is not a crime unless and until you are caught by the authority.

Respect The Law.

No one is saying don’t respect law
As a matter of fact there should be law and order

What we are saying is death sentence for law such as blasphemy is too or very overboard and inhumane, very devilish. Not in this age Biko

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Farki: 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
Good the religious fanatics haven't killed him yet, he should just apply for asylum somewhere else to escape this bunch of crazy people as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Farki: 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Empiree:

Respect The Law.

Nobody is killed for holocaust denial you donkey don't even try to compare the two.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Farki: 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2020
LadyExcellency:

Denouncing Islam also attracts death sentence.

I'm starting to suspect Islam might not really be peaceful after all.
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by toye440: 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2020
ebenhazard:
Thank God glory be to God
Clearly you dont know this ppl, well let me tell u the truth, the young man can only be discharged and acquited in either the US or Europe. As long as the judges are muslims he must die.
You clearly dont know how blood tasty they are.
Re: Yahaya Sharif-Aminu Appeals Death Sentence Judgment For Blasphemy by Paul8344(m): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
We are doomed...
Can't we trace our history before the coming of the white men...

The north too carry religious matter for head,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thieves Stealing Upstairs Wiring In Imo Caught And Disgraced By Mob(photos) / Mother Of A Set Of Triplet Murdered In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / Witches Pushed Me To defile Nine-year-old Girl, Says Father Of Three (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.