Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Movie Conundrums. - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Conundrums. (12084 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
Reprehensible? Did I hear reprehensible? I heard reprehensible
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
vescucci:

Reprehensible? Did I hear reprehensible? I heard reprehensible

@vescucci
Take it easy o!! shocked grin
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 11:49pm On Mar 18, 2011
Do you know what I did just now? I clicked your siggy. Jaysus! I clicked your siggy. Boy, did I click your siggy.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 12:24am On Mar 19, 2011
Forgot to respond to your questions, Sisi. Yes, that homeless dude was just crazy talking crazy talk. Unfortunately it fit into the misconception that the 12 monkeys were responsible for the mutated virus. Cole swallowed all that balderdash up cuz he was in a state of balderdash gobbling. He even removed his tooth later cuz of the bum's balderdash. Also the homeless dude was calling Cole Bob in continuation of his rhetorics "no siree bob".

katherine didn't really remember Cole. It was of those queer feelings or romantic bull like Savage garden saying he loved you before he met you.

I checked that scene where Katherine was caressing Cole's head and you're totally right! Man hands. Construction worker man hands. I half expected fangs to grow out and rip open Cole's carotid.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by Vieira(m): 12:53am On Mar 19, 2011
I clicked the sig as well! Now i have to wash my brain
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 1:14am On Mar 19, 2011
I clicked the siggy too and let's just say. . . now I know why curiosity killed the cat. sad
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 1:18am On Mar 19, 2011
vescucci:

Forgot to respond to your questions, Sisi. Yes, that homeless dude was just crazy talking crazy talk. Unfortunately it fit into the misconception that the 12 monkeys were responsible for the mutated virus. Cole swallowed all that balderdash up cuz he was in a state of balderdash gobbling. He even removed his tooth later cuz of the bum's balderdash. Also the homeless dude was calling Cole Bob in continuation of his rhetorics "no siree bob".

katherine didn't really remember Cole. It was of those queer feelings or romantic bull like Savage garden saying he loved you before he met you.

I checked that scene where Katherine was caressing Cole's head and you're totally right! Man hands. Construction worker man hands. I half expected fangs to grow out and rip open Cole's carotid.
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy

Thanks V.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2011
vescucci:

Do you know what I did just now? I clicked your siggy. Jaysus! I clicked your siggy. Boy, did I click your siggy.

Vieira:

I clicked the sig as well! Now i have to wash my brain

Sisi_Kill:

I clicked the siggy too and let's just say. . . now I know why curiosity killed the cat.  sad

@vescucci, Vieira and Sisi_Kill
cheesy  grin  grin  grin  grin

Even 2Pac loves me
and peoples loves him
and everyones loves him
and that is why I always loves peoples.
- Vic - O  cheesy
Re: Movie Conundrums. by justkunmi(m): 12:07am On Mar 20, 2011
Rotflmao!!!! Bwahahahaha. Oh my dayzzz!
Vesc. . you know why.
Lol.

I'm in love with this thread. . .and with everyone in it. 12 monkeys tried to do my head in. But y'all did well with the analysis.

Brad Pitt made a mad mad man.
You guys seen Burn After Reading? Brad Pitt was crazy in this too.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 12:19am On Mar 20, 2011
@justkunmi
I haven't seen BURN AFTER READING.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 12:51am On Mar 20, 2011
@justkunmi, vescucci and Sisi_Kill

A movie critic described THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU as Inception for Dummies. cheesy
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
obinna5000:

@vescucci, Vieira and Sisi_Kill
cheesy  grin  grin  grin  grin

Even 2Pac loves me
and peoples loves him
and everyones loves him
and that is why I always loves peoples.
- Vic - O  cheesy

LMFAO!!!!  cheesy cheesy

justkunmi:

Rotflmao!!!! Bwahahahaha. Oh my dayzzz!
Vesc. . you know why.
Lol.

I'm in love with this thread. . .and with everyone in it.  12 monkeys tried to do my head in. But y'all did well with the analysis.

Brad Pitt made a mad mad man.
You guys seen Burn After Reading? Brad Pitt was crazy in this too.
Aaah! Not fair. . . I wanna know why too

Haven't seen BAR yet, guess it's gonna be my Sunday movie.

obinna5000:

@justkunmi, vescucci and Sisi_Kill

A movie critic described THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU as Inception for Dummies. cheesy

Lmao!! Ouch!!

My poor Matty. . . he's so much better at piecing the past together than fighting the future. grin
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 4:57am On Mar 21, 2011
Just finished BAR and for my long analysis I'm gonna borrow the dialogue between the CIA agents in the last scene

Snr Agent - What did we learn Palmer?
Palmer - I don't know sir
Snr Agent - I don't Fccucking know either. I guess we learn not to do it again
Palmer -  Yes sir
Snr Agent - Fccuk if I know what we did
Palmer -  Yeah, It's hard to say sir
Snr Agent -  Jesus Fccuking Christ.

My short analysis. .

Jesus what a CLUSTERFCCUK

Conclusion -  If you are confused after BAR. . . don't worry, you are in good company. cheesy cheesy

Brad Pitt is HILARIOUS and his last scene has got to be the funniest in the movie. It was so beautiful in its unexpectedness (OK I know that totally makes no sense but I'm sure you guys get my drift grin )

Anyone seen FARGO?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by justkunmi(m): 9:17am On Mar 21, 2011
@sisi . .
Lmao! Im so glad to be in good company. .
. .and I'm so in love with you right now for posting that last scene's dialogue. LMAO. .
That last scene told us one thing and one thing only. . "You must be a joker if you understand this movie. . cos even we the actors don't understand jack"! LOL. grin grin

And Brad Pitt?. . Oh my! That dude has a dark hilarious side to him. .
I loved John Malkovich. .that guy knows how to do alot of nothing and make it interesting. .

But the biggest question is. . .What the heck was the movie all about?? cheesy

Not seen Fargo. .would check it out.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2011
@justkunmi and Sisi_Kill
So, what is difficult to understand in BURN AFTER READING?

I'm putting SOURCE CODE and THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU in the list of potential discombobulating films. Lets wait and see.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2011
Burn After Reading was top notch black comedy. Brad Pitt's demise has got to be one of the most hilarious I've ever seen. John Malkovich spent the whole film with his left mind crowded like Sisi. George Clooney should just lose the 'C' in his last name and make it official. The film wasn't confusing, Obinna. It was just a disco copulating abi what's that word you like?

I've not seen Fargo. It's another Coen stint, innit? The one that shot them to fame I believe. I may have seen it but maybe I was too little to remember.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by Vieira(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
Burn after Reading was not confusing at all, it was just funny how a series of coincidental events led to anarchy.

It was also a diss of the CIA, showing them as reacting to events with no clue!

I loved that quoted scene as well.

Fargo is very funny and was the film that made Frances Dermonts name
Re: Movie Conundrums. by justkunmi(m): 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2011
dayuummm!! grin
Re: Movie Conundrums. by seunallday: 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
Fargo is nice and extremely well written but its no conundrum
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
Vieira:

Burn after Reading was not confusing at all, it was just funny how a series of coincidental events led to anarchy.

It was also a diss of the CIA, showing them as reacting to events with no clue!

I loved that quoted scene as well.

Fargo is very funny and was the film that made Frances Dermonts name

Totally!! Lmao!! cheesy

seunallday:

Fargo is nice and extremely well written but its no conundrum
Yeah no conundrum. . . watching BAR reminded me of it. The dark humor factor I guess.

vescucci:

Burn After Reading was top notch black comedy. Brad Pitt's demise has got to be one of the most hilarious I've ever seen. John Malkovich spent the whole film with his left mind crowded like Sisi. George Clooney should just lose the 'C' in his last name and make it official. The film wasn't confusing, Obinna. It was just a disco copulating abi what's that word you like?

I've not seen Fargo. It's another Coen stint, innit? The one that shot them to fame I believe. I may have seen it but maybe I was too little to remember.

Exactly. It wasn't confusing in the Momento/Inception kinda way, just. . .errr. . . ehmm. . . what you said.

@ JK
Speaking of John Malkovich. . . Have you seen BEING JOHN MALKOVICH?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by justkunmi(m): 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2011
@Sisi
Nah. I havent seen it. But is it disco-what he said?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by seunallday: 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2011
what about the Manchurian candidate?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
justkunmi:

@Sisi
Nah. I havent seen it. But is it disco-what he said? 

Lmao! Yeah it is. . . what he said. You gotta check it out.

seunallday:

what about the Manchurian candidate?
Haven't seen that yet. Adding it to my lineup.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2011
@vescucci and Sisi_Kill
discombobulate is the same thing as saying confuse.
Its been long since I saw THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (2004). But from what I remember, it doesn't fall under the conundrum category.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2011
The Manchurian Candidate. Awesome film. It wasn't confusing to me but the aim of the thread is to explain movies to those that are confused and I can certainl understand how this film can do that. When we run out of disc commando lating movies we'll just start discussing them.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2011
@vescucci, justkunmi, Vieira and Sisi_Kill
Come on!! There's a lot of discombobulating (confusing)  grin films we still haven't talked about or seen.

- Vanilla Sky (2001)
- Blade Runner (1982)
- Donnie Darko (2001) I think Sisi_Kill talked about this earlier or so  undecided
- Eraserhead (1977)  shocked
- Primer (2004)  tongue
- Mulholland Drive (2001) Its been long since I saw this as well. But this was the film that brought Naomi Watts to the limelight.
- Revolver (2005)
Re: Movie Conundrums. by seunallday: 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2011
Mulholland drive has been on top of mu must-watch list for a year now. Along with taxi driver and citizen kane. Do u guys know that vanilla sky is actually a remake of a spanish sci-fi movie, and it was all revealed at the end.

I wonder why Matrix hasn't popped up yet, y'all fronting yeah? God knows how many times I so dat movie before I figured it out.

Personally I prefer a good old twist ending a la nicholas cage 's matchstick men.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2011
Nic Cage, ewww.

Vanilla Sky was an inferior remake of Open Your Eyes, the Spanish original. I saw that one and was blown away. Penelope was in both films, funny.

Mulholland Drive has never even been in my radar. I hear of the title but it's only now that it seems to be a film one ought to see. True, Seun, we ought to talk about the Matrix. And maybe I, Robot too. Ex-Inferis and Mad_Max really killed it on my old thread. I might dig it up and post their plenty talk on here and it'll be a wrap before we even start.

Obinna, I've only seen Vanilla Sky and Donie Darko (which I can't remember any of) on your list. I'm really curious about this Primer though
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2011
@vescucci
The Matrix trilogy can be placed in the conundrum category in a way. But I still don't like The Matrix Revolutions.
Have you seen THE ANIMATRIX?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2011
Oh man! Do I gotta watch Vanilla sky? I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise.  sad

I'm gonna stay out of the Matrix discourse. They lost me after the first one. I saw that one and half of the second. . . not sure I wanna seat through Keanu Reeves' phoned in acting.

I seconded your ewwww for Nic Cage, Vesc. If Keenu Reeves' acting is phoned in, NC's is faxed in.

@ Topic
Alright, here's my list of desconb. . .diskcon. . . errr . . . confusing movies

1) Reservior Dogs
2) Being John Malkovich
3) I heart the Huckabees
4) Big Fish
5) Eternal Sunshine of a spotless mind.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

@ Topic
Alright, here's my list of desconb. . .diskcon. . . errr . . . confusing movies

1) Reservior Dogs
2) Being John Malkovich
3) I heart the Huckabees
4) Big Fish
5) Eternal Sunshine of a spotless mind.

@Sisi_Kill
- Reservoir Dogs Nothing hard to understand here
- Being John Malkovich I haven't seen it
- I heart Huckabees I haven't seen it
- Big Fish simple
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (I haven't seen it)
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2011
Where do you find those smileys, Sisi? I need one for your 'faxed in' comment. If you want to redeem Keanu, check out Street Kings. Nic Cage produces the films he's in nowadays. Otherwise, he won't get roles. You should finish The Matrix, just for the hell of it. I think I remember Big Fish and ESotSM. Most of these confusing films have something to do with the mind.

Tom Cruise makes someone called Arshavin happy. Don't expect you to follow. I like him though. My Oga, Spielberg does too.
Speaking of which A. I. is a good candidate.

Obinna. You should never do an MRI because of the magnetic parts. Yeah, I've seen Animatrix thanks to iice. I bought a copy from Nu Metro. I liked some stories and was lukewarm about some but it kinda explained some things. We could talk about it too. It's certainly better than Matrix Revolutions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures From The African Magic Viewers Choice Awards Event.. / Uche Jombo Features In 'Kondo Game' Policeman’s As Policeman's Wife / 'My Wife And Kids' TV Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.