Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Movie Conundrums. - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Conundrums. (12086 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Conundrums. by Vieira(m): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2011
Sisi kill you seem a bit too familiar with the stalking handbook o!
See the way you just recited the list, I go die o.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
@Sisi_Kill
I taya for Guy Ritchie films.  grin
But "Snatch", "Sherlock Holmes" and "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" were quite good.  wink
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
The greatest con he ever pulled was convincing you he is you
The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent
The greatest enemy to have ever existed is an eternal one
The Greatest enemy will hide in the last place you’ll ever look

The emphasis placed on these quotes throughout the movie pretty much explained it. THE EGO. . . that little voice inside our heads,  is the enemy here and until we overcome it, we can never be free. 

I don’t think Avi and Zach are real, I think they are in his head. . . 7 years in solitary confinement? He’s the perfect candidate for that kinda psychosis.  They represent the good part of him and they help him fight his EGO. 

It’s no mystery what the EGO wanted. . . Revenge on MACHA. For what? We don’t know and I think this was done on purpose because at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what the other person has done to us. . . REVENGE is never an option. It’s our EGO which makes us think we need to hurt the person who hurt us. 

By groveling at his Enemy’s bedside instead of shooting him. . .Green overcomes his ego, this singular act also takes away his fears and he gets the ultimate revenge on MACHA (remember in the beginning they said Macha (more to the point. . .his ego) wants to be feared and respected.

When Green shows no fear in the face of Macha’s loaded gun. . . He wins and Macha is confronted with the realization that his perception of himself is false. . .hence the crying like a day old baby without pacifier.

Anyhoo, that is my own understanding of the movie and I’m happy to leave it at that.

Favorite scene – The attempted assassination of Macha in the restaurant. I thought it was just BEAUTIFULLY done. The juxtaposition of chaos (above the table) and calmness (under the table) was just  magnifique kiss kiss and. . . and. . .errr. . .  would it be sick of me to say I think I’m in love with Sorter, the killer? grin

Oh one more thing. . .Did anyone else find Macha’s dialogues a wee bit contrived? Matter of fact, his entire acting 'cept for the last scene was just unnatural jare.

Obinna I tried oh, I swear I did but I can't help it. . .as soon as my fingers hit the keyboard, I can't stop 'em. cry
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
justkunmi:

LMAO!!! grin grin grin

Meaning it wasnt disco. .you know what. .
I refused to let it oh! As soon as the color color, shiny shiny disco lights of confusion started coming on in my head. . . like who the hell is Sorta and what's his motive? Who is Mr. Gold? What's with the cartoon scenes? How did Avi and Zach escape? Why is that girl just sitting there unclothed with only a bottle to cover her abunna,  etc etc, I just quickly shut it off. Was so not ready to have my brain cracked. Simple! grin

Vieira:

Sisi kill you seem a bit too familiar with the stalking handbook o!
See the way you just recited the list, I go die o.

obinna5000:

@Sisi_Kill
I taya for Guy Ritchie films.  grin
But "Snatch", "Sherlock Holmes" and "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" were quite good.  wink
Very good!

I think knowing it was a Guy Ritchie film, I prepared myself for a non-linear, jagalajagala movie  cheesy

MOVIE TRIVIA

What movie did this line come from - The Greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
I've not seen Revolver o! Sisi, help me out with one of those wailing on the floor smileys, er, waileys. With your take, it seems I am missing. I too woulda made a poster of Vieira but I'll start losing friends one by one, including Vieira himself.

Ah, that is The Usual Suspects. I'm sure the saying is from somewhere before but I can't remember but since you said film. . . . .
Though, you do realise that only God knows more than google.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 12:35am On Mar 26, 2011
@Sisi_Kill
That quote is from THE USUAL SUSPECTS. wink

So, what's the next discombobulating movie to talk about? cheesy
Re: Movie Conundrums. by eldee(m): 1:18am On Mar 26, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

MOVIE TRIVIA

What movie did this line come from - The Greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.

The Devil's Advocate. . .
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 1:34am On Mar 26, 2011
Your smiley. . . my liege.

Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 1:38am On Mar 26, 2011
Nah Eldee, It's THE USUAL SUSPECT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGo6Qm0Wt8

I love this movie! If you haven't seen it. . . please do!
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 11:53am On Mar 26, 2011
@Sisi_Kill
THE USUAL SUSPECTS is a classic. cool Period. cool
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Obinna5000 you are correct
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 10:38pm On Mar 26, 2011
Aiight, what's next?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by seunallday: 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2011
@sisi eko, do u go back to watch those movies, the only thing I remember abt the movie is that it had andre 3000 in it and dere was a scene that morphed into animation.

We haven't spoken about imaginarium of dr parnassius.

Dat quote was easy jo. If you haven't seen the usual suspects ur on a serious long thing.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2011
Lmao @ Sisi Eko cheesy cheesy

Yeah I watch the movies again. . . thank God for Netflix.

Haven't seen Imaginawhachumacallit yet, I'll check it out sometime this week. . . or is it next week?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 12:30am On Mar 27, 2011
@Sisi_Kill
NETFLIX is cool from what I've been hearing through friends. Some blu-ray players have Netflix whenever its connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or LAN.
Do I need to pay to register?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2011
obinna5000:

@Sisi_Kill
NETFLIX is cool from what I've been hearing through friends. Some blu-ray players have Netflix whenever its connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or LAN.
Do I need to pay to register?
It's so convenient. . . you can watch all the movies you want, anywhere you want. Right now they have a special going, you get the first month free and 7.99 after that. The beauty of it is you can cancel anytime.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by justkunmi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 28, 2011
Anyone seen A Clockwork Orange?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2011
justkunmi:

Anyone seen A Clockwork Orange?

@justkunmi
I've seen it. shocked Very weird film. shocked Stanley Kubrick at his best (in making weird films that is. cool ).

Unlike "2001: A Space Odyssey", "A Clockwork Orange" took a much darker tone.

Justkunmi, do you think that so called method used in "curing" the gang leader Alex (Malcolm McDowell) worked at the end? cheesy
Re: Movie Conundrums. by justkunmi(m): 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
Im not sure about anything in the movie. .I was just impressed by the sheer genius of the writing and staging of the whole plot. Twas lovely.

The Ludovico technique, if thats what you were refering to, isnt really a cure. Twas just a technique to let Alex see the reality and gravity of his violence. Throughout the movie, he didnt seem to realise the reality of his own violence on people. He sees violence as just a game. When he watches a movie, he understands life. .hence, you need to turn real life into art before he can understand. (Thats the twisted logic I love bout the movie).

So the irony is that Life must be turned into art before Alex can understand it. .I think thats what the technique was all about. .
But im not sure if it worked.

Good movie huh.?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2011
@justkunmi
Stanley Kubrick will always be remembered for being a perfectionist when filming surrealistic movies.

Other classic Kubrick films are "Dr. Strangelove" (another weird film), "2001: A Space Odyssey", undecided Barry Lyndon, Full Metal Jacket, shocked and "Eyes Wide Shut" shocked .

But that Ludovico technique is completely messed up. At a point towards the end, I was feeling sorry for Alex.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by justkunmi(m): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2011
U felt sorry for him? cheesy The dude isnt even sorry for himself. He didnt even feel any form of remorse for all he did. .
Neways nice movie sha. .
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2011
justkunmi:

U felt sorry for him? cheesy The dude isnt even sorry for himself. He didnt even feel any form of remorse for all he did. .
Neways nice movie sha. .

@justkunmi
Yes o!! cheesy I was feeling sorry for the mumu criminal. grin But at the end, Alex didn't regret anything.

Stanley Kubrick will be missed greatly. cry At least he's better than that mumu David Lynch. angry
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 9:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
I've got Clockwork Orange and Imagithatmovie in my queue. . . will get to them later this week.

Gosh! I hope I don't get burdened with an overabundance of movies. . .LOL cheesy

So I saw Johnny Mnemonic last night. . .  aiight what the hell was that?!! 

I can not. . . NOT believe directors gave Keanu Reeves roles after that piece of shite.

Anyhoo, has anyone seen THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by vescucci(m): 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
The Science of Sleep sounds like something I'd like.

A Clockwork Orange I hear is a better read. Given that the movie is well made, the book must be something. I found some scenes a bit disturbing. Kubrick was a master. The masters are dying. I would've loved to see his vision for A.I. One can't be sure how faithful Steven Spielberg was to his vision.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by justkunmi(m): 12:06am On Mar 29, 2011
The science of sleep sounds nice. I'm on it.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 9:08am On Mar 29, 2011
@Sisi_Kill
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE is disturbing and surreal but I know you can handle it well. wink

Sisi_Kill, the movies on Netflix, are they available on HD (720p or 1080p) format as well?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by Vieira(m): 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2011
Cloclwork Orange is a sick movie from a sick mind jare.
It made me scared of being in london!

Johnny Mnemonic is one of the worst films ever made, absolute tosh.
Re: Movie Conundrums. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Vieira:

Re: Movie Conundrums. by obinna5000(m): 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
Vieira:

grin  grin  grin grin

Vieira:

GBAM!!!  cheesy
Re: Movie Conundrums. by seunallday: 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
Chei, so I be local champlion sha.

The only stanley kubrick movie I av seen is eyes wide shut and I didn't really get it, need to go see it again.

My list keeps growin everyday. Can't wait to get a break from work
Re: Movie Conundrums. by seunallday: 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2011
Hey who has seen "antichrist"?
Re: Movie Conundrums. by SisiKill1: 9:13pm On Mar 29, 2011
obinna5000:

@Sisi_Kill
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE is disturbing and surreal but I know you can handle it well. wink

Sisi_Kill, the movies on Netflix, are they available on HD (720p or 1080p) format as well?
Some movies are available in HD. . .1080p.

seunallday:

Hey who has seen "antichrist"?
Funny, my brother was just telling me about this movie last night. Guess that's also joining the queue.

Say anyone know of any job where they pay you for watching movies coz with the rate at which I'm going. . .

Hey you can't blame a girl for trying. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures From The African Magic Viewers Choice Awards Event.. / Uche Jombo Features In 'Kondo Game' Policeman’s As Policeman's Wife / 'My Wife And Kids' TV Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.