Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

"Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board (30691 Views)

Ten Crazy Purchases Messi Could Make With His Barcelona Wages / Barcelona Board Members Want Messi To Leave After Koeman Meeting / Marca Claims Messi Could Be Facing A Losing Battle Against Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ghettokid1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner has expressed a desire to leave Camp Nou, but discussions have been held with the Blaugrana board.

Lionel Messi’s father and agent, Jorge, has hinted at a compromise being reached at Barcelona which allows his son to remain at Camp Nou until the summer of 2021.

The Argentine forward’s representatives arrived in Catalunya on Wednesday for showdown talks with the Blaugrana board. Jorge Messi told reporters upon touching down that he did not “know anything” when it comes to his son’s future. He was, however, to discuss the matter with under-fire Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu amid mounting speculation suggesting that a stunning separation could be on the cards.

Barca's dismissal of Suarez shows Messi is not their only problem. Messi has spent his entire senior career to date on the books of the La Liga heavyweights. Countless records have been broken by the South American over the course of his remarkable career.

The 33-year-old is, however, approaching the end of his playing days and is aware of the need to make the most of the time he has left. With Barca starting to falter at home and abroad, he has opened the door to a possible exit.

Messi dropped a bombshell on Barca when stating his intention to push for a move elsewhere, having grown disillusioned with life on and off the field at Camp Nou. It was initially suggested that he could walk away for nothing, with an exit clause inserted into his lucrative contract that could be triggered at the end of any given season.

No free transfer will be made, though, as it has been ruled that his €700 million (£630m/$825m) release clause remains in place.

Interested parties are still sniffing around, with big-spending outfits such as Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain ready to make a moveif an all-time great is made available.
That is not the case at present, and it may be that Messi never hits the market.

His father has told Mediasetthat talks with Barcelona went “well”, with there still a chance that an agreement can be reached which allows everyone to remain in their current surroundings.
Quizzed on whether a six-time Ballon d’Or winner could remain with the Blaugrana until the end of his current contract in 2021, Jorge Messi replied with “yes”.

Barca will be hoping that an unwelcome transfer can be avoided at this stage, giving them time to work on convincing their captain that he should prolong his association with them – rather than take on a new challenge elsewhere.

Ronald Koeman has expressed a desire to keep a world-class performer on his books, having inherited an ageing squad from Quique Setien, and it may be that the Dutchman gets his wish when this stunning saga is brought to a close with the status quo in Barcelona maintained.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/messi-father-agent-stay-barcelona-talks-went-well/zztywcqmlpoa1ungl8egizosk

3 Shares

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by Supercaddy: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2020
Madoo... Messi just acting as a kid since he joined Barcelona. NA ur papa go dey decide for you everytime

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ghettokid1(m): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2020
BEST NEWS OF THE YEAR!!!
Happy to hear that..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ObaKlaz: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
He has been bullied to submission with the 700mili clause.

29 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ObaKlaz: 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
Supercaddy:
[s]Madoo... Messi just acting as a kid since he joined Barcelona. NA ur papa go dey decide for you everytime [/s]
Ignoramus!

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ojaysam25(m): 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
I knew the fraud is not leaving....

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by emmabest2000(m): 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojaysam25:

I said it earlier grin
Messi is simple scare and not really ready for new challenge cheesy

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by fergie001: 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
It isn't a surprise to some of us......The likes of Bartomeu, Laporta & co. stood their grounds that Barca comes first.

So, that means Barca won't buy Lingard again.....na waoh.

28 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by DaddyRochie1642: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
To Slap Messi's Father dey hungry me

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ghettokid1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2020
Supercaddy:
[s]Madoo... Messi just acting as a kid since he joined Barcelona. NA ur papa go dey decide for you everytime[/s]

40 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ghettokid1(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojaysam25:

36 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ghettokid1(m): 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
To Slap Messi's Father dey hungry me
to slap you dey hungry me too

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
not happy with the news because his staying changes nothing in this barca mediocre squad, wish things can change before the deadline because i would like to see a happy messi in city and let barca rebuild and start life with koeman new project without messi now dts its early because he would still leave for free after the season..
what's the need in keeping a player dt is not happy with the club when the board promised to make him happy..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ghettokid1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
Paulolee come an see better news o

5 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
fergie001:
It isn't a surprise to some of us......The likes of Bartomeu, Laporta & co. stood their grounds that Barca comes first.

So, that means Barca won't buy Lingard again.....na waoh.
even if dts the last option in the market and barca dnt av any player in la masia to field, its better barca plead with uefa to give our azezat oshola clearance to play for barca men team than lingard and if uefa refuses, barca would play all thier games with a man down because its better than watching dt scrap running around in my team

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojaysam25:
he wants to leave, bt too bad he is stuck with dt huge fee, he cnt sign any renewal dt barca board is asking for, its jus to play d last season, maybe to give the club and the fans a proper farwell and walk for free next year so both sides would be happy than the board and media making it seems asif he is angry and running away after dt bayern demolition..

7 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by internationalman(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
Barca are ready to pay Messi,pay his 3 children and pay his wife even after retirement just to be associated with the club..

They can't afford to see the name Messi in different organisation other than theirs.

No one would ever want to sell a Goat that keeps reproducing and increasing their stock.

Unless of course the GOAT is a he-goat.

37 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by Beverlyjean(f): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
as expected.... his minions are just running away from his todays threads

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Supercaddy:
Madoo... Messi just acting as a kid since he joined Barcelona. NA ur papa go dey decide for you everytime
his dad is his agent and same with neyma and his dad, i dnt see whats wrong with that, abi you want make the self acclaimed sports analyst and legal advisers wey full nairaland or that Argentina president dey decide for am??

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by yanabasee1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lol......

This goat na one club goat....

I am very much interested with Suarez's deal with Juv....
Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Beverlyjean:
as expected.... his minions are just running away from his todays threads
running away from what?? he wants to leave and thought barca would allow him go easily bt it didnt go his way, if not for the covid break dt extended this summer transfer, he would be in city and i dnt see how it is his fault..
from the look of things, he may stay his last year to give the club and the fans the proper farwell because he is a legend already in barca and he wont like to damage his legacies he built for years..

5 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ojaysam25(m): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

he wants to leave, bt too bad he is stuck with dt huge fee, he cnt sign any renewal dt barca board is asking for, its jus to play d last season and walk for free next year so both sides would be happy than the board making it seems asif messi is the bad sheep..
I would not be surprised if he renew his contracts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ghettokid1(m): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2020
internationalman:
Barca are ready to pay Messi,pay his 3 children and pay his wife even after retirement just to be associated with the club..

They can't afford to see the name Messi in different organisation other than theirs.

No one would ever want to sell a Goat that keeps reproducing and increasing their stock.

Unless of course the GOAT is a he-goat.
Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by Beverlyjean(f): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

he wants to leave, bt too bad he is stuck with dt huge fee, he cnt sign any renewal dt barca board is asking for, its jus to play d last season and walk for free next year so both sides would be happy than the board making it seems asif messi is the bad sheep..

When those thst know football try to educate u guys...u messi fans start to call it hating ... told u that man city news was fake news...u guys started insulting me and those that tried to mk u guys understand the regiments of sports business... goal.com that is owned by an obsessed messi fan

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
ghettokid1:
Paulolee come an see better news o
i see it as a bad news because barca is too big to force messi stay, they should jus settle for a cut price and allow him leave so dt we start a new project with koeman without messi, messi cnt play for barca forever and he would still leave for free after next season, Y dnt barca cash in on him now??

3 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by Beverlyjean(f): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

running away from what?? he wants to leave and thought barca would allow him go easily bt it didnt go his way, if not for the covid break dt extended this summer transfer, he would be in city and i dnt see how it is his fault, options arw still open and if he cnt leave during this window, he would easily walk out to any where next year...

If barca performs beyond expectations this coming season, messi will sign a new contract keeping him till he retires...barca board know him too well , thats y they are holding on to him ... that guy will not leave barca
Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojaysam25:

I would not be surprised if he renew his contracts.
naaa, he cant even if laporta wins nxt Election and brings xavi bk to barca, messi would walk away because messi dnt see any special ending with this barca squad....suarez is almost leaving remember??
messi would love to have that perfect last dance in EPL and he wont mind sharing the stage with pep dt made him who he is...messi would surely walk away, this last season is more like an icing on the cake and he may sign a pre contract with city b4 the season ends...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ojaysam25(m): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

even if dts the last player in market and barca dnt av any player i la masia to field, its better barca plead with uefa to give our azezat oshola clearance to play for barca men team than lingard and if uefa refuses, barca would play all thier games with a man down because its better than having dt scrap on my squad..
How dare you say that about the Goat.. .lingard a nightmare to defenders.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2020
Beverlyjean:

If barca performs beyond expectations this coming season, messi will sign a new contract keeping him till he retires...barca board know him too well , thats y they are holding on to him ... that guy will not leave barca
performs above expectations?? messi's mind is made up, even if barca wins all trophies he would still leave at the end of this season, maybe he had a second thought and realized dt he needs a perfect farewell before he leaves barca unlike leaving after dt bayern massacre and also to avoid burnt Bridges because he is already a legend in spain and in barca..

1 Like

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by paulolee(m): 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
ojaysam25:

How dare you say that about the Goat.. .lingard a nightmare to defenders.
barca already have numerous nightmares already...if lingard own add join barca own na death be that...you should keep him because i dnt even know what the scout told the united manager about him before you signed him...barca is currently purging and we dnt need any dirts...barca is chasing a potential suarez dt would easily walk into man.u team and u are calling lingard...joker

2 Likes

Re: "Messi Could Stay" - His Father Says After Meeting Barcelona Board by ojaysam25(m): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2020
paulolee:

naaa, he cant except laporta wins nxt Election, xavi or pep cones bk to barca and it stikk needs a lot of convincing to do because messi dnt see any special ending with this barca squad....suarez is almost leaving remember??
But I thought him wanting to leave is about seeking new challenge....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Celebrates His Brother Ogbonna's Birthday With Throwback Vs Now Pic / Chelsea's New Home Kit For 2019-2020 Season Leaked / Sunday Oliseh Wins Bronze Bull Best Coach Award In Holland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.