Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,809 members, 7,837,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor (1737 Views)

Yahaya Bello Appoints Achu­ba As Deputy Governor / Obama Appoints Adewale Adeyemo As Deputy National Security Adviser / Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Dede1(m): 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nurain Mumu[/b]ni?

hmmm, Yorubas and their welcomeness. Just the same way the Hausa-Fulanis easily acculturated themselves into the Yoruba tribe. And they say Yorubas are tribalists. [b]Can you find this sympathetic gesture in the SE? I think not
lipsrsealed

I am quite sure you are behind the intellectual curve drawn by history. Azikiwe appointment a Yoruba son the press-secretary to the government of eastern region before your father thought of getting married to your mother.  grin  grin
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Feb 22, 2011
Can the 95% Ibo population just support this CPC man and lets see if he would even make top 3.

fstranger3:

Won kan tan ra won ni

Oro won dabi oro Iya Jimoh to de mosalasi t'oro pe oun ti de ile omo e

Leave them alone, CPC ko, OPC ni

Eniyan tan ara re Bi Iya Dada to so wipe ohun ko ri irun were ri
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by nwaigbomg(m): 5:52pm On Feb 22, 2011
excanny:

I wil personally advice that Igbos to stay away from Lagos politics. The hausas are even better prepared for the conflicts associated with ruling in a foreign land since they hardly live in among natives, but in seperated enclaves. Thus, it's more easier to defend themselves if $h*t hits the fan.

Igbos will be crushed should the natives turn against them due to their careless way of living in among the locals.

If any Igbo has a brilliant political dream, he should look towards the SE that is currently suffering from a brain drain. There his contribution will be much more needed.

The old saying goes 'Charity begins at home'.

alex101:

May your days be long!
I've always wondered about this idea that some of my Igbo brothers have about ruling others (Lagos in this case). No Igbo should run for office outside of Igbo land-NEVER. Many of us are just overly cosmopolitan. Smart Igbo folks only make money outside Igbo land, but will never have any fixed asset like land or house where they reside.
Nigeria is not one and will NEVER be one. I hate to say this (apology in advance); do we need another war to remind all these efulefus that unbriddled one nigerianism is what has kept and is still keeping Ndigbo in their current political plight in the nigerian dungeon?
pls stop all this things, Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria not commercial capital of Yoruba. if an igbo man decides to conest for governorship in oyo state, i wish say he is drunk and need to be examine.

pls not that all nigerians has right to contest in election in any position in lagos.
although the rights of the natives should be respected and protected.

and more so an igbo man becoming governor of  lagos will not cause any crisis between igbo and yoruba unless it is the hoodlums that will capitalize on it to cause problems, igbo governor will only bring more goodies to the lagosians.

lagosians have always appreciated igbos for their impact on the economy and general growth of the state.
long live igbo
long live yoruba
long live  lagos
long live nigeria
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by T9ksy(m): 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2011
nwaigbo_mg:

and more so an igbo man becoming governor of  lagos will not cause any crisis between igbo and yoruba unless it is the hoodlums that will capitalize on it to cause problems, igbo governor will only bring more goodies to the lagosians.

I still can't comprehend the igbos obsession with becoming governor  of lagos- a yoruba state.
As far back as the 40's, the igbos have been trying to take over Lagos.
During the civil war, they set out to obliterate lagos and when that failed, dropped bombs on the inhabitants of lagos who were mainly yorubas.

And now, 4 decades after the war, they are again agitating for governorship of this same Lagos.

why, my igbo brothers are you so obsessed with Lagos?
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Obiagu1(m): 9:48pm On Feb 22, 2011
T9ksy:

I still can't comprehend the igbos obsession with becoming governor of lagos- a yoruba state.
As far back as the 40's, the igbos have been trying to take over Lagos.
During the civil war, they set out to obliterate lagos and when that failed, dropped bombs on the inhabitants of lagos who were mainly yorubas.

And now, 4 decades after the war, they are again agitating for governorship of this same Lagos.

why, my igbo brothers are you so obsessed with Lagos?

Igbos are not obsessed with becoming governor of lagos.
If they were offered deputy, good; adequated appointment in offices to represent their contribution to the state, fine.
If by default they become governor, why not?
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by fstranger3(m): 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2011
Obiagu1:

Igbos are not obsessed with becoming governor of lagos.
If they were offered deputy, good; adequated appointment in offices to represent their contribution to the state, fine.
If by default they become governor, why not?

Aint happening in your life time. And if by error of omission or commission( * sounds familair*), an Igbo man is mistakenly, I repeat, mistakenly, nominated for the governorship post by any major party, we the "shon of Shoil" will see to it that the Ibo man is starved to death (* sounds familiar*) and that the election never comes to reality.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by nwaigbomg(m): 10:42pm On Feb 22, 2011
fstranger3:

Aint happening in your life time. And if by error of omission or commission( * sounds familair*), an Igbo man is mistakenly, I repeat, mistakenly, nominated for the governorship post by any major party, we the "shon of Shoil" will see to it that the Ibo man is starved to death (* sounds familiar*) and that the election never comes to reality.

silly coment
how do u think that u can starve the igbo?
do u provide food for them on daily bases?
or are u going to lock their shops?

don't provoke the igbo to ur detriment
if they go n strike and lock up their shops, close the hospitals, schools, industries and other parastatals in lagos, u will starve, so be very careful with ur utterances

moreso lagos is the economic capital of nigeria not economic capital of the yoruba
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by bashr4: 3:52am On Feb 23, 2011
nwaigbo_mg:

silly coment
how do u think that u can starve the igbo?
do u provide food for them on daily bases?
or are u going to lock their shops?

don't provoke the igbo to your detriment
if they go n strike and lock up their shops, close the hospitals, schools, industries and other parastatals in lagos, u will starve, so be very careful with your utterances

moreso lagos is the economic capital of nigeria not economic capital of the yoruba

DONT MIND THOSE FOOLS , THEY NEVER GIVE UP , ANYTHING IGBO GETS THEM RESTLESS TWO PARTIES WANT IGBO DEPUTY GOVERNOR AND THEY ARE CRYING LIKE WAR JUST BROKE OUT. AS IF IT WILL BENEFIT OTHER IGBO PEOPLE , TRIBALISM WONT LET THEM SEE ITS A POLITACAL MOVE TO WIN THE IGBO POPULATION IN LAGOS , ONE NIGERIA INDEED.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by bashr4: 3:56am On Feb 23, 2011
nwaigbo_mg:
fstranger3 link=topic=609615.msg7782009#msg7782009 date=1298408150:

Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by bashr4: 4:09am On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

NO THAT DOES NOT SOUND FAMILIAR , BUT HOW COME  UP TILL TODAY PEOPLE ARE STARVING TO DEATH IN YOUR SO CALLED LAGOS AND ARE HIGHLY MALNOURISHED EVEN THOUGH THERE NO FAMINE OR CRISIS?   [quote][/quote]
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by fstranger3(m): 4:18am On Feb 23, 2011
^^ After two attempts, you still dont know what to do, and one of you wants to be deputy Governor of Lagos. . . I tell ya. aint happening
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by bashr4: 4:24am On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

^^ After two attempts, you still dont know what to do, and one of you wants to be deputy Governor of Lagos. . . I tell ya. aint happening

DEPUTY GOVERNOR OR NOT NA THEIR BUISNESS GO AND TELL YOUR PEOPLE THAT MADE THE DECISION CUS WE DONT CARE.
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by Tunmi(f): 5:11am On Feb 23, 2011
What happened to earning the position on merits and qualifications?
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by bashr4: 5:39am On Feb 23, 2011
Tunmi:

HAHAH ARE YOU A NIGERIAN? , HOW MANY OF YOUR PAST AND PRESENT LEADERS WERE CHOSEN BASED ON MERIT AND QUALIFICATIONS?
Re: Lagos Cpc Endorses Igbo As Deputy Governor by fstranger3(m): 5:41am On Feb 23, 2011
Tunmi:

Your point is too broad; yet, very vague.

What do you mean exactly?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can U Take Bullet For Your President? / Bakassi: Will Nigeria Appeal ICJ Ruling ? / Kaduna Christian Youths Just As Criminal As The Catholic Church Suicide Bomber.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.