Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan (4251 Views)

Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play / Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / If You've Looted Nigeria's Money You Must Return Our Money – Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Ovularia: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2011
We are not into politics to make money, says Jonathan

By Elizabeth Archibong

February 22, 2011 03:08AM

President Goodluck Jonathan has said he is not vying for the office of president to make money, but to entrench unity and pursue economic transformation of the country with the help of his running mate, vice president Namadi Sambo, and other key stakeholders nationwide.

He stated this yesterday during a courtesy call on the Kogi State traditional rulers council led by its vice chairman, Ado Ibrahim, the paramount ruler of Ebiraland, in Lokoja.

"Myself and vice president Sambo mean well for Nigeria. We are not into politics to make money. We stand for the unity of this country. We have no enemies to fight. We will not discriminate against anybody of any tongue, tribe, or religion," he said.

Mr. Jonathan noted that himself and Mr. Sambo are united for the cause of national transformation because the issues begging to be resolved in the country defy all known sentiments.

He particularly urged other communities around the areas where the proposed nine new federal universities are to be cited not to be disenchanted, noting that "we are not citing the universities to create problems, but to bring development to those areas."

"We do not want the good intentions of government to bring problems for people," the president said.

He further described Kogi State as a unique state historically, serving as a link between the north and south of the country both through land and water, and pledged that government would resuscitate the Ajaokuta Steel Company, and also establish other mining plants and green refineries towards a technological and industrial revolution in the country.

"For our Vision 20-2020 to be realised, we must develop our oil and steel potentials, and Kogi State is key in this regard given its rich mineral deposits," Mr. Jonathan said.

Earlier, Ado Ibrahim commended President Jonathan for his respect for the traditional institution in the country, noting that his humility and performance in governance so far has endeared him to the Nigerian masses.

Also speaking, Kogi governor, Ibrahim Idris, said the people of Kogi are determined to cast their votes en masse for President Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo.

"We are going to deliver hundred per cent for President Jonathan" Mr. Idris said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5679255-146/we_are_not_into_politics_to.csp
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by damas11111(m): 12:26pm On Feb 22, 2011
we hear you Mr. (hard?) Goodluck. But be reminded that we are now wiser to know that we judge the actions and not the words. Never again!
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by drmoney: 1:01pm On Feb 22, 2011
If it's not for the money, then why is he going about it this way?
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by doja(m): 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2011
"For our Vision 20-2020 to be realised, we must develop our oil and steel potentials, and Kogi State is key in this regard given its rich mineral deposits," Mr. Jonathan said.

Is he just realising that fact? how come he has not made any move in that direction in the last one year? now he needs another four years! Nigerians please let us do the right thing. let us vote right this time.

Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2011
Just as i am not working because of the money they pay but because i want to show my company that i am good.
Mr GEJ, i thought you are smarter than that.
Money and fame goes together.
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Muza(m): 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2011
Why wont u say that when u hav already made the money, spendthrift mofo. . .
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by doja(m): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2011

Is he just realising that fact? how come he has not made any move in that direction in the last one year? now he needs another four years! Nigerians please let us do the right thing. let us vote right this time.

Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Wadeoye(m): 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2011
Yes, GEJ is right. They are not in polictics to make money but STEAL money
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Sweetnecta: 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2011
jeg is fleecing nigeria, big time.
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by snowdrops(m): 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2011
Lies Lies Lies.

GEJ, HOPE YOU ARE WATCHING EVENTS IN LIBYA.
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by omo9ja1(m): 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2011
kai these were cheap cr*p credited to our dear president that will so go, your project should speak for you, sir with all due respect your govt disapoint me, its too late now
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Ibime(m): 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2011
He is not into politics to make money. . .that's why he was living in modest NDDC flat before entering politics, and now he gives $50,000 transport fee to anyone who visits him.
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by babaowo: 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2011
mr president try and donates your salaries and allowances to charity lol
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by yemmight(m): 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2011
They are not there to generate or make money, they are there to eat and swallow money. That mumu do not know what to say in public, no initiative at all.
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Tunmi(f): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2011
Who said he was in office to steal money? We want him to refute the claims that he is trying to get Ibori off on money laundering charges and bring him back to Nigeria. He has not denounced that. And that alone is incriminating. He started out with promise when he put professionals in certain government positions but now he is being seriously two-faced. What kind of Presidential candidate would not refute such damaging claims.

I cannot wait for those presidential debates.  
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Becomrichn: 2:29pm On Feb 22, 2011
INEC claim sokoto had 2 million register voters. Do you see 2 million here.

Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Becomrichn: 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2011

Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by ochukoccna: 2:44pm On Feb 22, 2011
@ post, really?
Can he then explain how the economy has been so battered in just 13 months under his watch?
Can he explain the depletion of the Excess Crude Oil Account from $32 billion when OBJ was leaving to under $1 billion [as it currently stands now] with no capital projects to show for it?
Can this dude shut up and spare us vocal diarrhoea?
Cant he read the handwriting that we no longer want the Poverty Distribution Party in 9a?
Any one still doubting this guy is a DRUNK SAILOR FISHERMAN? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by apoti(m): 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2011
Becomrichn:

becomerich! becomerich!! becomerich!!!
how many times did I call you?
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2011
Leave GEJ and him yeye talks. Vote out PDP!
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2011
Becomrichn:

INEC claim sokoto had 2 million register voters.  Do you see 2 million here.

Mr Becomrich grin
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by stineb1: 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2011
Im begining to think otherwise about Nairaland.was it created to be an Anti GEJ forum? Please someone should let me know.
Some negative elements here keep embarking on Destructive criticism on the Commander-In-Chief of the Federal Republic,when they can not even run their own homes.If i may ask, which Presidential Candidate has a 100% track record in the past and present?You are all entitled to your opinions,keep it to yourselfs and let us have peace.You think you can change anything by opening up your gutters on NL? Why dont you just Wait and vote for your choice candidates in April and stop Making Nairaland annoying and Boring.GEJ FOR PRESIDENT 2011-PEOPLES CHOICE.
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by blacksta(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2011
Becomrichn:

INEC claim sokoto had 2 million register voters.  Do you see 2 million here.

Say no to poverty  - you are too much   - abeg no i  see 2 million people all i see na sand.   shocked
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by blinx4real(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2011
stine b:

Im begining to think otherwise about Nairaland.was it created to be an Anti GEJ forum? Please someone should let me know.
Some negative elements here keep embarking on Destructive criticism on the Commander-In-Chief of the Federal Republic,when they can not even run their own homes.If i may ask, which Presidential Candidate has a 100% track record in the past and present?You are all entitled to your opinions,keep it to yourselfs and let us have peace.You think you can change anything by opening up your gutters on NL? Why dont you just Wait and vote for your choice candidates in April and stop Making Nairaland annoying and Boring.GEJ FOR PRESIDENT 2011-PEOPLES CHOICE.

My bros, pls speak for yourself, GEJ is not the people's choice - he is PDP's choice chikena!
[size=16pt]Why should we choose a 50% President GEJ when we can have a 75% one (Buhari), or even an 80% (Ribadu)? [/size]
These GEJ supporters are so amazing, this is the only candidate in the entire election who does not have a manifesto, yet goes around promising all the geo-political zones heaven and earth. When your aim is to satisfy everybody especially when you know it is not within your capacity to do that, then it means you dont plan to satisfy anybody
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Ekpoma1: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2011
I doubt Mr. President on this one though he may be right. But who cares 2 know? If ain't there of the money, ur family need u there bcoz of d money.
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by apoti(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2011
stine b:

Which people ??
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Becomrichn: 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2011
this is the greatest fraud
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by damas11111(m): 4:13pm On Feb 22, 2011
blinx4real:

My bros, pls speak for yourself, GEJ is not the people's choice - he is PDP's choice chikena!
[size=16pt]Why should we choose a 50% President GEJ when we can have a 75% one (Buhari), or even an 80% (Ribadu)? [/size]

Pls mind your writing! If agreed that Ribadu is 80% ok as president, Buhari is surely 90% ok for president. He is the best man for the job. Ribadu still needs some more years of experience to be in the same level as Buhari.
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2011
stine b:

Some negative elements here keep embarking on Destructive criticism on the Commander-In-Chief of the Federal Republic,when they can not even run their own homes[b].If i may ask, which Presidential Candidate has a 100% track record in the past and present?[/b]You are all entitled to your opinions,keep it to yourselfs and let us have peace.You think you can change anything by opening up your gutters on NL? Why dont you just Wait and vote for your choice candidates in April and stop Making Nairaland annoying and Boring.GEJ FOR PRESIDENT 2011-PEOPLES CHOICE.

stinke commenting at bolded

There are a lot of trash-talkers on Nairaland but you miss the point entirely. GEJ has no critics (destructive or constructive) on his Facebook page, go there and see all the pandering his Presidential Ego is basking in. Naturally i detest destructive criticism, but our humanity gets the better of us when scores of Nigerians die in Jos because our Commander-in-Chief does not have the gall to use the powers of his office to seek a lasting solution. (If there are any please list them here), What about Political killings, what about Insecurity etc. We are not expecting a Miracle from GEJ. just do the right thing a step at a time. He has however released $2billion dollars (outside budgetary allowance) to States for Poverty Alleviation, has appointed men of questionable character and credibility to public offices that determine a majority of how Nigerians will live each day for the next 5 years. Will you risk the future of your unborn children to a GEJ Republic  

Nigerian Leadership has a horrid record since the past 50yrs. we have no leader who has made the cut a 100% (or even 35%) This does not mean we should allow mediocrity because that is all we are used to. When will you start demanding your National Rights when you do not even know what they are.

Opinions matter on Nairaland and anywhere basically (whether you keep it peacefully to yourself or talk-trash) It is opinions (silly and reasonable) that amount to what we call Public Consensus. If most posters on Nairaland seem to hate GEJ it is because of the Public Opinion GEJ has formed in the minds of the Majority.

And Finally Opinions do make things happen unlike you wrongly assumed. The Revolution streaking across the Arab World is borne out of a simple Facebook Page. You will be wise to note that opinions matter whether online or offline. your opinion matters it just depends on which side it is on. (The Majority or the Minority)
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2011
damas11111:

Pls mind your writing! If agreed that Ribadu is 80% ok as president, Buhari is surely 90% ok for president. He is the best man for the job. Ribadu still needs some more years of experience to be in the same level as Buhari.
I agree 100%
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by segunhot: 4:43pm On Feb 22, 2011
We are not into politics to make money but we are into politricks to STEAL cash money
Re: We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan by 1025: 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2011

@stine b,
gej for which ppl? we are the ppl and we know he is just a nobody. jonathan is only the commander in thief -personal republic of nigeria.
he never won election in nigeria. obasanjo appointed and selected him alongside the dead one. he was lucky not to have died by now. if he mistakenly goes back, we will use everything against him. we have korans, bibles jujus of different background. didn't u see how the combination of all these killed that hausa man. if u have sense, u will look at countries like egypt, tunisia, algeria, libya, bahrain, yemen etc, they all have good roads, eletricity, pipe borne waters, security, quality education, good hospitals yet their citizens are not satisfied. what more a good for nothing ghetto called nigeria with oil everywhere yet have nothing to show for it.
how brainless are u when u watch poor politicians become rich over night at ur detriment.
we must be ready for us this time.i hope u saw what jonathan and jega gave us for N87b? no shaking. we will wait till april. he must go and govern his family this time as we are no longer going remain slaves to the ocultic kingdom called pdp.
there is light at the end of this tunnel and Buhari/Bakare 2011 will surely lead us out of this troubled water - pdp
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor, Barr. Kenneth Okonkwo For House Of Reps 2015 (PHOTO) / Shame: Israel’s Hails Jonathan As Nigeria Block Palestinian UN Resolution / Facts About Tinubu: A Must Read By Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.