Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' (5019 Views)

Biafra Currency Shall Be Called Biafra Dollars - Simon Ekpa / PMB Says Digital Currency Will Boost Nigeria's GDP By $29 Billion In 10 Years / For Those Like Me That Haven't Seen Biafra Currency Before, See It Now (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by izuswift(m): 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
Everything is falling in place
This is ejemma ancient Biafra currency also known as ego Igwe. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu on today's broadcast of 4/9/2020 said we shall return to our ancient currency when we get Biafra and the currency will be called "Ejemma"
# SupportBiafra
# Code0530

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by AsiwajuNdigbo: 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
I like this. What will be its dollar equivalent?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by dnawah(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
izuswift:
I still have this, though I don't actually know what to it was,but just kept it.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Quadranoo(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
p
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by slivertongue: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
native earrings
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
How do you expect an ijaw, Efik, kalabari or Ibibio man to pronounce this ? Your Biafra which is a legitimate struggle by the way is too Igbocentric to the exclusion of other tribes that IPOB is trying to coerce into the movement. Thanks to Buhari, we’re already second class citizens in Nigeria, lower than Fulani cows, we can’t face the same scenario in a new nation. Nnamdi Kanu and co should do the needful or leave us out of his charade cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
dnawah:
I still have this, though I don't actually know what to it was,but just kept it.

Wow...I would love to have one to show my kids....though KANU didn't say we will be using the iron money but will adopt the name

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
How do you expect an ijaw, Efik, kalabari or Ibibio man to pronounce this ? Your Biafra which is a legitimate struggle by the way is too Igbocentric to the exclusion of other tribes that IPOB is trying to coerce into the movement. Thanks to Buhari, we’re already second class citizens in Nigeria, lower than Fulani cows, we can’t face the same scenario in a new nation. Nnamdi Kanu and co should do the needful or leave us out of his charade cool
if you're ijaw or any of the above you might be surprise you grand father has one somewhere.... We have gone beyond this explanation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:

I don’t think Mazi Kanu or IPOB have the power to coerce the Ijaw nation or any other to do what they don’t wanna do! On the day, i would imagine they would be free to join Biafra (where decisions would be taken and agreed upon by all based on equality of all constituent units), form their own republic, or opt to remain in ‘one Nigeria’! This accusation of ‘forcing anyone to join Biafra’ is just something used to scare other ethnicities in the East!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
ezenwajosh:
if you're ijaw or any of the above you might be surprise you grand father has one somewhere.... We have gone beyond this explanation
i asked a question, how do you expect my people to pronounce your ejemma ? My grandpa having whatever is irrelevant here, you can’t force your Igbo culture and words down the throats of those of us from other cultures.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
i asked a question, how do you expect my people to pronounce your ejemma ? My grandpa having whatever is irrelevant here, you can’t force your Igbo culture and words down the throats of those of us from other cultures.

How does ejema sound Igbo?

Your grandfather having it means he used it and knows it and probably pronounced it same ejema...NOW CAN YOU SEE HOW RELEVANT IT IS....

THE NAME BIAFRA WASN'T EVEN NAMED BY THE SO CALLED IGBO....IT WAS AN IJAW MAN....THAT NAMED IT....HAVE YOU HEARD AN IGBO MAN SAYING OH NO....BIAFRA IS NOT IGBO ITS IJAW WE CAN NOT ANSWER SUCH NAME? THE SEED OF DISCORD THE ENEMIES PLATED MANY YEARS AGO BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR COUSINS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED ANYMORE AND MANY PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP TO THE TRUTH

15 Likes

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Kamanuozuzu: 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

I don’t think Mazi Kanu or IPOB have the power to coerce the Ijaw nation or any other to do what they don’t wanna do! On the day, i would imagine they would be free to join Biafra (where decisions would be taken and agreed upon by all based on equality of all constituent units), form their own republic, or opt to remain in ‘one Nigeria’! This accusation of ‘forcing anyone to join Biafra’ is just something used to scare other ethnicities in the East!

Coerce, force..... Where're these coming from?

The quest for coming together of other ethnic nationalities other Igbo is through persuasion, reason, logic and argument, certainly not via coercion and force.

Stop changing narratives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Kamanuozuzu: 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
ezenwajosh:

Your grandfather having it means he used it and knows it probably pronounced it same ejema...NOW CAN YOU SEE HOW RELEVANT IT IS....

THE NAME BIAFRA WASN'T EVEN NAMED BY THE SO CALLED IGBO....IT WAS AN IJAW MAN....THAT NAMED IT....HAVE YOU HEARD AN IGBO MAN SAYING OH NO....BIAFRA IS NOT IGBO ITS IJAW WE CAN NOT ANSWER SUCH NAME?

Don't mind them.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by muykem: 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
ezenwajosh:

Your grandfather having it means he used it and knows it probably pronounced it same ejema...NOW CAN YOU SEE HOW RELEVANT IT IS....

THE NAME BIAFRA WASN'T EVEN NAMED BY THE SO CALLED IGBO....IT WAS AN IJAW MAN....THAT NAMED IT....HAVE YOU HEARD AN IGBO MAN SAYING OH NO....BIAFRA IS NOT IGBO ITS IJAW WE CAN NOT ANSWER SUCH NAME?
Why unnecessary argument on joke called Biafra?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by jimyjames(m): 2:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
izuswift:
I prefer it should be called cowries, like they did in things fall apart
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
muykem:

Not a joke to me

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Modarun(m): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
I have the real deal for collectors. D.m for prices.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by helinues: 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by helinues: 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
muykem:

Should we invite the mods to do the justification... grin grin
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by kpakpankolo: 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
wow
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Abohboy: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
That’s not biafran it is called a Mannila, it was used in the Kongo empire, Benin empire, lumbu empire, Swahili empires. Infact it was in use in most ancient sub Saharan empires, at one point or another.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Muna4real(f): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:

It is igbocentric because it's mostly the igbos who are fighting for the cause. Nobody asked you not to join the struggle right? If you don't want biafra to be seen as igbocentric, then don't leave the work for igbos alone . Anyways, the igbos I know will still welcome anyone who did not struggle for the actualization of biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by feedthenation(m): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Will the currency be stronger than Naira
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by hammer8: 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2020
[s]
MASTAkiLLAh:
[/s]

THE SAME WAY U PRONOUNCE POUND, DOLLAR AND NAIRA.

EJEMA WILL NOT BREAK YOUR JAW.

IT WAS CHOSEN BECOS RESEARCH SHOWED IT IS THE OLDEST FORM OF MONEY IN BIAFRA LAND.

IT WAS USED EVEN BEFORE BRITISH ARRIVED IN THE BRONZE AGE.

IF U ARE COMPLAINING OF EJEMA THAT AM NOT SURE IS AN IGBO WORD, WAT WILL U SAY WEN PEOPLE LIKE ME PROPOSE IGWE AS BIAFRA CURRENCY NAME.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by hammer8: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
I PROPOSE IGWE AS BIAFRA CURRENCY NAME IN HONOUR OF THE BRONZE AGE, WEN WE MADE THE FIRST BRONZE SCULPTURES IN AFRICA.

EGO BIAFRA BU EGO IGWE. (IGWE AS IN ROD OR METAL OR LIQUID METAL grin)

9th century Igbo-Ukwu bronze ceremonial staff head

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by hammer8: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Leaded bronze ceremonial object, thought to have been the head of a staff, decorated with coloured beads of glass and stone, 9th century, from Igbo Ukwu, Nigeria; in the Nigerian Museum, Lagos. Height 16.8 cm.

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by hammer8: 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
THESE THINGS OUR ANCESTORS BUILT WERE MONEY AND THAT WAS Y EUROPEANS STOLE THEM.

OUR CURRENCY SHOULD BE DECORATED WITH THEM

WATEVA CURRENCY BIAFRA ADOPTS SHOULD INCORPORATE THIS HISTORY AS EARLIEST FINANCIAL OBJECTS.

THE CURRENCY NAME SHOULD BE DERIVED FROM THERE.
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:

what concerns ejemma with Igbo culture? ur making no sense buddy....

if you can pronounce ejima (twin) why can't you pronounce ejemma

so pls stop beating about the bush and tell us what's on ur mind, I can't see ejemma been a problem smh!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:

I doubt if biafrans will even use the so called ejemma, Biafra currency is pounds and shillings...
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by Okoroawusa: 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
It pains my heart that Nnamdi Kanu has continued to make a great tribe like Igbo look like fools.
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by hammer8: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2020
Okoroawusa:
It pains my heart that Nnamdi Kanu has continued to make a great tribe like Igbo look like fools.

how did he do dat?
Re: Biafra Currency Will Be Called 'Ejemma' by hammer8: 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
Igbo Ukwu Bronze | Arte africana, Arte

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lekki Tollgate Burnt Down, Other Buildings, Banks- Photo / Fulani Bag: Who Knows The Meaning? (Pictures) / #TwitterBan: Twitter Removes Endsars Emoji, Deletes Kanu's Hate Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.