Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) (5549 Views)

APGA, Obiano And Soludo Campaign In Orumba North & South (Pictures) / President Buhari Approves New Security Measures For S/East, S/South / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

Why landlock when we control Rivers state our very own.Are you drunk? Both are the same one people nothing to discuss infact we own that South South.
You'll think so until it becomes a sovereign country, only then will you understand better that there are boundaries.

To start with, your own people in SS will be marginalized in politics. This would happen because history would remember who is a bona-fide citizen and who isn't.

If you want to insist you'll own two countries, then good luck but you'll have the indigenous people to deal with.

Please, can we be constructive. I dignified with this response but if you choose to be uncouth, I'll cut you off.

1 Like

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by tutudesz: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
bigpriik:

denying a country access to sea will surely lead to war which might result to annexation of land to guaranty access to sea , river Niger flows through igbo territory via anambra and and anioma part of biafra ,that makes it an international water already,a Un recognised country cannt be denied access to sea impossible ! if una try am and we defeat una for war ogoni land will be anexxed forever write this down.
Stop talking like a fool Mr man, do you know how man how international water works You think Biafrans defeat South South Only Ijaw militants will do the job
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by ccffwx: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
Why are the Yorubas so focused on SE matter instead of their SW? SE is landlocked, SE will not work in their dreams. They should be more concerned about the other SW states that have nothing to offer while leeching on Lagos. When the country divides, all the ethnicities will leave Lagos for them and Lagos will return to the barren and dry state it was in before the inflow of other ethnicities.

@topic, SE will always find a way to be successful. Always.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by bigpriik: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You'll think so until it becomes a sovereign country, only then will you understand better that there are boundaries.

To start with, your own people in SS will be marginalized in politics. This would happen because history would remember who is a bona-fide citizen and who isn't.

If you want to insist you'll own two countries, then good luck but you'll have the indigenous people to deal with.

Please, can we be constructive. I dignified with this response but if you choose to be uncouth, I'll cut you off.

the igbos in the south are going with biafra rather than to live in an ijaw dominated country of south south republic.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
Obdk:
Yoruba Muslim Miscreants on land grabbing act.. Never knew Edo is on south west

Semantics we can argue all day will gets us nowhere. It is entirely sensible of OP to infer that Kwara and Edo will prefer to be part of the SW than be elsewhere.

Even a lot of Igbos would prefer to remain in or move to the SW rather than return to or remain in the SE. let alone Edos who have good affinity with Yoruba people.
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by bigpriik: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2020
tutudesz:

Stop talking like a fool Mr man, do you know how man how international water works You think Biafrans defeat South South Only Ijaw militants will do the job
ijaws will defeat a country of 40million is like you want Ijaws to be wiped out forever abi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Plut01:

If it can work in the beginning, then it can always continue to work. What is important is what they bring to the negotiation table, and in this case, it's a matter of give and take (I make use of your waterways for import&export and you get your tax). That itself is something most of developed countries with landlocked neighbours do and it won't be different in the case of S.S and S.E nation after breakup.

The reason for the victim mentality currently exhibited by the S.E people is mainly because they are still in a forced Union. Let them free and let see if they will come to my Papa house to shout victimization.

You

It's not new that allies turn enemies and countries back out of agreement and slight friction escalates depending on who is in power and his level of diplomacy to issues.

I can assure you that nothing lasts forever, so for all it's worth, their would-be founding fathers must peep into the end from the beginning and prepare for the these things right from the beginning of the secession.

Well, I personally would consider these things if I were anticipating to be a country that is landlocked and would be surrounded by those I have accused of hate.

You'll be surprised that the only thing that bonds SE and SS together today and by extension, the whole south, is the contraption called Nigeria and the feeling of wanting to escape. I would argue that when that is over, a whole lot would change and the battle for survival would begin. If a neighbouring country has to be sacrificed, then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by tutudesz: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
bigpriik:

the igbos in the south are going with biafra rather than to live in an ijaw dominated country of south south republic.
So the reason Biafrans want South South to join them, is dominate them too
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Plut01: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
bigpriik:

denying a country access to sea will surely lead to war which might result to annexation of land to guaranty access to sea , river Niger flows through igbo territory via anambra and and anioma part of biafra ,that makes it an international water already,a Un recognised country cannt be denied access to sea impossible ! if una try am and we defeat una for war ogoni land will be anexxed forever write this down.

I don't think a newly formed nation will want to start life fighting against a potential future Ally. The best bet for the S.E is to make deal with the S.S nation.
And you have to forget the issue of River Niger being international or whatever you call it. You still have to dig that thing for heavy ships. Guess you will do that without permission from the country it falls under?
Make deals where necessary and forget that chest beating that gets you nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by tutudesz: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
bigpriik:

ijaws will defeat a country of 40million is like you want Ijaws to be wiped out forever abi?
40 million grin Seriously I was expecting you guys to be around 200 million grin Guy ordinary DSS you can't defeat , Nigeria full security forces couldn't defeat South South militants.

3 Likes

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by NgwalandAbia(m): 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Forget that, It's a family thing. We don't need outsiders.
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by bigpriik: 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
tutudesz:

40 million grin Seriously I was expecting you guys to be around 200 million grin Guy ordinary DSS you can't defeat , Nigeria full security forces couldn't defeat South South militants.

oga we are talking of war here illiterate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by freeborn02: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
Asnafsaeed:
Coming from a minority second class citizen... you don't have a say in what happens in MB

Stop deceiving people of the middle bet. You are only using them to boost your number. Middle belt isn't the same as the north. I challenge you to separate them from that map and see what will be left of the north.
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
bigpriik:

This is exactly what I'm point at. It hasn't even started yet but someone isn't ready to be trapped with the Ijaws.

3 Likes

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by tutudesz: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
Plut01:

I don't think a newly formed nation will want to start life fighting against a potential future Ally. The best bet for the S.E is to make deal with the S.S nation.
And you have to forget the issue of River Niger being international or whatever you call it. You still have to dig that thing for heavy ships. Guess you will do that without permission from the country it falls under?
Make deals where necessary and forget that chest beating that gets you nowhere.
So many countries sign Trade agreement to have access to the sea, but they want to force their way.
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by freeborn02: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Plut01:

That's a battle they will have to fight by themselves and for themselves.

Lolz. You desperately need them.to.boost your number. Without the middle belt, the north is as small as it goes.

1 Like

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Yankee101: 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
Men, after this shading I see south east no really get land sha

If biafra happens igbo will the worst off initially, because they have invested in more regions than other tribes. If the other regions treat them like Ghana then the igbo nation will lose like 50% of it's current networth.

Hausa will now commercialize their gold, farming and oil reserves. They'll also export electricity from Shiroro and Kianji

South South will have their oil

South West will depend on Lagos ports and taxing banks who all have their HQ there

Middle belt has oil, food crops, steel and coal but they need to join a bigger region or be crazily land locked or be acquired by force unless they put up a good fight
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Jonathan39: 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
You are ignorantly foolish. Igbos have been the most successful people in Nigeria before and after the civil war. That won't change if we get Biafra. The human resources required for a country to succeed is there. Check other countries of the world that are land locked
muykem:
South east is landlocked, it will fail woefully.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by tutudesz: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
bigpriik:

oga we are talking of war here illiterate.
Oga militants were fighting what You think you can have access to the sea without signing trade agreement with South South You need to Google the South China Sea vs Japan issue
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Jonathan39: 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
Go and study the history of Edo, after that you will have an understanding of where Edo should be if Nigeria breaks up. Igodomi igodo in Edo is and weeks the first king of Benin, has something to do with igbo
candidtalk:

Silly and cretinous IPOBian. They ask everyone to proffer meritorious argument in favor of regions they believe will do well if Nigeria breaks up and this otondo is only bothered about the States that should not be counted with the SW. This Igbo obsession with Yorubas na wa.

Go and give Kwara to the Fulanis na. As if the Yorubas in Kwara won't have a say where they would want to belong.

As for Edos, they will rather remain with the SW. Can you make a sane argument for why they would not? Olodo.

Abeg calm your fears about the Yoruba empire. You can still get visa to visit and return to your erosion-ravaged region after 3 months or face deportation.
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

Why landlock when we control Rivers state our very own.Are you drunk? Both are the same one people nothing to discuss[b] infact we own that South South.[/b]
I must say that this is how you start getting into trouble with locals. You own them and their lands and I'm sure if there is a secession, you'll say this more often, trigger them and make them hostile towards your people.

1 Like

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

Forget that, It's a family thing. We don't need outsiders.
Well, good luck to you but I'll remain entitled to my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by bigpriik: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Yankee101:
Men, after this shading I see south east no really get land sha

If biafra happens igbo will the worst off initially, because they have invested in more regions than other tribes. If the other regions treat them like Ghana then the igbo nation will lose like 50% of it's current networth.

Hausa will now commercialize their gold, farming and oil reserves. They'll also export electricity from Shiroro and Kianji

South South will have their oil

South West will depend on Lagos ports and taxing banks who all have their HQ there

Middle belt has oil, food crops, steel and coal but; they need to join a bigger region or be crazily land locked or be acquired by force unless they put up a good fight

and you think your lazy tax collecting yorucoward youths will let igbos go out of yerubaland grin grin where will they get their revenue from?grin grin from cocoa exports.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Hellraiser77: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2020
candidtalk:

Semantics we can argue all day will gets us nowhere. It is entirely sensible of OP to infer that Kwara and Edo will prefer to be part of the SW than be elsewhere.

Even a lot of Igbos would prefer to remain in or move to the SW rather than return to or remain in the SE. let alone Edos who have good affinity with Yoruba people.
Guy na by force to be part of SW? grin

Edo together with delta will become Bendel country.....Take your Yoruba bush country and shove up your A$$

4 Likes

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Allen102: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

Why landlock when we control Rivers state our very own.Are you drunk? Both are the same one people nothing to discuss infact we own that South South.
igbos own which south south? in your dreams or ? and which Rivers do you igbos control?

6 Likes

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Abasman008(m): 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
bigpriik:

denying a country access to sea will surely lead to war which might result to annexation of land to guaranty access to sea , river Niger flows through igbo territory via anambra and and anioma part of biafra ,that makes it an international water already,a Un recognised country cannt be denied access to sea impossible ! if una try am and we defeat una for war ogoni land will be anexxed forever write this down
are you sure you know who ogonis are?? Lol smh
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by bigpriik: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
Abasman008:
are you sure you know who ogonis are?? Lol smh

they are superhumans that cant die abi?
Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by BlackAdam55(m): 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

We are not the same oga.

Igbo man dream= Biafra

South south man dream= Niger delta republic or we go our separate ways.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by timagentms: 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
bigpriik:
next time exclude kwarra and edo they are not part of the southwest,kwarra is lost forever to fulanis and Edo should be allowed to join by choice not by force.development is not by land mass and geograhical location by brains and human resources.

Kwara is not lost to Yoruba, forget about the Emir in Ilorin. What outsider don't know about Kwara is much than what they aware. Fyi, it is only in Ilorin that we have Emir, all other cities in Kwara governed by Obas, so how can the Fulani claim the ownership of Kwara when the rest state dominated by Yoruba Obas.

Fulani is purely intruder in Ilorin, time will soon tell and their secret will widely open. Yoruba is the owner of Kwara and Kwara state is purely Oduduwa descendants.

Click like if you believe Kwara state is for Yoruba.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
Rugaria:

The South East is only landlocked if we accept the weird boundary demarcations done by babangida, Obasanjo, gowon, Abacha and co since 1966 in the name of state creations... Without those fake attempts at helming in the Igbos into the hinterlands, there are enough igbo populations in Rivers, in Delta, in kogi, in benue, in Cross River states to help with the needful... Those military rulers who continued the war with the creation of fake borders in the east are not in any position to define nor stipulate igbo boundaries... So when the chips are down, the fake borders will be undone and we can all start from there..

Don’t mind them! They seem to get some sort of satisfaction and peace of mind at the thought of Ndigbo being hemmed into ‘just your five south-east’ states! I suppose they think this is what will give them a head-start and economic advantage over the Igbo!

Of course it’s all wishful thinking because i suspect they know deep down that Ndigbo will come out of any dissolution of Nigeria on a good footing! They’re praying all ethnicities in the Niger-Delta will remain as one (including all Igbo and Igbo-speaking groups)....form their own country and then deny Ndigbo access to the sea! This is why you normally see them screaming ‘attaché by force’, and why they sometimes pose as ‘we south-south’ and proceed to abuse the hell out of us and paint us as being worse than Hitler! wink

4 Likes

Re: Who is most likely to prosper/fail? North S•east, S•west, S•south. (pictures) by Allen102: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2020
BlackAdam55:
We are not the same oga.
Igbo man dream= Biafra
South south man dream= Niger delta republic or we go our separate ways.
Biafra is not an Option.
Well said.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Convention: APC Writes INEC, Confirms February 26 Date / PDP Murders APC In Kaduna / Court Refuses To Dismiss Terrorism Charges Against Fubara’s COS, Edison Ehie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.