Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? (724 Views)

North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt / Muslim North Using South West To Frustrate South - South West Will Regret Action / 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Sunofgod(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2011
Give it 3 months,  kiss
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Sunofgod(m): 10:09pm On Feb 22, 2011
GEJ - If it hapens don't bomb them by aircraft (During the day - grin)
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Beaf: 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2011
An almajiri uprising is impossible, they only hear the views of their Imams. They aren't part of the facebook and twitter generation.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by EzeUche2(m): 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2011
Beaf:

An almajiri uprising is impossible, they only hear the views of their Imams. They aren't part of the facebook and twitter generation.

Well their Imams are not illiterate though. They are actually quite educated, and they know how to control their people. The Emirs and the politicians know it is the Imams who hold the real power in the North. That is why they try to keep their support.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Beaf: 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

Well their Imams are not illiterate though. They are actually quite educated, and they know how to control their people. The Emirs and the politicians know it is the Imams who hold the real power in the North. That is why they try to keep their support.

The machinery that created the almajiri system will never use it to destroy itself, someone else has to sieze control.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by blacksta(m): 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2011
Abeg cant wait  - hope it  happens very soon  - so they can rid nIgeria of the corrupt and imbeclic leaders like gej downwards  grin

since the southerns no get liver
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Sunofgod(m): 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2011
Hunger, poverty and a lack of opportunity have proven to be one of the most powerful forces in this world,
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by EzeUche2(m): 10:21pm On Feb 22, 2011
Beaf:

The machinery that created the almajiri system will never use it to destroy itself, someone else has to sieze control.

That is true, but currently, the Imams are aligned with the political leadership and the emirs. A pious Imam could lead a revolution in that region, just like Uthman dan Fodio did over 200 years ago.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Beaf: 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

That is true, but currently, the Imams are aligned with the political leadership and the emirs. A pious Imam could lead a revolution in that region, just like Uthman dan Fodio did over 200 years ago.

It will only look like another Boko Haram uprising. The North is in no position to rise against its elite, an uprising is more likely from the South and traditionally, the South has always led the way in such events, from NLC actions to student riots to the June 12th uprising.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by blacksta(m): 10:30pm On Feb 22, 2011
^

it will shock you like electricity - They said the same of the Egyptians - Even Mubrarak talk am - " He said my government will never fall " days before first demonstration - 18 days later - na different story
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Sunofgod(m): 10:31pm On Feb 22, 2011
Never say never,

The events in the middle east may help them wake up to their plight.

How long will they want to remain in servitude?

A few of them may have TV's or even have access to and know how to use the internet.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by EzeUche2(m): 10:31pm On Feb 22, 2011
Beaf:

It will only look like another Boko Haram uprising. The North is in no position to rise against its elite, an uprising is more likely from the South and traditionally, the South has always led the way in such events, from NLC actions to student riots to the June 12th uprising.

People tend to underestimate the strength of Boko Haram and its widespread appeal. They target everyone from their own politicians and outsiders. There will be an uprising in the North, and the Emirs and the political leadership will ask for the South's help. However, they allowed their region to go underdeveloped so they have to be prepared for the consequences.

No region in the Nigeria is in such dire straits as compared to the North. Too many hungry mouths up there who can turn on their leadership.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Beaf: 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2011
EzeUche_:

People tend to underestimate the strength of Boko Haram and its widespread appeal. They target everyone from their own politicians and outsiders. There will be an uprising in the North, and the Emirs and the political leadership will ask for the South's help. However, they allowed their region to go underdeveloped so they have to be prepared for the consequences.

No region in the Nigeria is in such dire straits as compared to the North. Too many hungry mouths up there who can turn on their leadership.

The North can only be moved to largescale uprising through religion, not because they are poor. If there is ever such largescale demonstrations in the North, the South would already be up in flames, cos thats where it will be led from. Our mini revo's have always started up between Benin and Lagos and our educated radicals tend to come mainly from the SW and old Midwest areas, not from the North (except the likes of Aminu Kano).
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by aljharem(m): 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2011
Beaf:

The North can only be moved to largescale uprising through religion, not because they are poor. If there is ever such largescale demonstrations in the North, the South would already be up in flames, cos thats where it will be led from. Our mini revo's have always started up between Benin and Lagos and our educated radicals tend to come mainly from the SW and old Midwest areas, not from the North (except the likes of Aminu Kano).

can you shut your mouth for once,.,. ideeiot only a mumu like u can talk like that
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by efisher(m): 10:46pm On Feb 22, 2011
If you have observed closely, you will see that the revolution has different effects in different countries. Egypt was 'succesful' because there is some form of unity amongst the people. The response in Libya is completely different.

Now in Nigeria, whether the almajiris start the revoluion or the Niger delta militants do, the likely direction it will take is simply division of the country into bits and pieces. Any 'revolution' will quickly turn into an ethno-religious crises and I can bet that we wont be fighting the government. We will be fighting ourselves. Who do you think the almajiris will attack? their leaders? no way! they will go after the christians and before you know it, people will start calling for splitting the nation. We all know that's the direction. Deep down, that's the gratest desire of so many Nigerians. They want a divorce.

I have said and will keep saying that the revolution model need not be applied in Nigeria. Revolution as one entity against the government can NEVER work in Nigeria simply because, Nigeria is made up of people with divergent interests. We are too different to fight for a common cause. We will always end up fighting for our tribe or religion. If Nigeria must remain as one entity, we should NOT apply the revolution model.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Rhino5dm: 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2011
mazi! dont mind paid propagandist. It is on record that only in bauchi state, people rejected PDP 2007. the incumbent Governor maazu could not deliver the state with his power of incumbency and PDP rigging machinary.

IT IS ONLY IN BAUCHI STATE THAT A [size=22pt]400L STUDENT [/size] CONTESTED AND DEAFEATED A NATIONAL HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY MAJORITY LEADER(ABDUL NINGI)  

while the incumbent govornor was defeated by san. Bala Kaura(the present FCT minister) in a sanetorial seat election. the same senator that grow balls and confronted the PDP cabals and usher in this clown called GEJ with his integrity group, whom was later rewarded with minister of FCT while the malu's from NIGER DELTA couldn't even move a muscle.

Allow that 'it' to be making useless claims cos. he is just serving his stomach.

EzeUche_:

Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 22, 2011
I foresee Nigeria's revolution coming. It may not be as bloody or as sudden as North Africa's, but a revolution nontheless.

Most likely youth unemployment and general aggravation will be at its heart. The coming elections outcome will probably be a kick-starting factor. I don't know if it will be muslims or christians or whoever that will start it but i am sure all will get involved after some time.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by ShangoThor(m): 12:06am On Feb 23, 2011
Seriously AljHarem, it sounds like Beaf has rattled your cage, what exactly is your problem with his statement?

alj harem:

can you shut your mouth for once,.,. ideeiot only a mumu like u can talk like that
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by aljharem(m): 12:23am On Feb 23, 2011
ShangoThor:

Seriously AljHarem, it sounds like Beaf has rattled your cage, what exactly is your problem with his statement?

mr southern unity can you not read
Beaf:

why can't the north rise against the elite are they handikapped is it not the same thing that is happening in lybia, egypt and co

you keep saying stu.pid things that he knows nothing about undecided
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by ShangoThor(m): 12:32am On Feb 23, 2011
Well all you have to do is prove him wrong, revolt and protest against oppression without finding the need to constantly slaughter Kaffir or Southerners and for the first time demonstrate that you can put the Nation State of Nigeria first.

alj harem:

mr southern unity can you not read
why can't the north rise against the elite are they handikapped is it not the same thing that is happening in lybia, egypt and co

you keep saying stu.pid things that he knows nothing about undecided

Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by aljharem(m): 12:42am On Feb 23, 2011
ShangoThor:

Well all you have to do is prove him wrong, revolt and protest against oppression without finding the need to constantly slaughter Kaffir or Southerners and for the first time demonstrate that you can put the Nation State of Nigeria first.

brother, i have always wanted nigeria to unite and progress as a nation.,.,., that is why i try to be very objective sometime with the yorubas sometimes with the igbos

but first of all you call for united southern nigeria,.,., what is the meaning of that,.,. do you believe southern nigeria will be better than northern nigeria

secondly, it is people like beaf that are destroying nigeria,.,. beaf and jonathan are connected and he is going to gain something in his term,.,, ,. if you  and others do not see that,, ,, ,. it is a shame

thridly, beaf is heartless because he knows that jonathan will steal money because he has spent a year in office with no improvement not even small ,.,. and yet he supports him

i am not a tribalistic person at all,.,. if you know me real life you will see,.,.,. but my igbo brothers and beaf have made me have a different view on Southern nigeria

the article i brought out yesterday is not to tess my igbo brothers but for us to discuss issues until beaf came to make it a tribalistic one and others followed,.,.,.,. you see
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by ShangoThor(m): 1:07am On Feb 23, 2011
Brother, I love all Africans, I believe Africa has been exploited by both Arabs and Europeans, and consequently Africa has had, and is having a rough ride.

1. Black Africans first and the Allegiance to Africa is of paramount importance.
2. Alien religions do not take priority to the Welfare of Black Africans.
3. The Nation State we find ourselves in are more important than the foreign religions we have adopted.
4. Zero tolerance for ethnic or religious bigotry.

If we agree on these things above then all we have to concentrate on is fixing our State so it works for all without prejudice

alj harem:

brother, i have always wanted nigeria to unite and progress as a nation.,.,., that is why i try to be very objective sometime with the yorubas sometimes with the igbos

but first of all you call for united southern nigeria,.,., what is the meaning of that,.,. do you believe southern nigeria will be better than northern nigeria

secondly, it is people like beaf that are destroying nigeria,.,. beaf and jonathan are connected and he is going to gain something in his term,.,, ,. if you and others do not see that,, ,, ,. it is a shame

thridly, beaf is heartless because he knows that jonathan will steal money because he has spent a year in office with no improvement not even small ,.,. and yet he supports him

i am not a tribalistic person at all,.,. if you know me real life you will see,.,.,. but my igbo brothers and beaf have made me have a different view on Southern nigeria

the article i brought out yesterday is not to tess my igbo brothers but for us to discuss issues until that bas.tard beaf came to make it a tribalistic one and others followed,.,.,.,. you see

Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by aljharem(m): 1:16am On Feb 23, 2011
ShangoThor:

Brother, I love all Africans, I believe Africa has been exploited by both Arabs and Europeans, and consequently Africa has had, and is having a rough ride.

1. Black Africans first and the Allegiance to Africa is of paramount importance.
3. The Nation State we find ourselves in are more important than the foreign religions we have adopted.
4. Zero tolerance for ethnic or religious bigotry.

If we agree on these things above then all we have to concentrate on is fixing our State so it works for all without prejudice

i agree with 1 and 4 but 2, 3 NO

because i am a muslim does not mean i can not co-exist with christians or because you u are christian does not mean you can not co-exist with muslims,.,.,., it all has to do with self control and mutual respect

look at lagos today,.,. christians and muslims are living side by side

go to kwara no conflict

but other places like jos,.,. there is conflict

now the question we have to ask ourselves is how are the lagosians doing it that the same principle can not be applied in nigeria as a whole.

i am a muslim and i am not a radiclist or an extremist i love christians and muslims alike,.,.,. but the same can not be said of christians mostly in SE and SS

you see
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by ShangoThor(m): 1:44am On Feb 23, 2011
You have just confirmed my points. Points 2 & 3 are salient, and this goes to confirm why Northern and Southern Nigerians are diametrically opposed. I however respect your opinion to make that choice and I’d appreciate if you can respect my opinion to make my choice. If the Islamic hegemony of Northern Nigeria should form a separate Nation State, adopt Sharia Law and convert to an Islamic State with a significant Almajiri population, and cattle herding, then that’s your prerogative.

However, Southern Nigerians believe in progress, ‘Self Improvement’ and I personally believe in ‘the hard work ethic’, in being productive, in adding value to the quality of life of Black Africans, and so do the muslims of Southern Nigeria, so this is not strictly about religion, but attitudes to life. I accept that there would be ethnic skirmishes in the South, but I do know that it would do a lot better if it is a separate Nation State.

This is nothing personal.

alj harem:

i agree with 1 and 4 but 2, 3 NO

because i am a muslim does not mean i can not co-exist with christians or because you u are christian does not mean you can not co-exist with muslims,.,.,., it all has to do with self control and mutual respect

look at lagos today,.,. christians and muslims are living side by side

go to kwara no conflict

but other places like jos,.,. there is conflict

now the question we have to ask ourselves is how are the lagosians doing it that the same principle can not be applied in nigeria as a whole.

i am a muslim and i am not a radiclist or an extremist i love christians and muslims alike,.,.,. but the same can not be said of christians mostly in SE and SS

you see
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Beaf: 2:03am On Feb 23, 2011
^
If my argument was with alj harem alone, I'd have won resoundingly. The thing of note though is, sadly harems type form the majority in the North; there is an educated and progressive group, but they are stifled and voiceless.

These are your only points harem disagrees with:

In other words, religion is more important than the welfare of his fellow man and is considered above the state. A very dangerous and eye opening view; it is easy to see why there will be no Egypt style revolution in the North.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by ShangoThor(m): 2:15am On Feb 23, 2011
Precisely Beaf, and this is the most dangerous majority view that prevails in the Northern part of the country. That is why I carefully wrote my points. I pray that Southerners will wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late. The ethnic skirmishes in Southern Nigeria are NOTHING compared to the threat from the North, and this is precisely why the moderate Muslims will always capitulate to the radicals in Northern Nigeria, because solidarity behind their religion is more important than any thing else.

Beaf:

In other words, religion is more important than the welfare of his fellow man and is considered above the state. A very dangerous and eye opening view; it is easy to see why there will be no Egypt style revolution in the North.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by aljharem(m): 2:35am On Feb 23, 2011
Beaf:

^
If my argument was with alj harem alone, I'd have won resoundingly. The thing of note though is, sadly harems type form the majority in the North; there is an educated and progressive group, but they are stifled and voiceless.

These are your only points harem disagrees with:

you basta.rd shut up
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by aljharem(m): 2:38am On Feb 23, 2011
ShangoThor:

Precisely Beaf, and this is the most dangerous majority view that prevails in the Northern part of the country. That is why I carefully wrote my points. I pray that Southerners will wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late. The ethnic skirmishes in Southern Nigeria are NOTHING compared to the threat from the North, and this is precisely why the moderate Muslims will always capitulate to the radicals in Northern Nigeria, because solidarity behind their religion is more important than any thing else.

you see yourself and you call yourself educated

i said we can co-exist

do i have to put my religion aside because of africa

i believe Allah is more important than any africa,.,. FACT

so why should i put a white man's word (africa) above God

tell me

you and beaf are unbelievable angry
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by ShangoThor(m): 3:16am On Feb 23, 2011
Co-existing under your rules doesn't denote 'equality'. This is precisely why you and your kind must go ahead and do your own thing.

I do not want to co-exist with you under those terms and conditions, no, thank you very much.

I believe we should all be equal before the law; the law should not discriminate; and no group should be given preferential treatment over others irrespective of religion, creed, ethnicity and sex.

Africa and Africans come first, if you don't like it, form your own Nation State. It's about extending choice and not imposing a world view.

God bless Africa and her peoples despite the traitors we have in our midst.

alj harem:

you see yourself and you call yourself educated

i said we can co-exist

do i have to put my religion aside because of africa

i believe Allah is more important than any africa,.,. FACT

so why should i put a white man's word (africa) above God

tell me

you and beaf are unbelievable angry

Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by Beaf: 3:29am On Feb 23, 2011
alj harem:

you basta.rd shut up

No better way to signal loss of an argument! Lol

Dis NL sef! One day, one day pesin go wound wit laf! grin grin grin grin
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by shotster50(m): 3:42am On Feb 23, 2011
@ Beaf
LOL. Abeg ohh easy. Na frustration dey cause am.
Re: The 'Oppresed Muslim North' May Also Rise Up Against Their Tyranical Leaders? by ekubear1: 3:45am On Feb 23, 2011
Why do we believe that Boko Haram has widespread appeal in the north? It seems to have almost all of its strength in the NE, no? I doubt the masses of the NW or NC feel any affinity for it.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos, N’west Top Inec’s Final Voter Register Numbers Change / Presidential Debate: Is It Ok For Jonathan To Ask For (expo) Prepared Questions? / Bode: Ti Bi Nko: ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.