Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

A Friends Account Got Emptied - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Friends Account Got Emptied (1245 Views)

Hoodlums Emptied A Warehouse Full Of Gas Cookers / Woman Faints After Robbers Raided And Emptied Her Chemist Shop In Delta. Photos / Lady Narrates How A Man 'Charmed' Her Brother & Emptied His Account Via ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friends Account Got Emptied by dannyCodes: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2020
So last Friday, a friend called me that he was in a dilemma. He received an alert around few minutes to 4 saying he had been debited but he did not initiate any transaction, he rushed to the bank but the bank refused to answer him saying they are about to close that he should come back on Monday. Fast-forward, today he went to the bank and was told that his account might have been compromised, he asked for the receiving account details to track the transaction but was told that the person did the transaction through flutterwave. Is it possible to trace? If yes please how cause this money is needed urgently for rent.
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by hisgrace090: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
Why is the bank never ready to assist any of their customer defrauded?

5 Likes

Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by overdrive(m): 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
Does he use the card to fund online betting?
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by dannyCodes: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
overdrive:
Does he use the card to fund online betting?
I think so cause he plays bet9ja alot
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by Britishcoins(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
Next time call bank or forward email to them...
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by dannyCodes: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
Britishcoins:
Next time call bank or forward email to them...
That's what I told him then, but he was like the bank said he should come on Monday.
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by Ekejoestar(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
Pls, whats the name of the bank so we can avoid opening account with them.

4 Likes

Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by dannyCodes: 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ekejoestar:
Pls, whats the name of the bank so we can avoid opening account with them.
grin grin first bank.
But I'vo gotten in contact with flutterwave so I'm waiting for their response.
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by singa4real: 6:50am On Sep 08, 2020
The money is not yet lost, because the fraudster have not access the money, It will take upto a week before the fraudster can have access to the money.

What to do:

1.get enough evidence from your bank,

2. open a dispute notice on flutterwave, inform them that you didn't authorize the transaction.

3. They will now do there own investigation and even contact your bank to here their own side.

After the investigation and if your case is valid, your money will be reverted to your account and they will open a criminal case against the fraudster. If Satan have punished the fraudster the BVN verification proceedure on flutterwave will be used to track him and all the bank accounts connected to that bvn.

2 Likes

Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by dannyCodes: 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2020
singa4real:
The money is not yet lost, because the fraudster have not access the money, It will take upto a week before the fraudster can have access to the money.

What to do:

1.get enough evidence from your bank,

2. open a dispute notice on flutterwave, inform them that you didn't authorize the transaction.

3. They will now do there own investigation and even contact your bank to here their own side.

After the investigation and if your case is valid, your money will be reverted to your account and they will open a criminal case against the fraudster. If Satan have punished the fraudster the BVN verification proceedure on flutterwave will be used to track him and all the bank accounts connected to that bvn.

Done that yesterday, but after replying with the proof I'm yet to receive a reply so I'm waiting with my fingers crossed.
Thanks.
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by Samfloxin(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2020
God will punish all of them. Just small boy living in my yard bought three cars within the space of three months and is building house in our hood. Only God knows the person or people he duped . They will surely rotten. All scammers will face God's wrath .

2 Likes

Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by singa4real: 6:30am On Sep 09, 2020
dannyCodes:

Done that yesterday, but after replying with the proof I'm yet to receive a reply so I'm waiting with my fingers crossed.
Thanks.

They will reply, worry not yourself, It take upto a week before one can cash out money from flutterwave and once they see you dispute notice, that fruadster can never have access to that money. If he claim that he got the money through a legit means, they may invite both of you to a police station to come and proof yourself and anybody that fail to come to the state will be the criminal.
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by dannyCodes: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2020
singa4real:

They will reply, worry not yourself, It take upto a week before one can cash out money from flutterwave and once they see you dispute notice, that fruadster can never have access to that money. If he claim that he got the money through a legit means, they may invite both of you to a police station to come and proof yourself and anybody that fail to come to the state will be the criminal.
They told me to check for the transaction through their dispute channel, this person bought 50k airtime. Like WTF and the remaining money, I'm yet to find out what he did with it. Can't flutterwave tell which number was funded?? That'll be a huge lead.
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by dannyCodes: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2020
angry
So flutterwave said they can not disclose details to a third party like WTF?? so someone can not know where his money went?
After providing required partial atm number, date and amount they just confirmed the transaction was done only. I don tire and even bank sef no de tslk beta thing
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by dannyCodes: 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2020
singa4real:

bro no progress since any advice?
Re: A Friends Account Got Emptied by Jozel: 2:35am On Sep 16, 2020
Nice article... thanks for sharing this with us... please can I guest blog with you?
I have some nice contents Check out this one below
https://legitinfo247.com/manchester-city-set-to-bid-for-koulibaly/

(1) (Reply)

10 Types Of People I’ve Noticed On Nairaland. / Watch Moment Boko Haram Members Killed In Sambisa Forest Of Borno State (video) / Share Your Experiences Of Being Physically Abused By Women During Your Childhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.