Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band (45880 Views)

Supreme Court Discards Deposition By CSU Based On 180-Day Time Frame / Timipre Sylva: Petrol Queues To Remain Until Full Deregulation / Full Deregulation Of Petrol Price Coming - Timipre Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 08, 2020
GamalNasser:

Where do you people get this idea thatvthe average Nigerian is better of than the average Nigerien...lets do numbers ..

49 percent of Nigers population is poor while in Nigeria it's currently 50 percent of the population that's dirt poor under Buhari ...Nigeria has the highest number of poor people in the our Solar system , there are 90 million very poor people in Nigeria which about 4 times the entire population bof Niger... Besides we are a major Producer of oil while Niger imports all it's product so you cant compare both please

Actually Niger is poorer than Nigeria.

Gdp per capita of Niger 413.8 dollars

Gdp per capita of Nigeria 2021.9 dollars

That's a simple measure
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by omenka(m): 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2020
xeju:

but the timing is right now abi Mr Mumu, defending the indefensible. people like you are the reason Nigeria will never progress. bunch of degenerates
Come back when you're done crying and wiling to talk like an adult without insulting others.

Cc: Mynd44.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Surveillants(m): 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
A demand for an engine that run on ordinary water. Professor FE review how to make H2o powered engine.. click on the link to see.
https:///pbUsoj-1kW
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by miceroms: 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
This means that there is no reason why this agency should exist. Scrap PPPRA
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by tholhusomhie: 9:29pm On Sep 08, 2020
SAI BABA, SAI BUHARI!!! PMB FOR 3RD TERM.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2020
obailala:
@Ogododo, can you swear on your life and the life of your kids (born or unborn) that you supported the fuel subsidy removal in January 2012 when pump price jumped from N65 to N142?

Let's even assume you remotely supported the price increase in 2012, what about 2005? Why only in 2012? OBJ also tried stopping fuel subsidy several times (including a week to his handover to Yaradua) but Nigerians rejected it with venom and labelled him all sorts of nasty names for increasing fuel price. That's how we all got to even know the man called Adams Oshiomole cos he was like a national HERO then, always leading the NLC on industrial actions agains fuel price increase and frusyrating OBJ.

Amazing how everyone today now claims they supported subsidy removal and the N65-N142 pump price increase in 2012, but ApC supporters resisted and thwarted it. In fact, anyone who complained of fuel price increase in 2012 was just a hater of GEJ.. There's no madness we wouldn't see in this forum.

Your post reminds me of 2006 when I was one of those critical of Obasanjo on deregulation

Back then, I thought that subsidy was the only benefit we had from government

Since 2012 I know better....
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by bejeria101(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2020
CilicMarin:
Good One Mr. President......

No Going Back To President Jonathan Tenure Where Petrol Sold For 600 Naira due to scarcity of the product...

We Good Nigerians Appreciate You, President Mohammadu Buhari...

Now is the right time to scrap PPPRA...They are no longer needed in view of the recent development..m

Celebrating a dullard, guy you need help osiso
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by shugamummy: 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2020
Fine we won't talk about yesterday, similarly we won't regret revoting incompetence in 2019 again. But you sounded pained knowing fully well that if his had been done in 2012, we would have rejigged and suffered and recovered by now as you preach. But that aside, is now a better time to fully now deregulate compared to yesteryears based on the variables you highlighted. You who voted Boo Hari should openly apologize and beg for forgiveness before coming to comment and give advice on such topic again. Baaad rubish

omenka:
If this would ensure the subsidy regime never comes back, so be it. I'm sick and tired of that fraud.

If we must suffer, let it be once and for all. This unending rollercoaster of pains and succour does no one no good.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Bimpe29: 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
Full deregulation indeed
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by GamalNasser: 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2020
kikero:

Actually Niger is poorer than Nigeria.

Gdp per capita of Niger 413.8 dollars

Gdp per capita of Nigeria 2021.9 dollars

That's a simple measure
Per capita both are poor countries

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2020
GamalNasser:

Per capita both are poor countries

But Niger is much poorer....but they pay higer for fuel.

Simply because they can't afford subsides....their poverty isolates them from that issue.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by surgical: 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2020
OdumegwuOjukwu:

That's the problem, otherwise deregulation is a smart move. Subsidy only benefit a few, and creates avenue for smuggling.

It is because of subsidy that Nigeria has not realized the benefit of an oil producing nation. Too much money wasted subsiding consumption and corruption.
This is kindergarten reasoning,if the product is not imported, the issue of subsidy will not arise ,we must produce here,and firm our currency all this is the fault of the government
Secondly in countries where they value their citizens there is one form of subsidy or the other
So it not out of place lf Nigerians enjoy some subsidy don't make it look like a sin,when it is a right

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by blitzer(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2020
I guess Dancote's refinery is ready.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by cuteboy2: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2020
Always deflecting the incompetence on someone else. Nigeria apparently didn't exist before Jonathan. Previous governments before Jonathan never paid subsidy.

The humungous amount, by some estimates running to as high as over N3 trillion, has been wasted on subsidy he renamed "under recovery" just to deceive Nigerians. An amount that could have easily built 2 brand new refineries of the size Dangote is currently building at Lagos Free Trade Zone. Obviously, it is Jonathan that didn't allow Buhari's brain to function properly, to enable him realise this.

CilicMarin:

No Going Back To President Jonathan Tenure Where Petrol Sold For 600 Naira due to scarcity of the product...

Now is the right time to scrap PPPRA...They are no longer needed in view of the recent development..m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by cuteboy2: 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2020
How many times will this government deregulate fully petroleum products? This is the 3rd deregulation. There was a time Lai Mohammed will not allow us to rest with endless pontification on why price should go up in line with "full deregulation". After they still kept logging huge subsidies or "under recoveries".

How can you "deregulate" and still have a price regulating agency called PPPRA? What price will they be regulating since the price will now be fully determined by market forces of demand and supply? This inherent contradiction is clear evidence that this government is about to take us on another journey of lies and deception.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Dharmiejoe(m): 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2020
This govt is just clueless as shit. This is the worst time to deregulate the down stream sector. With the global effect of the pandemic hitting hard on forex and Nigeria's inability to refine crude oil internally, the high cost of refining externally will spike up landing cost and retail price will increase further. Until the naira appreciates and we are able to refine locally to create competition, Nigerians shall continue to suffer. What a shithole country!!
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Okoroawusa: 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
I totally support this move. Now Buhari is showing one of the characters that made me vote for him in 2015;Political will. It may be a tough decision but he is taking it for a better tomorrow.

I Love PMB
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 12:01am On Sep 09, 2020
Okoroawusa:
I totally support this move. Now Buhari is showing one of the characters that made me vote for him in 2015;Political will. It may be a tough decision but he is taking it for a better tomorrow.

I Love PMB
Im still searching where Pmb has made this statement

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 12:01am On Sep 09, 2020
cuteboy2:
How many times will this government deregulate fully petroleum products? This is the 3rd deregulation. There was a time Lai Mohammed will not allow us to rest with endless pontification on why price should go up in line with "full deregulation". After they still kept logging huge subsidies or "under recoveries".

How can you "deregulate" and still have a price regulating agency called PPPRA? What price will they be regulating since the price will now be fully determined by market forces of demand and supply? This inherent contradiction is clear evidence that this government is about to take us on another journey of lies and deception.
That of COWs grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 12:02am On Sep 09, 2020
kikero:

But Niger is much poorer....but they pay higer for fuel.

Simply because they can't afford subsides....their poverty isolates them from that issue.
Niger where less than 20% of the population do not have Fridges ahaha
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 12:03am On Sep 09, 2020
GamalNasser:

I just watch the actions of the govt and I can see how it will affect the naira . Last week the increase Fuel price , Electricity tarriffs and then opened the international airspace in a safe of 4 days , that's was bound to put pressure on the Naira by today and it did even though the govt tried to buffer the Naira by injecting 50 million dollars over the weekend it didn't work
Pressure on the NairaHow?
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Beautyaddy: 12:32am On Sep 09, 2020
erico2k2:

The truth of the matter is this, we can never remove subsidy, it would be 2 expensive. The market should be open more,The importation process should be made transparent. This one where NNPC is doing it in house nah only God go reveal the true extent of damage done, Nigerians will be shocked when power changes hand and the truth is told.

lol!...Keep Dreaming and Remaining on Wishful Thinking if that makes you feel better. undecided

How can a Country Built and sustained on Corruption all of the sudden expect its main and most important source of revenue to be more open or transparent to its brainwashed and gullible Citizens

How does that go together?

All the years Nigerians have been subsidizing the Oil price what has the long term effect brought out?....nothing other than making Nigerians to continue to live in fools paradise.

How many working Oil Refineries does Nigeria a Country known as one of the Oil Producing Countries currently have angry
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 12:45am On Sep 09, 2020
Beautyaddy:

lol!...Keep Dreaming and Remaining on Wishful Thinking if that makes you feel better. undecided

How can a Country Built and sustained on Corruption all of the sudden expect its main and most important source of revenue to be more open or transparent to its brainwashed and gullible Citizens

How does that go together?

All the years Nigerians have been subsidizing the Oil price what has the long term effect brought out?....nothing other than making Nigerians to continue to live in fools paradise.

How many working Oil Refineries does Nigeria a Country known as one of the Oil Producing Countries currently have angry

This is what happens when you dive in other peoples conversation without knowing the origin and context to which one is responding to, your post bears no reasonable meaning wahtso ever to my post or better still you must have quoted the wrong personin this case ME

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by yemi1504: 1:21am On Sep 09, 2020
COMPAQ:

Unfortunately, there is no "good"time! Majority of Nigerians have been extremely poor for that past 30 years and that won't change anytime soon.

Not because I like it like that, but thats the unfortunate truth. There is no magic wand to it. And one of the biggest reasons is because we are also majorly illiterate. In this modern economy, a country just can't have people as poorly educated as Nigerians are and expect they won't be living in poverty

And the literate ones that have no job? Continue o bro
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by yemi1504: 1:29am On Sep 09, 2020
omenka:
Come back when you're done crying and wiling to talk like an adult without insulting others.

Cc: Mynd44.

Rule 2 Abi? I comment my reserve SMH.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by prophetfire: 2:39am On Sep 09, 2020
CilicMarin:

Mumu talk. But Petroleum Equalisation Fund still stays? PEF is de reason you get fuel at the same price in PHC and in kano. PEF is still a form of subsidy that favour the northern nigeria. If they truely want to deregulate, let them remove PEF and lets see if northerners can afford petroleum products. That is if you know what PEF means bcs Buhari supporters have empty brains like him.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Myde4naija(m): 4:28am On Sep 09, 2020
rejoice4eva:
Painfully the government has failed to put any reasonable palliative measure in place to safeguard the interest of the already impoverished populace. Almost the price of everything , especially staple foods has skyrocketed.
Only God can save us .
heaven help those who help themselves.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Myde4naija(m): 4:33am On Sep 09, 2020
Dharmiejoe:
This govt is just clueless as shit. This is the worst time to deregulate the down stream sector. With the global effect of the pandemic hitting hard on forex and Nigeria's inability to refine crude oil internally, the high cost of refining externally will spike up landing cost and retail price will increase further. Until the naira appreciates and we are able to refine locally to create competition, Nigerians shall continue to suffer. What a shithole country!!
yeye dey smell,cry on baby
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by ORACULUM(m): 6:04am On Sep 09, 2020
Running in cycles..
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by kuse2(m): 6:10am On Sep 09, 2020
amc:
Welcome to the real world of Nigerian Oil Marketers - scarcity, expensive petrol. Una do well. Next is Restructuring.

So well to tell is d minimum wage in those countries.. Stop deceiving urself
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by kutashi: 7:21am On Sep 09, 2020
GamalNasser:

Keep quiet you Buharist quasi educated man ...Who told you it wasn't immediate ..The Naira is one of the most fragile currency on Earth and every careless poorly thought out policy affects it within 24 hours ( you can ask Emeifele)... Any increase in electricity tarriffs automatically puts pressure on contracting Economy and Naira ...The fact that even transportation cost went up hours later should tell you the effect was immediate , I hope you are aware Nigerian electricity deficit is balanced by petrol generators and an increase in petrol doesn't just affect transport but affect service and production in the micro Economy.. Opening the international airspace also put immediate pressure on the Naira as travellers started demanding for Forex and banks and travel BDCs start hoarding in anticipation of a spike in demand ... By weekend the pressure had reflected on the naira so much the CBN injected 50 million dollars to protect the value of the Naira and even that didn't prevent the slide and if the naira really closed at the price you mentioned then the CBN must have injected more today to cause that and by tommorow I will find out ..

Since Buhari came he has been artificially keeping the naira buffered using reserves we don't have if not the way he has destroyed the economy and Naira the value will be about 700 to a dollar ..

You're still suffering from see nothing good in your country syndrome and hatred for Buhari will send you to early grave!
Do you read at all before you post! Just calm down and learn because you're off track in most of your defense!
You see, Nigerians are the enemy of Nigerian, most of the price increase in commodities of good and service are not proportionate to the economy dictates may be because there is no price regulation! Our country are full of Saboteurs and those Governors are Nigeria state nightmare!
All I saw from what you wrote is negative view of naira from your abstract and black opaque mind! You didn't see how Naira will strengthen, no consideration for FDIs, Increase in reserves etc but how it will fall and affects the economy! I am on the field on this issue, everything about forex in Nigeria is 'over speculative motive' and non patrotism! Were you aware that Naira appreciate by almost N30 within hours not a day o at a parallel market! Hours! I repeat hours not a day! Does that make sense to you and can you even explain that? If you know what speculator lost that day, you won't be happy disgracing yourself here online thinking you making sensible analysis!
And by this statement of your--- if the naira really closed at the price you mentioned stamped your online stupidity is on the next level! It shows you don't even know nor confirm it and you're writing economic textbook jargons!
Finally, your confusion is best to known! May I ask you what exactly you want regarding CBN defending Naira?! CBN devalued Naira, you are shouting the is economy is bad! hypertension approaching! CBN is intervening through injection, you said they're defending Naira! Oga! You're in shock! Make you no get stoke on top of Buhari matter!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Protests In Benin As INEC Announces Results (Photos Video) / ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians / Senator Akpan Bows To Greet Saraki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.