Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,509 members, 7,850,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:31 AM

FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band (45881 Views)

Supreme Court Discards Deposition By CSU Based On 180-Day Time Frame / Timipre Sylva: Petrol Queues To Remain Until Full Deregulation / Full Deregulation Of Petrol Price Coming - Timipre Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by NaMeAboki: 8:34am On Sep 09, 2020
erico2k2:

what mkt forces?

This one go school at all?
Small time he will among those shouting aboki no get education, Buhari no get certificate
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 9:43am On Sep 09, 2020
NaMeAboki:

This one go school at all?
Small time he will among those shouting aboki no get education, Buhari no get certificate
As you go school why aint you bold to explain the kinda market forces tht would come to play when the bodies responsible for price-fixing is still existing and subsidy is being paid still?? and also things like PEF still exist******for your mind you make sense abi? u think nah to finish pry 6 B say U go school? now foxtrot oscar!

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by OdumegwuOjukwu: 10:54am On Sep 09, 2020
surgical:
This is kindergarten reasoning,if the product is not imported, the issue of subsidy will not arise ,we must produce here,and firm our currency all this is the fault of the government
Secondly in countries where they value their citizens there is one form of subsidy or the other
So it not out of place lf Nigerians enjoy some subsidy don't make it look like a sin,when it is a right

You might as well subsidize everything you import since according to you import is the reason for subsidy.

Poor and corrupt countries such as Nigeria has no business business subsizing consumption that's rife with malpractices. If we must subsidize, let it go into production.

I have no love lost for the dullard of president we currently have, but this so far if sustained is the best legacy he can ever leave. Succeeding in deregulation, even when people like Obj failed.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by NaMeAboki: 11:02am On Sep 09, 2020
erico2k2:

As you go school why aint you bold to explain the kinda market forces tht would come to play when the bodies responsible for price-fixing is still existing and subsidy is being paid still?? and also things like PEF still exist******for your mind you make sense abi? u think nah to finish pry 6 B say U go school? now foxtrot oscar!

I don't work for free; pay school fees first.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2020
NaMeAboki:

I don't work for free; pay school fees first.
I knew it, talk is free, u can't say anything intelligent now you know you yan dust

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by NaMeAboki: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
erico2k2:

I knew it, talk is free, u can't say anything intelligent now you know you yan dust

No time for toddlers.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
grin grin good for Nigerians they voted APC again in 2019

Oga this is nothing to do with APC. This is where decades of looting, cutting corners, deliberate scamming of Nigerians and failing to do the right thing has gotten us.

The only tragedy is that covid-19 economic devastation means things will now happen at a scary pace that that will cause severe hardship for ordinary Nigerians.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
CilicMarin:
Good One Mr. President......

No Going Back To President Jonathan Tenure Where Petrol Sold For 600 Naira due to scarcity of the product...

We Good Nigerians Appreciate You, President Mohammadu Buhari...

Now is the right time to scrap PPPRA...They are no longer needed in view of the recent development..m
God bless you Chairman.
You are one of the few sensible people we have on this forum.
Stay blessed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by CilicMarin: 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2020
post=93744288:

God bless you Chairman.
You are one of the few sensible people we have on this forum.
Stay blessed.

Thanks Sister, long time?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2020
CilicMarin:

Thanks Sister, long time?
You are welcome sir.
Yes, it's been a while.

Btw,
We no be sister o,
We are simply WE.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Newman20(m): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by COMPAQ(m): 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
surgical:
This is kindergarten reasoning,if the product is not imported, the issue of subsidy will not arise ,we must produce here,and firm our currency all this is the fault of the government
Secondly in countries where they value their citizens there is one form of subsidy or the other
So it not out of place lf Nigerians enjoy some subsidy don't make it look like a sin,when it is a right

What gives you I impression that if we produced petril here there wouldn't be subsidy. Is crude oil free?
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2020
NaMeAboki:

No time for toddlers.
I dare U to say something inteligent!
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by NaMeAboki: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
erico2k2:

I dare U to say something inteligent!

Do something about your spelling first grin
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by erico2k2(m): 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Do something about your spelling first grin
Next time argue wisely not fooolish888ly
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by NaMeAboki: 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
erico2k2:

Next time argue wisely not fooolish888ly
No time for pseudo intellectuals who can't even spell! cheesy grin
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by surgical: 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
COMPAQ:

What gives you I impression that if we produced petril here there wouldn't be subsidy. Is crude oil free?
cost components will be different, the cost of production will drastically reduced,resulting in cheaper products plus more employment and savings in foreign exchange, the advantages are enormous.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2020
Newman20:

I'm actually happy we are deregulation now. We should have deregulated a long time ago and by now we would have been reaping the benefits but that wasn't possible. But better late than never. In the future I'm sure we will reap the benefits of these deregulation we are having now. This may be Buhari's best year in office. smiley

People can say what they want about PMB, and I have my issues with him, but only a liar would deny he is brave and uncompromising, as all other Presidents failed to be, when he wants to achieve an objective.

In fact PMB has the best chance, to date, of driving very unpopular yet badly needed reforms if he is truly committed to changing Nigeria for the better regardless of whose OX is gored.

Buhari is not doing this because he knows the North will suffer for it. While I won't call Buhari a tribalist I feel it is 100% established he is unfairly partisan towards the North.

I say this as one of his disappointed fans who did not think he would be like that. I personally think Buhari is pained by how far back the North is in comparison to the rest of Nigeria. Yet his approach of openly favouring the region to aid her growth won't work.

The North need to feel the teething pain that comes with doing the right thing in the short or medium term so the long term future can be brighter and better. Buhari cannot undo in 8 years what many Northern leaders at all levels, over many decades, have done to get the North where she is. Tough love is what Buhari should give the North.

Better to ensure meritocracy all across Nigeria challenges Northerners to learn to compete and thrive than introducing favoritism and partiality that gives Northerners a sense of entitlement and prevents them from trying to be the competitive best they can be to the glory of the North. Quota system only made Northerners more lazy and laggardly.

The North is killing itself and is the most vulnerable to a Nigeria where there will be no oil income or central booty to share any longer. Hope Buhari and Northern leaders realise this before it is too late. Covid-19 has precipated the urgency to make today the changes Nigeria failed to make ages ago. That is why deregulation is here now.

When the economy begins to fail seriously, and this is only a matter of time, they won't tell Nigeria before we undergo severe cut back on government cost and mass retrenchment in government parastatals and we all know those who will suffer badly as a result of those measures.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by Newman20(m): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by phantom24: 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
Subsidy should be removed ONLY when the local refineries are fixed. They should have waited for Dangote to complete his refinery. Secondly we haven't seen much positive differences from all d monies this govt. Claimed to recover from looter hence we shldn't expect much from this move.
Re: FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band by bluefilm: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
Na wa o!

Which way Naijeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Akpan Bows To Greet Saraki (Photo) / ‘You Have To Provide Your Identity Cards’ - Army To Nigerians / Signpost In Honour Of Abu Ali In Sambisa Forest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.