Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike (14182 Views)

Resident Doctors Suspend Indefinite Strike, to resume tomorrow / 14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages / Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by ybn(m): 5:48am On Sep 11, 2020
Nobody is irreplaceable as long as public service work is concerned. Besides, strike in healthcare sector is a CRIMINAL ACT, as health sector has been classified as ESSENTIAL SERVICE, in same manner as security services.

Sammy07:
Though, it's good as they've suspended it.
BUT
The minister that said they should be replaced with serving Corp members needs to be castrated.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by Favemmzar200(m): 5:52am On Sep 11, 2020
Shortyy:
What's the painless way to die pls?
Sister you wan kill yasef
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by TheArrowhead(m): 5:55am On Sep 11, 2020
Sounds like a dummy has been sold to the striking doctors. They should go and ask ASUU.
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by vickydevoka(m): 6:26am On Sep 11, 2020
OdaNobunaga:

I agree farmers are making it this period, but to compare them with doctors, nawa o. E never reach like that, everybody for don turn farmers naa.
Wen Dem de call farmers no be home n Cutlass o. Go Kano, kaduna go see farm, even maiduguri u go see fish farm way go make u de reason de way I de reason. How u go de sell local rice for 20k n above. De only thing about farming is de risk involve, it's affected by climate change, flood n de rest
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by PS712: 6:29am On Sep 11, 2020
Skye231:
As they hear say they wan replace them with corpers ..lol
You sef think say that one na serious threat for doctors under residency? Na threat for Nigerians. Fresh graduates will now start doing work that need three to four years experience in a time of serious emergency (covid19 pandemic). World over governments are begging with and thanking health workers we are here threatening with sack when we know that statistics show our doctors are emigrating in drones leaving us with a ratio of 1 doctor to about 5000 patients. The minister threatening sack of resident doctors will be co siderd/can afford airlift of himself and family under emergency to a foreign land for treatment even u der flight restrictions, can same be said of 98% of Nigerians?
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by Deborah98(f): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2020
A welcome development,
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by PaulH07: 7:30am On Sep 11, 2020
rotadeco27:

some of my colleagues have gotten their June covid allowances already ,by tomorrow I should be 153k reacher from June covid allowance, thanks to the strike.

You're probably a Senior Registrar right?
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by Enugupikin: 7:35am On Sep 11, 2020
iLUCID:
I no like doctors
No one likes u too cheesy grin grin bc you're cursed and worthless
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by tonyson010(m): 8:14am On Sep 11, 2020
Simplyleo:
A very good step and a welcome development.

Doctors should stand by their Hippocratic Oath

For this, i salute Dr Osagie for ensuring peace in the health sector. Half is better than none.

That corper doctor thing no follow. undecided

The man that is always bluffing. Talking rubbish and lying
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by article1: 8:18am On Sep 11, 2020
grin ;DWhen they heard Youth Corners will take over their jobs. Hence the abrupt suspension of the strike
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by Jaqenhghar: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2020
ybn:
Nobody is irreplaceable as long as public service work is concerned. Besides, strike in healthcare sector is a CRIMINAL ACT, as health sector has been classified as ESSENTIAL SERVICE, in same manner as security services.

They dont see it like that. For them it is a poverty alleviation career. Its not about patients or saving lives, give them money because they suffered in school.
But then we live in a very unsympathetic society where acts of kindness and compassion is seen as foolishness so no surprises.
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by tonyson010(m): 8:26am On Sep 11, 2020
eejo:
The strike is all about money in your pocket and has nothing to do with improve Health care. 90 percent of Nigerian Government Hospitals are operating below the International standard and it is the poor Nigerians that will suffer in these Hospitals.

Says who, just as you cry for deplorable social amenities in this country so are health workers. Some leave because the work is not giving satisfaction due to poor infrastructure in the system and system overload. You overwork yourself and don't feel happy.
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by nan1: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2020
Shortyy:

Pls dont even think about it there is always light at the end of the tunnel just believe that your tomorrow will be greater than today

talk to someone and share your thought cry out your feelings scream if you want but pls dont kill your self one love dear
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by Areaboyfriend(m): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
Simplyleo:
A very good step and a welcome development.

Doctors should stand by their Hippocratic Oath

For this, i salute Dr Osagie for ensuring peace in the health sector. Half is better than none.

That corper doctor thing no follow. undecided

Have you had a look at the updated oath?
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by simfrost90210: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
Sammy07:
Though, it's good as they've suspended it.
BUT
The minister that said they should be replaced with serving Corp members needs to be castrated.
grin as in seriously ooo., that man needs strokes of koboko
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by scarycuteface(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
I'm sure FCMB / Wellvis doctors don't go on strike. They're always ready to serve their customers and employees with health issues. You can enjoy it too
Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
I'm really happy that the strike has been suspended. Even though have been making use of FCMB Health Advisory Services. It's an on-demand health information service in collaboration with Wellvis.org, making it easier for Nigerians to access quality healthcare from your home or offices.

Re: Resident Doctors Suspend Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
Shortyy:
remember you better pass many oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Health Facts Explained / HELP!! My Girlfriend Has An Unwanted Pregnancy / Staphylococcus Aureus/infections : My Experience About It .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.