Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) (80103 Views)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Rosskii: 11:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
desiredhome:

Yes but cleaners are human being...... some of these people behave worst than animal.......

These are all as a result of selfishness in we Africans....
No love for one another, no body cares about the other person.....
No body want to build/give ...everybody want to destroy/collect.......

That is the highest level of poverty in the land..

Please leave ''Africans'' out of this.

Have you been to even 1/10th of the 54 African countries to know what they do there?

Just stay in your Naija lane abeg.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by nanauju(f): 12:06am On Sep 14, 2020
IncredibleWrite:
The Op obviously has a vendetta. Any sound mind should see through all his rants. I blame the Mod that pushed this to front page.

Really unfortunate

Tribalism will never end in this country
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 14, 2020
SirLakes:

If those dilapidated structures are there should we hide it and pretend like it's nothing because we don't want people to see and laugh.

In fact, we have people with first-hand experience confirm this here.

Even if it has been fixed, would this kinda nonsense ever happen in a saner environment.

Post the fixed facilities as a counter thread if you can

Simple as ABC

I still school there and I know the state of those structures right now.

Nah! I don't do counter threads.

I know the reason why he created this thread in the first place. Just surprised it made FP.

In a saner environment, this won't happen, but we know the state of FG owned schools and I don't see people going to take pictures of other school's toilet and posting on nairaland.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Abibella: 12:19am On Sep 14, 2020
Na true talk
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by 12345baba(m): 12:25am On Sep 14, 2020
The lions and lionesses
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 12:31am On Sep 14, 2020
Focusmind:
My people, work harder so that your children do not near the gate of any Nigerian University. As for me, the project is on course and I am doing everything possible to realize that dream for them. Our government and those in power have all left us behind to rot and kill ourselves.

Their children are in Universities abroad, spending our money. I pity the poor masses. However, all blames should not go to the government alone. Nigerian people are the worst when it comes to cleanliness and maintenance. We lack maintenance culture. Even if you build a world class hostel there, come in years time, you will be shocked by the level of degradation.

Students in Nigerian universities are one of the worst indiscipline, forming G-guys and hardman and not maintaining decency and decorum.

Not just students. Generally we Nigerians are filthy and dirty. Look at our markets, roadsides etc. All filled with junk. People eat and second nature is just to throw the wrapper on the floor.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 12:54am On Sep 14, 2020
SegFault:

Brazil runs free universities I hope you Know

Which caters mostly to the privileged white elite!!

https://www.businessinsider.com/brazil-has-tuition-free-college-but-it-only-serves-a-portion-of-its-citizens-2015-6

Meanwhile are you even joking with Brazil?? Not take small eye look that country o.

Brazil’s government budget is $779bln. Nigeria is $22bln, yet our population is almost exactly the same. That’s why I always say that despite our supposed oil wealth, Nigeria is a relatively poor country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_government_budget

Their annual budget level is 9th in the world, our is 79th. Most Nigerians don’t know much about South American countries because they are not always in the media like America and Europe. Brazil is in the next level below G7. Nigeria wouldn’t even make G100.

Their GDP is $1.8trln our own is $400bln. They are far ahead of us developmentally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by roszilman: 1:04am On Sep 14, 2020
ABlAstate:
Unn is a cursed shithole university just like Enugu state. cheesy
motherfvcking afonja... Dats how it is everywhere
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by frog12: 1:21am On Sep 14, 2020
according to TIMES HIGHER , UNN is in the 9th best university in AFRICA. HAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHA
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Litmus: 1:24am On Sep 14, 2020
COMPAQ:

Not just students. Generally we Nigerians are filthy and dirty. Look at our markets, roadsides etc. All filled with junk. People eat and second nature is just to throw the wrapper on the floor.

Speak for you. You are filthy and dirty not me or any Nigerian I know, even the Uni you're gloating over has been renovated according to some posters so calm down.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Litmus: 1:37am On Sep 14, 2020
Something else Nigerians should learn from this is send your children to Nigerian universities instead of financing universities in other parts of Africa by sending your children to those places. In addition, if you patronize Nigeria some of those foreign institutions will build their affiliated universities in Nigeria instead of building them in other African nations knowing well that Nigerians would send there children there. Sending your children to universities outside Africa is another matter for at least this is underscored by their relative excellence over those in Africa.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by frog12: 1:41am On Sep 14, 2020
this is just BASIC HYGIENE.
the school has maintenance STAFF, DONT THEY?
the PROBLEM IS laziness and lack of will to enforce.

Litmus:
Something else Nigerians should learn from this is send your children to Nigerian universities instead of financing universities in other parts of Africa by sending your children to those places. In addition, if you patronize Nigeria some of those foreign institutions will build their affiliated universities in Nigeria instead of building them in other African nations knowing well that Nigerians would send there children there. Sending your children to universities outside Africa is another matter for at least this is underscored by their relative excellence over those in Africa.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Oluwademilade: 1:45am On Sep 14, 2020
Omihanifa:
All these are happening simply because the universities are underfunded undecided

If there's adequate funding, the right infrastructures will be in place angry the hostels are too congested sad

The person that took those pictures get mind sha angry undecided

Have you seen a sector well funded in Nigeria before?

This is not about being underfunded. This is pure irresponsibility of the highest order.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Litmus: 1:47am On Sep 14, 2020
frog12:
this is just BASIC HYGIENE.
the school has maintenance STAFF, DONT THEY?
the PROBLEM IS laziness and lack of will to enforce.

You're right but lets keep in mind that this is niaraland where info are not as first appears. News is often distorted for ulterior motives obviously.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:53am On Sep 14, 2020
helinues:
Truth be told, this is how average male hostels are across the country
Ribadu Hall, Samaru, ABU, was closed sight to these, too, to be honest.

Until students threatened to BURN the hall. The State Governor, FIXED both Kongo and Samaru, with the speed of sound, immediately.

Up abu!!
96 set.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by imagrg(m): 4:10am On Sep 14, 2020
Effect of a corrupt system.
A Federal University!
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Momfa: 4:56am On Sep 14, 2020
PortHarcourt2:
UNN is the worst university in Nigeria. What a shambolic shithole university. Enugupikin come and carry your shithole university where only Nsukka illiterates are attending school cheesy
my ribs o grin cheesy see as u murder the shithole
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by saintdevo(m): 5:17am On Sep 14, 2020
So disgusting, The students should be responsible for this
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 14, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
The truth is that those schools make more money than even the one federal government is allocating to them. The school.managment is no better than buhari and the rest of them. Do you know how much their scratch cardbis sold every year? Do you know how much is acceptance fee for over 3000 students? Do you know how much they make from all the little liklte things students pay for? Where does the money go to? Yey, it's not the school that pays lecturers. Most of the structures are raised by old students. Most departments are build by old students from that department. UNN as a university makes enough money to build best lecture halls and hostels in one academic session. But those evil men there will rather keep the money for themselves and wait for a federal government that doesn't exist to give them money. The school fees is even too much with that kind of environment.
Most of those professors there attended that same school and stayed in those same hostels with good foams and clean toilets. But now that they have been given the opportunity to make the place better or at least be the way I was when they were undergraduates, they are seeing is as rocket science.

The acceptance fee is part of the school fees of 200 dollars so it doesn't factor in

Yes, our professors went to university. And enjoyed all the goodies as you said

But back then, the number of university students and universities was within a manageable level. The university I went to had 3000 students in the early 70s. Today it has over 70000, if not more.

Our education budget , universities included is 3 billion dollars . South Africa is spending 23 billion on education. Canada is spending 65billon on primary school education

And south Africa charges higher fees than Nigeria

What you pay for is what you get. We are paying fees less than 200 dollars per annum. Thus we get our money's worth.And yes corruption makes the thing worse

If you want pristine condition for your hostels, pay higher fees or higher taxes or both

And Lord knows I wish students in Nigeria could pay school fees of 2000 naira per annum.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Area4Area: 6:22am On Sep 14, 2020
Redcrafton:

I don't have time to play back and forth with you...Using the link below will show you how bad most federal unis are. May be you will eat your words.

https://www.nairaland.com/3040907/see-how-dirty-toilets-mandela

https://www.nairaland.com/2390966/federal-polytechnic-idah-male-hostel
Topic says UNN and no other unis were mentioned, face topic please and stop trying to derail

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 14, 2020
Oluwademilade:

Have you seen a sector well funded in Nigeria before?

This is not about being underfunded. This is pure irresponsibility of the highest order.

Yeah, you are right

But the problem is, you chaps then demand that your university looks like Oxford, where fees are 8000 dollars or more, on fees of less than 200 dollars., And a budget far less than Oxford
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 14, 2020
Area4Area:
Topic says UNN and no other unis were mentioned, face topic please and stop trying to derail

No, the guy you quoted is right.

Nothing like derailing

Many federal universitas look like unn. Chronic underfunding.

All because we refuse to pay higher taxes or higher fees.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Fash20: 6:25am On Sep 14, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Boys hosteks are worst. 4people will pay for hostel fees and then sqaute 8others without the knowledge in of the porter and you espect the place not to be over crowded.
In my own hostel in that same Nsukka, we were in charge of cleaning our toilets and bath rooms even though we had cleaners. If you are reported for messing up the hostel, you would park and leave within 24hrs because students can be horrible. If I were in school and needed to ease myself, I take a shuttle back to my hostel because I dreaded entering school hostel. The cleaners will just finish cleaning and before they even reach downstairs, students will mess the whole place up without minding it was a human being that cleaned it up. Bother the school admin and the students living in those hostels are to be blamed.

Some student will always be foolish that doesn't mean they should be living like animals
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by mustyguy(m): 6:45am On Sep 14, 2020
Few pictures Ahmadu bello university hostels
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by mustyguy(m): 6:45am On Sep 14, 2020
Few pictures of Ahmadu bello university hostels

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by mustyguy(m): 6:46am On Sep 14, 2020
Bayero university kano

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by mustyguy(m): 6:51am On Sep 14, 2020
University of indigenous people of nigeria��������

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by johnpablo541(m): 7:19am On Sep 14, 2020
Lamasta:
You can't graduate from this same school and be normal

Most of the students live off-campus.
The female hostels are in better shape.
Portable water supply is a problem in Nsukka and sometimes the students have to go off campus to fetch water.

I once saw cleaners fetch water from the water fountain close to the VC's office to go clean the VC complex.

It is going to get worse when the school resumes because most of the male students make use of the bush to relieve themselves and the bushes around the hostel premises are now construction sites as new hostels are being built but they won't be ready till 5 years time.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by DanjaNinja(m): 7:25am On Sep 14, 2020
humilitypays:
Black man, I keep wondering why nature cheated on black man by making the black race unable to lead themselves to light in their own lands, its a fundamental problem of the whole black race; lack of coordination, lack of maintenance culture, dirtiness, wickedness, selfishness, laziness, disorganized and uncreatively foolish, but very good in financial looting and kleptomania angry

Our greatest flaws as blacks is the inability to work collectively towards a common goal. Blacks, specially Nigerians are individually exceptionally but collectively incompetent. That’s why you find Nigerians thriving abroad. They thrive cos of the infrastructure collectively built by westerners who are adept at working together towards a common good.

I used to think the west was responsible for our failure as a nation but I have since come to understand that we are not a society that understands how to collectively work towards a common goal. We strongly believe in individual excellence and I better pass my neighbor.

Last last, Individual excellence in the face of collective failure is still failure.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Chikelue2000(m): 7:27am On Sep 14, 2020
BigotMan:

that was the same treatment UNN students gave to VC Mbanefo years ago. they actually wheeled him to the toilets via a wheel barrow

i think overpopulation and embezzlement of the funds by higher administrators are to blame

before i left UNN, it was rumoured that Mbanefo hostel will be repaired leaving just two hostels, Eni-Njoku and Alvan for male students (both decayed structures)

by the way @OP those your pictures are not recent. give us the most recent pictures of UNN Nsukka

cc Chikelue2000 (Super Lion!) what do you have to say about your alma mata?
baba I have nothing to add....the op was right in describing our hostels.....I don't know how it looks today Sha but during my days...those are exactly what u see...very disturbing n unhygenic....I had to even close eyes to see things

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Mike008(m): 7:32am On Sep 14, 2020
Filthy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Lady Bares Cleavage At University Of Port-Harcourt Matriculation (Photos) / Unilorin 2013/2014 Direct Entry Candidates / N5000 For Sex With Students Of FGGC Langtang Plateau: Security Guards Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.